This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was pretty relaxed, they asked
"what does professionalism mean to you"
Also "How will Graduate school be different than undergrad in time management"
I wouldn't worry about it. They just want to see how you do in people skills.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It was pretty relaxed, they asked
"what does professionalism mean to you"
Also "How will Graduate school be different than undergrad in time management"
I wouldn't worry about it. They just want to see how you do in people skills.
Thanks for the tips! Did they happen to mention when they would send out invites regarding acceptances?

Thanks for the tips! Did they happen to mention when they would send out invites regarding acceptances?
1-3 weeks, I would assume that it would be closer to the former if you're interviewing for fall term and the latter if you're going for the spring term

Members don't see this ad :)
Would either of you mind posting any of the questions you were asked? I've been preparing but I'm curious how the interviews will be at this school. Good luck everyone!

I'll be there this Saturday, too! Good luck to you guys! I have heard from current and former students from the Austin campus that its fairly laid back and maybe 2-3 students per interviewer. If you know why you are wanting to become a PT and have good experience at various settings, you should be fine. I would plan on them asking why you want to be a PT, strengths/weaknesses, difficult scenarios presented, etc. Did any one else get itineraries for Saturday, seems like lunch is after the campus tour/interview (depending what group you get split into).

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be there this Saturday, too! Good luck to you guys! I have heard from current and former students from the Austin campus that its fairly laid back and maybe 2-3 students per interviewer. If you know why you are wanting to become a PT and have good experience at various settings, you should be fine. I would plan on them asking why you want to be a PT, strengths/weaknesses, difficult scenarios presented, etc. Did any one else get itineraries for Saturday, seems like lunch is after the campus tour/interview (depending what group you get split into).
Hey I'll be there this Saturday too! I'm excited to go down there getting nervous though for sure!

Hey I'll be there this Saturday too! I'm excited to go down there getting nervous though for sure!
Nice, man! Where you coming from? And don't stress too much-- just be yourself and stay calm. You got this!

Nice, man! Where you coming from? And don't stress too much-- just be yourself and stay calm. You got this!
I'm coming from Wyoming, and staying a couple extra days to check out Austin a bit more and thanks!

I'm coming from Wyoming, and staying a couple extra days to check out Austin a bit more and thanks!
Sounds good! Let me know if you need any cool spots to check out (depending on what you're interested in). I have lived in Texas my entire life and moved to Austin two years ago. Great BBQ and hiking/bike trails as well!

I'm coming from Seattle, I think I'm more anxious about the heat than the interview!

I'm coming from Seattle, I think I'm more anxious about the heat than the interview!

It is quite hot! 100+ degree weather for the week. And we haven't even gone through the hottest time of the year yet (August/September). Plenty of water in Austin to explore after the interview, Barton Creek Springs, Lake Travis!

Yeah that heat is gonna be something! Definitely gonna have to check out Lake Travis! Heard that was pretty cool!

Awesome! Congrats. My friend got in for Fall and she told me it's a very smooth process. I'm coming from Boise! Plan on exploring a bit after. If any Austin campus interviews want to go explore after the interview I was going to hike/go down to Rainey/6th street. I visited Austin for fun in April and have a few fun places I wanted to go back to.

Awesome! Congrats. My friend got in for Fall and she told me it's a very smooth process. I'm coming from Boise! Plan on exploring a bit after. If any Austin campus interviews want to go explore after the interview I was going to hike/go down to Rainey/6th street. I visited Austin for fun in April and have a few fun places I wanted to go back to.
Thats awesome! Good for her! Did she get into the residential program or the flex program? But I've heard 6th street is a must when in Austin!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats awesome! Good for her! Did she get into the residential program or the flex program? But I've heard 6th street is a must when in Austin!
The residential program! Yeah check out Bangers on Rainey. 120 Different beers on tap + hand made sausage they're awesome!

It is quite hot! 100+ degree weather for the week. And we haven't even gone through the hottest time of the year yet (August/September). Plenty of water in Austin to explore after the interview, Barton Creek Springs, Lake Travis!
I've been watching the weather haha. I'm staying with one of my friends while I am there and told her that I want to go float somewhere when all is said and done!

I've been watching the weather haha. I'm staying with one of my friends while I am there and told her that I want to go float somewhere when all is said and done!

Yep, that is a definite must while you're here. Plenty of places to float, see y'all Saturday!

I will be attending the interview in Austin on Friday as well! I live in San Diego and have never been to Austin so I'm pretty excited! I'd love to go paddleboarding or kayak if anyone else plans to after. Good luck to everyone!

I will be attending the interview in Austin on Friday as well! I live in San Diego and have never been to Austin so I'm pretty excited! I'd love to go paddleboarding or kayak if anyone else plans to after. Good luck to everyone!
You're not interested in the San Marcos one?

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know I just heard back about an interview!! July 20th at the Austin campus :) has anyone else heard back?
I will also be interviewing at the Austin campus on the 20th.

