Uni of colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey sorry i dunno about the bur nos..i know it is still 0.75mm though for a full gold..
Actually i have no idea about the pracs/burs.. us system for that matter..its just my theory that i recollect..

Damn confused as to how to start for the pracs :)

Ms. Miller will send an email that provide you with the list of burs and instruments they will provide during the test.

Members don't see this ad.

Ms. Miller will send an email that provide you with the list of burs and instruments they will provide during the test.

hi,we haven't received the list,could u plz share it if u have it
already.

Hey sorry i dunno about the bur nos..i know it is still 0.75mm though for a full gold..
Actually i have no idea about the pracs/burs.. us system for that matter..its just my theory that i recollect..

Damn confused as to how to start for the pracs :)

anyway tanx for your advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in for May 8th..got it last week..

I have not recieved any list for instruments or burs?? So, they give you either PFM or Full gold or BOTH??

Does anyone knows abt the Wax exercises?

I want to know about the wax exercise too.....

Is it really hard?

hi everyone,

i got an interview call from colorado on may 8th and i dont have time. can anyone tell me what will they ask for preparing for bench exam and will they allow us to use diamond burs? plssssssssssss help me

hi everyone,

i got an interview call from colorado on may 8th and i dont have time. can anyone tell me what will they ask for preparing for bench exam and will they allow us to use diamond burs? plssssssssssss help me

They ask for
(A) PFM or full cast crown -- tooth preparations

(B) Class 2 amalgam prep

(C)And some kind of wax exercises which include molding of the waxes into
different shapes( this is what i read from last years posts)
( for eg. Make a piece of wax into a pencil shape and mold the wax into a
letter 'O' or any other letter.

I am not totally sure, but most colleges do allow u to use diamond burs.. ( so what u can do is bring ur burs and if they say No then dont use them and if they dont say anything, then use ur burs)

dr37 & other friends,

Hai friends this should answer most of your questions. Do not be panicked. Practice well, they are cool people they make u comfortable, they provide u with all the burs, hand piece and necessary instruments. However they permit u to use ur own burs and instruments if u like. Go with a positive frame of mind. time ur exercises well plan ur time equally for the 3 exercises.Their manikins are good, u have volunteers helping u out with the adjustment of manikins and other stuff. All they want is the best u guys have. Good luck.

Yes there would but they would not restrict your working area, you can work very comfortably with the cheeks on the manikins

the email says they will provide us with electrical handpiece... does that mean the regular high speed handpiece or slow speed one.

I reached Colorado and this place is breathtaking.Wow! Its not all that cold or anything.I like the weather.Drove around town,went to the mall and drove by the college.Its amazing.Well! tommorow is my interview and i am having a huge panic attack.Trying to relax.Nothing is helping me.Tommorow is the big day i 've been waiting for all this while.Guys please keep me in your prayers.Thankyou.

Members don't see this ad :)
I reached Colorado and this place is breathtaking.Wow! Its not all that cold or anything.I like the weather.Drove around town,went to the mall and drove by the college.Its amazing.Well! tommorow is my interview and i am having a huge panic attack.Trying to relax.Nothing is helping me.Tommorow is the big day i 've been waiting for all this while.Guys please keep me in your prayers.Thankyou.

ALL THE BEST

I know nothing can decrease ur heart rate rite now, but just try to relax ...

You are in the boxing ring with all your preparations now, the one with more confidence and a good presence of mind can punch better and knock down the opponent. Afterall it is just a part of life and not the end. The very fact that you are here says that you should have won similar boxing rounds with a lesser preparation and at a much younger age. Remember to pack your punch with all your energy and mind the victory is yours. Good luck

hey guys, I want to wish you all the best on the interview. Tomorrow is a big day for all of us. Try to do all your best and good luck.:xf::xf::xf:

My interview is on 24th may. I haven't received any postal mail yet. I feel really tense.

Good luck to you all. Do your very best and the rest will follow.

