UNE's NEW Medical Biochemistry Course (Online)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I completed this course about a month ago with a B+ while managing a full-time job, two part-time jobs, a couple of other classes, and went flying to visit family several times. I had to use an extension, but it was worth it (otherwise I would've failed. I was about 4 weeks behind my completion date haha). They offer you the extension when you are nearing your 16 week limit. If you need it, TAKE IT!

What the recent posts have said. Yes the course does require dedication, but it is certainly doable. There are still 16 quizzes (20%), 2 non-proctored tests (10% each), and 2 proctored tests (30% each). I will say that while the book is pretty handy, I think that almost all of the answers to the questions can be found through her lecture videos. The objectives are pretty overboard and I normally ignored them. If you are in a jam, you can always seek guidance on quizlet or studyblue (and I heavily advise that you do that).

In terms of difficulty, I would have to say Unit 1 is the most difficult due to it containing the most amount of material. The next difficult unit would be 2 due to it being your first proctored test, followed by Unit 4, and finally Unit 3. Once you get pass Unit 1, the class does become more manageable.

Here's how I tackled the class every week:
-Watch the videos slowly and jot down notes as you go by. I'm not talking about a little tid bit here and there; I'm talking about writing down every important detail she says in her video (ie stuff that she repeats over and over).
-Go do the practice quizzes. If you can answer them all off the top of your head without looking at your notes, go on ahead and take the quiz. If not, read over your notes.
*When I first started the class, I diligently answered all of the objectives every week. I felt that I was wasting my time after finding out that, again, 95% of the answers can be found in her videos. If you're the person that likes to answer them, well...the growth of the human mind is the greatest journey of this world.

How I prepared for the tests:
-Read over your detailed notes slowly. The first time takes the longest time.
-Print out study guide for unit and look over it.
-Read over the notes a 2nd time, only except try to explain the pathways. Draw some diagrams (or purchase a whiteboard; I brought mine back from college and it's been a life saver) and go along with the guide in order to cover the most important details.
-Read over the notes a 3rd time, but this time with the videos and with the guide in hand. If you can predict what she's about to say in her videos, I'd say you're good. By now, the material should become second nature and you will have some confidence.
-Go through the practice tests. Try to get 20/20 at least 5 times in a row without looking at your notes. Only look at them (or on the internet) if you don't understand the question.
-Go over the old quizzes and understand them. I believe she take a lot of questions (or material surrounding them) from the practice tests and old quizzes, so be able to explain them backwards and forwards.
-If you want to, look over the notes a 4th time.
-pass the tests with flying colors
-It's slow, but it took me about 4 days to get a ready for the mid term and final

Best of luck to future biochem class takers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
so at the risk of being annoying I have asked a gazillion times about their pathophysiology or medical physiology course. has anyone taken it???

Hey Guys,

I just completed the Medical Biochem course and wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I walked out with an "A," and finished a month early. I was blessed with the opportunity to dedicate a good chunk of time to it during downtime at work, which helped a lot.

I'll start by saying I really enjoyed the course, and believe it was run very well. That being said, it is NOT a breeze. They expect a lot from you, and they know how to test the material. The "medical" part of "medical biochemistry" is important. I had friends who took traditional biochem and hated it. I can't highlight the specific differences, but I liked the fact that this class emphasized medical applications of the material.

Here's my method and some key points:

1) I'll second what's already been said: FOCUS YOUR STUDYING AROUND THE OBJECTIVES. This is the information you are expected to know, and where 95% of the quiz/test questions come from. Print them out and look at them while you take notes on lecture. Number each one to stay organized, and when you come to a spot in the lecture that covers a specific objective, put the objective's number in bold next to your notes. At the end of each session, go back and REWRITE each objective question and answer on one master sheet. (This is where the numbering comes in handy. It's much easier to find the key points when scanning over your lecture notes.) This allowed me to only watch each lecture once, and my objective lists became my master study sheets.

2) If you put the work into making your objective master sheets, studying for exams is as simple as going through these sheets and re-writing the objectives you still have trouble with. If needbe, go back to your original lecture notes or the lecture videos.

3) Make spreadsheets that contain all the quiz/practice questions (just copy and paste them), and use those to study as well. Also, utilize the question banks given. I did NOT find the book's online question bank helpful, and they generally did not revolve around the objectives anyway, but that's just me.

