USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Got in via email!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
acceptance email gotten about an hour ago (interview: feb 5)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.

Were there a lot of those who interviewed early feb heard back yesterday? I interviewed on 2/7 but is still waitlisted

My interview is tomorrow and I'm anxious! Will there likely still be spots open after this acceptance wave? I'm hoping it is not just for the waitlist

My interview is tomorrow and I'm anxious! Will there likely still be spots open after this acceptance wave? I'm hoping it is not just for the waitlist
USC is always one of the top 2 or 3 most expensive dental schools in the country, so it has amongst the highest turnover for spots. please don't worry about this and just relax and be yourself...

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last Friday (3/1) as well around 11AM!

For those of you that did the in person PBL was it pretty chill? I'm not sure why I'm so nervous about it. I know it's in a group so that makes me feel a bit better!

For those of you that did the in person PBL was it pretty chill? I'm not sure why I'm so nervous about it. I know it's in a group so that makes me feel a bit better!
It was a good experience for me, not so much for others..I think it depends on which group you get. I hope you get a good group!

I had a really positive experience too. I recommend arriving a bit l earlier and getting to know ppl around you. I think that helped get comfy and really put me at ease. Good luck, you got this!!

I also had a positive experience and think PBL was really fun and chill. If you know how to cooperate with others in a group, I think you will do well regardless of your groupmates. So, share ideas, participate and be respectful. I actually got stuck in traffic, and I was one of the last people who got there. But, they still give you time to get to know others and talk, so definitely do so. Good luck!!

thank you all SO MUCH for the advice! I feel a lot better. I truly appreciate it!

Congratulations to everyone accepted to the USC Ostrow Dental Class of 2028. If you were admitted to the school, here are the links to the Facebook and GroupMe for admitted students.

Facebook: Log into Facebook

GroupMe: GroupMe

Fight On!

Hi guys! Just wondering is it normal to send a thank you email and not get a response?

is it possible to have had a great interview experience and think you performed well but still get rejected? I heard they also review stats and application again, so maybe they'll think I'm not competitive enough despite interview performance?

is it possible to have had a great interview experience and think you performed well but still get rejected? I heard they also review stats and application again, so maybe they'll think I'm not competitive enough despite interview performance?
trust the process...

I think you getting to the interview stage means you are being highly considered! I would be surprised if they think you aren't competitive enough if they offered you an interview. I think they will review very holistically and if your interview went well there is a good chance you will get in. Good luck!!

does anyone know the chances of admission after the interview? I feel like they have been interviewing a lot of people in February/March who have not heard back

All those who got accepted on March 1st just have to pay $2000 by March 15th Right? Background checks and medical screening are not due on March 15th.

For the 2 by 2 photo of ourselves, do we have to go to CVS and print it? Or is a copy of our university ID just fine?

Is the class pretty full? Last I saw I think the FB group has around 90 people. I know they take 144 but I'm worried that spots are filling up fast :(

Is the class pretty full? Last I saw I think the FB group has around 90 people. I know they take 144 but I'm worried that spots are filling up fast :(
usc usually takes the longest to fill their class and interviews the latest...

Yeah plus the Facebook groups for a lot of dental school incoming classes also have a ton of upperclassmen/admin to regulate it so it’s not a completely accurate # for the class size, meaning there’s probably more than spots than 144-90

Are they still sending pbl interviews? Has anyone gotten pbl interview invite after March 1st?

Decline my offer! This one hurt a bit but hope it goes to someone who's been long waiting! (Declined offer that I got from March 1st).

Reactions: 3 users
Decline my offer! This one hurt a bit but hope it goes to someone who's been long waiting! (Declined offer that I got from March 1st).
I’m sorry ): thank you for letting us know! What was your reason for declining if you don’t mind me asking?