Use fingernails on DAT to measure lines and angles on PAT section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TotallyUncertain

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
DELETED!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can understand questions about touching the screen... but you just went totally off your rocker.

Cut your fingernails during the exam to use them as a protractor? Write on your arm?

159817CE-C8AA-48A7-B9EA-5FF838C14CD6.png

Reactions: 5 users
Hmmmm sounds ethically questionable...:unsure:

Whether it's specifically written in the rules or not, that's definitely cheating the system. If you have to convince yourself or others that you can "get away" with something, it's probably not a good idea to do that thing on such a big, STRICT test. Remember, they have cameras and will report you and boot you out if they see suspicious activity. My proctors even checked my arms for notes to be thorough! It'd be terrible if your worries about a tiny SECTION on a PORTION of the DAT led to you get a mark on your record that blacklists you for all schools. NOT worth the risk, imo!!

We all get it-- this test is intimidating and the pressure to perform well can drive to you into a corner of bad decisions. The PAT section can especially feel impossible because it seems like your score on practice exams is all luck. I hated the angle ranking, too. Just practice more and read up on some tips for how to handle the sections you're worried about. This site is a wealth of knowledge to improve your performance so you don't have to rely on loopholes.

Prometric has a camera recording everything in the test room.....

You also can’t have anything in your pockets and you also have to go thru a metal detector. What you’re proposing is absolutely not allowed and will get you in trouble.

Reactions: 1 users