Uni of colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks part 1
more suggestions are welcomed

Members don't see this ad.

NYU is a good university, although it is expensive.
Advantages-
You get a good patinet flow there.
Get more exposure in clinics.
One of the great city to live in. You can confirm with the college if they refund the fees. (College is the best place to ask for the fee)

You will complete 2013 june in Nyu and 2013 jan in Colorado

It is your decision whatever you will good for you. Colorado calls 150 students last year, so just 1:5 chance to get in.

Hi
I got acceptance at nyu. I also got interview call from colorado.
can anyone suggest wat to do. Which univ. is good.
will the tuition fee be refundable from nyu coz deadline is in early may.
please help me

Hi All,

What is the dress code for the interview and can we take our instruments for the practical exmas ?

Thanks
You are welcome to take instruments of your own and use them for the exam. Dress code- a suit would do. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

First of all congrats to all..It feels nice to get an interview call..I have couple of questions..Responses will be highly appreciated

1) I have interview date on 8 but I want to postpone it so what procedure I need to do? Whom should i contact? I have heard few people saying that nobody picks up phone even to our confirmation..

2) Will it be a disadvantage to go in later batch for interview? Do they give rolling base admission or everyone has fair and equal chance?

3) What things need to carry for personal interview? What are the usual questions asked in personal interview? ( I have read the old post but if some one who current students can give some feedback and tips..)

Thanks a lot..good luck

Hello everyone,

First of all congrats to all..It feels nice to get an interview call..I have couple of questions..Responses will be highly appreciated

1) I have interview date on 8 but I want to postpone it so what procedure I need to do? Whom should i contact? I have heard few people saying that nobody picks up phone even to our confirmation..

2) Will it be a disadvantage to go in later batch for interview? Do they give rolling base admission or everyone has fair and equal chance?

3) What things need to carry for personal interview? What are the usual questions asked in personal interview? ( I have read the old post but if some one who current students can give some feedback and tips..)

Hi,
I believe the answer to your first question is that e-mail is your best choice. I believe that when you recieved your IV call it was adressed from Dr.Beth and also Cc-ed to Jane Miller. You could do the same, adress it to Dr.Beth and Cc Jane too. Dr.Beth has been quite fast with her responses regarding the IVs so far. Good Luck.

Hello everyone,

Hi,
I believe the answer to your first question is that e-mail is your best choice. I believe that when you recieved your IV call it was adressed from Dr.Beth and also Cc-ed to Jane Miller. You could do the same, adress it to Dr.Beth and Cc Jane too. Dr.Beth has been quite fast with her responses regarding the IVs so far. Good Luck.

Hey,

Thanks a lot..so do you think/know if postponing the interview is possible..

I read you are joining Duggan's course..When are they conducted usually? and what are the fees for the shortest version of course?

What are you planning about wax exercise?

Good Luck!

Hey,

Thanks a lot..so do you think/know if postponing the interview is possible..

I read you are joining Duggan's course..When are they conducted usually? and what are the fees for the shortest version of course?

What are you planning about wax exercise?

Good Luck!

Hi,
As long as they have a slot available on the next date (which is the 24th I believe) it might be possible to postpone the interview. I don't know for sure, but give it a try. As for the Duggan's course, it started on the 19th, and I didn't make it there. You can check out their website for the courses offered. I believe the shortest course is 3500, but then you would have to look for accomodation, get your own teeth,instruments and materials. So I guess it goes to much more than the basic fee.

Hi,
As long as they have a slot available on the next date (which is the 24th I believe) it might be possible to postpone the interview. I don't know for sure, but give it a try. As for the Duggan's course, it started on the 19th, and I didn't make it there. You can check out their website for the courses offered. I believe the shortest course is 3500, but then you would have to look for accomodation, get your own teeth,instruments and materials. So I guess it goes to much more than the basic fee.

Thanks a lot for that.

I have heard mixed opinions about duggan's course so I was as such reluctant..I dont think there would be any other course available before our interview date..So what are you planning to do? I have purchased Duggan's dvds of tooth preparation and also I have heard UOP manual is extremely helpful..

