-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS ACCEPTANCE 3:14PM
morganjanai
Full Member
IS ACCEPTANCE!!!! 3:13
heathers0101
Full Member
Is there anyone who hasn't heard yet, OOS? Is that a bad sign....
Is there anyone who hasn't heard yet, OOS? Is that a bad sign....
I haven’t either
DVMeventually...
Full Member
I'm in state and still waiting... may be a bad signIs there anyone who hasn't heard yet, OOS? Is that a bad sign....
Just got an email stating I am on the OOS alternate list!
OOS, haven't heard anything yet.Is there anyone who hasn't heard yet, OOS? Is that a bad sign....
cattievet29
Full Member
OOS alternate list!
What does yalls last name start with those of you with IS acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My last name starts with an NWhat does yalls last name start with those of you with IS acceptances?
Congrats to everyone so far! I'm starting to lose hope... I'm OOS
Congrats to everyone so far! I'm starting to lose hope... I'm OOS
Same...
DVMeventually...
Full Member
Congrats to everyone so far! I'm starting to lose hope... I'm OOS
IS still waiting to hear and trying really hard to keep the hope up!
OOS alternate
bulkace
Full Member
Same!IS still waiting to hear and trying really hard to keep the hope up!
DVMeventually...
Full Member
rejections are coming out now. IS rejected. Congrats to everyone who made it! To everyone else who got rejected, see yall on here next year!
OOS denied. Congrats to those of you accepted!! Best of luck !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
asrdvm2023
Full Member
OOS denied also! I got into my IS school so not overly upset. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!
In state acceptance!!!
Do you have access to the FB page?Through some sleuthing, I found that Parker and Veronica made a Facebook page for ‘23 last Thursday, so they have to be close right?
OOS rejection 🙁 it’s okay though. I’m still going to be a vet student next year!
morganjanai
Full Member
My last name starts with a BWhat does yalls last name start with those of you with IS acceptances?
aucvm2023hopeful
Full Member
OOS rejected! Congratulations to everyone who made it in!!!
OOS rejected. Congrats everyone! Looks I'll be here for the next round
What’s your other choice?IS rejected. Congrats to everyone!
I got into my other top choice, so I'm still pretty happy!
bulkace
Full Member
Tuskegee University!What’s your other choice?
cattievet29
Full Member
I'm assuming the waitlist is pretty small for OOS considering there's only like 15 seats anyway? Can you be accepted from it before April 15th? (I know we can't know our rank on it before then)
Congrats to everyone who got in! We're so excited to have y'all at the school soon! Bottle up the excitement you have right now, because it's about to be a crazy (but amazing) ride 🙂😉
You all should be able to join your class FB group soon (if you haven't already), where you will be able to interact with lots of current students, but please always feel free to continue asking questions on here as well!
You all should be able to join your class FB group soon (if you haven't already), where you will be able to interact with lots of current students, but please always feel free to continue asking questions on here as well!
JamminKitty
New Member
Tuskegee University!
OOS denied 👎 But I got into my top choice, which was Tuskegee, so I am beyond grateful for this year's application process. Hope to meet you in August

Congrats to everyone who got in! We're so excited to have y'all at the school soon! Bottle up the excitement you have right now, because it's about to be a crazy (but amazing) ride 🙂😉
You all should be able to join your class FB group soon (if you haven't already), where you will be able to interact with lots of current students, but please always feel free to continue asking questions on here as well!
Hello! I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering.
1. What usually happens during orientation? I’ve heard at other schools that they do some sort of retreat. Is it similar?
2. What is the best way to find housing with other veterinary students?
3. Are there a lot of clinical skills before rotations?
4. Is there some sort of checklist for supplies that are recommended?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering.
1. What usually happens during orientation? I’ve heard at other schools that they do some sort of retreat. Is it similar?
2. What is the best way to find housing with other veterinary students?
3. Are there a lot of clinical skills before rotations?
4. Is there some sort of checklist for supplies that are recommended?
Hi there, I am a current 2nd year and an ambassador, I should see many of you at Accepted Student's Day and then at orientation!
- I believe they are still working out details for orientation which changes a little each year in response to student and other feedback (always making things better!). You will spend time getting to know your classmates, learning about the school/early first year things, and settling into the CVM. It's always guaranteed to be fun! They usually send out dates on the acceptance letter and then details over the summer.
- Many people in my class used the facebook group to find housing. Parker and Veronica (amazing people you will get to know) are adding people to it now. Last year, ambassadors were often contacted with housing options to post in the incoming first year group as well as incoming first years posting looking for roommates for housing they found themselves.
- There are a lot of opportunities for clinical skills before rotations. Within the curriculum there are a few opportunities including a class called Physical Diagnosis which is first semester, first year where you learn basic exam skills (it's nice to put your hands on live animals during a year of anatomy!). As a second year, we are in junior surgery and are doing live surgeries (I have one today!). Outside of the curriculum, many students participate in treatment crews (paid or unpaid positions on small animal, large animal, wildlife, and surgical crews at the teaching hospital), a lot of the clubs offer clinical skills opportunities like wetlabs and training opportunities, and many people also shadow at the teaching hospital. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but just to give you an idea of some of the opportunities.
- I know it's sooo hard (I have been there) but I would wait to purchase things. They will give you a list in each class and some information at orientation. I (and others) purchased a lot of stuff we didn't need out of excitement. Also, a lot of 4th years and others will be selling items that you can take advantage of.
Congratulations and hope to see you all soon!
IS denied. Trying really hard to stay positive...I was told by Parker last year that "he doesn't see why I wouldn't get in" and suggested I move to Georgia. I packed everything and left everyone I knew in Pennsylvania for this school and still didn't get in. If anyone has advice or suggestions, I would truly appreciate it! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!
Hello! I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering.
1. What usually happens during orientation? I’ve heard at other schools that they do some sort of retreat. Is it similar?
2. What is the best way to find housing with other veterinary students?
3. Are there a lot of clinical skills before rotations?
4. Is there some sort of checklist for supplies that are recommended?
Just to add on to the previous answer as far as supplies, they will be giving you specific requirements for laptops, so don't buy a laptop until they give you that info! Things you will need for sure, and can go ahead and buy if you'd like: a stethoscope (95% of us have some type of Littmann), gloves (for anatomy lab), and several sets of scrubs (for anatomy lab, so you probably don't want to buy the super nice expensive ones at this point). That's really all the supplies you need to get you through first year!
wannabeadogtor
Full Member
Does anyone know how much the in state alternate list moves?
bulkace
Full Member
OOS denied 👎 But I got into my top choice, which was Tuskegee, so I am beyond grateful for this year's application process. Hope to meet you in August![]()
Yes absolutely!! See you in August!!