USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

sooo disappointing. i reached out so much, clearly they don’t care about interest
Yup! Just wish they told the people that reached out their timeline, like oh mid-Feb is our last interview batch :/

Members don't see this ad.

Yup! Just wish they told the people that reached out their timeline, like oh mid-Feb is our last interview batch :/
they were sooo weird this cycle. 1 post december interview, what’s up with that??

Reactions: 1 user
they were sooo weird this cycle. 1 post december interview, what’s up with that??
It’s not just USC, I believe UOP and other historically late-interviewing schools are finishing up earlier this cycle D:

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed this week heard when they will be sending out acceptances?

I feel like they are delaying rejection letters for too long. If they already finished interviewing why are they prolonging haha. I’d like to see my rejection and move on 😅

• Haha
I hope they send out something soon. I've been stalking my email like a maniac.
Yeah I feel you.🙇‍♀️🤦‍♀️
As far as I know, they will call people to offer acceptance and then they email them. And they don't reject anyone who is interviewed. You'll be on the wait list until August when the class begins!

What a shame. I sent them a third update email on the 2nd which they replied to on the 4th. Should've just told me it's a little too late for that xD

anyone know when they start sending acceptances after last week's interviews? Usually they send them a week after?

Here's the email: Thanks for reaching out. At this time, we have concluded all our interviews for this current cycle. Please note that in order to gain admissions into our DDS program, students must have been interviewed. Thank you and have a great day!
That's odd. I sent an email to ask them when is their last interview day, and received a reply: Our process is still ongoing.. So can't really tell if they are done with the interview season or it's still an ongoing process.. anyone could verify this information?

That's odd. I sent an email to ask them when is their last interview day, and received a reply: Our process is still ongoing.. So can't really tell if they are done with the interview season or it's still an ongoing process.. anyone could verify this information?
Interesting... when did you receive this email?

Members don't see this ad :)
They are done with interviews for this cycle so yeah "their process is still ongoing" but unfortunately that really only applies to the people that have already interviewed at this point.

I interviewed end of September and have yet to hear back from them :/ I've also sent them two emails with updates/ interest/intent in January and February. We're already mid-March and I'm trying my best to remain optimistic but AAAAH. I just want to know if my future will be at USC and I have yet to hear back from other universities with a rejection or interview date. Most have been saying that it's due to COVID that this process is taking longer which I understand and I don't want to invalidate their efforts but it really is stressful for many pre-dental students. Since it's mid-March, do I just consider this as me not making it this cycle and just reapply for the next or do I just continue to be patient because many others haven't hear back? If anyone is on the same/similar boat as me, I would greatly appreciate you sharing that.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed end of September and have yet to hear back from them :/ I've also sent them two emails with updates/ interest/intent in January and February. We're already mid-March and I'm trying my best to remain optimistic but AAAAH. I just want to know if my future will be at USC and I have yet to hear back from other universities with a rejection or interview date. Most have been saying that it's due to COVID that this process is taking longer which I understand and I don't want to invalidate their efforts but it really is stressful for many pre-dental students. Since it's mid-March, do I just consider this as me not making it this cycle and just reapply for the next or do I just continue to be patient because many others haven't hear back? If anyone is on the same/similar boat as me, I would greatly appreciate you sharing that.
Hey, just reaching out to let you know I'm in the same position. Also trying to remain optimistic, but I totally get the stress you are feeling. We can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I try not to think about it, but it's so hard some days and the anxiety creeps in, haha. Just wish those who got multiple acceptances, and know where they want to go, can quickly let the other schools know!

Hey, just reaching out to let you know I'm in the same position. Also trying to remain optimistic, but I totally get the stress you are feeling. We can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I try not to think about it, but it's so hard some days and the anxiety creeps in, haha. Just wish those who got multiple acceptances, and know where they want to go, can quickly let the other schools know!
wow thank you SO much for taking the time to share what your feeling and going through. I appreciate it and praying for the best for us both and anyone who is in a similar situation.

Hi guys,
Have your status on your application changes when u guys got interviews mine still saying none! Is it too late to get interview now ?

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anybody who interviewed the first week of March has heard back from USC yet? The class of 2025 facebook group already has 156 admitted students in it; however, I believe USC typically has a class of about 144 students. Good luck to everyone! Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anybody who interviewed the first week of March has heard back from USC yet? The class of 2025 facebook group already has 156 admitted students in it; however, I believe USC typically has a class of about 144 students. Good luck to everyone! Thank you!
I also interviewed first week of March and have not heard anything yet. From what I've seen there are several people in that group who just joined the group because they are curious, but are not actually admitted so I would not use that as a reference personally.

