University of Melbourne DVM c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogsrule777

Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to start a thread for University of Melbourne DVM program c/o 2026. I'm an international student from California, in the US and just received my acceptance email last night! Would love to get connected to other students and see what everyone's plans are!

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied for the cohort graduating in December 2025 and just got my tentative acceptance last night. I'm worried about the CASPER and taking it at 2am. I like the idea of starting in February, but I'll probably go somewhere else if I get an acceptance elsewhere before then.

Hi I just wanted to start a thread for University of Melbourne DVM program c/o 2026. I'm an international student from California, in the US and just received my acceptance email last night! Would love to get connected to other students and see what everyone's plans are!
Congrats! I did not apply there, but Melbourne sounds amazing!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied for the cohort graduating in December 2025 and just got my tentative acceptance last night. I'm worried about the CASPER and taking it at 2am. I like the idea of starting in February, but I'll probably go somewhere else if I get an acceptance elsewhere before then.
Oh ya!! I didn't think about how we'd be class of 2025! That's so weird to think about.... I've taken the CASPER before, and I think as long as you're a decent person, you shouldn't have too tough of a time with it! I also have to take the CASPER at 1AM tomorrow! I'm worried about not being able to wait long enough for other offers since this school starts so early. I haven't gotten the official offer letter yet until after the CASPER, but I'm hoping it addresses whether we'll be online or in person.

Congrats! I did not apply there, but Melbourne sounds amazing!!
Thank you!! I've been watching videos about Melbourne on youtube since we can't travel there yet haha! Looks like a really cool area!

Anyone on here from the US know if University of Melbourne will allow us to take the first semester online? I saw in the handbook it says courses are taught dual delivery for the first semester, which means online and in person, but I'm wondering if they allow you to do online for the entire semester, or if they expect you to come in person as soon as you can? Also wondering if the online portion will be asynchronous or if we will have to log in at specific times?

Anyone on here from the US know if University of Melbourne will allow us to take the first semester online? I saw in the handbook it says courses are taught dual delivery for the first semester, which means online and in person, but I'm wondering if they allow you to do online for the entire semester, or if they expect you to come in person as soon as you can? Also wondering if the online portion will be asynchronous or if we will have to log in at specific times?
In terms of asynchronous vs logging in at specific times, I can't speak for this upcoming year. However, I was talking to a current student and they said most lectures are pre-recorded and can be watched at any time. There are some case studies and practicals that are live online and they have to wake up at 2 or 3am (based on different time zones) for those specifically.

Does anyone know if we will be able to see our quartile for CASPER? My test said results were delivered. Do we still have another week before we can see our results or do we not get access to that since it is an Australian test and not the test for the US based schools?

Anyone else get accepted and are planning on going? I'm seriously considering it, but I would love to message other applicants to see their thoughts.

Anyone else get accepted and are planning on going? I'm seriously considering it, but I would love to message other applicants to see their thoughts.
I decided to decline the offer! I had a one on one meeting with a counselor who told me they expect everyone on campus as soon as possible once we get our student visas, even if that means moving in the middle of the first semester. I think that would be way too stressful for me, personally, to have to keep up with first semester and move across the world. Good luck to you though!