USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know if they’re sending out anymore acceptances or is that it for this cycle? Also, any news on how many were given acceptances from today?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if USC is still conducting interviews? I applied mid-July but never heard back from them (my application status still says under review)

Alright so there's 69 members in our group now. The admissions seem to be admitting more girls than boys right now. We only have like 18 guys. Its really funny. But yeah class is getting filled up!

anyone know when the interview date is and how many people they invited?

Did everyone who got accepted join this group? I am wondering if there are still seats to be filled.
Not sure if everyone who got accepted joined... BUT don't see the point in them interviewing unless there was space.

Not sure how to explain the April interview invite but it does seem that they send post-December acceptances in batches? The most recent batch was last Friday, so I anticipate the next round of acceptances to be released later next week maybe...

Im sure that acceptances will speed up now...
Hopefully, as it's mid-April and based on the GroupMe info you provided, we can assume a little over half of the class is full. Admissions should start aggressively sending out those offers soon.

Has USC concluded their interviews for this cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Granted, we were told in early March by Admissions that they concluded interviews, yet there was an April interview. Not really sure what to think at this point :/

Reactions: 1 users
Someone in the Admissions Bootcamp Facebook group said that they called yesterday and was told that interviews were done.
where did you see the post? USC doesnt answer phone calls their office is closed

I understand, but when I went on the page I didn't see the post. you don't have to be rude
Ok, sorry. Well anyways it was in the comments under a girl asking the same interview questions people are asking in here.

i emailed them. they said the status of future interviews is uncertain. i’m guessing it depends on if they’re able to fill their class.

i emailed them. they said the status of future interviews is uncertain. i’m guessing it depends on if they’re able to fill their class.
I hope they start to re-consider the waitlisted applicants

A new week, a new batch of acceptances? Let's pray to the Trojan gods

They have just sent out an email detailing they have arrived at the end of their application review period. Good luck to everyone who got in and for those who didn't, don't lose hope.

They have just sent out an email detailing they have arrived at the end of their application review period. Good luck to everyone who got in and for those who didn't, don't lose hope.
Are you referring to the Dean's message?

I thought they keep everyone they interview on the waitlist until the very end sigh. It seems there will be a lot of moving and shifting (and hopefully a lot of acceptances) this week.

I didn't get any email from usc.. Anyone in the same boat? Is this a good sign or not lol im getting nervous

Yeah, when did you interview?
I interviewed in November. It's long time ago so i thought i don't have a good chance since my file would be at the bottom of their list.
Did everyone else on the waitlist get the email?

I interviewed in November. It's long time ago so i thought i don't have a good chance since my file would be at the bottom of their list.
I interviewed beginning of March and did not receive that email today either. But its sounding like that was probably a good thing.

I interviewed beginning of March and did not receive that email today either. But its sounding like that was probably a good thing.
I’m not sure if this email is sent to the people who are interviewed!

The email was sent to people who didn’t interview, I didn’t interview and received a rejection email earlier today as well.

So people interviewed earlier might be at the bottom of the waitlist? :( That doesn’t make any sense

So people interviewed earlier might be at the bottom of the waitlist? :( That doesn’t make any sense
That was just my personal thought. Hope you don't take it serious!

• Haha
Well, on the bright side, this suggests that they may have finalized their "waitlist" and will start sending acceptances soon. We should expect some news by the end of the week honestly.

I did ngl 😂 At this point I’ve been waiting for too long so I lost hope already:(
In the darkest of times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. -Uncle Iroh

I believe the 15 day offer decision period still applies (up until mid-May). As the last offers were sent out nearly 2 weeks ago, we should have a better idea of how full the class is by now. Can anyone in the accepted/committed students groupme speak to how many committed students there are?

I believe the 15 day offer decision period still applies (up until mid-May). As the last offers were sent out nearly 2 weeks ago, we should have a better idea of how full the class is by now. Can anyone in the accepted/committed students groupme speak to how many committed students there are?
It can be less than 15 days now. I am guessing the 15 day notice for the recent acceptances expires before April 26.
  • Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give the candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
  • If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
  • Notification times may be shortened after April 15.

It can be less than 15 days now. I am guessing the 15 day notice for the recent acceptances expires before April 26.
  • Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give the candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
  • If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
  • Notification times may be shortened after April 15.
That's true. Wonder why they are lagging so much then...

Like this post if you're still Wait Listed here

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I don't think they sent out any acceptances today. It's been 2 weeks since the last batch and not even 2 weeks since the last PBL interview. I would say next week, hopefully...

I dont think the groupme is an accurate representation of how full the class is neither is the facebook page :/ have there been recent acceptances? I see people keep joining the fb page but that may be out of sheer interest

I don't think they sent out any acceptances today. It's been 2 weeks since the last batch and not even 2 weeks since the last PBL interview. I would say next week, hopefully...
Still Wait Listed. Haven't received any 🦷 news