University of Waterloo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i found this co-op students' salary information on the waterloo website... kinda gives us an idea of what kind of money we'll be able to make as co-op students in the pharmacy program (the very last one)

http://pharmacy.uwaterloo.ca/pdf/hourly-salary-information-2010.pdf

the general requirements for pharmacy co-op is 16-18 weeks in duration, 35 hours per week minimum - so you guys can do the math for each co-op term :)

hope you find this useful

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not too impressed with the salaries. According to the chart the pharmacy co-op opportunities are lower paid than almost everything else, even lower than general sciences. I'd really like to know why that is. I guess it will be the quality of the positions that will be important.

I'm not too impressed with the salaries. According to the chart the pharmacy co-op opportunities are lower paid than almost everything else, even lower than general sciences. I'd really like to know why that is. I guess it will be the quality of the positions that will be important.

I was thinking the same. Considering the fact that our program is a second-entry graduate program, we should be getting paid more than the general sciences, at least. I don't get how it works, but I guess we shouldn't complain... it's better than nothing and at least we can almost guarantee ourselves a job during the summers. You're right about the quality of the job.

I'll be happy with anything as long as i'm in :p!

What does everyone else think?

Members don't see this ad :)
i found this co-op students' salary information on the waterloo website... kinda gives us an idea of what kind of money we'll be able to make as co-op students in the pharmacy program (the very last one)

http://pharmacy.uwaterloo.ca/pdf/hourly-salary-information-2010.pdf

the general requirements for pharmacy co-op is 16-18 weeks in duration, 35 hours per week minimum - so you guys can do the math for each co-op term :)

hope you find this useful

Ya, I've seen this document before too... it's sad that pharm students make some of the lowest wages :( I wonder what the reason for that is :confused:

Waterloo's website is down for maintenance... so I can't access the document.. can someone summarize what it says?

Whats the deadline for transcript submission.. its some time in June right?

I've been working to keep myself busy.. its working!! and I'm starting summer classes for BIOCHEM :sleep:

i'm counting 34 (considering today will be a full day right?).. not really sure lol but either way it's STILL A LONG TIME :(

LOL, I'm sure you're right ;) I just use one of these stupid online countdown tools and I got 33 using that.

p.s. what are you doing these days to make this wait seem shorter?

LOL, I'm sure you're right ;) I just use one of these stupid online countdown tools and I got 33 using that.

p.s. what are you doing these days to make this wait seem shorter?

lol You're so funny; I wish we were counting down the last week already! :(

To keep busy, I went back to my gym routine (which is everyday for two hours)... I kinda slacked off during school but it really helps relieve some stress. I'm also planning on doing some travelling (some out of town to other cities in Ontario and some out of the country but nothing for sure yet because I want to wait until June 15 to travel out of the country)
Nothing else really... this is my first summer completely off (I've always taken summer school since uni started for me so I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of time I have on my hands lol) ohh yeah and I've been cooking a lot.. just learning new dishes and experimenting lol :p

lol You're so funny; I wish we were counting down the last week already! :(

To keep busy, I went back to my gym routine (which is everyday for two hours)... I kinda slacked off during school but it really helps relieve some stress. I'm also planning on doing some travelling (some out of town to other cities in Ontario and some out of the country but nothing for sure yet because I want to wait until June 15 to travel out of the country)
Nothing else really... this is my first summer completely off (I've always taken summer school since uni started for me so I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of time I have on my hands lol) ohh yeah and I've been cooking a lot.. just learning new dishes and experimenting lol :p

Good stuff :D It's necessary now to have a cooking competition once we get into Waterloo ;)

Good stuff :D It's necessary now to have a cooking competition once we get into Waterloo ;)

LOL you must be a good cook i'll have to take u up on that challenge just to eat ur food! :corny:
33 more days!! these days are gonna be long

LOL you must be a good cook i'll have to take u up on that challenge just to eat ur food! :corny:
33 more days!! these days are gonna be long

Meh, I guess no one has died yet from eating my food... but I can most DEFINITELY improve a lot more :rolleyes:

I just want this summer to go by FASTER, I can't wait to start school next year (as nerdy as it may sound) ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
i cant wait!!!

1 more monthhh

a month today... we get either an acceptance letter =D or a rejection letter ="(
aughh the wait is killing me!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE MONTH TO BE OVER WITH :D:D:D

And hopefully, we'll ALL hear good news in one month from today :xf:

Did anyone apply to Waterloo and NOT apply to U of T? It seems like this year virtually everyone applied to both.

I applied to only Waterloo actually and I met quite a few people on my interview date who didn't apply to Toronto as well.

I've only applied to Waterloo as well.

I'M GONNA GET IN!!! :cool:

I also met this guy on my interview who only applied to Waterloo...

I wonder though, aside from not wanting to wright the PCAT, why else would someone not wanna try applying for both schools??? Nonetheless, I wish all of you get into the school of your choice :D

I also met this guy on my interview who only applied to Waterloo...

