UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SoCal 3/21 change. No letter received today. Maybe it was held up an extra day because the dean had to sign it? haha. That's what I'm telling myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok - so the Recruitment Day page finally changed (https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/accepted/recruitment/?pgID=302) and instructs us to log into our status page for information. Does anyone see anything? I don't. I figure that they wouldn't let that slip through b/c then we'd know, but just figured I'd ask...... :)

I checked too, and I couldn't see anything. Also, I was really hoping to find the letter in my mailbox before I drove to OC tonight, but it wasn't there...so I'm just going to have to drive back to my apartment in LA tomorrow just to check my mail. :D I can't handle waiting until Sunday!

I interviewed late November. Still no status change. Wonder what it means.

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed mid jan. no change. sucks. why does it take so long?!?! I was talking to my sister today and I noticed that counting the date of my first MCAT class this whole "application process" has been wellllllll over a year for me. So whats a few more days?? WE CAN DO IT!

interviewed early december and no status change..

who were 3/21 "letter sent" status and received an unranked waitlist letter today. Seeing as about 20 people were on SDN getting acceptances in the first batch, it is a bit early to tell if everyone in the second batch is necessarily waitlisted. But of course, the evidence so far is tilting that direction. Im hoping when I wake up tomorrow afternoon I will have found that someone here posted a 3/21 with a letter of acceptance. Otherwise, I'll be sick again.

hey guys...i just started another thread for waitlist ppl for this yr, hoping it helps!

Do you guys know what proportion of the 170 students in UCLA's class are from the drew program and from the ucr/ucla program? I just wanted to know how many slots are avaliable for geffen students. thanks

Interviewed early Dec. Got the 3/22 change. SoCal...(30 miles from LA), maybe get the letter later today (Saturday)? Stats on par-slightly higher than UCLA average. Good luck to everyone.

Anyone have trouble sleeping last night! I seriously couldn't get to bed until like 2am, and I couldn't sleep past 7:30am. :eek:

Now I know how Jack Bauer feels....:D

The following takes place between the hours of 7:30am and when the mail arrives, on this working day of the California United States Postal Service Branch in Los Angeles. I am still waiting to hear from my top choice medical school, my family could be in danger(from me!) if I wait any longer, and my status page finally changed on 3/22 since October. My AMCAS number is #####, and this is the longest day of my life.

:luck: :luck: :luck: BEST LUCK TO ALL OF US:luck: :luck: :luck:

Anyone have trouble sleeping last night! I seriously couldn't get to bed until like 2am, and I couldn't sleep past 7:30am. :eek:

My goodness, so did I!!! I was up 2-3 hours later than normal due to nerves, but got up same time as usual...

I am so anxious to see what people get today!! Will more 3/21'ers get mail? Will any 3/22'ers start to get mail? Please do share!

GOOD LUCK everyone! We've all come so far together - since this thread came together 1/15/07 and way before that! Best of Luck! :luck:

:luck: :love: dreaming of ucla... :love: :luck:

Interviewed early Dec. Got the 3/22 change. SoCal...(30 miles from LA), maybe get the letter later today (Saturday)? Stats on par-slightly higher than UCLA average. Good luck to everyone.

How exciting to have the status change! I can't believe answers are on their way! GOOD LUCK, RK, and please share if you receive anything today!!!! :luck:

Now I know how Jack Bauer feels....:D

The following takes place between the hours of 7:30am and when the mail arrives, on this working day of the California United States Postal Service Branch in Los Angeles. I am still waiting to hear from my top choice medical school, my family could be in danger(from me!) if I wait any longer, and my status page finally changed on 3/22 since October. My AMCAS number is #####, and this is the longest day of my life.

:luck: :luck: :luck: BEST LUCK TO ALL OF US:luck: :luck: :luck:

I hope you get accepted today!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you get accepted today!

Thanks QM, Likewise I wish you the best of luck and to ALL OF US!!! we just gotta hold on for a few more hours or at most 1 day! aHHH going crazy:eek:

:luck: :luck: much luck to ALLLLL:luck: :luck:

Thanks QM, Likewise I wish you the best of luck and to ALL OF US!!! we just gotta hold on for a few more hours or at most 1 day! aHHH going crazy:eek:

I, too, hope you get awesome news!!! :luck: :thumbup: And, like you said, it's just a few more hours until today's mail, and if not today you should hear on Monday!!!! How exciting and I'm crossing my fingers for you!

