UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I didn't think I did that well on the essay. I was just able to convey my ideas in a logical manner and that's enough to write a persuasive argument. My strongest points were during the interview. I felt like I was really engaging the interviewer and making her laugh. Also, I knew what UOP was looking for just based on reading their website. I focused on how the teachers first job is to affirm the student, then talk about leadership potential, then community activities. I hope you guys get in, it'll be a party!

I felt confident about my essay because I ran out of room when I was writing...I didnt have any writers block...I think that is where people mess up is because they dont know what to do when the get stuck...When I left, I knew I did the best possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Things to remember about the essay is that it is graded by the pharmacy students. I believe it is given two scores, not 100% sure, one is for grammar/spelling and the other content.

I thought I wrote an okay essay, afterall it was a first draft in 50min. I wrote it PCAT style exactly like they teach it in the Kaplan classroom course, not the lame way in the Kaplan $30 bookstore book. I had a little practice since I practiced a bit for the PCAT and took the pcat last month.

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT ACCEPTED!!! :D I have yet to get my interview...hopefully soon and then I can join you guys in all the EXCITEMENT!!!! :D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the accepted. You guys deserve it!

Still no mail! :sleep: I just checked my mailbox.

No acceptance, no rejection, no waitlisting... nothing! Any body heard any news today?

Of course, no email neither...

Still no mail! :sleep: I just checked my mailbox.

No acceptance, no rejection, no waitlisting... nothing! Any body heard any news today?

Of course, no email neither...
I'm in the same boat. I interviewed 10/26 & haven't heard from them since. I didn't get anything in the mail today. :( They did say 4-6 weeks though, so I'm trying to be patient & optimistic. :)

So five people have gotten accepted (from the SDN members) and two have been deferred. The process has began. I just wanted to share some knowledge with you guys that I have recieved from some co-workers. I work at a local hospital in the pharmacy as a pharmacy tech. Two of the pharmacist there (3 that i know of) were waitlisted after their interview but still got an acceptance letter. One of them waited all the way into summer before he got accepted and UOP was the only school he applied to. There is hope for all still so don't let that waitlist thought get you down. Also, I think that goes to show that it really doesn't matter how many schools you apply to, they don't look at that. So am I correct when I say that the next interview is January 11th? or is there still one more before that. I am scheduled for the 11th and I could use all the advice you guys have.

So five people have gotten accepted (from the SDN members) and two have been deferred. The process has began.

That's about right, I saw 5 got accepted and 2 waitlisted. I don't remember if I saw one or two were rejected? if not, maybe i will be the first get rejected. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's about right, I saw 5 got accepted and 2 waitlisted. I don't remember if I saw one or two were rejected? if not, maybe i will be the first get rejected. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

STAY POSITIVE!!! Don't say that!!! Seriously, UOP said that they will let us know 4-6 weeks after our interview so stay HOPEFUL!!! DO NOT THINK NEGATIVE thoughts. Just remember, out of the 3000 or so applicants UOP got, YOU were chosen as 1 of the 200 people to interview. THey are going to accept a little more than 100 of the 200 transfer students so there is HOPE!!! Hang in there okay?

STAY POSITIVE!!! Don't say that!!! Seriously, UOP said that they will let us know 4-6 weeks after our interview so stay HOPEFUL!!! DO NOT THINK NEGATIVE thoughts. Just remember, out of the 3000 or so applicants UOP got, YOU were chosen as 1 of the 200 people to interview. THey are going to accept a little more than 100 of the 200 transfer students so there is HOPE!!! Hang in there okay?

Thanks Aggie, :)

i wonder if nov. 16th interviewees will get a response by the end of this week or next week. I know the thanksgiving holiday will delay it a bit. UOP is my number 1 choice. I just need a big sigh of relief.

i wonder if nov. 16th interviewees will get a response by the end of this week or next week. I know the thanksgiving holiday will delay it a bit. UOP is my number 1 choice. I just need a big sigh of relief.