4) Contact your teacher. I had Dr. Spicer, and he was IMMENSELY helpful. Don't be afraid to reach out via the portal, and touch base early. Ask for tips and advice for how to be successful in the course.

5) KNOW YOUR TIME FRAME: The course is SELF-PACED, and you'll be hurting if you procrastinate. Use the extension if you need to, but don't use that as a scapegoat. I found the provided estimate of 8hrs/week pretty accurate. Some units took me longer, others were shorter. Unit 1 is definitely a grind, but push through it and establish your method. The following units get better. I could generally get through an entire week's worth of material in one work day if I stayed focused. I typically put about 8 hours of studying in before each exam as well, and focused solely on my objective master sheets and online question banks.

There are other subtleties I could recommend, but we all learn differently, so experiment if you need to. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and again, I highly recommend the course.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so at the risk of being annoying I have asked a gazillion times about their pathophysiology or medical physiology course. has anyone taken it???
I have taken both. Just completed pathophysiology last week. Received an A- and didn't put a crazy amount of effort but enough. I am a flight paramedic and critical care paramedic so a lot of the information (cardiology, respiratory, acid-base disturbances, diabetes, etc) I had a very good background and concept with. The units have an untimed practice quiz (10 questions) and a timed (15 minutes) 10-question chapter quiz. You need to know the info because the time will run-out if you look up every question. Read the chapter pages that are noted, do the activities with each chapter, and listen to the lectures and you should do fine on the quizzes ( I got mostly 90 or 100 on quizzes with 2 80s). There is a mid-term and a final. These are 50 question exams with 80 minutes to complete. I used about 75 minutes of each exam with a few minutes to go back to questions I was unsure about. It is open book/open note as long as they are hand written (no printed notes). I got an 86 on midterm and a 98 on final.

I dont recall too much on physiology. I got an A- as well and it was similar to patho. Lectures with a PPT background, quizzes, and exams. I really don't recall how the labs were calculated.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, nice positive honest reviews on the course. Signing up NOW!

Anyone have experience with the genetics class?

Has anyone used this class to replace their old Biochemistry grade and been verified by AACOMAS?

I'm afriad of the worst case that after completing this tough class, it being called "Medical Biochemistry" and from the Chemistry department (titled Chem 1005) will prevent it from replacing my old class titled "Biochemistry" offered through the biology department. (titled Biol 100). The "Medical" in the title worries me about it not being replaced.

I have looked at both sylabbi and both cover the same material, albeit I took my original course on the quarter system.

I have been told I could petition AACOMAS if they don't replace it but I want to avoid a potential headache if possible.

Just fyi, I'm currently taking this class. Do not be scared to take this class!! It's not that scary. It's very doable. I work full time and I started this class in the summer. I'm on pace to finish it in 8-10 weeks. Some chapters are really short and it won't even take you 1 week to learn them. Unit 1 has lots of info but the rest of the class is very doable even with other commitments. I finished unit 2 (4 weeks worth of learning material) in 3 days. That means I have 3 more weeks to study for the Unit 2 exam (proctored) if I wanted to. And I didn't skim through the chapters by the way. I read them and aced the quizzes.

Here's what I'm currently doing..

- Watch Dr. Najeeb's videos on biochemistry. He has a promo right now.. 49.99 for lifetime access. This is a steal. Buy it. His videos are very long but you will understand the concepts better. Once you start reading the book, you'll feel like you're just reviewing the info.
- UNE's lectures are useless. Don't watch it. Reading the book is a must in my opinion.
- If you can't understand a concept, go to youtube and watch videos! I recommend moof university and AKlectures
- For studying, make your own study guide. Cut and paste the objectives for each week and put them on microsoft word. Answer each objective and make sure you really understand the concept.

That's all for now. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Guys, I just got an email from one of my top priority schools that I have to retake this course.... I got a C in Biochem (It's literally my only C... this is so annoying) and I have to get a B-??????????????

Anyways I have to sign up for a fall semester 2015 Biochem class and make a B- in order to be considered by them.

Unfortunately in my current situation, I have to take the class online. Can anyone help me out or advise me on what I should do? Which online class can or should I take? Is it too late to sign up?

Hey Gandy741, that sucks, but definitely do it! It'll be worth it in the end. I bet most of us would recommend the une course, but be sure to confirm your school will accept it first. Good luck!