They will provide you with a high speed handpiece for sure! I am not sure about a slow speed along with it.... i think they provide that too...

the email says they will provide us with electrical handpiece... does that mean the regular high speed handpiece or slow speed one.

Good luck..all you guys...may your hard work pay off!!

R they still calling or done with i/v? pls reply

hey guys i have an interview on 24th..............any1 willing to share accomodation plz pm me... thnkz

hi
i have my interview on the 8th may. i am looking for someone to share accommodation. please let me know if anyone is interested asap.my email add is [email protected]

hey anyone else got interview today? plz post ...

You are in the boxing ring with all your preparations now, the one with more confidence and a good presence of mind can punch better and knock down the opponent. Afterall it is just a part of life and not the end. The very fact that you are here says that you should have won similar boxing rounds with a lesser preparation and at a much younger age. Remember to pack your punch with all your energy and mind the victory is yours. Good luck

Hi! possible,
thankyou so much for your advice.Well! my interview went fine.The practicals were ok.It was my first interview and boy did it show! Well! just trying hard to stop pondering over it and move on to other things.Just over a month to go till we get the final results.

Do u guys think that airline people will let us carry the burs and other instuments in the cabine?

Yes they will allow you to carry the burs and hand instruments. Keep them separate on the security check and tell them what they are for. But, there should not be very sharp other things.

Do u guys think that airline people will let us carry the burs and other instuments in the cabine?

Does anybody know if there are going to be any more interview calls? pls do reply. Thanks alot

hey guys did everybody whose interview is on the 24thmay receive the package thru mail? pls reply. am a bit worried.

hi guys
even i have my i.v. on 24th but i haven,t received any info packet till now..
can anyone who has got it let us know whats in that...can u plz share the info..

guys did everyone for interview on 24thmay receive the package. i havent received it yet and am really worried. tried calling but nobody piks up. pls reply.

Hi All- I got an email frm Dr.Towne just a few minutes back for the interview on 24th. It is such short notice and I am getting quite anxious abt the whole thing. Any female interested in sharing accommodation for the 23rd night. Pls do reply ASAP. Thanks and My Best to all those who are interviewing and who are eagerly waiting for the interview call. Be your Best folks.

Hey,

I received the e-mail too just a few minutes back.....I dont know what to do

It is for 24th May, this is such a short notice...I dont even know what all we need to take with us...I mean do we need our own instruments...or what? PLease someone help me out....What all we need to prepare?

Hello all..I also got an invite for 24th May..please send me a PM so that we can discuss the specifics of the interview.I'm a female dentist from India living in NJ.Thanks & good luck everyone :)

any 1 male want to share accomendation for 24th iv

Hi everyone! can anyone who has received the email about the interview on may 24th forward it to my email address?! i don't know why i'm not receiving it! only 8 days away and still no email!! so freaked out!:confused:
my email is [email protected]

Last edited:
Even i have not received the info letter. my interview is on the 24th too. can anybody who has received it please share the information or please email me the details on [email protected]

hi can anyone tell is there any fees for bench exam at university of colorado.

Hi All,
Even I haven't received any info abt the interview on May 24th. I just received the email which said that the details will follow soon. People who have already interviewed there - would u pls give us some pointers ?
Also - can anybody suggest any hotel close to the University ? Any info tht you folks post here will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

i dont think the are going to mail anything... everything will be sent by email....

Regarding the hotel... try googling up quality inn and crystal inn, aurora.... they provide free shuttle service to the airport... back and forth...
I stayed in crystal inn and they were kind enough to drop us to the dental school in the morning and pick us back in the evening... am not sure if quality inn has that service... crystal inn is a lil expensive than quality inn... but it s upto u to decide... good luck

I have received an iv call for 24th may. I am a female from Chicago and looking for sharing accommodation. Please reply soon. Thanks in advance.

I received an interview invitation today. 1 week before the interview :eek:
That's not fair in comparison to the people who got notice 3 or 2 weeks before.
Is it because many people just drop the invitation? :confused:
Anyways, I'm still glad to be invited :D At least I have a chance now.

Good luck and see you next week :thumbup: