Using MSAR - MSU example

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gordony

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A problem I'm trying to resolve is how to incorporate SDN info, MSAR info and friends & family info to determine which med schools to apply to.

i.e.

take MSU for example. JUST using MSAR I would have eliminated it given that they only interview 100/4000 out of state applicants. HOWEVER, i personally know two people from CA with typical stats who applied and got in. I will be applyting to MSU but I wonder if there are other schools like MSU that I am eliminating via MSAR OOS stats but in reality could end up being good choices to apply to.

any feedback here would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

A problem I'm trying to resolve is how to incorporate SDN info, MSAR info and friends & family info to determine which med schools to apply to.

i.e.

take MSU for example. JUST using MSAR I would have eliminated it given that they only interview 100/4000 out of state applicants. HOWEVER, i personally know two people from CA with typical stats who applied and got in. I will be applyting to MSU but I wonder if there are other schools like MSU that I am eliminating via MSAR OOS stats but in reality could end up being good choices to apply to.

any feedback here would be much appreciated.

Stats > Anecdotes

If you have a COMPELLING reason to go somewhere the stats deem unfavorable, apply. Otherwise, don't waste your time.