Hey Gandy741, that sucks, but definitely do it! It'll be worth it in the end. I bet most of us would recommend the une course, but be sure to confirm your school will accept it first. Good luck!

Can I sign up for it now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the rest of the advice on this thread as the course is definitely doable in your situation. I'm a nontrad as well and did it while working and doing secondaries, so you'll be fine as long as you put in the work. Feel free to PM myself or others if you need anything.

Check out the rest of the advice on this thread as the course is definitely doable in your situation. I'm a nontrad as well and did it while working and doing secondaries, so you'll be fine as long as you put in the work. Feel free to PM myself or others if you need anything.

Ok, I have thought about it and I am seriously considering taking this course. It would be good for preparing me for medical school as well according to @Mad Jack and I need it for one of my Instate MD schools. As a borderline MD applicant, I cant lose one of my instate MD schools as an option.

What do you guys think? Can I do it while doing secondaries, going to Interviews, and being in a part time job?

Guys, I just got an email from one of my top priority schools that I have to retake this course.... I got a C in Biochem (It's literally my only C... this is so annoying) and I have to get a B-??????????????

Anyways I have to sign up for a fall semester 2015 Biochem class and make a B- in order to be considered by them.

Unfortunately in my current situation, I have to take the class online. Can anyone help me out or advise me on what I should do? Which online class can or should I take? Is it too late to sign up?

would you mind sharing which school? I thought most if not all schools just required a C for pre-reqs
also, make sure the school will accept this class if you take it because some schools don't accept online pre-reqs

would you mind sharing which school? I thought most if not all schools just required a C for pre-reqs
also, make sure the school will accept this class if you take it because some schools don't accept online pre-reqs

UMKC. They do accept it.

Any advice on the best professor for the UNE Medical Biochemistry course? Options are:
LeClair, Renee
Spicer, Douglas,
Thompson, Kathryn

Also, would taking this course along with online immunology be overkill or doable? Will be able to dedicate 18ish hours a week. Thanks!

Any advice on the best professor for the UNE Medical Biochemistry course? Options are:
LeClair, Renee
Spicer, Douglas,
Thompson, Kathryn

They let you pick? I have Kathryn Thompson right now. She is pretty helpful. Honestly they are all going to be the same. The lectures are all recorded by Renee Leclair either way and all of them focus on the same objectives and have the same study guides no matter who you have.

They let you pick? I have Kathryn Thompson right now. She is pretty helpful. Honestly they are all going to be the same. The lectures are all recorded by Renee Leclair either way and all of them focus on the same objectives and have the same study guides no matter who you have.

Yeah, when I try and register there are 3 sections for the course each with one of those professors. That's what I figured, thanks!

Is it necessary to get the book in your opinion?

Yeah, when I try and register there are 3 sections for the course each with one of those professors. That's what I figured, thanks!

Is it necessary to get the book in your opinion?

Yea I'm in week 4 right now. You absolutely cannot survive without the book. You need the book. Mostly to help you understand the super detailed topics. This is Medical Biochemistry, and let me tell you, this is way harder than any of my undergrad classes I've ever taken.

I have to actually study every day :laugh:

Still, it seems manageable regardless. But then I havent had my first Major test yet either so take what I say with a grain of salt.

@Gandy741 I am planning on taking the course starting in November, good luck!

@Gandy741 I am planning on taking the course starting in November, good luck!

Oh nice. Do you have to take it for a pre-req as well?

Be aware though, this course is unlike anything any of your undergrad courses were like. But then you also made 40+ on your MCAT so you should be fine.

Oh nice. Do you have to take it for a pre-req as well?

Be aware though, this course is unlike anything any of your undergrad courses were like. But then you also made 40+ on your MCAT so you should be fine.

Haha - well I just completed a post-bac at a very challenging research university, so maybe the transition won't be as sharp. You do bring up that MCAT very time we post though. ;)

I have heard it is difficult, but four of the schools I interviewed at require it, and all of them will accept it.

Haha - well I just completed a post-bac at a very challenging research university, so maybe the transition won't be as sharp. You do bring up that MCAT very time we post though. ;)

I have heard it is difficult, but four of the schools I interviewed at require it, and all of them will accept it.

Yea sorry :( . I should probably stop doing that.

Anyways yea well 4 schools require it so I would definitely go ahead and do it. In your case, since you have already completed a strong post-bacc, it should be totally fine for you.

