USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

The fact that most schools know that they already got other offers/ been interviewed at other schools and still choose them over the ones who are just sitting in the waitlists with 0 offers to choose from is so unfair
I agree. To the schools its a non refundable deposit so its money for them but they know there are a ton of students who will take it in an instant. I had a friend last year apply with 24AA but 2.9Gpa/3.0sgpa and get nowhere but week before midwestern chicago was going to start gets an interview and then an acceptance but he had to find a place and do all that within a span of less than a week? that story alone made me feel a little less inclined to consider even re-applying honestly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to let you guys know that two students are dropping their places at USC. So that means two extra places for those on the waitlist! I will try to keep you all updated on movements within the class.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Another person dropped. So far theres three seats. Looks like UCLA and UCSF is taking a lot of people from our class lol

Reactions: 1 users
Worst thing is I know a handful of students who are just sitting on multiple schools they have put deposits on and will probably make a decision closer to the beginning of most classes
Aren't they at risk of having all of their offers withdrawn if they hold onto multiple offers after the deadline?

Do you know when their deadline is/ is it the same for all schools?
It is likely tomorrow, April 1, for most schools, assuming they were alerted March 1 and gave 1 month to confirm. After May 15*, schools can give as little time as they want, even 24 hours to confirm or risk losing all offers.

Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions (only names are reported with no other additional information). The process for candidates holding multiple positions is as follows:
  1. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give the candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
  2. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
  3. Notification times may be shortened after April 15.
  4. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who are holding positions at multiple institutions.

*Applicant Response Periods. Allow an applicant who has been given a provisional or final acceptance between December 1 and January 31, the minimum response period shall be 30 days, and for applicants accepted on or after February 1, the minimum response period may be reduced to 15 days. The response period may be lifted after May 15, or two weeks before the beginning of the academic year, whichever comes first. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.

Last edited:
It is likely tomorrow, April 1, for most schools, assuming they were alerted March 1 and gave 1 month to confirm. After May 15*, schools can give as little time as they want, even 24 hours to confirm or risk losing all offers.

Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions (only names are reported with no other additional information). The process for candidates holding multiple positions is as follows:
  1. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give the candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
  2. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
  3. Notification times may be shortened after April 15.
  4. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who are holding positions at multiple institutions.

*Applicant Response Periods. Allow an applicant who has been given a provisional or final acceptance between December 1 and January 31, the minimum response period shall be 30 days, and for applicants accepted on or after February 1, the minimum response period may be reduced to 15 days. The response period may be lifted after May 15, or two weeks before the beginning of the academic year, whichever comes first. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
This is super helpful! Thank you!

I just received an email for the two-part interview process... anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
were more invites sent out? admissions said they were done with interviews? im so confused..

Last edited by a moderator:
Another person dropped. So far theres three seats. Looks like UCLA and UCSF is taking a lot of people from our class lol
do u know how many people in the class at the moment?

do u know how many people in the class at the moment?
There are 162 members in the FB group and 52 in the GroupMe. DONT let these numbers scare you. They are FULL of current Dental students and people who are curious. At this point I think there will be a lot of movement. Actually a lot of us are weirded out because we have yet to know more than half of our class. As another member pointed out, there is pressure now for people holding multiple deposits. So expect shifting.

We are holding a zoom meeting for people committing this Thursday and I will let you all know how many show up. You all should hear some news Im hoping within the next two weeks. Im not sure why they are conducting more interviews with a full waitlist but other schools have been loading up the interviews too. I think because of COVID all of the schools are interviewing more people than they can accept. If you do need any help with interview prep feel free to ask.

Im still thinking we only have about 1/3 of the class filled. Another tip, make sure to check the ADEA app as well as your emails. For a couple of my classmates that updated before they got an email.

Reactions: 3 users
There are 162 members in the FB group and 52 in the GroupMe. DONT let these numbers scare you. They are FULL of current Dental students and people who are curious. At this point I think there will be a lot of movement. Actually a lot of us are weirded out because we have yet to know more than half of our class. As another member pointed out, there is pressure now for people holding multiple deposits. So expect shifting.

We are holding a zoom meeting for people committing this Thursday and I will let you all know how many show up. You all should hear some news Im hoping within the next two weeks. Im not sure why they are conducting more interviews with a full waitlist but other schools have been loading up the interviews too. I think because of COVID all of the schools are interviewing more people than they can accept. If you do need any help with interview prep feel free to ask.

Im still thinking we only have about 1/3 of the class filled. Another tip, make sure to check the ADEA app as well as your emails. For a couple of my classmates that updated before they got an email.
you’ve been so helpful. can i message you? it’s not letting me

I havent heard anything regarding the two part interviews has anyone else?

Also roughly the people who got in have 3.75 GPA and 21 DAT as an average. So if you are around there you have a pretty good chance.

So the school is planning to send out acceptance mid April and they are conducting more interviews at the moment..? This is so frustrating..
I think they will send out more acceptances bc our class isnt even full.... And i dont know why they are conducting more interviews if they said they were over. Esp bc they have a full waitlist.

So have they sent out another round of interviews or not?

A faculty (mentor) at another private d school told me schools are making bigger + more robust WL due to uncertainty of COVID. Some students have had to drop due to things such as visa issues. (Just wanted to share)

So have they sent out another round of interviews or not?

A faculty (mentor) at another private d school told me schools are making bigger + more robust WL due to uncertainty of COVID. Some students have had to drop due to things such as visa issues. (Just wanted to share)
I can't say if they have I wouldn't be getting those additional interview emails. I will say that I have gotten interview invites from other schools for these next weeks of April so it isn't impossible that USC is doing the same.

Applied in September. Application has been sitting at "Received/Under Review". I don't know what to make of it, as people have said interviews have concluded, yet now people are still getting interview invites. Does USC typically do silent rejections? Has anyone received an actual rejection this cycle?
wondering the same.. has anyone emailed them recently to know if interviews are still being conducted? i heard they send rejections very late or none at all.

Random Q: At this point in the cycle, has USC issued out any rejections, or...is it not until everything’s all said and done, that those status updates are sent out? Just curious! TYIA

Random Q: At this point in the cycle, has USC issued out any rejections, or...is it not until everything’s all said and done, that those status updates are sent out? Just curious! TYIA
i’ve heard they typically don’t send out rejections or they’ll send it once fall starts so guessing in like august

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know about the new interview batch dates? How many applicants they have invited?

I just got accepted to usc!!! Fingers crossed for all of you. Received an email 5 min ago

I just got accepted as well!! Just put my deposit down. Wishing goodluck to everyone <3

Do they update the Decision Status for accepted students in bulk or sequentially? Mine still says Wait Listed. :(

Do they update the Decision Status for accepted students in bulk or sequentially? Mine still says Wait Listed. :(
Did you receive an acceptance email as well? I have not and I’ve been waitlisted since Dec 15th :( interviewed November 5th

Did you receive an acceptance email as well? I have not and I’ve been waitlisted since Dec 15th :( interviewed November 5th
I interviewed in the Feb/March cycle but still Wait Listed. I am patiently waiting. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Interviewed in early March and just received an acceptance!

I interviewed in November and received an acceptance at 4:19 pst today!