UF c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
awwww I was really hoping when I hadn't heard back from you that it meant you hadn't been rejected yet :(

You and me both. Yahoo was just trying to protect my feelings by trying to hide it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My GRE was 309 but I got an interview (IS). I wonder if I just made the cut off....:shrug:

mine was a bit higher than that but im OOS, which usually has higher averages because it's more people for less seats:(
but CONGRATS ON YOUR INTERVIEW YOURE GONNA KILL IT!!!!!
Thank You!! :) I also have a high GPA so that might have helped with the crappy score as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you just get an e-mail about it or did you find out a while ago?

I got an email on 12/20 saying I wasn't selected for an interview, but was placed on the alternate list in case a spot opens up.

I know you guys haven't even had your interviews yet, but I just wanted to update that I will be declining my acceptance to UF (I haven't yet because it's a hard reality to face), so someone should be pulled off the waitlist pretty fast. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know you guys haven't even had your interviews yet, but I just wanted to update that I will be declining my acceptance to UF (I haven't yet because it's a hard reality to face), so someone should be pulled off the waitlist pretty fast. :luck:

Hey, congrats on you decision! I know it was difficult, but I'm happy you did what was best for you.

Hey, congrats on you decision! I know it was difficult, but I'm happy you did what was best for you.

Thanks! While I'm still disappointed I won't be following my dream, I'm also really excited to see what the future holds for me.

how did everyone's interviews go this past saturday??

how did everyone's interviews go this past saturday??
Mine went really well! I had very friendly interviewers and I was not "grilled," like so many other people I have talked to in the past. Everything was very relaxed and conversational, which was a pleasant surprise.

Mine went really well! I had very friendly interviewers and I was not "grilled," like so many other people I have talked to in the past. Everything was very relaxed and conversational, which was a pleasant surprise.
That's awesome congrats! Did you have any UF faculty? from what i've heard they seem to be more tough than the 2nd non uf clinician

That's awesome congrats! Did you have any UF faculty? from what i've heard they seem to be more tough than the 2nd non uf clinician
Thanks. No, I only had 2 non UF clinicians and a current student. :)

Interviewing this weekend :) any tips from those that already had theirs?

Interviewing this weekend :) any tips from those that already had theirs?
This is just a general tip that I kept telling myself with all of my interviews. Go in with a smile and show your interviewers who you really are. Of course there are going to be some nerves, but try to be as much of your normal self as you can so your interviewers get a sense of what your personality adds to the program. I just thought it would be silly to be so anxious about an interview and waste those *precious* 30-45 minutes I have with the interviewers. Oh, I also recommend reviewing the old questions on here. For some reason my interview was much more conversational than a Q/A session (definitely not what I was expecting from everything I've heard about UF interviews), but some of the other applicants interviewing at the same time told me that they were asked recycled questions. Just be candid with things, it'll make you more relatable than giving them answers they are expecting to hear. Good luck--you're going to do great!! :happy:

This is just a general tip that I kept telling myself with all of my interviews. Go in with a smile and show your interviewers who you really are. Of course there are going to be some nerves, but try to be as much of your normal self as you can so your interviewers get a sense of what your personality adds to the program. I just thought it would be silly to be so anxious about an interview and waste those *precious* 30-45 minutes I have with the interviewers. Oh, I also recommend reviewing the old questions on here. For some reason my interview was much more conversational than a Q/A session (definitely not what I was expecting from everything I've heard about UF interviews), but some of the other applicants interviewing at the same time told me that they were asked recycled questions. Just be candid with things, it'll make you more relatable than giving them answers they are expecting to hear. Good luck--you're going to do great!! :happy:
Thank you very much! I have heard that its a tough one, so I am pretty nervous. My other interview was like a 30 minute conversation, I enjoyed it but I am not sure how much it prepared me for this one!

Thank you very much! I have heard that its a tough one, so I am pretty nervous. My other interview was like a 30 minute conversation, I enjoyed it but I am not sure how much it prepared me for this one!
That's how my other interview was too. I was not sure what to expect at Uf's, but it was just as conversational. :)

Why is it every time I try to fly, there's a giant snow storm?! I'm flying out tomorrow for the Saturday interview because I KNEW something like this was going to happen, and I wanted an extra buffer day to be sure. I just hope it doesn't get flat out canceled then I have to scramble to find a new flight that hasn't already been booked.