Are the proctored exams similar to the Organic I online class, where you have access to notes and the book during the exam?

Are the proctored exams similar to the Organic I online class, where you have access to notes and the book during the exam?
I have not taken Org Chem I through UNE. However, I can tell you that during the proctored exam, you are not allowed to have any study materials. You have to have everything memorized or understood. They will ask you to rotate your webcam or laptop to 360 degrees to show them there is no papers around you. Also, you need to take off the labels from the bottled drink (if you choose to have it around you while you take the exam). Only exams 2 and 4 are proctored ans as many ppl said above, you can choose to retake either exam 2 or 4 only once. For exams 1 and 3, you can have books, notes, or any other study materials you want with you. I hope this helps.

I have not taken Org Chem I through UNE. However, I can tell you that during the proctored exam, you are not allowed to have any study materials. You have to have everything memorized or understood. They will ask you to rotate your webcam or laptop to 360 degrees to show them there is no papers around you. Also, you need to take off the labels from the bottled drink (if you choose to have it around you while you take the exam). Only exams 2 and 4 are proctored ans as many ppl said above, you can choose to retake either exam 2 or 4 only once. For exams 1 and 3, you can have books, notes, or any other study materials you want with you. I hope this helps.

Exams 1 and 3 are closed note/closed book as well.

I am currently taking the new une online biochem class and I honestly hate it! It is basically a teach yourself class, the required "closed book" quizzes can be hard but not impossible but the actual exams are extremely difficult. I personally don't feel that the material covered in the course notes or lectures are highlighted at all in the exams. Some of the questions come out of left field, so to speak. Basically impossible! There are 2 which are closed booked proctored and the other 2 are "closed book" not proctored. I say if you get a B or above in that class your lucky. The lecture notes and actual recordings are not really helpful. I'm halfway through and my suggestion is to read the required text real carefully and outline the assigned chapters. This is all just my opinion though. I'd like to know what others currently taking the class think.

Did there end up being a curve at all? I've rushed through it a bit to meet a deadline and am crossing my fingers!

I'm taking this course now and I'm preparing for the Unit 2 exam. I've heard some people were surprised by the questions compared to the Unit 1 exam. Any suggestions on what to study? I've basically ignored the book thus far as I've found everything to this point could be found in her lectures.

I'm taking this course now and I'm preparing for the Unit 2 exam. I've heard some people were surprised by the questions compared to the Unit 1 exam. Any suggestions on what to study? I've basically ignored the book thus far as I've found everything to this point could be found in her lectures.
Hello,

I am not sure who your instructor is. However, when I took it exactly a year ago, I was lucky to find almost most questions being asked in quizzes and unit exams on Study Blue and Quizlet. I did not use the book much. I focused on my lecture notes. I understand how there are so many things to memorize. It is totally up to you, but I think it might be really helpful if you get some help from Quizlet or StudyBlue to see which sections are being emphasized in the Unit exams and quizzes. For me, since I knew the exam style after taking unit exam 1, I did better on the second/last one. However, it all depends on the person whether they do well on the first or second one. Remember that you have one chance to retake one of those exams if you are not satisfied or end up score below 50%. Good luck!

Hey everyone,
I want to start the UNE online Anatomy course next week and I was hoping to get some insight from people who already took it.
How long did you need to finish it?
What was the difficulty level, say on a scale from 1 to 10.
Are you allowed notes on the exams? (I know they are proctored but I heard that some classes allow you to use notes)
I don't know anything else that you can think of?

I made sure that the credits transfer to the colleges I want to apply to so I am all good there.

I was in a precarious spot like many people and needed Biochem but I only needed it to fulfill a requirement that I had, so I wanted to write this review

First of all the price when I took it was around 1350 so kinda expensive for one course but I took the entire 16 weeks to complete the course while finishing the final 3 days before my expected date. The course consist of 16 quizes( 1 for each week), 2 non-proctored exams and 2 proctored exams. The quizzes are easy as long as you've listened to the lecture and the non-procured exams are pretty close to what you'll see on the quizzes but the proctored exams are their own monster and are at A MUCH HIGHER DIFFICULTY than the other tests. I made the mistake of only studying 1 day prior to those exams and my grade showed average around 65% on the exams but I got 90+% on everything else. I didn't take advantage of the unit test retake due to lack of time but after the curve I was able to get a B-. Not an easy course and you definitely need to spend at least 9 hours a week for this course(at least 1 hour a day). Overall I recommend this course, good luck.