Good luck for practice

@ PANDU

can u pls give me dr beth's numb/email,so that i can alteast knw wats goin on wit my applictn...
i applied in nov...and since then no news,wherther my applictn is complete/incomplete/underreview.i must have emailed jane miller like 15-20 times but no reply, when i call her she tells me to send another email,i do it again no reply...
im so stressed...

@ PANDU

can u pls give me dr beth's numb/email,so that i can alteast knw wats goin on wit my applictn...
i applied in nov...and since then no news,wherther my applictn is complete/incomplete/underreview.i must have emailed jane miller like 15-20 times but no reply, when i call her she tells me to send another email,i do it again no reply...
im so stressed...
sometimes she mailed something to us but we didnt get it...it happened with me,,,she mailed me bench exam info twice but I still cudnt recieve it on my regular mail id so I gave her my hubby id...u can try an alternate id and hope it will work. This is the phone number and mail id u r askin for...all the best
Phone: (303) 724-7084
FAX: (303) 724-7066
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for ur comment....plus as written above..1.5mm axial height is difficult to get in killgore teeth as contact point is placed very occlusal so after gettin a pulpal depth of 1.5,,to put gingival seat below by 1.5mm is difficult...wht u guys wud suggest?

sorry for delayed reply..thats right again.
it has to be 1.5 on pulpally
so its ok if you dont go tooooo deep proximally..but you have to be definitely well below the contact area.
hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everybody
i got an interview call too.it's for 8 may :thumbup:

anybody has any idea?i think everyone who has filled an application is invited,does anybody know about how the interview is going on?i have heard over 200 invitation>plz share if any idea!!:xf:

even i have heard tht they r calling more no of students for interview this y\r...
but i dont see much of it in the posts..

n congrats for those who r getting it
anybody has any idea?i think everyone who has filled an application is invited,does anybody know about how the interview is going on?i have heard over 200 invitation>plz share if any idea!!:xf:

any one has any idea?is there anyone one who is still waiting for a call?'it seem all r practicing hard?hey guys do you bring your instruments with u for the exam?what is the chance of being accepted ,is it for example 1 out of 4?
good luck for all

I am still waiting for i/v call, any idea till wat time they will send more calls?

can anyone tell me do they provide matrix bands or we have to take them with us for the bench exam.

Hi All,

Until now how many have received interview from Colorado ?

Thanks

@doc124

thanks for the input on kilgore teeth. I borrowed somebody's kilgore typodont for a day to have a feel and yr evaluation regardin' its comparison with columbia is so true.

I was wondering about the issue of indirect vs direct vision.
Does anyone has any idea about it:
Can we bend our neck to 45 degree like we do on patients or it has to be strictly under indirect vision
good luck to everyone for the preparation!

@hant
good question.do they look at your position or they just care about the final tooth preparation.

to my knowledge the operators position is not a problem to them as long as u make a good preparation.They are only concerned about the operators skill and the time in which one can finish it.

I just declined my interview. so somebody will get a call.

has anybody been called for interview on 24th?my friend received it on thursday.....any female for sharing accomodation?

Does anyone want to sell the KILGORE typhodont.
Do they ask for filling or just the cavity prep.
Guys i got a call as well on thursday. Still wondering how to approach it. I got it for 24th May. Are the Duggan DVDs any good???

Hey everybody,

I have been called for the test and interview on May 8th .
Any Indian female, willing to share accommodation?
Please send me a PM..

Anyone discussing about the bench test , please let me know, I would like to join..

Thanks

hey Congrats Minu..
I too got an i/v invite today for 24th may..

Any one from Chicago going for 24th may i/v??

Good luck to all.. Cheers!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
has anybody been called for interview on 24th?my friend received it on thursday.....any female for sharing accomodation?

