University of St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard back for the fall St. Augustine campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
If the Austin interview is anything like the St. Aug interview then you really have nothing to worry about. The best advice I could give you is to stop over thinking how you are going to respond to specific questions and just harness your confidence and be yourself. That was literally the extent of my preparation for the interview and I felt like it went great. The more you try to live it inside your head before it happens the more nervous you will be so just chill out and be yourself.

Btw, for the St. Aug folks, just found out that acceptance/denial emails for the first interview batch will be sent out either today or tomorrow. Best of luck !
Where did you hear we’d find out soon?

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you hear we’d find out soon?
Wow! I'm excited and nervous. I had my interview today. The staff and SDPT were phenomenal. Very friendly and treat each other like family.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the first round of interviews at the Austin campus for residential heard back yet? Also, how many applicants were there interviewing?

Has anyone from the first round of interviews at the Austin campus for residential heard back yet? Also, how many applicants were there interviewing?
When were the first round of interviews?

I want to say the first round of interviews for the Austin campus was on march 16th because I've looked through past posts on this thread and I don't think I have seen any earlier dates for an interview for the Austin Residential fall 2018 cohort.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed last Friday at the Austin campus. There was a mix of summer and fall applicants, but I think it was the first interview date that fall applicants were at.

I interviewed last Friday at the Austin campus. There was a mix of summer and fall applicants, but I think it was the first interview date that fall applicants were at.
Not sure how they did it with the Austin campus, but I interviewed on 2/16 for the fall cohort at the Miami campus.

Has anyone figured out yet if the March 16th interview last Friday was the first or second interview date for the Austin campus?

/n
Has anyone figured out yet if the March 16th interview last Friday was the first or second interview date for the Austin campus?
I think it was the first interview date for fall applicants, but I don't think it was the first date for the summer applicants

Has anyone else heard back yet from the St. Augustine February interview?

so do we still not know if anybody has been accepted into the fall 2018 residential program in Austin yet?

Has anyone else heard back yet from the St. Augustine February interview?
I heard back last Friday. I'm still waiting on the advisor to send me the link to officially accept and pay the security deposit

I just called admissions at San Marcos asking about the enrollment forms and deposit. They told me that they were working on getting the second email out to all of the accepted students for Fall. This email will include the instructions on what our next steps should be, enrollment forms and when the deposit will be due. As of right now, we don't have to worry about losing our spots because we haven't paid our deposits yet. The next email will tell us when the deposit deadline will be.

Reactions: 2 users
I just called admissions at San Marcos asking about the enrollment forms and deposit. They told me that they were working on getting the second email out to all of the accepted students for Fall. This email will include the instructions on what our next steps should be, enrollment forms and when the deposit will be due. As of right now, we don't have to worry about losing our spots because we haven't paid our deposits yet. The next email will tell us when the deposit deadline will be.
Thanks for the info!

Anyone going to be attending the Miami campus in the fall?

so do we still not know if anybody has been accepted into the fall 2018 residential program in Austin yet?
Hey for those of us who are asking about USA DPT Austin, TX acceptances for Fall 2018, I did a quick search on Facebook to see if anyone had posted a congratulatory post regarding admissions and I found two individuals. Both were accepted for Fall 2018 start in early March- so I believe they have had at least one group of interviewees for Fall cohort (I'm assuming in February at some point!)

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
. I’m not sure! I was accepted into MGH in Boston back in December and I’m on the waitlist at Idaho State. I’m so terrible with decisions, so I’ve got a lot to think about.

Have you accepted your spot at MGH? I was waitlisted there, which was a huge bummer because I really wanted to go there.

Hey all! I am considering applying to USA's St. Augustine campus but I am trying to learn a little more about the school. I was wondering if you all could tell me about what made you choose USA?

Hey all! I am considering applying to USA's St. Augustine campus but I am trying to learn a little more about the school. I was wondering if you all could tell me about what made you choose USA?
Its a school that totally prides itself on professionalism. They have opportunities to visit their campuses which I did before I applied. Everything is in one building which makes the program feel very small, to me thats a plus because its a doctorate program and I want everything I need close at hand!

Have you accepted your spot at MGH? I was waitlisted there, which was a huge bummer because I really wanted to go there.
I put down my deposit for MGH back in January. It’s been MGH and ISU for me. It’s a $100k difference between the schools, which I keep coming back to. Other than that cost, MGH would be my number one. I just don’t know yet. Number 3 on the waitlist at ISU and since they are opening their new location, the first 24 or so off the waitlist will be accepted.

I put down my deposit for MGH back in January. It’s been MGH and ISU for me. It’s a $100k difference between the schools, which I keep coming back to. Other than that cost, MGH would be my number one. I just don’t know yet. Number 3 on the waitlist at ISU and since they are opening their new location, the first 24 or so off the waitlist will be accepted.

Well I mean it is 100K ... I can totally understand. I'm sure a lot of people are in your same predicament. Its nice that ISU told you where you stand on the waitlist. Wish MGH would tell me

Anyone from the March 16th interview at Austin remember Jill Jennings say that she would notify us within a week and a half of the interview of our acceptance? Or was I dreaming that? Haha

Anyone from the March 16th interview at Austin remember Jill Jennings say that she would notify us within a week and a half of the interview of our acceptance? Or was I dreaming that? Haha
I definitely remember her saying that lmbo

Do any of you remember about roughly how many people at the Mar 16th interview were summer/fall/OT/flex?

At the St. Augustine Campus interview? --> Everyone except maybe a handful of people were for the fall full time program. I think there was a completely separate interview for FLEX and the OT's were separated from the PT. I would say there were about 100 people interviewing.

At the St. Augustine Campus interview? --> Everyone except maybe a handful of people were for the fall full time program. I think there was a completely separate interview for FLEX and the OT's were separated from the PT. I would say there were about 100 people interviewing.

DPTMO was right that only a handful were summer applicants. Idk how many pt there was but it looked like a big group and for OT it seemed like there was maybe 50 people.

Do any of you remember about roughly how many people at the Mar 16th interview were summer/fall/OT/flex?
Sorry I didn't say which campus. I was going for the Austin location!

Sorry I didn't say which campus. I was going for the Austin location!
Hey at the Austin March 16th interview, I would say there was approximately:
50-60 DPT, 1/2 summer, 1/2 fall
50-60 OT (didnt ask or pay attention just because I’m going for PT and they split us up for a portion of the interview day)

And a handful of those positions were Flex (maybe 10 total? Again should have paid more attention)

Hope that helps!

Hey at the Austin March 16th interview, I would say there was approximately:
50-60 DPT, 1/2 summer, 1/2 fall
50-60 OT (didnt ask or pay attention just because I’m going for PT and they split us up for a portion of the interview day)

And a handful of those positions were Flex (maybe 10 total? Again should have paid more attention)

Hope that helps!
Thank you! Didn't they advertise their summer class to the fall students as well since they had positions to fill?

Thank you! Didn't they advertise their summer class to the fall students as well since they had positions to fill?
Yes they did, they are trying to fill those slots. Requirement was that you have a bachelors and all of your prerequisites completed before May 10th to be considered for summer start!

Anyone else have an interview scheduled for San Marcos Fall 2018? And does anyone know how many spots are left open, assuming they share this detail.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if they’re still sending decisions from the February St. Augustine campus interview?

Anyone else have an interview scheduled for San Marcos Fall 2018? And does anyone know how many spots are left open, assuming they share this detail.

Thanks in advance
I have an interview set up with USA San Marcos coming up....not sure if its a good or bad thing.