And to everyone else waiting for & anticipating mail delivery, I'm crossing my fingers for you, too! May the mailmen bring you the most amazing news every!!! :luck:

:luck: :love: dreaming of ucla.... :love: :luck:

My goodnesss, I did not expect to be cut off from SDN today!!! Holy cow, I have been so anxious for those with letters coming & for some reason I couldn't connect to SDN - I guess SDN was down for us all! I hope those who have gotten mail today are receiving AWESOME news! GOOD LUCK everyone! To those with mail on the way and to those still waiting, best of luck!!!! :)

3/22 status change.. east coast and got my letter today. Reject! .. my first post-interview rejection out of 7 interviews.. :(

3/22 status change.. east coast and got my letter today. Reject! .. my first post-interview rejection out of 7 interviews.. :(

oh no :eek:

not good at all!

3/22 status change, HOLD (yes in all caps according to the letter) aka second priority waitlist (won't be considered until July), interviewed late November, yay.

Hope it's better news for the rest of you.

mixed bag...ugh...but it sounds like all status changes this week weren't good news. :(

Oh my! I am sooooo sorry! I know that hurts, and I am really, truly sorry. ::big hugs::

... ok what the hell, UCLA?! you haven't even filled your class and you're already putting people on different priority waitlists and rejecting them. what the faaaack?!

Did any more 3/21'ers get the mail? Any other 3/22'ers?

sorry, i can censor it if you want :> that IS what i'm thinking though... seriously UCLA... life is not supposed to make sense but come on...

No, no, I'm AGREEING!!!!

Last edited:
there's no way ucla sent out all their acceptances in that first batch a month ago. but they need their class filled by April 15th, and they probably want to have enough students at the 2nd look...what's is wrong with this picture?

there's no way ucla sent out all their acceptances in that first batch a month ago. but they need their class filled by April 15th, and they probably want to have enough students at the 2nd look...what's is wrong with this picture?

For the life of my I can't figure this out! What is going on? Where is the good news in all of this?!

Well the 3/21 have 100% been unranked waitlist so I will continue to expect to see that in the mail box on monday. You 3/22 guys are mixed though. Maybe the office made some errors?

Last edited:
All i can say is that if swtie and QW get anything but an acceptance than all bets are off on what the hell is going on

Thanks, narc, for the vote of confidence! Have you gotten your news yet?

I've been following this thread for a long time, and like most of y'all have remarked, I too believe that QM and swtiepie are great inspirations. When I realized that I was placed in the same status page change date as they were, I was giddy with hope. But now, it's the end for UCLA and me. I guess this truly shows how unpredictable the process is, eh?

For UCLA, the interview started off a little rough (in the first 5-10 min), but then we settled down & really had a good time - laughing, exchanging stories, etc. And the interview was super long - almost 2 hours!!! But what does this mean? I have no idea. Maybe the interviewer liked me, maybe not. Maybe that mattered little when I was discussed at committee - maybe the committee like me, maybe not. I guess I'll find out eventually.

Swtiepie, the interview experience you've described above was actually quite similar to mine. Although I would venture further to speculate that you did an awesome job, being such a great source of support for these two threads. I just wanna take this opportunity to thank you for walking us through these dark times. Best wishes to you next year.

I really wanted to finish putting references in my thesis today and now all this **** breaks lose...

ALRIGHT, guys, nothing was in my mailbox (husband just called with the news)...... what does this mean?!?!

Last edited:
ALRIGHT, guys, nothing was in my mailbox (husband just called with the news)...... what does this mean?!?!

that we wait until Monday.

how does a letter get to the east coast before you?

how does a letter get to the east coast before you?

It just seems to me that for a letter to get to the east coast from la on 3/24 that it would have HAVE to have been mailed BY 3/21 (even regular mail is ~3 days from coast-to-coast)...? But the status page reflects otherwise?

yidazhenzong - where are you at?

$10 says status page change had little relation to when the letter was actually sent.

do you think the date meant anything significant?

I'm in Socal. Snail mail is actually fast.

Last edited:
people who have received the letter (and haven't thrown away the envelope):

when was the postmark? does it match with the status page date?

I've been following this thread for a long time, and like most of y'all have remarked, I too believe that QM and swtiepie are great inspirations. When I realized that I was placed in the same status page change date as they were, I was giddy with hope. But now, it's the end for UCLA and me. I guess this truly shows how unpredictable the process is, eh?

Swtiepie, the interview experience you've described above was actually quite similar to mine. Although I would venture further to speculate that you did an awesome job, being such a great source of support for these two threads. I just wanna take this opportunity to thank you for walking us through these dark times. Best wishes to you next year.

yidazhenzong - thank you for your sweet words! When all is looking dark, that really brought some sunshine to my day! I, too, was thinking it was a good sign to be in the presence of others like QM, Dancer77, etc - but now I don't know what to think at all. All I know is that I am so glad to be sharing this process with so many kind spirits! Here's hoping that SOME good news is to come!!! :luck: :love: