University of St. Augustine Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For my fellow St Augustine campus friends interviewing this Friday, PM me if you want to meet up after the interview to share how it went.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
i got a reply to a question I asked a 2 weeks ago and she got back to me today. But still said they are still deciding in the next few weeks.
Just emailed Erin yesterday. She said they're still evaluating applications and that I'd hear back within 2-3 weeks......just seems like a long time to be looking at applications if they've already given out interview dates.

Just emailed Erin yesterday. She said they're still evaluating applications and that I'd hear back within 2-3 weeks......just seems like a long time to be looking at applications if they've already given out interview dates.
Does anyone know how many interview dates they have?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure. But I know that people have said this Friday the 10th and I think the 24th are both interview dates. Wonder if they'll have anymore after those though.

I think 2 because the email that invited us to the interview offered two dates

I've also read in some older threads (concerning the st. augustine location) that they have 2 interview dates and if the class doesn't get filled up from those they have another? This is just what i've read from in the past, though so don't take my word for it! It may vary by location as well.

Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi there, of course!

Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.5
pGPA: ~3.4
Last 60 hrs: 3.47
GRE: 160 Q/156 V/4.0 A.W
Observation Hours: 130 ortho outpatient (3 different clinics), 90 pediatric outpatient, 40 inpatient acute

Also feel free to pm me if you want to know more about how the interview and everything went that day!

Congrats! Did your portal update to show the acceptance as well?

Hi! Yes it is updated. However I don't know if the application portal gets updated before the email is sent out because I actually hadn't checked my portal until now. I saw from your other posts that you were also at the 2/24 interview! I hope it went well for you and that you also hear back soon!!

Hi! Yes it is updated. However I don't know if the application portal gets updated before the email is sent out because I actually hadn't checked my portal until now. I saw from your other posts that you were also at the 2/24 interview! I hope it went well for you and that you also hear back soon!!
Thanks so much! I'm hoping to hear back by this Friday since that will mark 2 weeks. I was interviewing for the summer cohort so hopefully they don't take much longer since May is coming up quick. Will you be attending?

For me I knew that I had some things to improve on my application, I was going to apply next year but tried my luck so the rejection would not be a surprise. I had minimum hours and no GRE with a very very old Masters...so that I will all change for next time.
So for me I know 2-3 weeks from now is after the last interview date so that leaves waitlists an rejections...
But again for me that is the case as I also submitted way too late and also I have 2 outstanding.
As for you I am sure if you had a full application that you will still hear. I understand that they are very very delayed this year.
So just hold on for a bit longer...
I gave up really after last week Friday.
But it is OK I feel I don't really deserve it quite yet.
I will be ready next time.

I wish you all the luck...and they have sent interview invitations out a week before so you could still get an invite a week before the 24th
Good luck

Hi there, of course!

Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.5
pGPA: ~3.4
Last 60 hrs: 3.47
GRE: 160 Q/156 V/4.0 A.W
Observation Hours: 130 ortho outpatient (3 different clinics), 90 pediatric outpatient, 40 inpatient acute

Also feel free to pm me if you want to know more about how the interview and everything went that day!
Makes me wish I retook the GRE. I only took it Once and made a 301 4.0 and they were always like yeah that's really good no need to retake it so I never did.

Hi everyone! I interviewed on 2/24 at the Austin campus for the Fall 2017 term, and I received my acceptance email this morning!

Was this the full time Fall cohort or the flex program? I have applied for the austin campus fall cohort and when is spoke with them a couple weeks ago they were still weeding through applicants. Wondering when others will hear about interview invites for austin!

Was this the full time Fall cohort or the flex program? I have applied for the austin campus fall cohort and when is spoke with them a couple weeks ago they were still weeding through applicants. Wondering when others will hear about interview invites for austin!
She said before that it was for the fall. But in the same boat.. Haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
With the San Marcos campus interview coming up in 2 days, I'll be taking their lack of response as a rejection. Good luck to those who made it to the interview.

