-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UF c/o 2022 Applicants
Started by futurerescueDVM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How about today?It feels so good to know I’m not the only one feeling anxious! aka the chronic email checking haha it would be great if we knew by the end of this week!
It’s a possibly but probably not! We’ll just have to keep waiting I think!How about today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed the CVM advisor for an update!
I'll keep y'all posted on her response.
I'll keep y'all posted on her response.
Here is Alex's response:
"You should be hearing back in February, if all goes according to plan!!!"
"You should be hearing back in February, if all goes according to plan!!!"
Well its February 6th! wish we had a concrete dateHere is Alex's response:
"You should be hearing back in February, if all goes according to plan!!!"
Here is Alex's response:
"You should be hearing back in February, if all goes according to plan!!!"
I laughed out loud at this lol thanks Alex
Accepted IS!
check your emails!! I got in IS
Nothing yet 🙁
I wonder if they all go out once, haven’t heard either.Nothing yet 🙁
ACCEPTED IS
I hope not. I'm very emotional right nowI wonder if they all go out once, haven’t heard either.

Rejected IS 🙁
waitlisted IS. does anyone know how fast the waitlist moves?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate OOS
Accepted OOS!!
Depends. Some years only 2 or 3 get in, others up to 9. Depends on your spot in the wait list.waitlisted IS. does anyone know how fast the waitlist moves?
Give it time. Mine came in about an hour and a half ago.Why don’t I have an email??
No news might be good news?
Accepted IS!
I got accepted IS but an OOS school is my #1. Still waiting on bews from them so you may get my spot hopefully!!waitlisted IS. does anyone know how fast the waitlist moves?
Also for anyone feeling down if you got rejected this year, I was straight up rejected at UF last year with no interview even. I asked for a folder review, updated my application, and got accepted this year! Don’t give up if this is your dream.
Accepted IS! So relieved. I agree with futurerescueDVM, don’t let yourself down if you didn’t get accepted this year. Last year I applied to UF, had an interview and then was rejected. Do the file review, strengthen any weaknesses and try again next year! It was hard to deal with the rejection last year, but I have learned so much in the last year working full time at an exotics hospital and I feel even more prepared to begin vet school now, so it turned out to be a good thing. Good luck and congrats to everyone else for this years application cycle!
Yay I’m glad I’m not the only one that is on their second go round. Excited to be classmates!Accepted IS! So relieved. I agree with futurerescueDVM, don’t let yourself down if you didn’t get accepted this year. Last year I applied to UF, had an interview and then was rejected. Do the file review, strengthen any weaknesses and try again next year! It was hard to deal with the rejection last year, but I have learned so much in the last year working full time at an exotics hospital and I feel even more prepared to begin vet school now, so it turned out to be a good thing. Good luck and congrats to everyone else for this years application cycle!
I got accepted IS but an OOS school is my #1. Still waiting on bews from them so you may get my spot hopefully!!
Ahhh this gave me a small glimpse of hope!!
I got in on my third try - interview, no interview, and then accepted. Perseverance and hard work towards making my application better got me in finally.Yay I’m glad I’m not the only one that is on their second go round. Excited to be classmates!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Btw, think about attending the open house!
Btw, think about attending the open house!
Already checked going on FB!!! So excited 🙂
I was accepted yesterday IS and Im so excited!! So since Im s stress ball and like to over-prepare, does anyone know if they do a FB group or they have one I can join where graduating vet students post communities or houses where they're renting or have rented? I want to be ready to move by summer
I was accepted yesterday IS and Im so excited!! So since Im s stress ball and like to over-prepare, does anyone know if they do a FB group or they have one I can join where graduating vet students post communities or houses where they're renting or have rented? I want to be ready to move by summer
Usually the current first year class will make a fb for the newly accepted students, and people looking for roommates/graduating seniors will post housing there. I expect that will be made soon, I'll let you guys know if I see it!
