UPenn c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 2/11 and I got an acceptance phone call 2/15 (YAY!!) but I am just wondering how long it takes to get the official letter.

I think I am still in shock and I cant believe it is real...I think I need something concrete to hold in my hands...

Good luck to everyone today!!!! :luck:

congrats! you should get the letter within a week (as long as the office isn't running behind). i felt bad because i had to call them and get the letter faxed to me so that i had an official document before i withdrew from another interview that weekend. but don't worry, they dont make wrong calls!! (at least ive never heard of that happening at penn) haha

have officially decided on penn?
 
congrats! you should get the letter within a week (as long as the office isn't running behind). i felt bad because i had to call them and get the letter faxed to me so that i had an official document before i withdrew from another interview that weekend. but don't worry, they dont make wrong calls!! (at least ive never heard of that happening at penn) haha

have officially decided on penn?


YEP!! As long as it isnt a mistake....😀
 
Hey everyone!
I had my interview last saturday on the 12th.
I have not gotten a phone call or letter yet.
Should I be concerned?
Im so nervous. Haha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!
I had my interview last saturday on the 12th.
I have not gotten a phone call or letter yet.
Should I be concerned?
Im so nervous. Haha.

you mean friday?? they dont do interviews on saturdays 😕
 
I definitely had a Penn Alumni interview me saturday. Haha.

that's strange. how come you weren't involved in the regular admissions process? are you trying for duel degree? well that kind of sucks because you missed talking to the admissions committee (the students)
 
Thanks to everyone for being so helpful in this process. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!! I am going to call UPenn and pull myself from the running.

(I haven't heard anything and I don't know if my rejection letter got lost....or if I was still in the running😕)

Regardless, clearing a space for someone else! Good luck 2015 and all those to follow! UPenn is a spectacular place! (Just not the best place for me IMO)🙂
:biglove:
 
Got the call this morning! I am in! I think this is the one...need to think about the other schools...but I LOVED Penn
 
Got my call at 12:07pm. Now its time to make the final decision between Penn and OSU. I think the possibility of being able to get my VMD + pHD and the awesome summer research programs push UPenn ahead a little.
 
Just got an interview invite for March 11th... I feel very far behind here!

congrats to all of you who already nailed the interview and got accepted! Seems like admissions was busy today!

I am excited for happy hour, it is going to happen that day, yes?
 
Congratulations everyone -- on acceptances and invites!

Just when I go into Eeyore mode and think I have absolutely no hope of getting an interview invite from Penn, someone gets one! That's awesome!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations everyone -- on acceptances and invites!

Just when I go into Eeyore mode and think I have absolutely no hope of getting an interview invite from Penn, someone gets one! That's awesome!

I know! This rollercoaster is crazy!

I wonder if this is the last batch though? They said interview possible into mid-march. hmm....well, it's not over till it's over!
 
True that heylodeb. I thought I was for sure out of the running... but was surprised to see an email from them today at work. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Fingers crossed for you!!!!
 
I thought I was out too! I was having a sick miserable day and then I came home and got the email and seriously thought someone was playing a joke on me. I cannot believe this is real. We will see on March 11 🙂


I am thinking one more batch you guys!! Good luck I hope you hear something!!
 
I interviewed on Friday, Feb 18th and got an email today saying that my application was on "Hold" until the admissions committee could meet again. I'm guessing this just means they want to give some other people a chance before they'll accept me? It's killing me, of course, cause I LOVE this school. Has anyone else received such a message? I'll take any info I can get!
 
Just got an interview invite for March 11th... I feel very far behind here!

congrats to all of you who already nailed the interview and got accepted! Seems like admissions was busy today!

I am excited for happy hour, it is going to happen that day, yes?

I don't think there will be a happy hour, sorryyy 🙁 but, we'll be on spring break!! yayy!!

congrats!!
 
congratulations on everyone's acceptances and interviews! i was SO amazed to find an invitation in my email today. i'd pretty much given up hope!

too bad about happy hour, but at least it's lost for a good cause! i'd love to arrange a meeting afterwards with other sdn'ers, if anyone else is up for it 🙂
 
I interviewed on Friday, Feb 18th and got an email today saying that my application was on "Hold" until the admissions committee could meet again. I'm guessing this just means they want to give some other people a chance before they'll accept me? It's killing me, of course, cause I LOVE this school. Has anyone else received such a message? I'll take any info I can get!

yup, other people have been put on hold all the way back to the first interview day. so the good thing is you only have a lil bit longer to wait! keep your head up!
 
