This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those applying to Spring 2019: Are you guys also applying to a few other schools when the PTCAS cycle opens up next month?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope so! His gre was 2 points under what they recommend but he has everything else
Can I ask what his GRE and GPA are? I'm really nervous and just trying to see how I compare to everyone else...

For those applying to Spring 2019: Are you guys also applying to a few other schools when the PTCAS cycle opens up next month?
So what I'm doing is having my stuff sent over to PTCAS. It's cheap. There is one school that I am applying for because their application closes in August. I am going to have everything ready to go, but I'm only going to submit the rest of my applications if I don't get in to USA. To me, it does not make much sense to apply if I know that I will go to USA if I get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what his GRE and GPA are? I'm really nervous and just trying to see how I compare to everyone else...
Sure, his GRE was 292, writing a 4, I think Saint Augustine recommends 294. His Overall GPA was 3.4 and Prereq GPA was around a 3.6 I believe. But hes also been a physical therapy tech for a fews years in outpatient and skilled nursing so he has a lot of hours. As well as him being a personal trainer on the side.

Sure, his GRE was 292, writing a 4, I think Saint Augustine recommends 294. His Overall GPA was 3.4 and Prereq GPA was around a 3.6 I believe. But hes also been a physical therapy tech for a fews years in outpatient and skilled nursing so he has a lot of hours. As well as him being a personal trainer on the side.
Haha sounds like me. I'm an aide. I've got over 2000 hours at an outpatient clinic and I'm a personal trainer with two additional certifications.

I got accepted into the Summer of 2018. I turned down the offer for a better opportunity, but when going through the application cycle, these forums helped me A LOT! I thought I'd give back by sharing my personal statement for others to have an example. Best of Luck!

Here is some encouragement too for those with low cGPAs...

My stats:
GRE:147V/159Q/5AW
pGPA: 3.85
Last 45: 3.80
cGPA: 2.97

Attachments

• USA Statement of Purpose Write Up.docx
    14.1 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted into the Summer of 2018. I turned down the offer for a better opportunity, but when going through the application cycle, these forums helped me A LOT! I thought I'd give back by sharing my personal statement for others to have an example. Best of Luck!

My stats:
Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you have any advice as far as interviewing?
I have a 3.7 pGPA and a 3.6 cGPA
My test scores are 148 Q, 152 V, and 5.5 W
I have over 2,000 hours in 4 different settings, plus I am a personal trainer with a few other certifications. I'm very nervous, and anxious to hear back. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you have any advice as far as interviewing?
I have a 3.7 pGPA and a 3.6 cGPA
My test scores are 148 Q, 152 V, and 5.5 W
I have over 2,000 hours in 4 different settings, plus I am a personal trainer with a few other certifications. I'm very nervous, and anxious to hear back. Any advice would be much appreciated :)
So my friend ended up getting in! I know yall have similar stats and experiences so I think you will be fine.

So my friend ended up getting in! I know yall have similar stats and experiences so I think you will be fine.
That's awesome! I'm going stir crazy waiting to hear back. Have you already submitted your application? And are you applying to the Austin campus as well?

So Ive been speaking back and forth to one of the enrollment advisors and in regard to what they look for, here is some info.(copy and pasted the transcript)

Admissions does look at applications holistically. They will be looking at your application as a whole considering everything that you bring forward. We still encourage students to apply if they have a lower cumulative GPA because there are other areas of your application that admissions will review. If you cumulative GPA is below a 3.0, we do suggest that your prerequisite GPA does meet or exceed the 3.0 GPA. This is a GPA that you can control because we do take the higher grade if you retake a course. Another area admissions looks at is your GRE score. The recommended score is at least a 294 and a 3.5 in the writing.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know I just heard back about an interview!! July 20th at the Austin campus :) has anyone else heard back?