And congrats to all the new gators!!! If you got waitlisted, keep up hope, because it isn't over till it's over (I was waitlisted and came off in June). If you were rejected, 100% make sure you do a file review and specifically improve what was lacking if you plan on reapplying. I can guarantee you'll be asked about it next year. And don't be too down on yourself - from what I saw, there were a ton of stellar applicants this year!! So be proud of yourself for making it as far as you did, next year will hopefully be your year!!
That facebook group wont be up for a little bit until a preliminary roster is finalized (people accepted the offer). My page was made late March.
There you will find and all info you want regarding Gainesville and everybody will help you guys find good places to live. Welcome to the Gator Nation
There you will find and all info you want regarding Gainesville and everybody will help you guys find good places to live. Welcome to the Gator Nation
I was accepted yesterday IS and Im so excited!! So since Im s stress ball and like to over-prepare, does anyone know if they do a FB group or they have one I can join where graduating vet students post communities or houses where they're renting or have rented? I want to be ready to move by summer
Just emailed Lynnette my intent to accept my position! Go gators! (Being a life long UM hurricane fan never thought I’d say that).
Ayeee, fellow Canes fan here too[]_[]Just emailed Lynnette my intent to accept my position! Go gators! (Being a life long UM hurricane fan never thought I’d say that).
Just accepted my seat in the class of 2022! Can't wait to meet my classmates and be a double Gator!
I accepted my seat too! I can't wait for Fall! GO GATORS GO UFCVM'22!!Just accepted my seat in the class of 2022! Can't wait to meet my classmates and be a double Gator!
Ahh so exciting!! There’s no deposit for IS right?
Hi! I'm sorry I'm super late , (a friend just told me about your post) but I also had a horrible experience in my interview. May I PM you as well?Would you mind sending me a PM with your interviewers? Im a first year and I give feedback about the interviews to Lynnette. My first time interviewing went much worse than that and she made sure that the next round of interviews had a better panel. Im sorry you felt discouraged, just remember that the interview is not the only part if you application. If the rest of your packet is competitive, you should remain positive and hope for good news.
Sure thing, I’ll forward your message. Include the date, time, and if you still have your packet please include te interview panel.Hi! I'm sorry I'm super late , (a friend just told me about your post) but I also had a horrible experience in my interview. May I PM you as well?
Dont remember one for me.Ahh so exciting!! There’s no deposit for IS right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too!Alternate OOS.. does anyone have any idea how many alternates they have or what my chances are to still get in?
The past 4 year statistics show between 25-50 alternates receive offers!
I am still optimistic.
Changes year to year and depends on how many accept their seat.. the past three years have been anywhere from 3 to over 10 people taken from the alternate list.Alternate OOS.. does anyone have any idea how many alternates they have or what my chances are to still get in?
Are you sure that's not IS? Admission stats from last year show they made 65 offers to OOS students for 26 spots, which would mean they accepted over 50 students outright based on your numbers.Changes year to year and depends on how many accept their seat.. the past three years have been anywhere from 3 to over 10 people taken from the alternate list.
Are you sure that's not IS? Admission stats from last year show they made 65 offers to OOS students for 26 spots, which would mean they accepted over 50 students outright based on your numbers.
The # of alternates are not reflected directly on those stats. Alternates mean that if the total of those that accepted their spot in the class from those that were offered a spot do not meet the total number needed for a full class (112 for last year), alternates will be called.
I dont understand where you got the 50 from. From what I said, I mean that there was a 3-10 student or so deficit for a full class, therefore the alternates were called.
I think the confusion is whether UF offers acceptances only for the number of OOS spots (26 for last year) or if they offer more than the number of spots. So like if they offered only the number of spots, many alternates would have been called because they ended up offering admission to 65 people for the spots, whereas if they offer more seats knowing people will reject (outright accept 50 students expecting half to say no) then they would only call 15 off the waitlist to fill those remaining spots. I hope this made sense lol also I don’t know anything this is just my assumptionThe # of alternates are not reflected directly on those stats. Alternates mean that if the total of those that accepted their spot in the class from those that were offered a spot do not meet the total number needed for a full class (112 for last year), alternates will be called.
I dont understand where you got the 50 from. From what I said, I mean that there was a 3-10 student or so deficit for a full class, therefore the alternates were called.