University of St. Augustine Summer 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you say mondayish do you mean next week or was it suppose to be today?
Was supposed to be yesterday. She said she would try so it seemed it may or may not be then.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my acceptance email so everyone should be seeing it soon! Congrats to everyone who got in!

Reactions: 1 user
I received a response via Erika re: USA Austin campus. It said no decisions for the Austin, TX campus yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a response via Erika re: USA Austin campus. It said no decisions for the Austin, TX campus yet.
Did they give you a time frame of when they would make a decision? I'm getting so nervous.

dang that is crazy, were there a lot of people at your interview?

There was p
dang that is crazy, were there a lot of people at your interview?
There was probably a little over 60 people. But I was reading past forums and the Austin campus took a little over a month to decide.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my acceptance email so everyone should be seeing it soon! Congrats to everyone who got in!

I also received my acceptance email this morning. Congrats Everyone whoever got in...:)

i forgot my GRE in the above post which was 1170 (old version) and 5.0 writing. last time i emailed them asking what i could do to improve and all they said was "continue doing well in my prereqs" (i'm finishing up two this semester)

I applied to various PT schools three cycles before I got my acceptance into USA San Marcos DPT program Summer 2014. Persistence is key. If you love Physical Therapy, I highly recommend working in a PT facility. The experience invaluable!!!!

I interviewed in September for the January 2014 start date. I was waitlisted then was notified January filled then will be considered for the May start.

I was just persistent and emailed about my extreme interest for PT!

My stats are 1250 on old GRE: prereq GPA 3.00.... post-bacc GPA 3.45.... really low overall (too embarrassing to report)

fours years of retaking classes and determination! and I finally received an acceptance

Reactions: 2 users
I applied to various PT schools three cycles before I got my acceptance into USA San Marcos DPT program Summer 2014. Persistence is key. If you love Physical Therapy, I highly recommend working in a PT facility. The experience invaluable!!!!

I interviewed in September for the January 2014 start date. I was waitlisted then was notified January filled then will be considered for the May start.

I was just persistent and emailed about my extreme interest for PT!

My stats are 1250 on old GRE: prereq GPA 3.00.... post-bacc GPA 3.45.... really low overall (too embarrassing to report)

fours years of retaking classes and determination! and I finally received an acceptance

When I emailed asking what to do to potentially increase my GPA he never gave me an answer and said to be please be patient regarding the wait-list and wait to hear back from them. I feel that if I keep emailing them
my persistence might turn to annoyance and might actually hurt me. Did you email them after you were told that you were rolling over? Also what campus are you attending?

Never mind just saw where you said "San Marcos"

Last edited:
I got into the Austin Campus!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I applied to the austin campus and interviewed 11/22/13 for summer 2014, and got an email from Steve saying I've been waitlisted. Im a little confused the email said that "They anticipate that most of the candidates, like you, on the post-interviewed waitlist will be accepted". But they dont rank or number the waitlist applicants so how does the process work?

Anyone in the same boat or have any past experience? Any input would be great!!

Congrats to all who got accepted!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it easier to get accepted in the online format DPT?

Can anyone who got into the Austin campus tell me their stats? I applied for the fall 2014 enrollment I want to see where I might stand.
Thanks a bunch:)

Sure. I got into USA Austin. I'm a career change so I was told my prereq GPA would have the utmost importance.

BS kinesiology UT Austin '05
cGPA: 3.01
pGPA: 4.00
300 plus hours: out and inpatient neuro/ortho, peds, aquatics, hippo therapy, geriatric SNF, hospital, and private settings, PT tech job

GRE: 152 V, 146 Q, 4.0 Writing

I'm a career change so I was told my prereq GPA would have the utmost importance.
pGPA: 4.00
300 plus hours: out and inpatient neuro/ortho, peds, aquatics, hippo therapy, geriatric SNF, hospital, and private settings, PT tech job

USA seems to love career changers. We have many of those here. Your pGPA and observation hours are why you got accepted.

Kevin

I majored in Kinesiology with an emphasis in pre-physical therapy.
My overall GRE was 297 and 4.5 writing. My oGPA is 3.5, pGPA 3.4, and last 60 hours was a 3.7. I have obtained 430 hours of PT hours in 3 different settings. My stats aren't the greatest but I did really well on my interview so I feel like that helped.

When I emailed asking what to do to potentially increase my GPA he never gave me an answer and said to be please be patient regarding the wait-list and wait to hear back from them. I feel that if I keep emailing them
my persistence might turn to annoyance and might actually hurt me. Did you email them after you were told that you were rolling over? Also what campus are you attending?

Never mind just saw where you said "San Marcos"

I felt the same way. Just remember that you aren't applying for a job. You are competing for a chance to get your foot in the door. You need to stay on the radar so you stand out amongst the hundreds of others applying. You have two years to prove that you aren't annoying to your faculty and classmates. =)

I did spend a few years retaking classes to show that I was serious about improving my GPA. Just take or retake any prereqs you can improve on. The effort will be recognized. The one phone call I was able to get in, the very nice woman told me that the admissions does take into account your performance in your most recent classes. So again, if this is the career for you, take classes at a J.C. do well and reapply if needed.

I applied to the austin campus and interviewed 11/22/13 for summer 2014, and got an email from Steve saying I've been waitlisted. Im a little confused the email said that "They anticipate that most of the candidates, like you, on the post-interviewed waitlist will be accepted". But they dont rank or number the waitlist applicants so how does the process work?

