USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did Kira late september and still haven't gotten an interview, sent letter of interest. Fingers crossed for this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Did Kira late september and still haven't gotten an interview, sent letter of interest. Fingers crossed for this week!
how do you think your Kira went? I totally spaced out for a few seconds and my voice was all shaky. Don't think I answered that well so I'm upset and hoping I still have a chance ): Maybe I should send a letter of interest.

how do you think your Kira went? I totally spaced out for a few seconds and my voice was all shaky. Don't think I answered that well so I'm upset and hoping I still have a chance ): Maybe I should send a letter of interest.
I kind of blanked out and wasn't sure if what I was saying was coherent half the time, but in my head I felt that I answered all parts of the question and emphasized my character/goals/values as a person and future dentist pretty well! I think Kira is only a part of our overall application, good luck and hoping for good news for both of us:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I kind of blanked out and wasn't sure if what I was saying was coherent half the time, but in my head I felt that I answered all parts of the question and emphasized my character/goals/values as a person and future dentist pretty well! I think Kira is only a part of our overall application, good luck and hoping for good news for both of us:)
Thank you so much!! I'm sure you did great. Good luck to you too. We've got this!

any recent interviews? Just wanna know if they are done for this cycle.

As repeated, no. I got invited like last week (not going). USC has a low yield and they’ll keep interviewing and accepting throughout the spring maybe summer

Reactions: 3 users
when were you waitlisted? If it was recent in January I've heard they usually send out acceptances in March. Hopefully you will get inS

when were you waitlisted? If it was recent in January I've heard they usually send out acceptances in March. Hopefully you will get in!
So all those who had their PBL on January 31st, 5th, or 7th, February, will hear from them in March?

As repeated, no. I got invited like last week (not going). USC has a low yield and they’ll keep interviewing and accepting throughout the spring maybe summer
When was your kira if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
apparently people are saying they are only interviewing for the waitlist though? I saw that on reddit. Hopefully there are still seats.
usc interviews pretty much the longest and has amongst the most turnover...

Reactions: 1 user
apparently people are saying they are only interviewing for the waitlist though? I saw that on reddit. Hopefully there are still seats.
There are still a ton of seats. After Dec 15 everybody they interview gets put on a rank waitlist. And they pick from there when they send out acceptances.

I was reading up on last years thread and people were getting interviewed even past May! Stay hopeful guys, I'm trying to stay positive through it all too

I was reading up on last years thread and people were getting interviewed even past May! Stay hopeful guys, I'm trying to stay positive through it all too. Plus last time I checked, the group me only had 36 members. When I checked in December there were 56 members. Some members are probably current USC students to give advice and such too

hey! do you mind if i ask what your stats were?
of course not! I had a 3.8ish GPA and 3.5 science. 20AA, 20TS, 20PAT on the DAT! I definitely do not have a perfect science GPA record I had 2 C's in science courses but really worked to bring it up!

Does anyone know if usc typically sends out new rounds of interviews after or during the available dates they have for the current wave? Been waiting since I submitted my kira in mid-September and haven't heard anything at all LOL. My friend who got an interview even though she submitted later than me and with a lower DAT was saying one of the admissions counselors told her they were prioritizing female over male applicants at the moment for pbl invites but I found this hard to believe lmao
I feel like they still send during? I got an invite for March 4 and now people are getting invited for end of March if that helps. Maybe you can send them a letter of interest? It’s hard for me to believe that they are prioritizing females that seems a bit strange.. unless most of the students who have put down deposits for USC are male? Don’t lose hope, I say try a letter of interest if this is the school you want. Good luck to you! Wishing you the best.

Does anyone know if usc typically sends out new rounds of interviews after or during the available dates they have for the current wave? Been waiting since I submitted my kira in mid-September and haven't heard anything at all LOL. My friend who got an interview even though she submitted later than me and with a lower DAT was saying one of the admissions counselors told her they were prioritizing female over male applicants at the moment for pbl invites but I found this hard to believe lmao
If you don’t mind me asking, do you know what your friends dat score was?

When are the second wave of decisions coming out? Last year they came out on March 7th I believe

Reactions: 1 users
For those who interview early March, when do waves of acceptances begin? If they choose to send decisions near June I want to be prepared to reapply...

Do waitlisted applicants that had pre-Dec still have any chance of still getting accepted? Seems like there’s been a lot of post-Dec interviews.

For those who interview early March, when do waves of acceptances begin? If they choose to send decisions near June I want to be prepared to reapply...
there will be movement during the first 2.5 weeks of march
if you haven't heard back by the third week of march, you should start working on next cycle
there will be acceptances into the first week of classes, but it will be sporadic after the 3rd week in march...

Do waitlisted applicants that had pre-Dec still have any chance of still getting accepted? Seems like there’s been a lot of post-Dec interviews.
yes, of course...

Does anybody know when we could hear back from USC? I interviewed on February 5 and I’m stressing out.

Just got an acceptance email too about an hour ago but gonna turn it down. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 2 users