UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i sent a thank you to both the professor and the dean...i dunno if it helped with my acceptance or not, but i thought it was what i was supposed to do
(some advice i got from more than 1 friend).

It might be sucking up a little, but its a way for them to remember you a little more (so make sure you send it within the next week of your interview). if you're careful with your words and sound sincere (refer to something you talked about during your interview...etc.) i think they really appreciate it. I actually got an email back from the dean. So my advice is just do it...it cant hurt right?

:D Since you got in and did send a thank you note, maybe we should send one. :laugh: I think it might be too late for some of us. I believe the etiquette is that the thank you note or email be sent within the next day. :p

Members don't see this ad.

i guess the reason why some people who interviewed Oct. 28 and Nov. 2 haven't heard back yet is because they are waiting for the Nov 16 interviewees to be evaluated. So I expect to hear something during first or second week of december, just before the holidays. And it would make a great Christmas present for me this year since I've been a good boy all year. :thumbup:

i guess the reason why some people who interviewed Oct. 28 and Nov. 2 haven't heard back yet is because they are waiting for the Nov 16 interviewees to be evaluated. So I expect to hear something during first or second week of december, just before the holidays. And it would make a great Christmas present for me this year since I've been a good boy all year. :thumbup:

Good theory....but it doesnt explain why two people have already heard

Members don't see this ad :)
Good theory....but it doesnt explain why two people have already heard

well, it could be 2 or more. Not everyone who interviewed knows of or posts on this forum. They probably want to secure the cream of the crop so they gave an early notice to a few. For the later interviewees(Nov 16th), it wouldn't be fair for them if the adcom decides to make decisions without considering them to the majority of the 1st 2 groups. I think they decided to have the Nov 16th interview, because there were qualified interviewees who couldn't be fit into the 1st 2 interviews.

I think we should start a new thread for Post Interview Acceptances. This thread is getting too lengthy. Anyone wants to start it?

well, it could be 2 or more. Not everyone who interviewed knows of or posts on this forum. They probably want to secure the cream of the crop so they gave an early notice to a few. For the later interviewees(Nov 16th), it wouldn't be fair for them if the adcom decides to make decisions without considering them to the majority of the 1st 2 groups. I think they decided to have the Nov 16th interview, because there were qualified interviewees who couldn't be fit into the 1st 2 interviews.

I think we should start a new thread for Post Interview Acceptances. This thread is getting too lengthy. Anyone wants to start it?

Stay here...lol.......Anyways......I see your point and that is what I was trying to say also, but it was taken out of context.........I believe the people who got accepted are very good applicants and they have multiple applications out...I know they asked me if I had applied to other schools in the interview...Im sure they asked everyone..If your stats are good and you interviewed good...plus competition amongst the various schools...I feel prompted out several invites......

i sent a thank you to both the professor and the dean...i dunno if it helped with my acceptance or not, but i thought it was what i was supposed to do
(some advice i got from more than 1 friend).

It might be sucking up a little, but its a way for them to remember you a little more (so make sure you send it within the next week of your interview). if you're careful with your words and sound sincere (refer to something you talked about during your interview...etc.) i think they really appreciate it. I actually got an email back from the dean. So my advice is just do it...it cant hurt right?

I see...I did not know that ...I interviewed on October 26 and I think it may be late to send a thank you card....You sent one to the dean also..was it an email or a card......anyways...I wish I knew we can do something like that, but it is too late know...

I see...I did not know that ...I interviewed on October 26 and I think it may be late to send a thank you card....You sent one to the dean also..was it an email or a card......anyways...I wish I knew we can do something like that, but it is too late know...

Hey yazzman,
I don't think the difference of getting into UOP is a thank you note after a interview, so no need to worry about it.:D The reason I didn't send a thank you email or note was because I talked to someone who went to UOP and they told me not to do it because it might come across as too much sucking up. But that person is the one that also told me that they did interviews in the 2nd year and they did the evals that day, so it wasn't like they can go back and give a better rec since the person they sent a thank you note.

haha.. I think we are just all so tense, just second guessing ourselves on why we didn't get the GOLDEN email while other people did.

Here's the top doubts:
Did I talk too much during the interview?
Did I talk too little during the interview?
Did I interupt too much during the interview?
Oh why did I give such a lame answer to that question?
Did my essay make sense?

:D

i didn't send a thank you card, and during my interview, they did NOT ask me where else i applied. hope that helps.

so my usher, the person who took me to my interviewer, she asked me if I have applied to other schools. I didn't want to lie so I said yes. Then I told her that UOP is my top choice and I explained why. This was all in a conversation after I had my actual interview. I don't necessarily know if the other P2z who don't interview, get a say on who they liked at the interviews.

I honestly think that if you are asked if you applied anywhere else, you should not lie. Be honest cuz u never know who knows who amongst the Pharmacy schools. Also, admissions know that it is very competitive to get into Pharmacy school. I am positive that they expect people to apply elsewhere.

Anyways guys... GOood LUCK and HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!

