You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Michigan State
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
minn#4
Full Member
I scheduled another MCAT and started to study for it.. it’s a really crappy feeling, but it keeps my mind off emails and SDN hahaIs there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting one or more Waitlists?
I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. It kinda of diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya know what, I thought R was so bad postion to be until I see how awful is being on 3 Waitlist and still studying for MCAT.I scheduled another MCAT and started to study for it.. it’s a really crappy feeling, but it keeps my mind off emails and SDN haha
minn#4
Full Member
Exactly! I’m on 2 waitlists and I feel the same way. It would’ve been easier to just get the R.Ya know what, I thought R was so bad postion to be until I see how awful is being on 3 Waitlist and still studying for MCAT.
Exactly! I’m on 2 waitlists and I feel the same way. It would’ve been easier to just get the R.
I’m down to only one WL here (MSU), also studying for an mcat retake, but honestly I would be so happy to hear I got off the WL, instead of just being outright rejected. It would be nice to hear before my scheduled date, but honestly I’ll take the acceptance at any point up to the start of the semester. The application/interviewing cycle is a really expensive/exhausting thing to have to endure again. In any case wishing all the best for us all!
Is there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting one or more Waitlists?
I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. It kinda of diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
Yeah I’ve been studying and already have a test date just in case
Im gonna start studying in June if I dont hear by then, wanted to give myself a break after finishing college
bunnygirl275
New Member
This wait is killing me! No one has heard anything or has insider information? Because it's astounding that no one has heard anything.
I agree!!This wait is killing me! No one has heard anything or has insider information? Because it's astounding that no one has heard anything.
minn#4
Full Member
I talked to admissions about a week ago and they said that they did not need to reach into the alternate list yet.This wait is killing me! No one has heard anything or has insider information? Because it's astounding that no one has heard anything.
I talked to admissions about a week ago and they said that they did not need to reach into the alternate list yet.
Does that mean that no one withdrew their acceptance? That can't be right.
minn#4
Full Member
It means that they over accept and there hasn’t been enough that have withdrawn in order to get to the alternate list.Does that mean that no one withdrew their acceptance? That can't be right.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was waitlisted in January and I just got the acceptance call from Dr.Maurer!! ☺ I hope you all hear something soon as well!
Congratulations!! That’s amazing, well deserved!
May I ask were you IS or OOS?I was waitlisted in January and I just got the acceptance call from Dr.Maurer!! ☺️ I hope you all hear something soon as well!
In state!May I ask were you IS or OOS?
Pineapple22
New Member
Just got the acceptance call this morning. i'm in state. Good luck guys!
Did you send updates?Just got the acceptance call this morning. i'm in state. Good luck guys!
Just wondering if that matters.
Pineapple22
New Member
I sent a letter of continued interest earlier on but thats the most communication ive had since interview day.Did you send updates?
Just wondering if that matters.
Last edited:
evo1ved
Full Member
Thanks!From what I understand, Michigan State calls there list an alternate list due to how they take people off of it. But really they are the same thing.
Got the call just now! I have a big decision to make but I am super excited to have this opportunity! 😀
bunnygirl275
New Member
Anyone hear anything? Or have new information about the list? Or has it been depleted? I
Wdym, im still waiting too 🙁Anyone hear anything? Or have new information about the list? Or has it been depleted? I
has anyone heard of movement this week?
Yeah, my motivation/hope is going downhill
Same 🙁 honestlyYeah, my motivation/hope is going downhill
minn#4
Full Member
What movement have you heard of?Yeah, my motivation/hope is going downhill
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like my motivation and hopes are moving downhill LMAOOOWhat movement have you heard of?
bunnygirl275
New Member
I wonder if one of us should ask if the class is full or anticipate more movement 🙁
minn#4
Full Member
I sent an email two weeks ago and they weren’t pulling from the alternate list and now they started. It might be worth a shot.I wonder if one of us should ask if the class is full or anticipate more movement 🙁
Got the call just now! I have a big decision to make but I am super excited to have this opportunity! 😀
Congrats! So they make calls on Saturdays and Sundays?
Pineapple22
New Member
Withdrew my acceptance and know of someone else who did so i'm guessing theres still movement. Goodluck guys!
Like my comment if ur on the waitlist too
bunnygirl275
New Member
Has anyone heard of anyone getting rejected off of the waitlist? I know they were doing that last year.