That's awesome! I'm going stir crazy waiting to hear back. Have you already submitted your application? And are you applying to the Austin campus as well?
He applied to the St. Augustine location

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know I just heard back about an interview!! July 20th at the Austin campus :) has anyone else heard back?
Congrats! When was your application officially submitted? I am waiting to hear from USA Austin campus as well.

Members don't see this ad :)

My stats:
If you don't mind sharing, what school did you end up attending?

I got invited to interview on that date as well!

Nice! When was your application officially submitted? I'm starting to go stir crazy because I haven't heard anything yet, but my application was submitted last minute because I was originally planning to apply for a different start date.

Nice! When was your application officially submitted? I'm starting to go stir crazy because I haven't heard anything yet, but my application was submitted last minute because I was originally planning to apply for a different start date.

It had been in the works for a bit and I had been in touch with one of the admissions people for a while but I didn’t get it completely submitted until the last day. Found out at the last minute I had to extend my statement

Hey guys, I am going to be sending in my application for the San Marcos soon! My GPA was kinda iffy from engineering a few years ago but this is definitely one of the most unique ones out there in terms of prereqs!
I hope I can get called in for an interview or at least be competitive!

My stats:
GRE:163V/154Q/4.0AW
pGPA: ~3.65
Last 45: 3.95 (If I calculated this correctly and they don't use + or - )
cGPA: 3.26
Hours : 110 outpatient, 100 Pediatrics/Neuro

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the statement of purpose? I'm going to email their admissions and ask but just thought I'd see if anyone here has already done it and know what's best. All their website says is to write a short statement about why PT and why their school, but no details about how long or short it should be
I just used my PTCAS prompts and some other prompts I found online. I didn't include the prompt question, but it made it extremely easy to write it.

Hey dont mean to steal your thread but St. Augustine is my dream school for PT (I LOVE saint augustine, favorite city)

Anyways, I'm a Biology Major and will graduate with a BS in Bio and a minor in BioMedical Physics.

Classes are hard, (organic chem, genetics, micro, biomedical physics)
Overall GPA: 2.98 (****)
Upper level GPA: 3.14
Prerequisite GPA: USA website: 3.35? (I'm confused, it says labs dont count, and the letter grade includes +/-?
Hours in field as Rehab tech: 680 and counting
Last 60: 2.94 (Failed Calculus, C's in organic chem)
GRE: 308 total, 156 Verbal, 152 Quant, 3.5 writing (Saving grace)

I'm retaking the GRE to boost it, I didnt study the first time.

Is my GPA too low? I'd be pretty bummed if I had to take more courses, but I'm willing to. I already have 160+ credits (bad advising at community college).

I'm applying to anywhere that will take me. But St. Augustine's residential program is my first choice.

Does anyone have any idea what the class schedules like in St. Augustine?

Like are we (hypothetically of course) going to have class essentially 9-5 m-f? Just curious.

Hey no worries you're not stealing the thread, it's open to everyone! But I can definitely relate to your stats! I graduated with a Bio degree, concentration in Biomed. I graduated with a 2.9 GPA, but I've been taking some public health and exercise science classes post-grad & was able to boost it up to a 3.1! I honestly don't know how heavily USA weighs their overall GPA against the prereq GPA, so I would recommend speaking to an admissions advisor. I thought my stats were low but the advisor I spoke to encouraged me to apply anyways!

Hey dont mean to steal your thread but St. Augustine is my dream school for PT (I LOVE saint augustine, favorite city)

Anyways, I'm a Biology Major and will graduate with a BS in Bio and a minor in BioMedical Physics.

Classes are hard, (organic chem, genetics, micro, biomedical physics)
Overall GPA: 2.98 (****)
Upper level GPA: 3.14
Prerequisite GPA: USA website: 3.35? (I'm confused, it says labs dont count, and the letter grade includes +/-?
Hours in field as Rehab tech: 680 and counting
Last 60: 2.94 (Failed Calculus, C's in organic chem)
GRE: 308 total, 156 Verbal, 152 Quant, 3.5 writing (Saving grace)

I'm retaking the GRE to boost it, I didnt study the first time.