I think its very obvious from your PharmCAS if you applied to other schools or not. UOP is my first choice school but I had to hedge my bets, so I took the PCAT, which makes it obvious that I'm applying elsewhere. I also took classes like biochem, molecular bio, which are not UOP requirements but are requirements for the other California schools. I wasn't asked in my interview if I applied elsewhere but it's pretty obvious that I did. And who the heck only applies to one school. I think it's fair to say almost everybody applies to a couple of schools. Especially with PharmCAS where you just pay another $40.

I think its very obvious from your PharmCAS if you applied to other schools or not. UOP is my first choice school but I had to hedge my bets, so I took the PCAT, which makes it obvious that I'm applying elsewhere. I also took classes like biochem, molecular bio, which are not UOP requirements but are requirements for the other California schools. I wasn't asked in my interview if I applied elsewhere but it's pretty obvious that I did. And who the heck only applies to one school. I think it's fair to say almost everybody applies to a couple of schools. Especially with PharmCAS where you just pay another $40.

I know they know because of pharmcas..

I don't think it matters much about how many schools you apply to and I don't think it is recommended to apply to only one school. Its school has its strength and weaknesses, so it depends on your interest.

hi everyone! Does any Tier 3 people heard anything about geting an interview yet? Also how will you get the interview invitation? Is it mail , email or phone call? Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it matters much about how much schools you apply to and I don't think it is recommended to apply to only one school. Its school has its strength and weaknesses, so it depends on your interest.

Really, Terse got accepted at touro and uop per other postings...Plus dont you think pharmcas communicate information about schools that prospects have applied too// We will see what happens ...hopefully we all get in :)

I don't think it matters much about how much schools you apply to and I don't think it is recommended to apply to only one school. Its school has its strength and weaknesses, so it depends on your interest.

agreed.

hi everyone! Does any Tier 3 people heard anything about geting an interview yet? Also how will you get the interview invitation? Is it mail , email or phone call? Thank you

I am Tier 3.....still waiting! :( My PCHK was 11/06/07...maybe after the holiday weekend we will hear something!! :D Good luck to all those who are waiting patiently like me!!

Well just recieved a letter from UOP saying that I've been waitlisted. Not to happy about it but hey it's better than a rejection. I don't think I did so hot on the essay. :(

Interview day: Oct 26th
Cumulative GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 4.0

Well just recieved a letter from UOP saying that I've been waitlisted. Not to happy about it but hey it's better than a rejection. I don't think I did so hot on the essay. :(

awesome stats...

how did you do durign the interview?

I like your out look and hopefully you get in.......It is somewhat upsetting when individuals get letters like the one pharmdef received. I get sad for those individuals. I really hope that you get in... Hey when did you received that letter. I assuming it was Wednesday.

I'm getting an ulcer just reading this thread. No email sent to me and then people are starting to report deferment letters from the first 2 interview sessions. I'm going to be very scared opening my mailbox on Friday afternoon. :confused:

Well, hopefully more SDN people will report that they got in. So far it seems 2 are reporting they got in and 2 are reporting the deferral letter. Either those are the only 2 that got in and the rest of us should be expecting the deferral letter or we're going to see some happy emails very soon.:D

Good luck to all.

On a side note, I've been keeping in touch with some people from the interview on Nov. 2 that don't come on SDN and they haven't heard anything either.

awesome stats...

how did you do durign the interview?

I thought the interview with the professor went great and the interview with the student even better. I know that they are not going to accept all of the people from the Oct 26th interview even if they were all strong applicants. I am just hoping that those who got deferred to another review process in March (like my self) are still considered strong applicants and are just put on hold to see what the other applicants are like. Does this sound probable?

To answer Yazzman's question: I recieved the letter today, on thanksgiving.

Sorry to hear this! But don't lose hope :) Your stat will get you to some places because they are very very good!

I thought the interview with the professor went great and the interview with the student even better. I know that they are not going to accept all of the people from the Oct 26th interview even if they were all strong applicants. I am just hoping that those who got deferred to another review process in March (like my self) are still considered strong applicants and are just put on hold to see what the other applicants are like. Does this sound probable?

at this point,anythingi spossible. im perplexed beceause your stats are outstanding. but i wouldnt worry if i were you, your stats will probably get you in somewhere.

you got your mail delivered on thanksgiving????

you got your mail delivered on thanksgiving????

I'm just as confused as goinkhead! Maybe it was delivered on Wednesday, but didn't check his/her mail until Thursday.

Well my friend...who knows what is going on...there is a saying ...sometimes its not what you know ....its who you know...but anyways..MY heart does go out to you because I know you are disappointed, but I truely feel you should not give up hope....You may hear something postive in March.

PS...Where do you live to get letters on Federal Holidays? The POST Office was close on Thursday.

hi guys,

i had my interview on nov 16th. i love the school and the people are super nice! it was a casual interview and essay was a serious topic. good luck everyone...i hope to hear from them soon!

You're right. I check my mail religiously but must have forgot on Wednesday. Sorry for the mistake.