I interviewed on Friday, Feb 18th and got an email today saying that my application was on "Hold" until the admissions committee could meet again. I'm guessing this just means they want to give some other people a chance before they'll accept me? It's killing me, of course, cause I LOVE this school. Has anyone else received such a message? I'll take any info I can get!


Welcome to the "on hold" boat MarioMan! I interviewed 1/28 and was not even informed of my status until 2/7! Penn is my one and only chance of going to Vet school next year ( I am IS), so I am just playing the waiting game and working on some plan Bs if it doesn't work out this year.

My advice? Don't stare at your phone/email/mailbox. It will not make the waiting any easier🙂 I have chosen to just get on with my life and I will hear something when I do.

I have, however, contemplated calling the admissions office about when those of us that are "on hold" will know the outcome of this(acceptance/wait-list/rejection). Anyone have any info about when we might hear something?
 
Hi everyone! This is really random, but what are people thinking of carrying books around in next year/ what are people using this year? I've been debating getting a backpack or a tote bag, but I don't know if a tote would fit everything... any ideas?

Good luck to everyone waiting!!! :luck::luck::luck:
I just received the official acceptance letter in the mail 🙂 so excited!! 😍
 
Hi everyone! This is really random, but what are people thinking of carrying books around in next year/ what are people using this year? I've been debating getting a backpack or a tote bag, but I don't know if a tote would fit everything... any ideas?

Good luck to everyone waiting!!! :luck::luck::luck:
I just received the official acceptance letter in the mail 🙂 so excited!! 😍

if you're a tote bag kind of girl then you can bring a tote bag. there are a decent number of girls with bags like that. i would die with a tote bag though, i hate them lol so i have the good old fashion back pack. there is a thread that talks about this same thing too, i would read up on it
 
So I just received my interview invitation today for March 11th! WOW! I was beginning to feel like I was done with the nerves and waiting. I'm sooo excited to see UPenn, even if I missed the NBC day! This is the craziest experience I have ever had in my life!
 
Oh Penn..your driving me mad. Everyday I want to post that I am officially giving up on them, but then someone posts a new interview invite. At this point I really don't know what to think.😕
 
On a side note, did anyone who is attending now take out the loan for the entire $25,000 they put aside for living expenses? It seems kind of like a lot compared to the $12,000 Tufts put aside, considering rent is comprable...

I looove Penn but the almost $70,000/year price tag for OOSers seems a bit much...Just trying to make it work because I love Penn so much😀

I'm not sure why there is such a big difference in numbers between the school. Rent here can range from 500$ to 1300$++ depending on what/where you want to live. On avg I'd say most people spend about 700$ and live in a house with either other vet students or other students in general. Maybe Penn increases the estimate for students who want to take out more loans as a personal choice, they can easily approve any loan amt that a student asks for. I'm not sure why Tufts estimate is so low, is all rent around 500$ so that leaves 6k more for other living expenses?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

agreed x2!!!! I'm still waiting on them too...they're my top choice so I'm really hoping I get an invite soon! But seeing as how many people have already gotten in and have gotten invites, I feel like my chances are getting slimmer and slimmer 🙁

btw...I dont want to jinx myself by asking this question...but does anyone know how lenient they are on changing interview dates? I'm afraid theyre going to invite me for an interview while I'm out of town for a week...and I already have my plane ticket and I cant really afford (moneywise) to cancel it.
 
Last edited:
Oh Penn..your driving me mad. Everyday I want to post that I am officially giving up on them, but then someone posts a new interview invite. At this point I really don't know what to think.😕

👍👍 This, exactly!! I have posted that I was giving up on Penn, and then that I wanted to have hope but didn't, and now here I am back again. I don't think I'll be able to get off the Penn roller coaster until I get an official rejection. I've even wondered if I should call and tell them that I found out after submitting my supplemental that my grandfather, great uncle and great-great grandfather all went to Penn Med. But there's no living donors and certainly no buildings named after my family so I don't think it would (or should!) help at all :laugh:.


