University of St. Augustine Spring 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard anything yet.

B.S. Exercise Science U. West Florida
3.4 last 45
3.5 pre
148 V 148 Q 4.0 writing
500+ hours

Best luck to eveyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey killainmanila, what were your stats? Anybody else get an interview yet, I am going crazy not knowing now

I emailed the admissions coordinator asking when we will be notified of our admission status. She said they're hoping to make decisions by the end of the week & to keep an eye on your inbox/myUSA portal cuz that's how they'll notify us! Ahhh I'm so nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe killainmanila is not being very truthful. Erika said we will be hearing back via email/USA portal. For him to say he got a call on Monday is a lie I believe. He definitely got me worried, but I don't think they have let anybody know yet so we can relax a tiny bit.

I believe killainmanila is not being very truthful. Erika said we will be hearing back via email/USA portal. For him to say he got a call on Monday is a lie I believe. He definitely got me worried, but I don't think they have let anybody know yet so we can relax a tiny bit.

I thought that post was odd as well.

Do you think we will hear back this Friday then?

Are we supposed to have access to the USA webmail on the left-hand side of the page after logging into the portal? When I clicked the USA webmail, it asked for a username and password, and it said, "You do not have permission to view this directory or page".

Do you think we will hear back this Friday then?

Are we supposed to have access to the USA webmail on the left-hand side of the page after logging into the portal? When I clicked the USA webmail, it asked for a username and password, and it said, "You do not have permission to view this directory or page".

They'll probably send us an email to the address we provided on our application. I assume they will change our admission status on our USA portal once they have made a decision too.

I just checked my.usa.edu and my application status says I have been invited for an interview. An email is supposed to be sent in the next couple of days with the interview date. This is for the FL campus

I just checked mine too, and I have the same message that I was invited. This is for the San Marcos campus

Anyone apply for Austin as their first choice? Austin was my only pick, but my status still says application under review.

I just checked mine too, I got an interview for San Marcos. What a relief. Congrats to all

Austin was my second choice. Under my admission status for this choice it still states that it is my second choice. No updated info on it. From my past experience, Austin is always the last location to notify of interviews and acceptance. They also accept fewer students at this location compared to the other two. I'm sure this is due to the fact that the campus has not been open very long.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for Austin and have not heard anything back, either. I put down 2nd and 3rd choices, but they did not show up on my account.

Thanks for the info. I was getting worried. I hope that means there is still a chance. Congrats on the interview Cajuns.

I was just offered an interview at the Florida campus, but plan to decline since I was accepted at one of my top choices already. I hope this opens up another invitation for another applicant, and I wish you all the best of luck!

I see from a previous thread for spring 2013 - Austin that interviews were in September...and it seems that applicants for Austin were notified for an interview to Austin around the time that san marcos and st. augustine, fl applicants were notified of acceptance or not (sometime in august).

I got the email this afternoon about an interview at the Florida campus. See you all there!

I also got an email today for an interview in Florida! Congrats everyone :)

Got an invitation to their San Marcos campus on Aug 2nd! Good luck to everyone else & congrats to those who got interviews

I emailed admissions today asking when we would be notified if we have an interview for the Austin campus and she said within the next couple weeks. I guess I should stop checking my status every hour!

I emailed admissions today asking when we would be notified if we have an interview for the Austin campus and she said within the next couple weeks. I guess I should stop checking my status every hour!

LOL I guess I should too!
Thanks for the information.

Well now that we can all breathe easy about hearing back about the interview..

Anyone have any idea of what they may ask us during the interview or what the essay topic may be? Any insight from previous interviews would be really helpful! :D

Well now that we can all breathe easy about hearing back about the interview..

Anyone have any idea of what they may ask us during the interview or what the essay topic may be? Any insight from previous interviews would be really helpful! :D

Pretty typical stuff. They want to know about you, where you're from, where you went to undergrad, what brought you to this point in your life. I was asked why PT instead of other healthcare jobs. How do you plan to deal with the stress of PT school? How do plan on dealing with the fact that you may not be an overachiever in PT school since it can be quite difficult at times compared to undergrad? What is an unethical situation you've encountered in your clinical experience and how did you deal with it?

My essay question was how do you plan on dealing with the stress of grad school? Everyone had a different topic.

The interview, overall, was really laid back. They just want to get to know you and make sure your personality will work in the school environment and as a clinician.

Good luck.

I got an interview also on aug 2 at San Marcos. Anybody know, roughly, how many people they interview vs. accept?

howdy y'all, i, too, will be at san marcos campus on aug 2 for the interview. i'm super excited for the opportunity and, of course, to meet my potential peers. best of luck to you all :)

I got an interview also on aug 2 at San Marcos. Anybody know, roughly, how many people they interview vs. accept?

upon reviewing past threads, i've read there have been as many as ~100 invited to interview (for fall). considering there are probably fewer applicants for spring (as well as for summer), i'd imagine that number to be lower accordingly proportionally. in terms of acceptance, i've read each trimester cohort is about 50-60 students, but that number is not necessarily fixed. there's a user going by the name NewTestament (AKA. Kevin, a current student at Florida campus) who has said on numerous occasions that if you are invited to an interview, you have a good shot at admittance. take that however you will. hope it helps.

a user going by the name NewTestament (AKA. Kevin, a current student at Florida campus) who has said on numerous occasions that if you are invited to an interview, you have a good shot at admittance. take that however you will. hope it helps.

