This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected off the waitlist just now. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed to ask if this year may be different in terms of waitlist movement!

“ The Office of Admissions does not rank alternate’s applications; alternate applications are reviewed whenever the number of accepted applicants falls below the entering class size. The number of applicants accepted from the alternate list varies widely year to year. The college has admitted alternates into the college as late as a week prior to the start of pre-matriculation and orientation week.

Your file remains under consideration for acceptance until we notify you of a change in your status. Mid to late June, CHM releases the majority of applicants on the alternate list. A modest number are reserved to fill class vacancies as they occur. Our class size and composition is not definite until the beginning of orientation in mid-August. Currently, we do not expect any changes to this process or the usual pattern due to the pandemic.

The Office of Admissions encourages you to make plans for next year as if you were not entering medical school at the MSU College of Human Medicine.

We appreciate your continued interest. If not selected and you decide to reapply, it will be a pleasure to review your application and see how you have grown and flourished as you’ve continued the journey toward a career in medicine!”

I got a similar reply when I emailed about movement, but they also added this note from Dr. Maurer

"Thank you for contacting CHM Admissions. I/we hope that you are managing well given our current health crisis.

This year, movement has been very slow from the committee’s alternate list. And though it’s heartwarming to us at CHM to know that we remain your first choice, we don’t expect a lot more movement from this list for this fall’s entering class. I understand this is not the news you would like to hear, but ethically I want to be forthright about our historical experiences under these circumstances.

Though I can’t predict the future, I would advise proceeding with any plans you have already made. We will continue to keep your application active unless directed otherwise by you or the committee renders a final decision."

I got a similar reply when I emailed about movement, but they also added this note from Dr. Maurer

"Thank you for contacting CHM Admissions. I/we hope that you are managing well given our current health crisis.

This year, movement has been very slow from the committee’s alternate list. And though it’s heartwarming to us at CHM to know that we remain your first choice, we don’t expect a lot more movement from this list for this fall’s entering class. I understand this is not the news you would like to hear, but ethically I want to be forthright about our historical experiences under these circumstances.

Though I can’t predict the future, I would advise proceeding with any plans you have already made. We will continue to keep your application active unless directed otherwise by you or the committee renders a final decision."

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know there were three decisions. Rejection, alternate, ABLE. Has anyone got in to the ABLE program?

We were supposed to hear about a decision regarding ABLE June 1st, but they emailed us and said there was a delay and we would know "soon" :shrug:

Wow, a lot of people are getting rejected off the waitlist today...

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I want be rejected and move on. It's not the end of the world.
It's a waste of time.
Feels like a huge weight was taken off my chest not gonna lie. Now I can be more intentional with my MCAT studying

E
Feels like a huge weight was taken off my chest not gonna lie. Now I can be more intentional with my MCAT studying
Exactly!! OMG, the whole system should be changed.

We were supposed to hear about a decision regarding ABLE June 1st, but they emailed us and said there was a delay and we would know "soon" :shrug:
I learned today two of my friends got into ABLE yesterday. Letting you know.

Off Waitlist?
ABLE is a bit different from the waitlist. They were never put on. It’s MSU 5 year program. You have to pass ABLE to go straight into their med school

I wonder if it’s time to throw in the towel :( I feel Like there’s not going to be anymore movement.

Accepted today! @ 1010 PST. I’m hoping and praying for y’all

Reactions: 7 users
Do ya mind sharing ur stat , if ya don't mind?

yeah of course!
OOS non-traditional applicant
MCAT: 511
Undergrad GPA: 3.64
Post-Bacc GPA: 4.0
LizzyM score was about ~66 last I checked but I may be wrong (didn’t really use this metric but I know others find it useful)

let me know if anything else would help y’all

Just withdrew from the waitlist, it broke my heart but best of luck to everyone!

Any Waitlist movement?

Does it mean it's over?