It seems as if I am the only one on this forum applying for Miami campus. I know they are having an interview tomorrow, but I am constantly being told that my application has not been reviewed yet because they are so behind. I applied back in October, originally for summer, but missing a class so I got moved to fall. Is anyone else having this same issue as me? Do they do like a "pre-review" type thing to see who they are going to review, or are they just telling me they haven't reviewed it when they really have?

Congratulations! I am still waiting to hear back. You are the only one that I see on here that has applied to the flex program fall 2017, so may I ask you what your stats are? I have been harassing Erin every two weeks but she says the same thing every time "You should hear back within the next two weeks." I submitted my application way early so I know that won't impact it. I'm just wondering what the hold up is.

Dear @goodvibes_ ,

Yea, it looks like I'm one of the very few that has applied to the Fall 2017 Flex DPT program at the St. Augustine campus. Did you apply to the Fall 2017 Flex DPT program at the St. Augustine campus as well? I'm going on my interview this Saturday. From what I've been gathering from other people's responses is that there are two interview dates to choose from with the regular program. However, with the flex program, I was only given one interview date as an option. After my interview Saturday, I can give you a roundabout number of how many candidates were there interviewing. I wouldn't give up hope though! I still think you might have a shot! It's quite possible that they may not vibe with some of the candidates they interview. If they don't, they have to have a list of other qualified candidates that they are ready to call in for an interview. So keep a positive mind!

As for my stats and background, in 2012, I received my undergraduate degree in athletic training and my undergrad GPA was a 3.0. I finished my masters degree last year in exercise science and health promotion with a focus on strength and conditioning. My masters GPA was a 3.7. They waived my GRE score because of my masters degree. My prerequisite GPA is a 3.5. I've been working as an athletic trainer at a outpatitnet PT sports medicine clinic for 2.5 years under the mentorship of a USA alumni who also got his MTC from USA. I worked as a graduate teaching assistant during my masters degree and am currently working on publishing research. I have approximately 3,000 observation hours ranging from my work at the outpatient sports medicine clinic and observation hours at 2 different acute care hospitals, pediatrics, and 2 other outpatient clinics. I also have my CSCS and am currently pursuing my professional yoga therapy (PYT) certification for healthcare professionals which is a program founded by a DPT, ATC whose PYT program is affiliated with Medbridge and the BOC for ATC's. I'm also currently an adjunct instructor at the university I received my masters degree from. I taught stress management last fall and am teaching kinesiology this semester.

The rode to my interview has been complex and challenging. I'm coming from a place where I was rejected not once but twice from all of the PTCAS schools I applied to in 2012 and 2013. I thought retaking classes, getting more observation hours in a variety of clinics, and applying earlier would be enough the second time around but it wasn't. That's when I knew that I was going to have to really fight for this and make some major investments and sacrifices if I really wanted to pursue PT. I didn't have a great trend GPA for the last 45 credit hours of my undergrad GPA so that is something that kept me from applying to USA until I got my masters degree.

I just really want to encourage you and everyone else to not give up! If PT is what truly brings you joy and fulfillment in life then keep fighting. Things in life worth having aren't going to be easy to come by. I really think perseverance is one of the main keys to success. So keep you're chin up and keep moving forward! I agree with you, you got your application in early so that really shouldn't be the issue. I got mine in 2 months before the deadline. Just keep a positive perspective on things. Like I said, they still may call you for interview depending on how things go this Saturday. Just know that there are always waitlists and there are always more steps one can take to pursue their dreams. So define your goals, make your plans, and execute. All my mentors told me to keep trying and that's what I would advise all of you to do too, keep trying! If it's meant to be it will be! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
How many are usually accepted in the flex program and full time program at st. Augustine?

How many are usually accepted in the flex program and full time program at st. Augustine?

Dear @Sports Addict,

I'm not 100% sure about the class size. I saw on past forums dating back to 2014 that it's around 30 for Flex and around 50 for the full time program. However, that was 3 years ago so those numbers could have changed since then.