I wonder though, aside from not wanting to wright the PCAT, why else would someone not wanna try applying for both schools??? Nonetheless, I wish all of you get into the school of your choice :D

What would be your school of choice if you are accepted into both schools?

Does anyone know how we submit our final transcript? I remember the first one could be submitted along with our application fee through Waterloo's online system but I'm not sure if we submit our final one the same way or if we just submit it as usual through our own university.

Does anyone know how we submit our final transcript? I remember the first one could be submitted along with our application fee through Waterloo's online system but I'm not sure if we submit our final one the same way or if we just submit it as usual through our own university.

I'm at U of T, so I'm gona do it through rosi, you go to request transcript and make it go out to university of waterloo - registrar . Then you pay the 10 bucks lol

If you're not from U of T... I'm not sure, maybe go speak to your registrar office?

What would be your school of choice if you are accepted into both schools?

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm leaning a tad towards UofT ;)

How about you? And let's just hope that we'll all have the luxury of picking between these fine schools :D

I really hope I get in Waterloo!!! :scared: I know that I did well on the RC/WT, but I really have no idea how my interview went..I couldn't tell.

btw.. i sent my final transcript May 6th and it still hasn't shown up on my quest.. i wonder if i should email julie..

btw.. i sent my final transcript May 6th and it still hasn't shown up on my quest.. i wonder if i should email julie..

i did mine on may 12 still waiting as well, for the mid year, it only took them 2 days! maybe it has to do with grade finalization. i think i'll talk to my registrars office before emailing julie.

this is the slowest month ever!!

Can someone please fast forward till June 15th..I can no longer wait!

yazahra89... did you check quest? my final transcript is received, its updated now.. i hope yours is too

yazahra89... did you check quest? my final transcript is received, its updated now.. i hope yours is too

no i kept checking today and its not updated so i emailed julie... i think i made a mistake by choosing the wrong option on my university page for ordering transcripts.. i chose fedex instead of mail... stupid move (it cost $50 too lol). hopefully it all works out. if not, i'll just mail it this time...

26 more days!! :luck:

I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of their summer! I agree the wait is quite long...

Did Waterloo require our high school transcripts? I don't remember reading this in any of the pdf documents they gave us but apparently my high school transcript is "desired" on Quest.

I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of their summer! I agree the wait is quite long...

Did Waterloo require our high school transcripts? I don't remember reading this in any of the pdf documents they gave us but apparently my high school transcript is "desired" on Quest.

No, they don't need your high school transcript. That's just a glitch in the system, according to Julie Pocock.

This waiting game is long for both in-province schools.
Sunny Summer:cool:
Waiting Summer:rolleyes:
Boring Summer:sleep:
Anxious Summer ! :scared:

no i kept checking today and its not updated so i emailed julie... i think i made a mistake by choosing the wrong option on my university page for ordering transcripts.. i chose fedex instead of mail... stupid move (it cost $50 too lol). hopefully it all works out. if not, i'll just mail it this time...

26 more days!! :luck:

50$ oh noo. did Julie get back to you? just do the regular mail but it took a week so plan accordingly.

^ pharmacy0, no she didn't :( i'm thinking of probably calling and figuring it out.. thanks for your advice :) i'm going to mail it today

22 more days!!! so exciting

My final transcript hasn't been received either -_-

I requested through ouac but i guess uOttawa hasn't released my grades to them yet.

I'm thinking of sending it myself; thats allowed right?

My final transcript hasn't been received either -_-

I requested through ouac but i guess uOttawa hasn't released my grades to them yet.

I'm thinking of sending it myself; thats allowed right?

Sent mine over a week ago. Any chance they received it but are just not updating on Quest? I'd like to know because after this week it will be cutting it close it terms of the deadline.

Sent mine over a week ago. Any chance they received it but are just not updating on Quest? I'd like to know because after this week it will be cutting it close it terms of the deadline.

Same here... I think I'm going to send an e-mail this weekend if it still looks like they haven't received it.
Does anyone know if Waterloo has a wait list? If so, how many people would it be?

Same here... I think I'm going to send an e-mail this weekend if it still looks like they haven't received it.
Does anyone know if Waterloo has a wait list? If so, how many people would it be?

They don't.... instead of having a waiting list they make you reapply again before classes start, this means paying more applications fees AND having to do the interview again! :rolleyes:

They don't.... instead of having a waiting list they make you reapply again before classes start, this means paying more applications fees AND having to do the interview again! :rolleyes:

What do you mean by that? So if some people reject their offers, the people "next in line" get an e-mail saying they have to reapply?

What do you mean by that? So if some people reject their offers, the people "next in line" get an e-mail saying they have to reapply?

No there's no e-mail. They just accept however many they are going to accept. After people reject their offers they have empty spaces so they open up admissions again in November or so.

No there's no e-mail. They just accept however many they are going to accept. After people reject their offers they have empty spaces so they open up admissions again in November or so.

Ohh right. that's why we had the option of applying for the 2011 January admissions..... ugh, great...