HI! I was also at the Nov 16th interview. I remember Lupe saying that they would make decisions after the current pharmacy students finish finals. They have finals from Dec 1-5 so I am thinking that we will only hear back after then. UOP is also my 1st choice!!! Hopefully we will both here good news soon!:) Hang in there, only 2 more weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is kind of a random question to ask but did anyone have a chance to see the on campus housing (i think its called brookside hall?) Our group was running late so we never got to see it. What did you think? would you wanna live there?

I know this is kind of a random question to ask but did anyone have a chance to see the on campus housing (i think its called brookside hall?) Our group was running late so we never got to see it. What did you think? would you wanna live there?

While it is a tad bit expensive, I would rather live there than off campus.

There's 4 rooms and two bathrooms, kitchen, and a small living room.

The building is only a couple of years old. If you liked the dorm life in undergrad and walking a couple of feet to class, then sign up quick before it fills up. Remember you get last priority as a transfer student.

I think it was nice. I went to financial aid today and I didnt realize how expensive living on campus really is. It is costing you about (plus) 1000 dollars a month..I was thinking of renting several of my rooms. I live near UOP and I have a 3 bedroom home with 2 baths....I live by myself and I live about 10 minutes from the campus...

HI! I was also at the Nov 16th interview. I remember Lupe saying that they would make decisions after the current pharmacy students finish finals. They have finals from Dec 1-5 so I am thinking that we will only hear back after then. UOP is also my 1st choice!!! Hopefully we will both here good news soon!:) Hang in there, only 2 more weeks!

so the finals are from Saturday to Wednesday? So we should hear something on Thursday or Friday?

I think it was nice. I went to financial aid today and I didnt realize how expensive living on campus really is. It is costing you about (plus) 1000 dollars a month..I was thinking of renting several of my rooms. I live near UOP and I have a 3 bedroom home with 2 baths....I live by myself and I live about 10 minutes from the campus...

i was thinking of living on campus if i do get accepted. I learned from my undergraduate years that traveling is no fun when you have school to worry about. How much cheaper is it to rent around stockton?

did they say it was ~$1000/month? does that include a meal plan too? :scared:
how much do you plan on renting out your rooms for? :D

thank you everyone for all the input!:biglove:

did they say it was ~$1000/month? does that include a meal plan too? :scared:
how much do you plan on renting out your rooms for? :D

Well I was looking at an hand out of cost and it stated 13, 000 a year for housing but I just took a quick glance at it. I really dont know how much Im going to rent my rooms for but it wont be much maybe a couple of hundred dollars...:)

Well, I got my "waitlist" letter today. I'm pretty disappointed, but still trying to stay optimistic. It's going to be a looooong wait until March before I finally find out if I'm rejected or accepted.

Congrats to those that have been accepted!

Rent in Stockton is relatively cheap if you are coming from SoCal or the bay area. You can find a decent 2BR in a nice area of town for about $800. There are luxury apartments that go for $1500, just like any other place. Those apartment complexes down March Lane, I believe go for $1000-$1200 but I have a membership to 24h fitness, don't need to pay that kind of money just to have a gym. :D Just need a place to sleep and study.

Well, I got my "waitlist" letter today. I'm pretty disappointed, but still trying to stay optimistic. It's going to be a looooong wait until March before I finally find out if I'm rejected or accepted.

Dear Klemmentine

I am sorry to hear that you are waitlisted. HOWEVER, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! Although it is a LONG wait until March, many people who do get accepted to UOP will not accept their offer. THerefore, there is hope for all the people waitlisted.

Personally, UOP is my first choice, however, for many people who apply to this school, they are doing it so that they have options.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP and GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Well you havent been rejected so that is good news...I think you will get in in March...Hang in there and I wish you well Klemmentine.....

I just got my waitlist letter today. I am very disappointed but trying to be optimistic.

There is still a hope, I know it is really hard to wait till March. I have not received any letter, I am waiting too.

When did you interview there? Oct. 26th? what your stats looks like?

Good luck!

When did you interview there? Oct. 26th? what your stats looks like?
Yeah, October 26th. My GPA isn't too impressive, but my other stats are good...

Overall GPA: 3.0
Last 60 units: 3.4
Last 45 units: 3.6
I retook one course and don't have any "W"s. I took 12-16 units most of my college career, but I took 21 units last semester and I am taking 24 units this semester.

I will have my BS in Public Health with a minor in physical science in the Spring.
2 1/2 years of pharmacy experience, 8 years total at a retail drugstore.
President for one year and current VP of the pre-pharm club.
VP of the health science club.
Volunteered at a few Leukemia & Lymphoma Society events.
Volunteered weekly for one year (150 hours) at the local blood bank.
Currently doing an unpaid 1 semester internship at a county public health department. (120 hours.)
Had 3 good letters of recs from pharmacists and 1 good one from my adviser/professor.
I thought my interview went really well.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! For those of us who have been put on hold, try not to get discouraged. My pharmacy manager was waitlisted and ended up getting into UOP like a week before classes started. Another friend of mine was waitlisted and ended up getting into Pacific University last minute.

The way I read the letter, we aren't really "waitlisted", yet. I think they just put our applications on hold until they do their January/February interviews. It sounds like they pull our applications back out and re-review our applications after the next round of interviews. So, in March we should either get acceptance letters or official waitlist letters. It doesn't make sense to waitlist someone when there are still a lot of spots still open for admission. That's how I read it at least.

The way I read the letter, we aren't really "waitlisted", yet. I think they just put our applications on hold until they do their January/February interviews. It sounds like they pull our applications back out and re-review our applications after the next round of interviews. So, in March we should either get acceptance letters or official waitlist letters. It doesn't make sense to waitlist someone when there are still a lot of spots still open for admission. That's how I read it at least.

sounds like not even waitlisted, well then that is consistent with UOP's words that they will accept only very qualified candidates shortly after interview, others will have to wait till march. I would prefer they can make the decision early, so people can change their strategy accordingly.

was your manager waitlisted after interview..or put on hold before an interview?

Good luck Klem. :) I hope you will hear good news in March. You have great experiences to make you a good candidate :)

was your manager waitlisted after interview..or put on hold before an interview?
She interviewed I think in January, and was then waitlisted. They literally called her the week before classes started at UOP and told her she was in. This was back in 1998 though.

I know of a person who got in @ western U the week before the semester started. I'm sure they take people off the wait list because so many students accept enrollment from other schools. Keep your head up guys:thumbup:

She interviewed I think in January, and was then waitlisted. They literally called her the week before classes started at UOP and told her she was in. This was back in 1998 though.

Hi guys,
Any tier 3 got interviews yet? I am tier 3 and nothing yet!

I just called UOP to find out what was the earliest day we will hear a response from the Nov. 16th interview, and the receptionist told me 6 weeks which she confirmed with one of the admissions counselor. That means we wouldn't be hearing anything until the beginning of next year. Why would it take 2-3 weeks for the Oct 28 and Nov 2nd interviews but 6 weeks for Nov. 16th? I guess no early Christmas presents, we'll just have to wait for the New Year.

guess what, I just emailed Veronica and she told me all letters are in the mail! Check your mail!

guess what, I just emailed Veronica and she told me all letters are in the mail! Check your mail!

Hey RXLITEGUY
So I am confused as to who to beleive because if you emailed Veronica, should we expect a letter in the mail soon? When did she say that the envelopes/letters for the November 16th interview were mailed? Why would the admissions counselor say that we would hear in 6 weeks but veronica said that we would hear soon cuz its in the mail? BTW, who is VERONICA? LOL
I am guessing she is an admissions officer.

