University of St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I called Emily Staub and she said that everyone was out because of spring break, and she had hoped to get our admissions decisions back to us earlier but I’m thinking we won’t hear back for another week. She sounded like she didn’t know when they’d get to it.

Reactions: 1 user
I called Emily Staub and she said that everyone was out because of spring break, and she had hoped to get our admissions decisions back to us earlier but I’m thinking we won’t hear back for another week. She sounded like she didn’t know when they’d get to it.
Thanks for the update! I've been checking my email like crazy!

Thanks for the update! I've been checking my email like crazy!
Not another week of excessive email checking :( thanks for the update. I'm really hoping to find out sooner than later. Good news is that Emily had hinted that the people who had interviewed on the 15th had a good chance of being accepted bc we were the first batch to be interviewed for the fall cohort so I'm crossing my fingers !

Not another week of excessive email checking :( thanks for the update. I'm really hoping to find out sooner than later. Good news is that Emily had hinted that the people who had interviewed on the 15th had a good chance of being accepted bc we were the first batch to be interviewed for the fall cohort so I'm crossing my fingers !
Does this mean everyone who is part of the last batch has a lower chance?? Yikes. Pretty sure next week is the last day of interviews.

Does this mean everyone who is part of the last batch has a lower chance?? Yikes. Pretty sure next week is the last day of interviews.
Honestly, I think that's the case. But I'm not entirely sure. I was under the impression the impression that a majority of the first batch could get accepted even though there is a second interview date. They would still need to waitlist people from the second batch even if that was the case. We don't have the option to be waitlisted it's only accepted or declined but I believe you guys have the waitlist option since you are second to interview.

I heard back yesterday that I was accepted to the fall 2018 residential DPT program

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I think that's the case. But I'm not entirely sure. I was under the impression the impression that a majority of the first batch could get accepted even though there is a second interview date. They would still need to waitlist people from the second batch even if that was the case. We don't have the option to be waitlisted it's only accepted or declined but I believe you guys have the waitlist option since you are second to interview.
Is this for fall or summer interviews?

Is this for fall or summer interviews?
I think it was for the Fall interviews. I was part of the San Marcos interview on 2/16 and they told us that we were the first group to be interviewed.

Has there already been an interview at the Austin campus for full-time?

Reactions: 1 users
Doesn't seem like many people from the Feb 16th interview date in San Marcos are posting if they were accepted or not. I'm just curious about how many people have been accepted so far haha. I know they've already sent out some acceptances. I was also wondering if anyone knows the size for USA's fall dpt cohorts.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like many people from the Feb 16th interview date in San Marcos are posting if they were accepted or not. I'm just curious about how many people have been accepted so far haha. I know they've already sent out some acceptances. I was also wondering if anyone knows the size for USA's fall dpt cohorts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the fall cohort is 55? If you received an interview it's looking pretty good for you seeing as they had 1000 applicants per cohort.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the fall cohort is 55? If you received an interview it's looking pretty good for you seeing as they had 1000 applicants per cohort.
Ahh okay thanks! Yeah I actually got accepted for the fall 2018 full time dpt program this past Thursday but I just wanted to get an idea of how many other people were also accepted and how many spots are left.

Ahh okay thanks! Yeah I actually got accepted for the fall 2018 full time dpt program this past Thursday but I just wanted to get an idea of how many other people were also accepted and how many spots are left.
Which campus did you get accepted to?

Ended up getting accepted in the San Marcos campus as well! Hope to meet you all!

Does St. Augustine waitlist people? I haven't heard of a ton of people not being accepted.

Does St. Augustine waitlist people? I haven't heard of a ton of people not being accepted.
They don't waitlist the first batch of interviewers. Only the second rounders get waitlisted bc it's dependent on whether or not the first round interviewers accept their offers or not

Has there already been an interview at the Austin campus for full-time?
I am interviewing for the Fall 2018 DPT Residential Program at the Austin Campus this Friday, March 16th! Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
I am interviewing for the Fall 2018 DPT Residential Program at the Austin Campus this Friday, March 16th! Anyone else?
I am as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone there! Does anyone know if any other applicants have interviewed for the Austin campus? Does anyone know how many applicants will be interviewed vs accepted?

Interviewed on 2/16 San Marcos and got accepted late last week!

Also interviewed on 2/16/18 for San Marcos and got accepted last week! Not sure if I'll be accepting yet... its so expensive!

The people who have been accepted - do you mind sharing your stats?