I just finished the course and can help people out. If anyone needs help PM me ;) I got an A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the retakes are the exam same exam as the first go around? Thanks!

Alright, here goes. Keep in mind I'm just one guy and this is merely my anecdotal view of the course.

The first unit is brutal, long, painful, and contains so much material it left me struggling. It covers 16 chapters of reading material, on everything from acids, bases, and buffers, to the structure of DNA and its synthesis, to amino acids and protein synthesis. Since I'd been out of school for quite some time at this point, I found myself completely overwhelmed by the volume of material to be covered in the six weeks allotted for the unit (there are 16 units, so you have to finish each unit in just under a week in order to have time to also have time to study for the unit tests). Looking back, if I had used the study guide for unit one and reviewed all of the module quizzes I probably would have been fine, but I went totally overboard and reread most of the chapters and watched all of the lectures again for good measure. Save yourself some time by printing out the study guide and writing out an elaboration or explanation of every bullet point on it, retake each quiz until you know them by heart, and do all of the in-book end of chapter quizzes and you should be fine. Oh, she also focused pretty heavily on the diseases mentioned throughout the chapters, so make sure to focus on those as well. I would also do a marathon session in which you rewatch all of the lectures prior to taking the exam, as it will significantly improve your ability to choose the right answers quickly (not that speed is really an issue- you are given more than enough time to complete the exam in my opinion) which gives you time to double-check everything before you submit.

The second unit was still difficult, but much less so than the first. It covers 9 chapters of material in 4 weeks, a far more manageable number. Again, if you study the study guide thoroughly and write out the answers to every problem list every pathway noted, do all of the end of chapter and module quizzes until you know them better than you know your own family, and do a marathon session in which you re-watch the lectures prior to the test, you should be fine. Test 2 is the proctored one, which was really easy to set up and use. You just connect to ProctorU via webcam, they ask you to show them your room and workspace real quick via the webcam and a mirror to make sure it is all clear of study materials, and then you are good to go. You have to sign up a week in advance, but it's really easy to move so long as you do it in a timely fashion, and allows you to schedule for basically any time of day.

I'm almost done with unit 3, which is even easier than the previous 2 so far, and covers 7 chapters of material in 3 weeks. Either the questions have gotten easier as the course has moved along, or I have adjusted to her teaching and testing style and it just feels easier. In any case, modules 11 and 12 were cake, though module 13 looks pretty hefty (covers 4 of the 7 chapters and deals with gluconeogenesis and blood glucose maintenance). I haven't done unit 4 yet, but it looks pretty chill, covering 6 chapters in 3 weeks, with another proctored exam at the end. Overall, I'd say the course started out feeling 9/10 on the difficulty scale, but now feels more like a 4/10. You should easily get a passing grade if you apply yourself (C or better), and if you put in some work, a B or low A is totally possible. Just make sure you have the time to read the book- she pulls a lot of questions about diseases from the book, while only brushing over them in lecture- and use her provided study guides. Also, each of the 16 modules has about an hour of lectures you must watch. The best way to fill out the study guides is to watch her lectures a second time, following along with the guide and filling it in every time she goes over one of its points. Oh, and UNE is very lax about the extensions, so if you need an extra 10-16 weeks, they'll give it to you. But you only get ONE extension, if you aren't complete by your final extension deadline, you fail the course, so just ask for the longest extension they will give you right out if you need one. You will learn a lot from this course, but it will require a lot of time and effort, so be ready to apply yourself and hit the books pretty regularly.

I have Prof. LeClair, who I have heard is quite accessible if you need to contact her.

I would recommend the course to those that have time to invest in it, but to those with a course schedule already full with science courses, I would be careful. Perhaps a person taking a full course load could complete the course with an extension over 26-32 weeks, but it's just too time intensive to complete on the regular 16 week timetable if you're really busy to begin with IMO. Good luck to you all.

Do you feel that the class helped you in med school? Would you recommend taking this class while working a job? Approx how much weekly time should we dedicate to it?

Do you feel that the class helped you in med school? Would you recommend taking this class while working a job? Approx how much weekly time should we dedicate to it?
It helped a lot with first year. I took it like 3 years ago though, so I can't confidently comment on the amount of time the current course takes. I was working and spent about 10-15 hours per week on the course, but it was largely new material and I was a slow learner.