Im surprised there are still interviewing for the fall semester tbh. Thought it would be all spring by now.

That'd be fun! I'm down!

I also got an interview for august 3rd at the miami campus! (sorry im late to this, just saw this forum but its helping alot)
congrats on everyone getting interviews and getting accepted !

If possible, would y'all mind sharing how the interview goes tomorrow for those attending? I'm sure you all will do great but good luck!

If possible, would y'all mind sharing how the interview goes tomorrow for those attending? I'm sure you all will do great but good luck!
I second this! Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

Got waitlisted today for the Fall 2018 Flex DPT program at San Marcos so might be looking at spring start instead.

Probably should have expected this as best case scenario since the cohort starts in about a month lol

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got an interview for the St. Augustine location on August 3rd! I'm so excited & nervous! :rofl:

It wasn’t bad at all. They just talked to us for a while about different things with a lot of time to ask any questions, and the interview was really laid back. They just wanted to get to know us and asked some basic questions about why you want to go into PT

Interview was alright. A lot of time to listen and ask questions. Only 30 minutes for the interview! Best of luck!

Hey guys my application was just submitted today for Spring 2019 Austin campus

Last edited:
Is everyone ready for their upcoming interviews?!

I don't feel completely ready, but I feel more & more ready each day! :) The main thing for me personally is learning to control my nerves so I don't blank out lol

I don't feel completely ready, but I feel more & more ready each day! :) The main thing for me personally is learning to control my nerves so I don't blank out lol
When I first showed up I was a nervous wreck, but the interviews aren't until the end. They have various people talk about the university and do a tour. It really helped to calm my nerves. I was also unsure how I would feel about it being a group interview, but I felt like it really helped because it felt more like a conversation than something very serious. That being said, it is serious and lots of prepping will help but I think you'll see that it will all be okay :)

When I first showed up I was a nervous wreck, but the interviews aren't until the end. They have various people talk about the university and do a tour. It really helped to calm my nerves. I was also unsure how I would feel about it being a group interview, but I felt like it really helped because it felt more like a conversation than something very serious. That being said, it is serious and lots of prepping will help but I think you'll see that it will all be okay :)
Just be laid back and have the mindset that you deserve to be there. They should be wanting you to attend there

Hey guys!
Congrats on getting all the interviews - all this information is so helpful. I was wondering if someone could help me out... They extended the application for Spring 2019, so I applied about three weeks ago... (maybe less but it feels like forever). I was wondering how long it took most of you all to receive a reply regarding interviews or if you know how to evaluate the applications (in order)?
I'm assuming because I applied so late, my chances may be slim, but fingers crossed.
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!
Congrats on getting all the interviews - all this information is so helpful. I was wondering if someone could help me out... They extended the application for Spring 2019, so I applied about three weeks ago... (maybe less but it feels like forever). I was wondering how long it took most of you all to receive a reply regarding interviews or if you know how to evaluate the applications (in order)?
I'm assuming because I applied so late, my chances may be slim, but fingers crossed.
Thanks in advance!

I got mine the day after I submitted my application. I was accepted, but the cohort for 2018 fall is full so I'm on the wait list. Just got an email today saying that if I don't get pulled from it, they'll have me start in spring or at another campus.

I just interviewed at the St. Augustine location yesterday & felt pretty good about it! :) For those that were in the first round of interviews, did you guys hear back yet?

Hey guys! I got my acceptance this morning!

Reactions: 2 users
How many rounds of interviews do they offer? ...Especially for the Spring 2019 flex (St. Aug. campus)

I got accepted to the Austin location for Spring 2019 ☺️ Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 5 users
I wasn’t planning on checking my email til Monday because I didn’t think they’d be sending out decisions on the weekend, saw the new posts here and turns out I got accepted as well! Congrats to everyone and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted as well, for the St. Augustine location :)

Reactions: 1 users
I just interviewed at the St. Augustine location yesterday & felt pretty good about it! :) For those that were in the first round of interviews, did you guys hear back yet?
Hopping on this thread a little late, but I was there too! I really liked the interview format though, now the 1-3 weeks will probably be extremely long while we wait for a decision . Best of luck to you!!

Hopping on this thread a little late, but I was there too! I really liked the interview format though, now the 1-3 weeks will probably be extremely long while we wait for a decision . Best of luck to you!!

Oh yeah, the faculty were all super sweet too! I've just been finding things to do to keep me busy for the next few weeks so I don't think about the interview too much. Good luck to you too!!

I got accepted to the Austin location for Spring 2019 ☺️ Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Congrats !! I have been accepted for spring 2019 Austin campus for OT! If anyone needs a roommate I’ll need one as I’m moving from the Bay Area in CA :)

Just made a FB group for the Spring 2019 class at the Austin campus, feel free to join. :)

SDN won’t let me post links but it’s under: University of St. Augustine, Austin OT Spring 2019

I was accepted for the Spring 2019 DPT class. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook set up already?