Hi guys! I got the acceptance call May 15 and after putting some crazy thought into it, I accepted my offer today! I was wondering if there was any way someone could update me on the information given as of now in regard to COVID-19 updates. Also, for the facebook group (I know the link has been posted somewhere here) can I be added by anyone and then get approved or do I need to wait for administration to add me? I need to start looking for a roommate ASAP (I'm from Miami lol can't wait for the snowstorms) and I feel the facebook group tool is an great way to start meeting other fellow classmates.
Thank you so much! I am very excited for this crazy adventure we are about to embark in!
Thank you so much! I am very excited for this crazy adventure we are about to embark in!
FriendlyNeighborhoodPremd
New Member
Wondering if anyone has gotten off the GR campus placement waitlist since we got the ranked list? I know it’s a small sample size but just trying to see if anything has happened since people have dropped their A’s
Is there a ranked waitlist now for people waitlisted to the school in general or is the ranked list for site placement? I'm currently waitlisted but did not get anything about a ranked list.Wondering if anyone has gotten off the GR campus placement waitlist since we got the ranked list? I know it’s a small sample size but just trying to see if anything has happened since people have dropped their A’s
minn#4
Full Member
There is not a ranked list for the original alternate list from what I understand.Is there a ranked waitlist now for people waitlisted to the school in general or is the ranked list for site placement? I'm currently waitlisted but did not get anything about a ranked list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct. Rumor has it they write all of our names onto a little note and put them into a stinky stock. At this point they shake the sock for 30 seconds before selecting a name.There is not a ranked list for the original alternate list from what I understand.
im just joking, I just want to hear back already
minn#4
Full Member
Has anyone contacted admissions lately to see if they expect more waitlist movement?Correct. Rumor has it they write all of our names onto a little note and put them into a stinky stock. At this point they shake the sock for 30 seconds before selecting a name.
im just joking, I just want to hear back already
Has anyone contacted admissions lately to see if they expect more waitlist movement?
I emailed to ask if this year may be different in terms of waitlist movement!
“ The Office of Admissions does not rank alternate’s applications; alternate applications are reviewed whenever the number of accepted applicants falls below the entering class size. The number of applicants accepted from the alternate list varies widely year to year. The college has admitted alternates into the college as late as a week prior to the start of pre-matriculation and orientation week.
Your file remains under consideration for acceptance until we notify you of a change in your status. Mid to late June, CHM releases the majority of applicants on the alternate list. A modest number are reserved to fill class vacancies as they occur. Our class size and composition is not definite until the beginning of orientation in mid-August. Currently, we do not expect any changes to this process or the usual pattern due to the pandemic.
The Office of Admissions encourages you to make plans for next year as if you were not entering medical school at the MSU College of Human Medicine.
We appreciate your continued interest. If not selected and you decide to reapply, it will be a pleasure to review your application and see how you have grown and flourished as you’ve continued the journey toward a career in medicine!”
Thanks for this, now I'm expecting some movement this month 🙂. I just want to feel something, whether its disappointment or happiness, I feel pretty empty just waiting sometimesI emailed to ask if this year may be different in terms of waitlist movement!
“ The Office of Admissions does not rank alternate’s applications; alternate applications are reviewed whenever the number of accepted applicants falls below the entering class size. The number of applicants accepted from the alternate list varies widely year to year. The college has admitted alternates into the college as late as a week prior to the start of pre-matriculation and orientation week.
Your file remains under consideration for acceptance until we notify you of a change in your status. Mid to late June, CHM releases the majority of applicants on the alternate list. A modest number are reserved to fill class vacancies as they occur. Our class size and composition is not definite until the beginning of orientation in mid-August. Currently, we do not expect any changes to this process or the usual pattern due to the pandemic.
The Office of Admissions encourages you to make plans for next year as if you were not entering medical school at the MSU College of Human Medicine.
We appreciate your continued interest. If not selected and you decide to reapply, it will be a pleasure to review your application and see how you have grown and flourished as you’ve continued the journey toward a career in medicine!”
JujuOnDatBeat
New Member
For those accepted, does anyone know if they accept electronic PDF transcripts? If so, to what email address?
I had the same question and you can, the office of admissions gave me this email: [email protected]