@ptdevotee That's very inspirational. Thanks for that even though it wasn't directed specifically at me, but that really gives me a lot of perspective into things. Also, good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow and hopefully all of us will make it to the other side.

@ptdevotee That's very inspirational. Thanks for that even though it wasn't directed specifically at me, but that really gives me a lot of perspective into things. Also, good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow and hopefully all of us will make it to the other side.

Dear @luknotluck,

I'm really glad to know that my message helped give you some insight and inspiration. We all definitely need to keep encouraging and inspiring one another throughout this entire PT application and interview process. We are all in this together. I pray we all do well in our interviews!

Dear @luknotluck,

I'm really glad to know that my message helped give you some insight and inspiration. We all definitely need to keep encouraging and inspiring one another throughout this entire PT application and interview process. We are all in this together. I pray we all do well in our interviews!
Good luck you guys!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just had an interview with the Miami campus of USA. Can you guys tell me what my chances of getting in are? I was interviewed along with two other applicants by one of the professors. I think I did okay in the interview.

I hope my stats help get me in. I have a 313 GRE with 4.5 for writing. My last 45 credit hours GPA is 4.0 and my prereq GPA is 4.0. I have over 300 PT observation hours including 100 inpatient. My undergraduate degree is in Business. Unfortunately I received some bad grades while trying to get an Engineering degree so that lowers my cumulative GPA to 3.15. Let me know what you think. I will find out in at least 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I just had an interview with the Miami campus of USA. Can you guys tell me what my chances of getting in are based on my stats? I was interviewed along with two other applicants by one of the professors. I did pretty average on the interview and not really good or bad. Thinking back on it, some of my answeres were too short and could have been better.

I hope my stats outway my interview performance to get me in. I have a 313 GRE with 4.5 for writing. My last 45 credit hours GPA is 4.0 and my prereq GPA is 4.0. I have over 300 PT observation hours including 100 inpatient. My undergraduate degree is in Business though. Unfortunately I received some bad grades and a few Fs while trying to get an Engineering degree so that lowers my cumulative GPA to 3.15. Let me know what what you think. I will find out in at least 2 weeks.

Congrats on your interview! I think you have a good chance on getting in. I am still waiting to hear back from them about my application. Did you interview for Summer or Fall? Also, how many people in total did they interview?

Congrats on your interview! I think you have a good chance on getting in. I am still waiting to hear back from them about my application. Did you interview for Summer or Fall? Also, how many people in total did they interview?

Thanks, hopefully everything works out! I am applying for the Fall 2017 term. There were about 50 students total but I noticed a lot of them were applying for the Summer term. We also had a tour of the campus, viewed classes in progress and met with a few current students. Good luck with your application!

Anyone else who interviewed at Austin on 2/24 hear back yet? I know one person did already. Yesterday was the 2 week mark.

For those who applied for the St. Augustine Campus, they said that they have accepted around 53 students in the past. I don't know if that was including flex or not. Acceptances/Declines will be announce on April 1st latest. There are more people interviewing on March 24th than on March 10th. This is what they said at the first interview orientation on March 10th.

For those who applied for the St. Augustine Campus, they said that they have accepted around 53 students in the past. I don't know if that was including flex or not. Acceptances/Declines will be announce on April 1st latest. There are more people interviewing on March 24th than on March 10th. This is what they said at the first interview orientation on March 10th.

I just interviewed yesterday for the Flex DPT program at the St. Augustine campus. They said they normally accept around 30 students for the Flex DPT program.

Last edited:
Thanks, hopefully everything works out! I am applying for the Fall 2017 term. There were about 50 students total but I noticed a lot of them were applying for the Summer term. We also had a tour of the campus, viewed classes in progress and met with a few current students. Good luck with your application!
Hi, How was your interview? Which group you were in?

I thought they said they accept 30 for flex and 30 for full time but I may be mistaken. There were a couple, no more than 10 OT candidates there. The rest of us I would estimate close to 25-35 ( somebody correct me if I am wrong) Were PT candidates. I want to say all of us were flex DPT candidates. I didn't get a look at everybodys name tag about which program. But they did say they always interview twice as many of the available spots. So there will be another interview date. Being a flex DPT candidate I wasn't given a choice on my interview date. There were young people and older people. Candidates with master degrees. Candidates from different back grounds also. I know in my group, I was from Alabama, one person was from Michigan, and the other from New York.

