UF c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I have question. My interview is at 8 AM on Saturday but it says there is a q&a at 6:15 PM. Do I need to wear my suit for that as wel?

No! The Q&A will be run by us first years, please wear something comfortable, business should be fine. Same applies to the tour - bring comfortable shoes!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I have question. My interview is at 8 AM on Saturday but it says there is a q&a at 6:15 PM. Do I need to wear my suit for that as wel?
Nope! It’s just students on the panel, no one important from admissions. They told us to dress down for it, very casual. Additionally, I think a large portion of people who attended were from the 4pm interview group and therefore they ended at 6pm and went straight there, so there will be people in suits but everyone I knew from earlier groups had changed!

Good luck everyone interviewing tomorrow! I'll be there for my 10 AM interview

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview yesterday was great! Not too stressful. I was the first one in my group to finish though so I hope that doesn’t mean anything:unsure: everyone was super nice.

Just a general question, did yall's interviewers compliment your responses and say you did a good job at the end. I'm not sure if this is something they tell everyone, or it was specific to me?

Just a general question, did yall's interviewers compliment your responses and say you did a good job at the end. I'm not sure if this is something they tell everyone, or it was specific to me?

Nope they told me too. I think trying to make us less stressed.

The assistant dean was in my interviewer panel and at the end of my interview he gave me a nice goodbye saying they don’t have room for everyone they interview and that I should be proud that I made it this far. Probably the worst closing of an interview I could have ever received and very disheartening. I think you should be encouraged by what they said to you!

The assistant dean was in my interviewer panel and at the end of my interview he gave me a nice goodbye saying they don’t have room for everyone they interview and that I should be proud that I made it this far. Probably the worst closing of an interview I could have ever received and very disheartening. I think you should be encouraged by what they said to you!
Oh my, I'm so sorry! I know it sounds disheartening but it could have come out in a way he didn't intend. From what I understand, we are scored initially based on our application, ranked, and interview invites are sent out. Then after the interviews they input those scores and rerank, so there really is no way to know where you were initially on the list and where you will be after they average in the interview score. I know that's super vague, but my point is that he probably doesn't know your exact position either and they wouldn't outright deny you in a interview. I know it came out harsh, but don't give up hope! There is one more weekend of interviews and then decisions go out, and anything could happen. I think he was probably saying it in a "you made it this far, that is an accomplishment!" kind of way rather than "this is as far as you'll go". But I'm sorry you feel so discouraged right now, that really sucks :( But try your best to not think about it and keep your head up!!

Oh my, I'm so sorry! I know it sounds disheartening but it could have come out in a way he didn't intend. From what I understand, we are scored initially based on our application, ranked, and interview invites are sent out. Then after the interviews they input those scores and rerank, so there really is no way to know where you were initially on the list and where you will be after they average in the interview score. I know that's super vague, but my point is that he probably doesn't know your exact position either and they wouldn't outright deny you in a interview. I know it came out harsh, but don't give up hope! There is one more weekend of interviews and then decisions go out, and anything could happen. I think he was probably saying it in a "you made it this far, that is an accomplishment!" kind of way rather than "this is as far as you'll go". But I'm sorry you feel so discouraged right now, that really sucks :( But try your best to not think about it and keep your head up!!
Thank you I appreciate that! I’m sure you’re right, it was just hard to hear

Would you mind sending me a PM with your interviewers? Im a first year and I give feedback about the interviews to Lynnette. My first time interviewing went much worse than that and she made sure that the next round of interviews had a better panel. Im sorry you felt discouraged, just remember that the interview is not the only part if you application. If the rest of your packet is competitive, you should remain positive and hope for good news.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Does someone know the license exam passing rate of vet students for UF?

Hey everyone! Does someone know the license exam passing rate of vet students for UF?

Yeah it’s usually >95% on the first try, and pretty much everyone passes by the second try. I’ve only heard of like one or two students in the last few years that hadn’t passed by graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)
288 applicants were interviewed, I believe they mentioned, and 120 will be selected, I think we should be optimistic! I had a great time in my interview and I'm hoping for the best.

Unfortunately and realistically it does come down to that average scoring that was pervious mentioned.
Best wishes and happy waiting! (Round 2)

Reactions: 2 users
288 applicants were interviewed, I believe they mentioned, and 120 will be selected, I think we should be optimistic! I had a great time in my interview and I'm hoping for the best.