The people who have been accepted - do you mind sharing your stats?
Hey Cooper
I interviewed 2/16, accepted 3/8
Major: Kinesiology, 2016
cum GPA: 3.16
pre GPA: 3.63
Last 60: 3.8
GRE: V/Q/W 155/157/4.5
Volunteer experience: 125 outpatient sports clinic, 125 outpatient hospital setting, 2000+ inpatient SNF, 7 years middle school basketball coach, bunch of other volunteer settings.

Fellow low GPA people, don't give up! Keep trying and don't be dissuaded! you never know unless you try.

Last edited:
I interviewed on 2/16 at the San Marcos campus, and I got my acceptance email on 3/8.

Major: Molecular, Cell and Developmental Bio
cum GPA: 3.4
pre GPA: 3.7
Last 60: 3.8
GRE: V/Q/W 152/160/4.0

Volunteering: 2000+ hrs in outpatient (pediatric, ortho, hand-therapy, Lymphedema), ~30 hrs. outpatient

I have a couple friends that are in the program, and they had low GPA's. They like to see people that keep working on their application (retaking courses, volunteer work, etc.). Like NitsujDPT said, "don't give up! Keep trying!" It just takes one school to accept you into their program.

For those of you accepted to the San Marcos campus, have any of you guys received the email with the enrollment forms and tuition deposit info?? I haven't received that yet!

Has anyone that interviewed at the St Augustine campus in February heard anything yet?

For those of you accepted to the San Marcos campus, have any of you guys received the email with the enrollment forms and tuition deposit info?? I haven't received that yet!

nothing yet. they did say.. we'll receive something "several weeks" from now lol. i wont be surprised if theyre waiting until the class fills up before sending the enrollment info.

nothing yet. they did say.. we'll receive something "several weeks" from now lol. i wont be surprised if theyre waiting until the class fills up before sending the enrollment info.
Got it, thank you! I read that in the acceptance email as well, but then I was looking at the forms we received from the interview and it said something about us receiving all of the enrollment forms with our acceptance email lol just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who didn't receive those yet!

Has anyone from the first group of Austin interviews heard back?

I know this is super last minute (seeing how my interview is Friday) but I got accepted to a program that I am pretty content with, is it bad if I don’t go to my USA interview? I am kind of seeing it as an added expense and kind of an inconvenience since it is a far drive. I know I should have made a decision Long ago but the date kind of crept up on me..

I know this is super last minute (seeing how my interview is Friday) but I got accepted to a program that I am pretty content with, is it bad if I don’t go to my USA interview? I am kind of seeing it as an added expense and kind of an inconvenience since it is a far drive. I know I should have made a decision Long ago but the date kind of crept up on me..

I was in the exact same situation you were in, but several weeks back. If you know for 100% sure that you do not want to attend USA over the other program, I would email Emily and let her know you will not be participating in the USA interview. I was getting ready for an interview at another program, but got accepted to a program closer to home and decided to cancel my interview attendance the day before the interview. Although it doesn't look the best, I'm sure the program appreciates you letting them know regardless of how soon the interview is approaching. This not only allows you to not waste any of your time or money, but also opens up an opportunity for someone else. Hope this helps! :)

Anyone else just get real nervous for the interview in Austin tomorrow??

Anyone else just get real nervous for the interview in Austin tomorrow??
If the Austin interview is anything like the St. Aug interview then you really have nothing to worry about. The best advice I could give you is to stop over thinking how you are going to respond to specific questions and just harness your confidence and be yourself. That was literally the extent of my preparation for the interview and I felt like it went great. The more you try to live it inside your head before it happens the more nervous you will be so just chill out and be yourself.

Btw, for the St. Aug folks, just found out that acceptance/denial emails for the first interview batch will be sent out either today or tomorrow. Best of luck !

Reactions: 2 users
If the Austin interview is anything like the St. Aug interview then you really have nothing to worry about. The best advice I could give you is to stop over thinking how you are going to respond to specific questions and just harness your confidence and be yourself. That was literally the extent of my preparation for the interview and I felt like it went great. The more you try to live it inside your head before it happens the more nervous you will be so just chill out and be yourself.

Btw, for the St. Aug folks, just found out that acceptance/denial emails for the first interview batch will be sent out either today or tomorrow. Best of luck !
Have you heard anything yet?

I got an email for an interview for the St. Augustine campus on March 16!! Anyone else?!

My stats are:
Overall GPA:3.57
Pre-Req: I’m not too sure honestly, but I’m thinking near my overall, possibly a bit higher .
GRE: 149 both sections and 4.0 Writing

How is everyone feeling/preparing? I’m waitlisted at 2 other schools so I’m really nervous! I really want to nail this interview!
Same dude, I waitlisted for 2 schools and im counting for USA now; I interview tomorrow so hope to see you there!

Last edited:
interview today peeps ahoy! eat a hearty breakfast!