I actually just a met a pharmacist here at my work yesterday that was deferred at UOP and received his acceptance lettter in April. My hopes just moved up a notch. Anybody else receive news from UOP?

You're right. I check my mail religiously but must have forgot on Wednesday. Sorry for the mistake.

I actually just a met a pharmacist here at my work yesterday that was deferred at UOP and received his acceptance lettter in April. My hopes just moved up a notch. Anybody else receive news from UOP?

so there is hope!, i was under the impression that deferred applicants always get rejected. (my brother, who attends uop said that he doesnt know anybody who got accepted after receiving a letter of deferral)

by any chance, do you knwo what his stats were at the time?

so there is hope!, i was under the impression that deferred applicants always get rejected. (my brother, who attends uop said that he doesnt know anybody who got accepted after receiving a letter of deferral)

Yo goin..you got accepted at touro...

Yo goin..you got accepted at touro...

no =(

i turned in my supp. app. late october but havnet heard back from them. so the outlook is not good =(

but im tryingto stay positive!

no =(

i turned in my supp. app. late october but havnet heard back from them. so the outlook is not good =(

but im tryingto stay positive!

Hang in there ...hopefully you will hear something sooooon

No, I didn't ask. Next time I see him though.

Of course there's hope, Even if all of the teir 1 applicants were 4.00 students they still wouldn't accept all of them. They need to give the other teir's a chance. This is the sole reason why I applied early. So that it's possible to even get a deferral. But a deferral still scares the s@#t out of me. :eek:

I received a package in the mail from UOP. I have been accepted into the school of pharmacy for 2008. Eventhough this has been a great acheivement for me, I really feel for those who havent recieved an admittance letter yet. I pray you will receive a large orange envelope in the mail like I did. I know people will want to know what is in the package. The package contains letters of acceptance, a letter to check off and send back with deposit of 550.00 dollars, and some type of aggreement letter with Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy.

I wish everyone success and hope that happeness finds its way to you soon...

I received a package in the mail from UOP. I have been accepted into the school of pharmacy for 2008. Eventhough this has been a great acheivement for me, I really feel for those who havent recieved an admittance letter yet. I pray you will receive a large orange envelope in the mail like I did. I know people will want to know what is in the package. The package contains letters of acceptance, a letter to check off and send back with deposit of 550.00 dollars, and some type of aggreement letter with Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy.

wow,congrats, all that worrying paid off, didn't it?:laugh::laugh:

congrats Yazzman. You definitely deserve it.

Congrats yazzman...... see, you were worrying over nothing. :cool:

:D:D:D:D I got in!!!!!!!!!!

I got a big orange envelope in the mail today. That says "welcome".

I did not get an email, just the big envelope the size of a magazine.

Yay! I can turn down all my interviews, no need to go to Chicago, Florida, or anywhere else.

:D:D:D

Congrats Moolman...Hey did you interview on October 26?

Hey SDNers I received a orange envelop as well. I got accepted...But I sincerely hope that each one of you are optimistic about your chances. Honestly, you have to believe that you did the best you can. I did not get any emails, so I was kind of sad after terse recieved an email. But I thought to myself, hey its all in God's hands right now. I'll be praying for the rest of you to trust in God's sovereignty. Best of luck to you guys.

I would just like to CONGRATULATE Moolman and Yazzman and everyone who has received that wonderful letter of acceptance. YOu guys deserve it! I am truly happy that your dreamz have become a reality.

To those of us who are anxiously anticipating the adcom's decision, stay hopeful and positive. Don't stress, because no matter how stressed we become, our anxiety will not make a difference to our decisions. Lets all hold our heads up high, and be proud that we made it this far. In the end, what is meant to be, will be. Hopefully all our prayers will soon be answered. JUST HANG IN THERE!!! It will all be over soon :)

CONGRATS ATVIAN STAT!!!

I am SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I guess those cookies worked wonders ;)!!!

Really nice story...I Have one also..but I will save you guys from my story and it is similars to moolman's story...however the point I want to make is what I got out of moolman's story is keep going and going because you never know where it will lead you.......man that was cool moolman.....

Congrats yazzman, moolman, & ativan stat! How exciting! Hopefully I receive my big orange packet tomorrow!

CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome!!! :hardy::hardy::hardy:

Congrats everyone. Seee... you guys were worrying over nothing. Just a little patience and optimism, and everything worked out great.

for those who got accepted, how did you guys feel you did on the essay writing? I didn't think I did as well as I would like. Anyone know how much they put emphasis on the essay writing part? I thought I did well during the interview though. Congrats to all who got accepted. I interviewed on Nov. 16th and next 2 weeks will be nerve racking for me. Crossing my fingers.

Well I didn't think I did that well on the essay. I was just able to convey my ideas in a logical manner and that's enough to write a persuasive argument. My strongest points were during the interview. I felt like I was really engaging the interviewer and making her laugh. Also, I knew what UOP was looking for just based on reading their website. I focused on how the teachers first job is to affirm the student, then talk about leadership potential, then community activities. I hope you guys get in, it'll be a party!