UF c/o 2021 Applicants

Started by floridajl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No one got an alternate email? Weird

Maybe UF just didn't have a heavy SDN representation this year?

Honestly though, while I'm pretty sad about this, I think it's probably better for me in the long run to be straight up rejected (that hurts to say, yuck) than to be waitlisted, because now I don't have to take ansci or nutrition and hold on to the weensy hope that I'd get pulled off the list. Guess it's time for a change of address!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe UF just didn't have a heavy SDN representation this year?

Honestly though, while I'm pretty sad about this, I think it's probably better for me in the long run to be straight up rejected (that hurts to say, yuck) than to be waitlisted, because now I don't have to take ansci or nutrition and hold on to the weensy hope that I'd get pulled off the list. Guess it's time for a change of address!
Last year there was at least 4 people on here that were IS alternates, I don't think there is a way out of all the people on here to not have one.

And I'd rather get an alternate email at this point TBH because I'm waitlisted at every other school I applied to so I'm stuck waiting either way
 
Maybe UF just didn't have a heavy SDN representation this year?

Honestly though, while I'm pretty sad about this, I think it's probably better for me in the long run to be straight up rejected (that hurts to say, yuck) than to be waitlisted, because now I don't have to take ansci or nutrition and hold on to the weensy hope that I'd get pulled off the list. Guess it's time for a change of address!
A lot of my classmates/people I know here at UF are either perpetual SDN lurkers (hi guys) or they don't have an account. I'm one of the few who regularly posts for some reason...
 
How can anyone not look at your app and say yes please? I'm feeling a lot better about my rejection lol.
Haha thanks. I was surprised UF waitlisted me, as I thought my interview went pretty well. Maybe they just don't offer many OOS seats? Anyway I'll be joining you at Davis!
 
Haha thanks. I was surprised UF waitlisted me, as I thought my interview went pretty well. Maybe they just don't offer many OOS seats? Anyway I'll be joining you at Davis!

Often times a school will look at a very strong application and think "hey, this guy definitely got offers from a higher-ranked place he is much more likely to attend," so they save the seats offered for students that are more likely to actually attend their school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am most likely going OOS, so I hope my IS seat will go to one of you lovely SDN folks! Congratulations to everyone attending UFCVM. 😍