I also interviewed first week of March and have not heard anything yet. From what I've seen there are several people in that group who just joined the group because they are curious, but are not actually admitted so I would not use that as a reference personally.
Thank you for your response! I was a bit concerned because the group says it is for accepted students only, but I guess they let a few others join as well! :)

Has anyone heard from them after march 1st interview?

I heard next acceptance offer will send out mid april

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for your response! I was a bit concerned because the group says it is for accepted students only, but I guess they let a few others join as well! :)
Hey Im in the accepted group chat on groupme and we only have 50 members... keep in mind on FB there are current D1s too. So don't lose hope there is still space!

Dont think that they dont read your letter of intent... IDK who said they dont care about letters of interest. But from what I know, they do really value the interest. I was waitlisted first and when I sent in my Letter it definitely was that final push. So dont think that there is no hope or that they don't care. They really do. They got a lot of applications this year so really showing interest puts you as a candidate they really want to pick over someone who is quiet.

Dont think that they dont read your letter of intent... IDK who said they dont care about letters of interest. But from what I know, they do really value the interest. I was waitlisted first and when I sent in my Letter it definitely was that final push. So dont think that there is no hope or that they don't care. They really do. They got a lot of applications this year so really showing interest puts you as a candidate they really want to pick over someone who is quiet.
Are you a current dental student?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information! How long, after you've sent the letter of intent, did it take for them to send an acceptance email (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm trying to figure out how often I should continue to show my interest without being annoying because I do want to be mindful of their time and efforts. ALSO, congrats on being a D1 at USC!

Has anyone submitted a letter of interest/intent in email form or did you attach a document as the letter with the title of it being a letter of interest/intent?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information! How long, after you've sent the letter of intent, did it take for them to send an acceptance email (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm trying to figure out how often I should continue to show my interest without being annoying because I do want to be mindful of their time and efforts. ALSO, congrats on being a D1 at USC!
OMG of course. I was in the same boat so I understand the anxiety. I sent my letter of intent the day they got into office I think it was January 3. Then I got accepted the 22nd of January. So far have you been in contact with admissions? when was the last time you sent a follow up?

Last edited:
Has anyone submitted a letter of interest/intent in email form or did you attach a document as the letter with the title of it being a letter of interest/intent?
I attached it as a separate letter and I also gave them a doc with some updates (GPA, extracurriculars)

OMG of course. I was in the same boat so I understand the anxiety. I sent my letter of intent the day they got into office I think it was January 3. Then I got accepted the 15th of January. So far have you been in contact with admissions? when was the last time you sent a follow up?
I sent an email demonstrating my interest and intent to attend the school along with updates back in January. Then I sent another email back in February with updates (not as an attachment...not sure if that makes a difference). Both times they said that they would add them to my file for the committee to view. Haven't heard back from them since then.

I sent an email demonstrating my interest and intent to attend the school along with updates back in January. Then I sent another email back in February with updates (not as an attachment...not sure if that makes a difference). Both times they said that they would add them to my file for the committee to view. Haven't heard back from them since then.
Alright they also said that for mine.... I would give it time. I cant really say anything because I dont know your stats or anything. USC is known for accepting late so dont get discouraged. If you havent heard back in mid April then maybe send another follow up. We only have around 50 in the GM and some are even leaving to go to diff schools so dont lose hope.

Alright they also said that for mine.... I would give it time. I cant really say anything because I dont know your stats or anything. USC is known for accepting late so dont get discouraged. If you havent heard back in mid April then maybe send another follow up. We only have around 50 in the GM and some are even leaving to go to diff schools so dont lose hope.
Will do and again thank you for your reassurance and time. I greatly appreciate it!

Will do and again thank you for your reassurance and time. I greatly appreciate it!
ofc you can DM me if you have any questions at anytime! Hopefully we get to be classmates this fall!

Does anyone know if they’re still interviewing or not. I don’t think they’re but just wanted to see...

Worst thing is I know a handful of students who are just sitting on multiple schools they have put deposits on and will probably make a decision closer to the beginning of most classes

Worst thing is I know a handful of students who are just sitting on multiple schools they have put deposits on and will probably make a decision closer to the beginning of most classes
The fact that most schools know that they already got other offers/ been interviewed at other schools and still choose them over the ones who are just sitting in the waitlists with 0 offers to choose from is so unfair