University of Illinois c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah i wish they told us it would give us a better gauge at our odds, but that be to nice ;)

I started the bolded earlier today. I'm aware that not everyone gets phase 2. I was wondering what the cutoff for phase 2 would be this year and how many people generally get cut at that point. I think 200, give or take, would make sense. But then that leaves 500 more to cut before interviews and it would make sense to drop more people earlier than later in the cycle. Like you said, who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

It would probably also drive us crazy. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email! Im IS and I actually go to UofI. They are indeed having funding/budgeting issues (the whole state is operating without a budget at the moment) so I'm sure all of the offices are a little hectic. To everyone who did not get an email, there is most probably not going to be a portal this year and thus they will probably continue to communicative via email! Be patient and good luck!

i cant wait to hear Jan 15th ah! I requested a transcript to be sent right when i got the message lol!

Same. :) Thank goodness too; my school said it was the last day to request a transcript until after the New Year! :wideyed: I sent it out and got it over with! Whew.

Hopefully we hear soon! I'm hoping for early Jan! The wait is killing me!

Advanced to phase II! SO SO SO SO SO badly want to recieve an interview from this school!

denied admission via email today.

Had an interview last year and was waitlisted- in state

Does anyone know how to check to see if your fall transcripts have been received if there is no portal this year? Just wondering if there was an option other than calling them.

Does anyone know how to check to see if your fall transcripts have been received if there is no portal this year? Just wondering if there was an option other than calling them.
I wish wondering the same thing I was going to call my school to confirm they were sent ?

I suppose you could email them!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish wondering the same thing I was going to call my school to confirm they were sent ?

Ya I ended up just calling them. They are still processing the transcripts. Most schools will send an email letting you know they processed your request so I would call if you haven't received one.

next week they should be sending out interview invites...ahh!!

Omg omg omg you called!? What day did they say!?!?
The email that they sent out about moving onto Phase 2 mentioned this:

We hope to have another set of e-mails sent out by the second week of January to notify those who will be offered interviews on February 15, 2016, to give you approximately a month to make travel plans before Interview Day.

I was hoping that this week would be considered the second week of January...

We hope to have another set of e-mails sent out by the second week of January to notify those who will be offered interviews on February 15, 2016, to give you approximately a month to make travel plans before Interview Day.

I was thinking it be one month before date so I was thinking by Jan 15th. The wait kills! Anyone know about how many people advice to phase 2 we were trying to figure it out a while ago and didn't know

Last year they went out on the 8th tho

Last year they went out on the 8th tho

Last year they had a portal and weren't having the same issues they had last year. I would imagine it will be next week.

Last year they had a portal and weren't having the same issues they had last year. I would imagine it will be next week.
Fingers crossed it comes with good news

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question for you guys....if I drop the fall interim I'm in but I will still maintain 12 credits (fulltime) will this affect my application process in some way????

Last year they sent them out on the 8th so I'm hoping this week.. MAYBE tomorrow!

I'm hoping that it's tomorrow!!!!!

What time do they usually go out around? 5 or so?

One day down, four to go.

Reactions: 2 users
nothing today... checked my email like a mad woman at work. tomorrow please!!

Reactions: 1 users
nothing today... checked my email like a mad woman at work. tomorrow please!!
I am dying here from sickness and mental state. I'm going crazy waiting for this news

When you apply to vet school, they should tell you how much it really is torture... lol

My new guess is now Friday

My new guess is now Friday
I think Thursday. The 15th exactly one month before interview like they said "to give applicants at least one month before interview." I hope this long long wait comes with good news!

I think Thursday. The 15th exactly one month before interview like they said "to give applicants at least one month before interview." I hope this long long wait comes with good news!

The 15th is Friday. That's why I picked it. Cause it would give you a month to prepare....

Wishing you guys the best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Friday at 5:00 to field phone calls off for the weekend and mocks previous years.

Anyone else incessantly checking their emails despite assuming that they won't be sent out until Friday?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else incessantly checking their emails despite assuming that they won't be sent out until Friday?
That. And also obsessively checking SDN to see if anyone else has gotten anything...

Ugh I know it's gonna be Friday! But when Friday!!!! Do you think after business hours? 5pm or later?

Last edited:
Friday is going to be the LONGEST day ever..

My gmail is linked to my phone, so I just freak out every time I get an e-mail notification.... Which almost always has been an SDN notification. :dead::p

Ugh I know it's gonna be Friday! But when Friday!!!! Do you think after business hours? 5pm or later?

It will probably be after business hours (5pm central time). That's generally when UofI releases any admissions information. But OMG the wait is killer! I will more than likely end up having three schools email me on friday/saturday about interviews! Ugg! Stress!!

It will probably be after business hours (5pm central time). That's generally when UofI releases any admissions information. But OMG the wait is killer! I will more than likely end up having three schools email me on friday/saturday about interviews! Ugg! Stress!!
Last year I got my interview invite at about 11 am, but I think other people got theirs later in the day.