University of Kansas Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bold311

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview this weekend at KU Med. They are notorious for asking medical ethics questions (what would you do if ...?). Has anyone had an interview there yet this year? Any particularly brutal questions?

Thanks a million

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the post schools requesting interviews. You can find out who interviewed there.

I did pre-med in college alittle while back at one of the small schools in Knasas and am only getting back into it all..., But all my classmates interviewed and went there (many unhappily, but the place is cheap...) Very traditional place. Wear best suit...

Think about ethics stuff, but start to think about how will answer question like a doctor more than specifically what will say...

interveiwfeedback.com (if that isn't it..please correct me..)

Great luck to you!!! Let us know how it goes...JA

Members don't see this ad :)
Joseph--can I ask why your classmates 'unhappily' went there? I applied there and haven't gotten an interview. Part of it may be that I'm out-of-state, the other that my stats are a bit below their averages. But I was curious nonetheless (sp).

Hey, got an interview invite! So, now I'm even more curious as to:

1) Bold311--How did your interview go?

2) Joseph-Arveson--I'm still curious as to why did you say your friends went to KUMC unhappily?

Anybody else have anything to add? I'd love to hear from you. :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Lily2:
•Hey, got an interview invite! So, now I'm even more curious as to:

1) Bold311--How did your interview go?

2) Joseph-Arveson--I'm still curious as to why did you say your friends went to KUMC unhappily?

Anybody else have anything to add? I'd love to hear from you. :) •••••Lily2, how did your interview invite come? E-mail or snail mail or is it on their secondary site? I'm waiting to hear about an interview from them. I'm an out-of-stater too.

Kadyra--the invite came via email. When did you send in the secondary? I wonder when they started interviewing out-of-staters...

Einey (if you read this): you mentioned that you had an interview there. How did it go? Are you out-of-state?

There's gotta be more pple that have interviewed here or have thoughts on this school...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Lily2:
•Kadyra--the invite came via email. When did you send in the secondary? I wonder when they started interviewing out-of-staters...•••••My application was complete December 18th. I sent in my secondary a few days before that. I wonder when they started interviewing out-of-staters too and when they're going to stop interviewing. Maybe I should call them and pester them. They are the only school I haven't called yet this year so I think I'm Ok on that :)

As a two-time participant in the interview process at KU, I can tell you that yes, there are a lot of ethical questions.

My approach was very straightforward - to always act on the patient's behalf. When given any situation, I would generally determine who the patient was and act as a proponent for them.

Whether or not this is always right (legally or otherwise), at least you've got a stance coming in and you won't sound unsure of how to act in difficult situations. Sure, they may question your answer, but you've got to remember that the fact is - you don't know the right answer - and neither do they.

This is why they ask - they want to see your thinking process and how you may act under duress. I can tell you that the interviews are generally very low stress and the interviewers for me were always very friendly - never condescending.

As for this year - I applied EDP so it may have been different for me, but one of my two interviews was open-file, meaning they had everything (grades, mcats, essays - the whole ap - amcas and secondary).

Just go in, be yourself - you'll do fine.

Thanks for the info Jetson.

OK KU interviews through March 15. I called today and they called me back right away. The admissions office lady was very nice.

Jetson--thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Kadyra--yes, the secretary is one of the nicest I've talked to! Thanks for calling. Guess, I'm getting interviewed for waitlist...

I'm in a bad mood b/c I got another waitlist, so excuse my mean tone, but: Einey, you frequently post asking others for help, it'd be nice if you gave others input too. That is why pple like SDN, b/c pple help e/o out instead of the normal pre-med mentality.