I thought they said they accept 30 for flex and 30 for full time but I may be mistaken. There were a couple, no more than 10 OT candidates there. The rest of us I would estimate close to 25-35 ( somebody correct me if I am wrong) Were PT candidates. I want to say all of us were flex DPT candidates. I didn't get a look at everybodys name tag about which program. But they did say they always interview twice as many of the available spots. So there will be another interview date. Being a flex DPT candidate I wasn't given a choice on my interview date. There were young people and older people. Candidates with master degrees. Candidates from different back grounds also. I know in my group, I was from Alabama, one person was from Michigan, and the other from New York.
Yea I believe they said we have about a 50% chance of getting in.

Received my interview invite for Austin Campus Full Time Fall 2017 Cohort today for March 24th!

for all those with low gpas out of college, just keep in mind st augustine locks in your gpa after your bachelors

so the last 45 or gpa trend goes towards your bachelors, or if you did a masters. if you didnt it does not count towards that. that is what they told me today in a webinar

I received an invitation to interview for Full time Fall 2017 at the Austin campus on March 24th.

for all those with low gpas out of college, just keep in mind st augustine locks in your gpa after your bachelors

so the last 45 or gpa trend goes towards your bachelors, or if you did a masters. if you didnt it does not count towards that. that is what they told me today in a webinar

So are you saying that classes you take/retake after your bachelors aren't counted towards your trend GPA? Do they count towards your cGPA at least?

So are you saying that classes you take/retake after your bachelors aren't counted towards your trend GPA? Do they count towards your cGPA at least?

all they mentioned was that your cGPA would be locked in after your bachelors. anything after that wouldnt be counted towards that. Maybe the trend gpa would work, but they did not discuss anything about that per se.

do you two mind sharing your stats? Still haven't heard ;//
This. I haven't heard either
Mine are 3.6 PGPA and 301 4.0 GRE.... So don't know why I haven't yet.

Last edited:
I received an invitation to interview for Full time Fall 2017 at the Austin campus on March 24th.
Congratulations.
I had honestly given up.
But there it was in my inbox an invitation for full time fall intake in St Augustine on March 24th!
Anyone else?

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations.
I had honestly given up.
But there it was in my inbox an invitation for full time fall intake in St Augustine on March 24th!
Anyone else?
Wow congrats. Glad you got an invite. Still haven't heard anything. But it doesn't look good for me..

Congratulations.
I had honestly given up.
Anyone else?
Also when did you get the email?

I'm not losing hope for Austin full time for fall. It took them until Feb to fill the summer May seats... And fall takes them even longer to fill traditionally. Really wish I retook the gre now though... Thought 301 4.0 was good though so didn't feel the need.

Hi everyone! I interviewed on 2/24 at the Austin campus for the Fall 2017 term, and I received my acceptance email this morning!

That's great! I just received an email today inviting me to the interview on 3/24 at St Augustine for fall 2017 term. Mind sharing your interview experience and some of the questions that were asked?? Thank you!

Just got my email to Interview on 3/24 for the Austin, TX Campus for Fall 2017, anyone else hear back??

Hi There! I bought my suit yesterday and am headed for Austins campus to interview next friday. Would you mind sharing your experience and/or questions? Hoping to set myself up the best possible to be enrolled in the Fall cohort!

For the girls, are you wearing heels? Does that go against the PT comfort thing?
Need to get a suit too

do you two mind sharing your stats? Still haven't heard ;//

I have:
GRE: 150 verbal/152 math and 4.0 writing
Major: Exercise Science and minor in psychology
overall GPA: 3.3
pre reqGPA: 3.7
Last 45 credits: 3.7
Volunteer: 2000 hours outpatient clinic (paid Aide for year and a half)
Additional: have EMT certification