University of Minnesota C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a waitlist update...still number 8 for IS so no movement yet...:(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm feeling pretty bummed that the IS waitlist did not move at all :(

Reactions: 1 user
So after much thought, I have decided to accept my OOS seat! I realized that while both UMN and UF are great schools, I’m more excited about what Minnesota has to offer:)

Yay congrats future classmate!! :) Sorry you gave up warm sunny Florida for cold Minnesota but itll be worth it!! :highfive:

Yay congrats future classmate!! :) Sorry you gave up warm sunny Florida for cold Minnesota but itll be worth it!! :highfive:
Thank you!! I’ve very excited to meet you and everyone else! Luckily, I prefer the cold to the heat. This will just be extreme cold ;)

Nothing so far. I have a suspicion that they may do more movement tomorrow, since that's the deadline for everyone who was accepted last monday. I'm not sure though. I'm next on the list, so I'll be posting on here as soon as I hear something!
Were you offered a spot on Wednesday? Or did the IS waitlist not move at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got called while I was at work and the voicemail said she wanted to talk about my admission status but when I called her back there was no answer. I left a message and hopefully I’ll get a call back before my lunch ends!

Does anyone know if we should expect anymore significant waitlist movement on the IS waitlist at this point? It seems that it has slowed significantly and the IS waitlist hasn't moved since the first waitlist update (April 16th). Just getting anxious...

Anyone else anxiously waiting to hear more info on marticulation, I know I am!! :whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
Wow here I am on the thread again...
Anyone know when we should hear more about financial aid packages? I submitted my FAFSA back in February

Wow here I am on the thread again...
Anyone know when we should hear more about financial aid packages? I submitted my FAFSA back in February

I had emailed them about the Grad PLUS loan about a month ago since the website said i couldnt apply online (also submitted FAFSA back in January) and they responded that I wouldnt receive info about my financial aid packet until July

I had emailed them about the Grad PLUS loan about a month ago since the website said i couldnt apply online (also submitted FAFSA back in January) and they responded that I wouldnt receive info about my financial aid packet until July

:confused: That seems forever away...but thanks! Glad I'm not the only one waiting

:confused: That seems forever away...but thanks! Glad I'm not the only one waiting

Yea I thought the same thing when they responded especially since i just wanted to have everything squared away. It’ll be here soon enough though

I got a voicemail today saying they have an update on my waitlist status!! I can't call back tonight, but hopefully by the morning I'll be joining the UMN class of 2022!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I was looking at UMN’s curriculum and saw that there are usually 10-11 classes per semester with elective options. Does anyone know if we take all at the same time or are they staggered/half semesters?

I was looking at UMN’s curriculum and saw that there are usually 10-11 classes per semester with elective options. Does anyone know if we take all at the same time or are they staggered/half semesters?

The schedule is pretty variable from week to week in terms of what classes you have. First year is pretty consistent aside from a few courses that are staggered. Second year has more.

Anyone here who is OOS but trying to apply for in-state residency after a year? I heard rumors that UMn allows this, and I was just wondering if they were true!

Anyone here who is OOS but trying to apply for in-state residency after a year? I heard rumors that UMn allows this, and I was just wondering if they were true!

It is true, but it is a more involved process than my understanding of the process at other schools and requires demonstrating that you want/have plans to stay in Minnesota long-term. You're best off talking to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs and they can point you in the right direction with who to contact and more about the process (I'm an in-state student so not familiar with it).

Dr Trent told me that it is possible, that most people have residency by the time they finish. It is possible after that 1 year, but there isn't a formula for what you have to do, so you may get feedback and have to try the next year

Dr Trent told me that it is possible, that most people have residency by the time they finish. It is possible after that 1 year, but there isn't a formula for what you have to do, so you may get feedback and have to try the next year

So chances are pretty good if you marry a resident who has long employment history, owns a house, etc right?

So chances are pretty good if you marry a resident who has long employment history, owns a house, etc right?
If you want a more solid answer, get in touch with Karen Nelson or Violets Bonneville and they can tell you who to contact with residency questions. :)

Anyone know the U of M CVM class of 2022 Facebook page? I'm having trouble locating it!

Anyone IS thinking about going to another school? I’m number 1 on the IS waitlist currently and just wondering the likelihood of getting accepted at this point in the game. Anytime my phone rings I go crazy.

Anyone IS thinking about going to another school? I’m number 1 on the IS waitlist currently and just wondering the likelihood of getting accepted at this point in the game. Anytime my phone rings I go crazy.
You still have a chance until they tell you you’re no longer in the running!!! Good luck!!!
Maybe someone will get into a cheaper OOS school and give up their seat!

Looking for advice... I’m currently #1 on the IS waitlist, and I have been postponing starting the application cycle again due to being so close and dreading having to go through it all over again. I would probably retake the GRE as that was my weakest point. What is everyone’s thoughts as far as should I start the application now or hold off yet. Really don’t want to pay to retake the GRE if I don’t have to.

Looking for advice... I’m currently #1 on the IS waitlist, and I have been postponing starting the application cycle again due to being so close and dreading having to go through it all over again. I would probably retake the GRE as that was my weakest point. What is everyone’s thoughts as far as should I start the application now or hold off yet. Really don’t want to pay to retake the GRE if I don’t have to.

Why don’t you do a file review with Karen Nelson before doing anything like taking the GRE again?

Why don’t you do a file review with Karen Nelson before doing anything like taking the GRE again?
I already did. She had told me that my GRE score is what kept me from getting accepted and placed on the waitlist

Do you have to pay $$ to start the application process? If so, I'd hold off until a month before due date. If you can start it for free (which I think you can?) I'd just get started on it now and you'll be that much ahead of the game if you need it.

Do you have to pay $$ to start the application process? If so, I'd hold off until a month before due date. If you can start it for free (which I think you can?) I'd just get started on it now and you'll be that much ahead of the game if you need it.
Nope not until you submit.
And I’d agree with starting the app portionas well. A lot of it will transfer over from last cycle which is lovely but experiences can be added/updated and classes can be added, if any.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call today and I'm excited to say I'll be joining all of you this fall!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when we'll be hearing about financial aid and such?