UF c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too! I wonder if the upper Years are the admins
I just asked my friend who is a first year! He said they will make one sometime in late March (their web chair will create it).

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted IS! So excited to be a Gata!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay that sounds amazing actually. I'd probably be fine taking it the spring semester before but I really appreciate that they give us time to figure out if we really need to take it! There are a couple of other schools that need Animal Nutrition so I'll probably do that regardless.

Is vet school okay as a procrastinator? Weird question right? haha I mean I did fine in college but I imagine it's very different with vet school! I love studying and I really enjoyed making study sheets in college but they did take me awhile and I'm sure I won't have that luxury to be a procrastinator and make those review sheets? But I'm not sure. Just thought I'd ask =)
Soooo I am currently enrolled in Animal Nutrition through OkState. I intended to complete it as part of my UF prerequisite coursework, but they rejected me. Since I have not sent in the first assignment yet, I can still get a refund for the course and get my money back. I just don't know what to do because none of my schools that accepted me or waitlisted me require Animal Nutrition, but I indicated that I PLANNED on taking it during Spring 2017 on my VMCAS application....

Guys, what do I do? :arghh:

I just would rather not pay extra money for a course that I no longer need.

Soooo I am currently enrolled in Animal Nutrition through OkState. I intended to complete it as part of my UF prerequisite coursework, but they rejected me. Since I have not sent in the first assignment yet, I can still get a refund for the course and get my money back. I just don't know what to do because none of my schools that accepted me or waitlisted me require Animal Nutrition, but I indicated that I PLANNED on taking it during Spring 2017 on my VMCAS application....

Guys, what do I do? :arghh:

I just would rather not pay extra money for a course that I no longer need.
I would call the school's admissions offices to see if dropping it will affect your accepted status. If they say it's fine to not take the class, then I would just drop it.

Reactions: 1 user
I would call the school's admissions offices to see if dropping it will affect your accepted status. If they say it's fine to not take the class, then I would just drop it.
Thanks! I already started calling the offices this morning.

Congrats to everyone accepted!! (I was accepted IS back in December.) I can't wait to meet you all in August!

This is a question for current IS students. During undergrad I never took out loans so the loan process is a bit unfamiliar to me. I'm trying to work out a budget in order to pick a place to live and other living arrangements but I'm not sure of around how much loan money is usually disbursed each year with the unsubsidized loan and/or with the grad plus loan and about how much is left after tuition for living expenses. Would anyone please let me know if they have an idea? Also do most IS students just take the unsubsidized loan or both the unsubsidized and the grad plus loan? is the loan money disbursed per semester or do they disburse the entire annual amount?

This is a question for current IS students. During undergrad I never took out loans so the loan process is a bit unfamiliar to me. I'm trying to work out a budget in order to pick a place to live and other living arrangements but I'm not sure of around how much loan money is usually disbursed each year with the unsubsidized loan and/or with the grad plus loan and about how much is left after tuition for living expenses. Would anyone please let me know if they have an idea? Also do most IS students just take the unsubsidized loan or both the unsubsidized and the grad plus loan? is the loan money disbursed per semester or do they disburse the entire annual amount?

Loans are usually around $40k for IS.. You can select how much you want to take out, however. Dont expect much more than $40k offered though. If I remember correctly, money is disbursed at the beginning of the year. The total amount is a mix of both sub and unsub loans.

Who else got in? Excited to meet future classmates!

idk if this is too soon but does anyone know if there is a facebook group for our class yet? I wanna start meeting my future classmates and see what everyone is arranging for housing etc..

Facebook groups will likely not be made until after April 17th, preventing issues that were had last year.

Last edited:
Haha thanks. I was surprised UF waitlisted me, as I thought my interview went pretty well. Maybe they just don't offer many OOS seats? Anyway I'll be joining you at Davis!

Only 22 OOS seats at UF.. 88 IS

Loans are usually around $40k for IS.. You can select how much you want to take out, however. Dont expect much more than $40k offered though. If I remember correctly, money is disbursed at the beginning of the year. The total amount is a mix of both sub and unsub loans.

Who else got in? Excited to meet future classmates!

I did :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they just made the facebook! Earlier than expected, but see you all there

Looks like they just made the facebook! Earlier than expected, but see you all there
I got an email from admissions with the link but every time I click on it, it tells me the page is not available :( could you please send me the link? Or what name should I search it under? You can find me on FB as Oriana Isabel if you want to add me :) thank you very much!!

I got an email from admissions with the link but every time I click on it, it tells me the page is not available :( could you please send me the link? Or what name should I search it under? You can find me on FB as Oriana Isabel if you want to add me :) thank you very much!!

If you have officially accepted your spot for the our class, then send me your URL.. I'll add you

Are they sending invites to the facebook page, or are we waiting for the link to work again?

Are they sending invites to the facebook page, or are we waiting for the link to work again?

They sent out a facebook link.. but if you have already accepted a position, I can add you to the group like I did with a couple other people. Msg me your fb URL and I'll help you out.

Would some of you guys mind sharing your stats? There's a good chance I will be pulled off the waitlist at other schools but I've already started working on my application just in case. Thanks! :)

Would some of you guys mind sharing your stats? There's a good chance I will be pulled off the waitlist at other schools but I've already started working on my application just in case. Thanks! :)
I can send you mine in a PM!

