University of Minnesota c/o 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my OOS Acceptance call

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
gf just received OOS acceptance call. i’m going to UMN medical school and this is a dream come true. Could not be more proud of her! congrats to everyone else. i’ll make sure to stay on my side of the sdn river now ;) good luck future vets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!! OOS ACCEPTANCE

Reactions: 1 user
IS ACCEPTED!! In shock!!

Do they make them all at once? Starting to get discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone know when they might send out the emails to people denied or waitlisted?

What phone number are they calling at? I got a phone call from a Minneapolis phone number but they didn't leave a message and when I tried to call back the number didn't work

What phone number are they calling at? I got a phone call from a Minneapolis phone number but they didn't leave a message and when I tried to call back the number didn't work
Mine was from a 612-624 number

mine was 612-626. They said that they would be emailing in a few days

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email. OOS Waitlisted #43.
Anyone know historically how far the waitlist has moved?

I just got an OOS acceptance email but they haven’t called me!! Part of me is convinced it’s a mistake but I’m ahhhhh!!

Is there a facebook group being made?
I don't know who is in charge of it, but a facebook group will be made for the class fairly soon by either college staff or current students.

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted! I can't wait to meet you all next year!

If you've been waitlisted and want to ask me questions about what that's like feel free to PM me- I know how stressful that experience is

Has anyone heard about IS acceptances or denies/waitlist?

OOS Waitlist #21

Congrats to those of you who heard positive news! Hope to meet some of you in the fall :)

For those who are feeling disappointed, I've been in your shoes and I know how hard it is. Keep your chin up, do a file review with the admissions office if you're interested in reapplying here, and knock 'em dead next time. You're welcome to PM me if you want to. I remember how crushed I was when I got my rejection email the first time I applied. It'll be okay, even if it doesn't feel that way right now. <3

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’m in shambles over here wondering!!!
I’m at work and i literally turned my phone on loud because I’m so paranoid Whats your last name? I’ve heard they do it alphabetically and I’m Wood

OOS Accepted! Though I absolutely loved the experience and the campus I will sadly be declining (most probably) since I can't justify paying that much more money for OOS tuition. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
I also loved my time there too but just got into my instate yesterday and will probably be accepting there! Congrats to all those accepted and those who will get pulled from waitlist it really is a fantastic school!

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’m in shambles over here wondering!!!
Same! I found out via email at 2:35 I am IS waitlisted at #26. I feel dumbstruck, and not sure what to think.

Same! I found out via email at 2:35 I am IS waitlisted at #26. I feel dumbstruck, and not sure what to think.

If you look at previous threads, UMNs in-state waitlist moves a LOT more than other IS waitlists (like 21+ seats). There may still be a chance.

I still haven’t heard anything??? I have checked spam and everything....

You guys could reach out to Violeta Bonneville, I'm sure she'd be able to help you out, whether it's re-sending an email or just reassuring you that not all decisions have gone out, etc.

Note: please don't interpret this as my saying that not all the decisions have been released - I have nothing to do with admissions and don't know anything more than you guys - but when in doubt, contact Violeta :)

You guys could reach out to Violeta Bonneville, I'm sure she'd be able to help you out, whether it's re-sending an email or just reassuring you that not all decisions have gone out, etc.

Note: please don't interpret this as my saying that not all the decisions have been released - I have nothing to do with admissions and don't know anything more than you guys - but when in doubt, contact Violeta :)

I got a call yesterday for OOS acceptance but no email yet should I send them one or just wait?

I got a call yesterday for OOS acceptance but no email yet should I send them one or just wait?
You should email her. I also got an OOS call yesterday but no email. I emailed her about an hour ago and she said that all the emails went out yesterday and had another one sent. About half an hour later I got my acceptance email.

You should email her. I also got an OOS call yesterday but no email. I emailed her about an hour ago and she said that all the emails went out yesterday and had another one sent. About half an hour later I got my acceptance email.
well that’s not good. So if we didn’t get a call and no email, were probably not accepted?

well that’s not good. So if we didn’t get a call and no email, were probably not accepted?
I have no idea... maybe you're waitlisted? It doesn't hurt to email Violeta.

I have no idea... maybe you're waitlisted? It doesn't hurt to email Violeta.
I did but she hasn’t gotten back to me. I’m just a little frustrated because this is so important to us and not hearing when everybody else does is really disheartening

I did but she hasn’t gotten back to me. I’m just a little frustrated because this is so important to us and not hearing when everybody else does is really disheartening

I would continue to call during business hours. Violeta and other office staff were always available and helpful to me the multiple times I called these past two years (I had a lot of questions about applying as a non-trad and started calling schools early).