Does anyone know if the retakes are the exam same exam as the first go around? Thanks!
Did you ever get an answer on this question?? I have the same question!!

Hey guys, question for those that have taken the biochem class, I haven't taken Chem in about 4 years, is this a class that I would be in over my head with if I don't feel like a have a strong foundation in chem/orgo going in to? Debating on whether or not I can push through or if I should brush up on some gen chem/orgo first. Thanks

Has anybody retaken either of the proctored exams (# 2 or 4)? I am curious, if on the retake is it the same test or are there completely new questions?

Hey guys, question for those that have taken the biochem class, I haven't taken Chem in about 4 years, is this a class that I would be in over my head with if I don't feel like a have a strong foundation in chem/orgo going in to? Debating on whether or not I can push through or if I should brush up on some gen chem/orgo first. Thanks

This course is a lot more bio than chem. You'll be fine.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone is taking it now/which professor would you recommend?

Just wanted to weigh in my 2 cents.

I took orgo 3 years ago so my chemistry background was nonexistent basically. But honestly if you have good memorization skills this shouldn't be an issue. I walked out with an A-. At first, this course looked very difficult. In retrospect this is probably the hardest course I have ever taken. However like other people have said, if you do the work you'll be fine. I have a different take than what other people have said. I never read the textbook once. I solely focused on the objectives, knew them in the back of my head. I got a 47/50 on the final. And for the exams, there aren't any questions that deviate from the objectives. AK Lectures was a TREMENDOUS help for me personally. That guy is Brooklyn jesus. Leclair's lectures were useless for me personally, I stopped watching after Week 11, but I wouldn't recommend doing that. Overall very interesting course, very difficult course, but if you put the time in and chip away at it, you'll be gucci ;)

Just an update for anyone looking to take biochem with UNE, the course is fairly the same as those that described it in the earlier comments. There are still 4 units containing module 1-16 of learning material. The course has four exams, two of which are proctored (unit 2 and unit 4). The quizzes and lectures help the most (avoid the book, too much material) in terms of preparing for the exams. If you plan on taking the course or are currently enrolled in it, shoot me a message so I can forward you any course resources I saved!

How long did it take you to complete the course?
Is it possible to finish in 8 weeks?

Just an update for anyone looking to take biochem with UNE, the course is fairly the same as those that described it in the earlier comments. There are still 4 units containing module 1-16 of learning material. The course has four exams, two of which are proctored (unit 2 and unit 4). The quizzes and lectures help the most (avoid the book, too much material) in terms of preparing for the exams. If you plan on taking the course or are currently enrolled in it, shoot me a message so I can forward you any course resources I saved!

Hello! I'm currently enrolled in the course and I'm about to take the Unit 1 test. Would you say that the exam questions are similar to the quizzes? Or are they more difficult? Also, would you mind sharing some of the resources that you used? Please and thank you!

So here is my write up on the class. I procrastinated and probably did the class in 2.5 months, with the majority being in the last month, while working full time. I finished with an A-.

First off, you can google every question on all the end of week evaluations as well as unit exams 1 and 3. Couple that with generally trying to answer the discussion responses (assume 9/10 points), then you realize the only place to lose any real points in this class is on unit 2 and unit 4 exams.

I took a month to study for exam 1 and I feel like an idiot for it. It's a bunch of information and like I said you could take the unit 1 exam the first day you take the class without studying and get 100%. I studied for another 4 weeks for the unit 2 exam. I memorized glycolysis, malate aspartate shuttle, ETC, Citric acid cycle, and all the other diagrams/figures really. You kind of get a jist for what is important. I also downloaded quizletts of the whole unit objectives which I used to study and read over before the unit test. If you know the objectives and figures you can make an A in this class. All I did to restudy unit 1 was read the test questions and answers about 30 minutes before taking the unit 2 exam. This worked great for me and didn't waste a lot of time.

I took the unit 3 exam after 'studying' for 1 week because like I said.... you don't have to. 100%

I studied the last 3 weeks of content in 1 week and then took the unit 4 exam. Having a firm grasp on the unit 2 material definitely helped me here. and I'm sure my lack of knowledge about unit 3 hurt but whatever. If I had put in an extra week or so maybe I could have gotten an A but I'm not sweating it.

So don't be scared. You have to show up big twice in this class to do well, and even if you don't do great you should pass it.