Hi you guys I was just pulled off the waitlist yesterday!!
I'm excited to meet everyone in the Fall

Reactions: 1 users
Do I need to wait to get an email with the link to the facebook page or can I get added. I'm trying to get a job on hopefully finding a roommate

You have to officially accept the offer (mail in the form) before you can be added to the facebook group.. You'll get an email with the link. if that link doesnt work, let me know and i'll add you.

What kind of job are you looking for? jobs.ufl.edu often has postings from the vet school.

You have to officially accept the offer (mail in the form) before you can be added to the facebook group.. You'll get an email with the link. if that link doesnt work, let me know and i'll add you.

What kind of job are you looking for? jobs.ufl.edu often has postings from the vet school.
Okay thank you and I meant to say "jump "

So I'm an OOS student so I have to take out the unsubsidized loans + grad plus loans, as the unsubsidized maximum amount all goes towards my tuition, so I need the grad plus for cost of living. I don't know what the amounts are for IS, but they will offer you enough for your full tuition + the cost of living, and it's honestly more than you need. Some of my friends take out the full amount, some live more frugally and take out slightly less than is offered. Loans are disbursed at the beginning of each semester, which is sometime in August, January, and the end of April if you are taking summer classes and take out summer loans - which you should likely expect to do the summer after second year when you're on clinics, the other summers it's up to you depending on what you're doing/if you need the money. Fyi, summer loans are also only offered if you are receiving class credit for something (that can be for online classes/research/externship credit/the school planned international trips like SIVO/HEAL etc).

Hi guys! I just finished my first year of vet school at UF so if you have any questions about the program or Gainesville feel free to ask! I also applied and interviewed at Auburn and Tufts during my cycle and can answer some questions about those schools as well. I wish you all the best of luck!!!
Hey there!
I'm starting Santa Fe College, can you tell me the track you took or what track TO take to meet requirements? I'm a mature student so I don't need SAT or ACT scores.

Accepted wait list people, were you called first? I got a message from Lynn Chappero asking me to call her back, and of course I just got the message (hooray work) so I left a message for her. I'm freaking out now, don't want to get my hopes up too much but at the same time...

Accepted wait list people, were you called first? I got a message from Lynn Chappero asking me to call her back, and of course I just got the message (hooray work) so I left a message for her. I'm freaking out now, don't want to get my hopes up too much but at the same time...
Lynette called me.

If anyone is in town, our open house is this Saturday from 10-4pm. It's a great way to explore the hospital again and meet some students! You can also stock up on some UFCVM merchandise from the clubs to rep the school while you eagerly await starting classes. ;) There are also some pre-vet talks for anyone looking to apply in the future.

Received the call this morning. I'm going to be a Gator! Can't wait to meet you all!

Hi everybody! Congratulations on your acceptances to such an incredible school! If anyone is interested in sending their application statistics to my email, I would 100% greatly appreciate it!!! UF is my dream school and I would love to have a bit more guidance on how to strengthen my application. Thank you so much!!

Hey there!
I'm starting Santa Fe College, can you tell me the track you took or what track TO take to meet requirements? I'm a mature student so I don't need SAT or ACT scores.
I don't have any experience with Santa Fe College for tracts, but I obtained my BS in Biology at UCF and that was a really easy way to satisfy the course requirements. Each schools is slightly different on what they require for courses and you can find that info on their websites. You can honestly just meet the requirements and don't have to pursue a degree (though most schools prefer that you have a bachelors degree of some sort). Also vet schools don't look at SAT or ACT scores but most require you to take the GRE and submit those scores.

I don't have any experience with Santa Fe College for tracts, but I obtained my BS in Biology at UCF and that was a really easy way to satisfy the course requirements. Each schools is slightly different on what they require for courses and you can find that info on their websites. You can honestly just meet the requirements and don't have to pursue a degree (though most schools prefer that you have a bachelors degree of some sort). Also vet schools don't look at SAT or ACT scores but most require you to take the GRE and submit those scores.
I think I know who you are buddy :)

Anyone here have any thoughts how UF weights an applicant who is an Armed Services retiree?

Hi everybody! Congratulations on your acceptances to such an incredible school! If anyone is interested in sending their application statistics to my email, I would 100% greatly appreciate it!!! UF is my dream school and I would love to have a bit more guidance on how to strengthen my application. Thank you so much!!

UF shares all application data online.. you can find the past couple of years, so no need to ask for specifics. All the info you need is here:

Admitted Class Statistics » Veterinary Education » College of Veterinary Medicine » University of Florida

Called off the waitlist today (OOS) and will be declining my offer

So it's that time when the next class is starting to apply. No 2022 page has been started, but I was wondering if any of you remember what you put for a question on the UF supplement. There's a question that says "indicate how you spent or plan to spend your time from graduation until your anticipated enrollment at UF. List these activities (employment, travel, military, etc.) in chronological order, most recent first." Does that mean from college graduation or high school graduation? Since I'm a rising senior I don't really have plans yet for next summer. Should I put some things I'd like to do?

So it's that time when the next class is starting to apply. No 2022 page has been started, but I was wondering if any of you remember what you put for a question on the UF supplement. There's a question that says "indicate how you spent or plan to spend your time from graduation until your anticipated enrollment at UF. List these activities (employment, travel, military, etc.) in chronological order, most recent first." Does that mean from college graduation or high school graduation? Since I'm a rising senior I don't really have plans yet for next summer. Should I put some things I'd like to do?
Yeah they mean college graduation. So I said continuing my job. It's just anything you plan to do after school.

Does anybody live at Tree House Village? If so, can you give me an honest opinion about the apartment complex. Thanks!