Yes that's right. I'm not making any guarantees, but they only interview 80-100 applicants for each class, and they accept about 60 DPT classes per class. The classes seem to be growing in size too. Be prepared to right impromptu, be honest, be sincere, and be yourself. If you get to the interview, you have a good chance of being accepted. See you all on August 2nd.

Kevin

I applied mid May right before my vacation. I called them around late May/early June, confirming that they received my application. I received a call a little over a month later from San Marcos to schedule an interview, originally for the August 2nd group. However, they asked me if I'd be interested in starting earlier... like next month earlier, so I opted for an earlier interview. I ended up going this past Monday.

I honestly didn't keep track of my stats when I sent it in but these are my rough estimates.

BS in Kinesiology 2.8?
Prereq GPA 3.8?
GRE 154 V 158 Q 3.5 writing?
2 years working as a physical therapy aide (3000+ hours, but I think I only logged 800 hours of it)

I believe in terms of numbers, as long as you make the minimum, they will consider you. Judging by the numbers I've seen on this website recently, my specs are quite average. What makes the difference are your references, the essays, resume, etc.

Also, I applied to the FLEX program which is MUCH less competitive. They still have a lot of openings for this upcoming Fall session in San Marcos. (Only around 15 out of 25 slots are filled for Fall so far. I think the semester prior was 9 out of 25.)

By the way, accusing someone of lying is not cool. I may have been contacted earlier than other people because of numerous things: my application was sent in early, processed basically when everyone else was just getting theirs submitted, AND I am perhaps being considered as a late entry into the Fall program.

Aaaand I'm a girl :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think that many of us thought you were referring to being offered an interview for the non-flex DPT program starting Spring 2014 since you did not mention that until later on. Just a misunderstanding.

this might be completely of topic but is the application done on paper only or is there an online application?

this might be completely of topic but is the application done on paper only or is there an online application?

they have only a paper app as far as i know. (maybe consider starting your own thread for an off-topic question next time? if you title your thread appropriately, people will gladly respond.)

they have only a paper app as far as i know. (maybe consider starting your own thread for an off-topic question next time? if you title your thread appropriately, people will gladly respond.)

I think that would be a waste to start a new topic for a question like that. This is a catch-all thread for St. Augustine admission, I think it's an appropriate place for it.

so all of you guys wrote your application by hand...or did you guys input with the computer?

It is a paper application. I did mine using a PDF giller application so I didn't have to write it myself. Seems a lot more professional. I don't know about everybody else

wrote mine by hand. if you have pdf filler type app readily available, go for it. i agree it'll probably feel more professional.

@hookemhorns82, i felt it was inappropriate (albeit slightly) in the sense that this particular thread is geared more toward spring admissions, for which the application period has already past. granted, creating a new thread might be a waste -- perhaps bumping another old usa thread with the question.

I just called the admissions office again to ask about Austin and they said they will be reviewing our applications for ANOTHER 2-3 weeks and holding the interview in early September. Feeling anxious!

Hey all! Really excited to meet everyone in San Marcos next Friday. Is anyone traveling from the east coast? Good luck to all of us!:D

This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the dress code is for the interview? The info we got when we received the interview notification made it seem like a suit wasn't necessary and just said no sneakers, jeans, t-shirts but now I'm second guessing myself... ahhh

This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the dress code is for the interview? The info we got when we received the interview notification made it seem like a suit wasn't necessary and just said no sneakers, jeans, t-shirts but now I'm second guessing myself... ahhh
Hi, from everything that I have read in this forum it looks like they place a lot of emphasis on professionalism. So I would imagine that professional dress would be the right way to go, as in a suit.
Its always better to be overdressed anyway.

Professional attire. Pretend you're interviewing for a job. Look good.

Suit. At the very least, shirt and tie. It's an interview for professional school, look the part.

Hi HookEmHorns82,

Which campus did you interview for?

not sure where you got the idea that a suit wasn't necessary... the linked pdf within the email very explicitly says the following:

5. What should I wear?
Dress for the day is professional. For men that means a dress shirt, tie and pants (with or
without a jacket). For ladies that means dress pants, blouse, dress or suit.

Hey all! Really excited to meet everyone in San Marcos next Friday. Is anyone traveling from the east coast? Good luck to all of us!:D

My friend from undergrad and I are flying out from Cincinnati.

From what I've heard from others who have gotten in to USA is that professionalism is huge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard you're required to even dress pretty well for everyday class (no sweats or gym clothes).

Good luck to you all and hope to meet some new people!

My friend from undergrad and I are flying out from Cincinnati.

From what I've heard from others who have gotten in to USA is that professionalism is huge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard you're required to even dress pretty well for everyday class (no sweats or gym clothes).

Good luck to you all and hope to meet some new people!

The dress code is not as stringent or draconian as you've been told. I wear shorts, sandals (no flip flops, however), and a fleece to keep me warm in the air-conditioned building. Most students wear jeans, khakis, and polo shirts.

Many times you will be in lab clothes anyway. Lab clothes include white shirts and shorts.

Kevin

whoooo boyyyyyy... the date is upon us! i am nervous and anxious but oh so excited! see some of y'all in 10 hours! :O

What did everyone think about their interviews today?!