Is my GPA too low? I'd be pretty bummed if I had to take more courses, but I'm willing to. I already have 160+ credits (bad advising at community college).

I'm applying to anywhere that will take me. But St. Augustine's residential program is my first choice.

To everyone who got an interview: Congrats!! :highfive: What location did you apply at?

Does anyone have any idea what the class schedules like in St. Augustine?

Like are we (hypothetically of course) going to have class essentially 9-5 m-f? Just curious.
I went on a tour yesterday and she said 7am- 7 pm is common

Congrats! Looks like I'll be seeing you there. I'm a little nervous. I have been prepping interview questions. Do you think they're going to provide us lunch since it says 9am-2pm?

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone who got an interview: Congrats!! :highfive: What location did you apply at?

Austin

Congrats! Looks like I'll be seeing you there. I'm a little nervous. I have been prepping interview questions. Do you think they're going to provide us lunch since it says 9am-2pm?

I’m sure there will be. Hopefully it’s after the interview though so I don’t yak from being nervous haha

I was super nervous before my interview at Bellarmine in February but it really wasn’t that bad. Just had to look up current events in PT and get myself familiar with the school and all that

Austin

I’m sure there will be. Hopefully it’s after the interview though so I don’t yak from being nervous haha

I was super nervous before my interview at Bellarmine in February but it really wasn’t that bad. Just had to look up current events in PT and get myself familiar with the school and all that

My friend got into the Austin campus for Fall 2017. She said the interview process is pretty nice. One interviewer for 2/3 potential students. They interview PT and OT students at the same time, so it seems like there are a lot of people, but not all of them are for PT. She said it was very relaxed and comfortable.

In Miami we got Chik-fil-a

Have they given out interviews for Miami and other campuses or just Austin, for Spring 2019?

Have they given out interviews for Miami and other campuses or just Austin, for Spring 2019?
I'm not sure how it works. You could always call and ask. I do know they do multiple rounds of interviews, and continue until they fill the class, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't hear back yet! I had read forums from previous years and some people did not hear back about interviews until late July/August. Best of luck :)

Anyone else have an interview at the Saint Augustine campus this Saturday, July 14th? Best of luck to all of you!!

Anyone else have an interview at the Saint Augustine campus this Saturday, July 14th? Best of luck to all of you!!
I'll be at the San Marcos one, good luck!

Congrats!! I've been checking my e-mail everyday. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Also, in the email I received for the interview it had a link that said you must click to confirm your attendance. The link was an email so I sent an email confirming that I would be attending but I never received a reply. Did this happen to anyone else?

Looking forward to meeting you

Susan Lawes

Would either of you mind posting any of the questions you were asked? I've been preparing but I'm curious how the interviews will be at this school. Good luck everyone!

Would either of you mind posting any of the questions you were asked? I've been preparing but I'm curious how the interviews will be at this school. Good luck everyone!
Seconded

I'll let you know after Saturday

What’s up guys ?! I just got asked to come in for a interview on August 3rd @ the Miami campus. I am super excited since I feel my scores are not the best. My stats are :

Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4
Not sure about the science GPA I believe 3.2-3.3
GRE 143v 146q 3.5w
500 volunteers hours at one sight

Hopefully this helps easy some people anxiety about their scores.
Also does anyone know if there is still an essay component on the day of the interview? I have been finding a lot of mixed answers on the forum. Thanks

Reactions: 3 users
What’s up guys ?! I just got asked to come in for a interview on August 3rd @ the Miami campus. I am super excited since I feel my scores are not the best. My stats are :

Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4
Not sure about the science GPA I believe 3.2-3.3
GRE 143v 146q 3.5w
500 volunteers hours at one sight

Hopefully this helps easy some people anxiety about their scores.
Also does anyone know if there is still an essay component on the day of the interview? I have been finding a lot of mixed answers on the forum. Thanks
I had my interview Friday(St. Augustine campus) and there was no essay :)