UGH!!! I am GOING CRAZY with ALL THIS ANXIETY!!!! I am sooo NERVOUS!!!

Best of Luck to ALL

Anxiously Waiting
DavisAggie08

Best of Luck to ALL

Anxiously Waiting
DavisAggie08

Well, they sent out emails to those early ones, why they don't do it anymore?

Hey RXLITEGUY
So I am confused as to who to beleive because if you emailed Veronica, should we expect a letter in the mail soon? When did she say that the envelopes/letters for the November 16th interview were mailed? Why would the admissions counselor say that we would hear in 6 weeks but veronica said that we would hear soon cuz its in the mail? BTW, who is VERONICA? LOL
I am guessing she is an admissions officer.

Best of Luck to ALL

Anxiously Waiting
DavisAggie08

when i called, I asked the receptionist what was the earliest we could expect to get a response from Nov. 16th interview. She told me March. I was like what??? She then talked to Liz, who is one of the admission counselors and revised it to 6 weeks. I said oh ok. So I emailed Veronica(also admissions counselor) to ask her what is the earliest we can expect an answer from the Nov 16th interview. She said all letters are in the mail! Yeah, I can understand your confusion. I was confused too. Regarding my status, she didn't say anything.

So I emailed Veronica(also admissions counselor) to ask her what is the earliest we can expect an answer from the Nov 16th interview. She said all letters are in the mail! Yeah, I can understand your confusion. I was confused too. Regarding my status, she didn't say anything.

Veronica may means that all letters that suppose to be sent are in the mail, and many applications are still pending, there are no letters to send for those pending applications at this moment and of course they are not in the mail.

This whole thing is just too confusing...:(

No email for me, FYI. Good luck to you all. I will check my email/mailbox more often now.:thumbup:

Hey guys

I just got a very confusing mail from UOP that neither says i'm rejected nor accepted but that I should wait and stay encouraged because they believe I'm a strong applicant..... I guess this might be saying that I'm waitlisted? The letter is very confusing.. Did anyone else get a similar letter from UOP? I interviewed on Nov. 16th by the way.

Hey guys

I just got a very confusing mail from UOP that neither says i'm rejected nor accepted but that I should wait and stay encouraged because they believe I'm a strong applicant..... I guess this might be saying that I'm waitlisted? The letter is very confusing.. Did anyone else get a similar letter from UOP? I interviewed on Nov. 16th by the way.

I guess UOP want to wait till March 2008 after all the interviews, then compile all of the interviewers grades together then decide who to accept, reject or waitlist.

Personally, I perfer they decide now! So people can adjust their strategies accordingly. Acutally I think most schools decide very quickly after interviews. I don't understand UOP's way, it kind of discourages people to apply/interview early.

Hey guys

Hey AlSW

That is a confusing letter. I am thinking that they are going to wait until all their interviews are complete to make a final decision on admission. I also interviewed on Nov 16th but I have yet to hear anything in the mail. However, I had all my mail sent to San Diego so Im thinking it will take a while before I receive anything. Do u live in SOCAL?

DONT GET DISCOURAGED because UOP did say that you are a strong applicant. This implies that your applications is being well looked upon. Only 5 people on the forum have been accepted. I am thinking that maybe UOP decided to hold off on accepting more pharmacy students until they have interviewed ALL their applicants. At my interview, there were so many well qualified people. I am thinking that they are just having a hard time deciding which applicant stands out the most.

GOOD LUCK and Please let me know where ur mail is sent so that I can anticipate receiving something from UOP.

I am so anxious!!!! URGH

Hey Davisaggie,

the mail was sent to Berkeley, bay area.. so it might take a little longer to get to socal. Don't be anxious!

Hey Davisaggie,

the mail was sent to Berkeley, bay area.. so it might take a little longer to get to socal. Don't be anxious!

THANK YOU

I sersiously can't sleep Im so ANXIOUS!!!