Unfortunately and realistically it does come down to that average scoring that was pervious mentioned.
Best wishes and happy waiting! (Round 2)

To add to that, theyve added 8 seats (6 IS, 2 OS), which ultimately means that they are wanting a class of:

94 IS and 34 OOS

Hearing that must have sucked, however he was being realistic and probably didnt mean it in a disheartening way. I wish you the best of luck and just be confident in yourself. Like he said, you made it this far, and that itself is a huge accomplishment that you should be proud of.

Who else is interviewing this weekend?
I'm starting to get anxious an nauseous. It is my first one. Lol.

Dont be nervous! Talk to the my classmates (first years) when you come in and breathe slowly to calm yourself down. I'll be giving tours in the morning so if you have an AM interview, I'll see ya there!

I am wondering if OOS applicants that received an interview could post their GPA/GRE stats as calculated by UF?

Per VMCAS my overall GPA is 3.72, science is 3.5. Gre 151(51%)/154 (54%)/ 4.0 (59%) v/q/w
I am wondering if OOS applicants that received an interview could post their GPA/GRE stats as calculated by UF?

How do we know how UF calculated them?
I'm not sure that UF calculates GPA separately vs. what VMCAS has calculated. I don't know for certain, but I would assume they use what VMCAS publishes in our application.

Dont be nervous! Talk to the my classmates (first years) when you come in and breathe slowly to calm yourself down. I'll be giving tours in the morning so if you have an AM interview, I'll see ya there!
I had a PM interview but you were right, everyone was very nice! The first year who was greeting was cute haha:shy:

Anyone know when offers will be sent out? My interview was yesterday and I'm already so anxious!

According to VMCAS my overall GPA is 3.88, science GPA is 3.9, don’t remember getting my last 45 GPA.
GRE: 152 (47%), 155 (69%), 4 (60%) q/v/w

Now that interviews are over the TRUE wait begins!!! So anxious to get a response! Interviews seemed to have gone pretty well for everyone I wonder how they are scored as well. Has anyone heard from any other schools they applied to?

Does anyone else have hella anxiety now that interviews are finished?? Last year the decisions were released 11 days after the last interview date, and the year before it was 5 days after the last date. I know that they said end of february but that seems like a long time to wait considering the list is probably close to being finalized right? Also I heard from someone that knows things that the decisions would be out by valentines day at the latest...

Does anyone else have hella anxiety now that interviews are finished?? Last year the decisions were released 11 days after the last interview date, and the year before it was 5 days after the last date. I know that they said end of february but that seems like a long time to wait considering the list is probably close to being finalized right? Also I heard from someone that knows things that the decisions would be out by valentines day at the latest...
lol! Yeah! I tried switching up the thread but the nerves are killing me either way!

A friend of mine said a few years back they had released decision on Valentine's Day! yikes

lol! Yeah! I tried switching up the thread but the nerves are killing me either way!

A friend of mine said a few years back they had released decision on Valentine's Day! yikes
I am over by the vet school for a class I TA at least twice a week and it is driving my bonkers lol but I really hope it's at least a few days before Valentine's day so I am not a psycho all day when my SO just wants to have a nice date

I am over by the vet school for a class I TA at least twice a week and it is driving my bonkers lol but I really hope it's at least a few days before Valentine's day so I am not a psycho all day when my SO just wants to have a nice date
I totally understand! You'd think physics 2 would keep me occupied but I think about the decision all the time! lloll

I totally understand! You'd think physics 2 would keep me occupied but I think about the decision all the time! lloll
lmao I think I've read through the Uf 2021 page at least 10 times this week. Oh well, let's hope this insanity is over with soon lol

I hope w here before the end of February especially since interview will have been done with for a month by then.

I hope w here before the end of February especially since interview will have been done with for a month by then.
I agree! I’m thinking we’ll get a response the week of the 19th or the 26th! That’s around the time the past two years heard back it seems like.

Didn't they continue interviews later last year? I wouldn't discount hearing something earlier.

Compulsively checking my email since I realized we interviewed earlier than previous years... anyone on the same boat?!

Reactions: 3 users
Compulsively checking my email since I realized we interviewed earlier than previous years... anyone on the same boat?!
same! especially since last year they had decisions out 11 days after the last interview. Im pretty sure the last interview date was the 27th, so 11 days from that would be this wednesday. It could be any time or it could be a few weeks from now...the waiting game is pure torture. Im driving myself crazy refreshing my email every 5 minutes.

I'm so paranoid the decision will come while I am in class and I won't be able to check it, and honestly I am so ready for this to be over so that I can stop being totally insane and picking apart every detail of anything related to UF lol