Hi I got interview call on 24th and I'm a female

hi guys ... also in for 24th i.v... im 4m canada. any idea do they provide us with instruments n typhodont or do v have to get r own... plz guide about hw to prepare 4 clinical exam

yes they do provide you with the typhodont and the necessary instruments and burs.

thnx possible for the info... can u help provide some guidance hw prepare for the clinical skill exam n i.v ... from where to start n how.?

thnx possible for the info... can u help provide some guidance hw prepare for the clinical skill exam n i.v ... from where to start n how.?
As far as colorado is concerned they give a lot of importance to the bench test in selection. Interview would be a cool thing, be as honest as possible, try to answer all the questions from a positive angle. As for as bench exam is concerned they normally give you guide lines of what to expect in the exam.
If you are in your home country it will be pretty easy for you to take the guidelines to your teachers and seek their help. If you are in the US take the help of a clinician or a dental school near you. You could make a request to a clinician near you and practice in the clinic after office hours. If you have access to a dental school in the US (a little difficult but not impossible) the faculty will be able to guide you. Good luck

Hey guys,

count me in.... got an email for May 8 th.....
Good luck to all,

any male for sharing an accommodation on may 24th

PMF PREPARATION:

The facial shoulder isoptimally1.5mm wide.
A shoulder finishline shall be placed on the buccal from the mesialbuccal lineangle to the distalbuccal line angle

WHAT ABOUT LINGUAL?SHOULD IT BE SHOULDER WITH 1,5 MM WIDE OR CHAMFER OR SHOULDER WITH HALF WIDE OF FACIAL SHOULDER?

anyone knows which hotel is good and is also near the dental school. Can anyone pls help me with this. Need to make bookings before the prices go high. thanks a lot.

hey congrats blasphy

u got 8 th may iv now..thts late..
can u share ur stats?

all the best

PMF PREPARATION:

The facial shoulder isoptimally1.5mm wide.
A shoulder finishline shall be placed on the buccal from the mesialbuccal lineangle to the distalbuccal line angle

WHAT ABOUT LINGUAL?SHOULD IT BE SHOULDER WITH 1,5 MM WIDE OR CHAMFER OR SHOULDER WITH HALF WIDE OF FACIAL SHOULDER?

This being a Porcelain-fused to-Metal prep (PFM) the lingual will have a chamfer finish line ( as a full gold will have throughout )..Hope this helps!!

anyone knows which hotel is good and is also near the dental school. Can anyone pls help me with this. Need to make bookings before the prices go high. thanks a lot.
If I am right hotel crown plaza is a good one, they as well might be offering free shuttle to the dental school, which saves you on the cabs call them up and ask them.

this being a porcelain-fused to-metal prep (pfm) the lingual will have a chamfer finish line ( as a full gold will have throughout )..hope this helps!!

thanx,wath abouth the width ?1.5mm?

r they still sending iv calls......is anyone aware untill when r they going to send the invites....and i also noticed that the iv's on 1st and 8th are on saturday....haven't seen a lot guys posting for 15th....and 24th is a monday...isn't that odd....or have they moved the 15th iv calls to 24th...

thanx,wath abouth the width ?1.5mm?

The chamfer width should be 0.75mm i.e. half the total width of the chamfer bur. The difference in the width (1.5 & .75) would create a ledge on the proximal surfaces.

The chamfer width should be 0.75mm i.e. half the total width of the chamfer bur. The difference in the width (1.5 & .75) would create a ledge on the proximal surfaces.

tanx,do you know what chamfer and shoulder burs we are provided(i mean 012,14 or 018) at the test,cause for the full cast preparation it has mentioned the width should be half the chamfer you are provided.Is it still 0.75mm?
again tanx...

tanx,do you know what chamfer and shoulder burs we are provided(i mean 012,14 or 018) at the test,cause for the full cast preparation it has mentioned the width should be half the chamfer you are provided.Is it still 0.75mm?
again tanx...

Hey sorry i dunno about the bur nos..i know it is still 0.75mm though for a full gold..
Actually i have no idea about the pracs/burs.. us system for that matter..its just my theory that i recollect..

Damn confused as to how to start for the pracs :)

If I am right hotel crown plaza is a good one, they as well might be offering free shuttle to the dental school, which saves you on the cabs call them up and ask them.

hey thanks.... will call them and update here tomorrow