Anyone in the same boat or have any past experience? Any input would be great!!

Congrats to all who got accepted!! :)

this was the same email i received back in August when I interviewed for the January start. that filled and then was emailed that i would be considered for the next term.

like i had posted before. i emailed a couple times to express my strong interest in the program as well as how anxious i was to get a response. everyone around me encouraged persistence. I believe it played a large roll in my acceptance into the Summer 2014 start date.

I felt the same way. Just remember that you aren't applying for a job. You are competing for a chance to get your foot in the door. You need to stay on the radar so you stand out amongst the hundreds of others applying. You have two years to prove that you aren't annoying to your faculty and classmates. =)

I did spend a few years retaking classes to show that I was serious about improving my GPA. Just take or retake any prereqs you can improve on. The effort will be recognized. The one phone call I was able to get in, the very nice woman told me that the admissions does take into account your performance in your most recent classes. So again, if this is the career for you, take classes at a J.C. do well and reapply if needed.

I have retaken a few classes and just ended another one recently, all of which helped improve my pGPA so hopefully that will be recognized. I recently heard back from Erika and she told me the same thing that if I made improvements to my
application then the admission committee views this favorably so I am hoping that my recent retake is able to help out.

Happy New Year to all my future classmates!

Did anyone apply for financial aid yet? I am filling out the forms and the system recognizes only Fl USA campus. Are we supposed to choose Fl campus even if we are applying to CA campus?

I was accepted to the Austin campus and ran in to the same problem. So I went ahead and just selected Fl.
Thanks! I also got a reply from USA, and yes, there is one code for all USA campuses.

I got in for the Austin campus for summer! Super excited. I just requested to join the FB page for the class.

Can't wait!

anyone have any idea when we should be hearing about our waitlist status? possibly by the end of january i would think...

anyone have any idea when we should be hearing about our waitlist status? possibly by the end of january i would think...

I gave up my seat and asked to be reconsidered for the Fall cohort, so hopefully that opened up a seat for you!

If history repeats itself based on last semester they found out a little over a month after the initial group found out about their acceptances, my guess is within the next week or so....just a guess though

I'm excited to move to Austin in May and meet y'all!! Oh and I just also joined the Facebook group.

I gave up my seat and asked to be reconsidered for the Fall cohort, so hopefully that opened up a seat for you!
Which campus did you apply to?

And I spoke with USA they did say we should hear something by the end of January. As someone already posted on here cruel waiting game for us "wait list" folks. I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

so everyone here has heard something from St. Augustine? I have still yet to hear anything and my application status is still under review by the admissions committee. this is for the FL campus

so everyone here has heard something from St. Augustine? I have still yet to hear anything and my application status is still under review by the admissions committee. this is for the FL campus

for what cycle? you might be in the wrong forum as this is for summer 2014 and acceptances and wait list have already been given out

I am assuming you applied for the fall 2014 cycle and if so I think there is a separate forum

for what cycle? you might be in the wrong forum as this is for summer 2014 and acceptances and wait list have already been given out

I am assuming you applied for the fall 2014 cycle and if so I think there is a separate forum

ah, you're right! haha thank you I was getting nervous for a second there. good stuff and good luck to ya

has anyone from the waitlist been accepted yet? i am getting nervous!

has anyone from the waitlist been accepted yet? i am getting nervous!

I don't think so, or at least I haven't heard anything from anyone else. But according to what they said we should know initially by the end of January.

when you were wait listed last time, when did they tell you that your application would be rolled over to the next cycle. I ask because I have heard of people being pulled off the wait list a few weeks before class started, for the cycle they initially applied for.

I don't think so, or at least I haven't heard anything from anyone else. But according to what they said we should know initially by the end of January.

when you were wait listed last time, when did they tell you that your application would be rolled over to the next cycle. I ask because I have heard of people being pulled off the wait list a few weeks before class started, for the cycle they initially applied for.

when i was waitlisted the first time i got notified around the end of September that the class was full and i would be considered again for the next admissions cycle... i have heard of that too though. i was just wondering if anyone had heard because last cycle, people started hearing in the middle of the month. good luck!!

when i was waitlisted the first time i got notified around the end of September that the class was full and i would be considered again for the next admissions cycle... i have heard of that too though. i was just wondering if anyone had heard because last cycle, people started hearing in the middle of the month. good luck!!

I did notice that they heard back a lot earlier, I have thought this from the beginning but I feel like the summer class was very competitive that's why it might be taking them a little longer to decide, but good luck to you as well!!!

Just checked my USA portal and I have been accepted off the wait list!!! for the st augustine campus!!

Anyone else get an email today? Seems unlikely May start will happen for waitlisters if you haven't already been notified :/

I think people are just now finding out now and I know they are sending out emails for people still on the wait list, don't give up yet!

I got in too! So relieved. Congrats to everyone! So excited for May!

Reactions: 3 users
I am glad you got in dptdance!! congratulations!!

I'm in off the wait list for Fla!!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got off the waitlist and accepted to the Austin Campus!! Cant wait till May!

Anyone else get an email today? Seems unlikely May start will happen for waitlisters if you haven't already been notified :/

I got in off of the waitlist for the San Marcos campus on Feb 20th so don't get discouraged!!