Why is it every time I try to fly, there's a giant snow storm?! I'm flying out tomorrow for the Saturday interview because I KNEW something like this was going to happen, and I wanted an extra buffer day to be sure. I just hope it doesn't get flat out canceled then I have to scramble to find a new flight that hasn't already been booked.
If your flight gets cancelled WHILE you're at the airport, CALL the airline, don't wait at the gate counter for them to rebook you in a line of 50 people. Calling the airline should hopefully get you quicker service than waiting in the line. Or if whatever airline you're on has an app (I know Delta does), I think you can sometimes rebook yourself through those too, which can be faster than calling especially if there's a ton of cancellations due to a storm.

I rebooked for Friday morning because of the storm. Got the last 2 tickets for my husband and myself. I knew it was going to be bad and didn't want to deal with it. At least since I gave myself a day buffer I won't miss the interview. So fed up with traveling in winter.

If your flight gets cancelled WHILE you're at the airport, CALL the airline, don't wait at the gate counter for them to rebook you in a line of 50 people. Calling the airline should hopefully get you quicker service than waiting in the line. Or if whatever airline you're on has an app (I know Delta does), I think you can sometimes rebook yourself through those too, which can be faster than calling especially if there's a ton of cancellations due to a storm.

Ski did you apply here? I'm so mad at myself for not knowing

So fed up with traveling in winter.
I'm not sure why vet schools have such a late admissions process... It's during the worst time of year for traveling too. Safe travels, though, and good luck at your interview!

I'm not sure why vet schools have such a late admissions process... It's during the worst time of year for traveling too. Safe travels, though, and good luck at your interview!

I have quite a few notorious rants about traveling during winter. Besides one, every interview I've been to I've arrived at 2am or later on the day of the interview due to travel delays and driving due to switching airports. Basically if I never have to get on another plane ever, it will be too soon.

Do you know where I can find the old UF interview questions on here? I've been looking for them, but I can't find them. Thanks

I did my interview today, it was super relaxed and fun. The people were all really nice. Shout out to @JaynaAli who stopped by with her suuuuper cute westie to help me chill out and answered all my questions! You're awesome and I love you :love:. Thanks to all the administration people and students who were all super helpful, I had a great time.

Last edited:
@Coopah when did you interview? I was there too!

The school is impressive and beautiful, and the students were so helpful!

So because of a storm up north, I'm stuck in Florida until TUESDAY. My husband and I have to take time off from work. Thankfully we're not in a hotel but staying with my parents so we don't have to pay for that but holy cow this snow is a pain in the butt!

I was in the 2pm group. You?
So because of a storm up north, I'm stuck in Florida until TUESDAY. My husband and I have to take time off from work. Thankfully we're not in a hotel but staying with my parents so we don't have to pay for that but holy cow this snow is a pain in the butt!

I was at 4pm! Hope your interview went well! Im so sorry you're stuck in Florida! At least you get to spend some time with your parents... in amazing weather!

I was at 4pm! Hope your interview went well! Im so sorry you're stuck in Florida! At least you get to spend some time with your parents... in amazing weather!

Yeah the weathers nice, well it's a little hot for me tbh but it's only winter. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with outside of new England weather from now on...

Yeah the weathers nice, well it's a little hot for me tbh but it's only winter. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with outside of new England weather from now on...
Welcome to the south, we don't do cold. I'm from Georgia so while we don't quite get as hot we definitely don't know what 'cold' is. At least there's never any snow to shovel, and if there ever is any snow the entire town shuts down.

Was anyone else's interview not conversational? Mine wasn't bad but my interviewers pretty much stuck to the script of questions. It's making me nervous lol

Was anyone else's interview not conversational? Mine wasn't bad but my interviewers pretty much stuck to the script of questions. It's making me nervous lol

I would assume that the way the interview was "structured" probably had to do with the interviewers that you had and their comfort level or interview experience! Save your nerves for the admissions decision LOL

Anyone that interviewed this weekend did they say when they may have decisions?

So the tour was super short and I didn't get to see much, but for any current students how do you like the facilities? Are they cramped at all? Do you like them, do they have all sorts of nifty equipment? Thanks for your input!