And :highfive: to all the latest round of interviewees! You guys are going to rock! And :soexcited: to those who were accepted this week too!
 
👍👍 This, exactly!! I have posted that I was giving up on Penn, and then that I wanted to have hope but didn't, and now here I am back again. I don't think I'll be able to get off the Penn roller coaster until I get an official rejection. I've even wondered if I should call and tell them that I found out after submitting my supplemental that my grandfather, great uncle and great-great grandfather all went to Penn Med. But there's no living donors and certainly no buildings named after my family so I don't think it would (or should!) help at all :laugh:.

I'm ready to hear ANYTHING at this point. However, it seems like there are still a lot of us waiting. Struggling not to lose hope, though!
 
blahhhh i just got waitlisted for wisconsin...i feel like my chances for penn are fading away rapidly.

good luck to everyone else who is waiting...let the rest of us know if you hear anything!
 
agreed x2!!!! I'm still waiting on them too...they're my top choice so I'm really hoping I get an invite soon! But seeing as how many people have already gotten in and have gotten invites, I feel like my chances are getting slimmer and slimmer 🙁

btw...I dont want to jinx myself by asking this question...but does anyone know how lenient they are on changing interview dates? I'm afraid theyre going to invite me for an interview while I'm out of town for a week...and I already have my plane ticket and I cant really afford (moneywise) to cancel it.

it is really late in the game now, IMO changing interview dates now is not an option, if you receive an invite it will probably be for the last interview day. They don't interview much in march, I wouldnt be surprised if March 11th is their last date. But i haven't talked to the admissions committee so that is just a complete guess. If you look in last years interview invite thread they only go through Feb for SDN people, I did hear they had some interviews in March last year but I think just 1 maybe 2 dates.

its kind of like making a deposit on a school if you're on the waitlist for the school you want-- you just do it and forget about the money you lost. So if you get an invite, id just go and forget about w/e the ticket(s) costs
 
it is really late in the game now, IMO changing interview dates now is not an option, if you receive an invite it will probably be for the last interview day. They don't interview much in march, I wouldnt be surprised if March 11th is their last date. But i haven't talked to the admissions committee so that is just a complete guess. If you look in last years interview invite thread they only go through Feb for SDN people, I did hear they had some interviews in March last year but I think just 1 maybe 2 dates.

its kind of like making a deposit on a school if you're on the waitlist for the school you want-- you just do it and forget about the money you lost. So if you get an invite, id just go and forget about w/e the ticket(s) costs

yea, this is true...im at the point where ill take what i can get. i heard from admissions and a current student that theyre doing interviews until mid march this year, but i guess the 11th sounds pretty mid-march to me..unless theyre planning on doing the final ones on the 18th. this is absolute torture. so do they waitlist then? or is it all or nothing?
 
Got my official letter of acceptance yesterday! Sending in my deposit ASAP.

YAY class of 2015!! 😍

Fingers crossed for the rest of the interviewers!!:xf:
 
Congrats, Axel123!

I'm still waiting, too. Trying to stay positive, but also not counting on an interview at this point. It would be a wonderful surprise, though!
 
Has anyone called to ask if they are still sending out invites? I called Monday and they said they were....I just don't want to keep bothering them. I really hope I get an interview!
 
Has anyone called to ask if they are still sending out invites? I called Monday and they said they were....I just don't want to keep bothering them. I really hope I get an interview!

Yea haha I called Monday too and they told me they still were...I started off by saying something like "so Ive heard that youre ending your interviews soon but.."
and they told me no, theyll be doing interviews through March.

But I dont know. Should I still have hope? Im clinging to this thread like a drowning person. ha
 
So I broke down and decided to call. He said they will send the last batch of interviews out on Monday....we should definitely still be hopeful!!! Fingers crossed!!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
 
So I broke down and decided to call. He said they will send the last batch of interviews out on Monday....we should definitely still be hopeful!!! Fingers crossed!!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Nice! Thanks for calling! I hope everyone has a great weekend and an even better Monday! :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well folks, I'm out!

I wish all of you the best for interviews and a great 1st year in vet school!!
 
i'm sorry guys 🙁 🙁 for what it's worth, i've been rejected from 6 schools so far . . . you'll make it happen!!!