This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Forgot to post but I withdrew my acceptance on 4/28 (placed in EL though) hopefully there is movement on the alternate list!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Is there a difference between being placed on the "waitlist" vs "alternate list"?
No
First time poster. OOS accepted to the EL campus, however I'm on the WL at my top two schools! I would like to stay on the west coast for family and support, but I am open to whatever the universe has in store for me.

Were you originally on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
any alternate list movement yet, the silence is so frustrating?

Reactions: 4 users
I heard that Michigan state has not reached into their alternate list yet.
[/QUOTE]
Where you hear that from?

It has been eerily quiet so far. Anyone have any news?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting one or more Waitlists?

I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. It kinda of diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.

I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. It kinda of diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
I scheduled another MCAT and started to study for it.. it’s a really crappy feeling, but it keeps my mind off emails and SDN haha

Reactions: 1 users
I scheduled another MCAT and started to study for it.. it’s a really crappy feeling, but it keeps my mind off emails and SDN haha
Ya know what, I thought R was so bad postion to be until I see how awful is being on 3 Waitlist and still studying for MCAT.

Ya know what, I thought R was so bad postion to be until I see how awful is being on 3 Waitlist and still studying for MCAT.
Exactly! I’m on 2 waitlists and I feel the same way. It would’ve been easier to just get the R.

Exactly! I’m on 2 waitlists and I feel the same way. It would’ve been easier to just get the R.

I’m down to only one WL here (MSU), also studying for an mcat retake, but honestly I would be so happy to hear I got off the WL, instead of just being outright rejected. It would be nice to hear before my scheduled date, but honestly I’ll take the acceptance at any point up to the start of the semester. The application/interviewing cycle is a really expensive/exhausting thing to have to endure again. In any case wishing all the best for us all!

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah I’ve been studying and already have a test date just in case

Members don't see this ad :)
Im gonna start studying in June if I dont hear by then, wanted to give myself a break after finishing college

This wait is killing me! No one has heard anything or has insider information? Because it's astounding that no one has heard anything.

This wait is killing me! No one has heard anything or has insider information? Because it's astounding that no one has heard anything.
I talked to admissions about a week ago and they said that they did not need to reach into the alternate list yet.

I talked to admissions about a week ago and they said that they did not need to reach into the alternate list yet.

Does that mean that no one withdrew their acceptance? That can't be right.

A few people definitely withdrew. They probably offered more spots than available and are hoping that people rescind their acceptance.

Does that mean that no one withdrew their acceptance? That can't be right.
It means that they over accept and there hasn’t been enough that have withdrawn in order to get to the alternate list.

I was waitlisted in January and I just got the acceptance call from Dr.Maurer!! ☺️ I hope you all hear something soon as well!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I was waitlisted in January and I just got the acceptance call from Dr.Maurer!! ☺ I hope you all hear something soon as well!

Congratulations!! That’s amazing, well deserved!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the acceptance call this morning. i'm in state. Good luck guys!

• Love
Did you send updates?
Just wondering if that matters.
I sent a letter of continued interest earlier on but thats the most communication ive had since interview day.

Last edited:
Any OOS alternate listers hear anything or decline their acceptance?

Got the call just now! I have a big decision to make but I am super excited to have this opportunity! :D

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Anyone hear anything? Or have new information about the list? Or has it been depleted? I

I wonder if one of us should ask if the class is full or anticipate more movement :(
I sent an email two weeks ago and they weren’t pulling from the alternate list and now they started. It might be worth a shot.

I withdrew my acceptance from here yesterday! I hope it goes to one of you. Good luck ❤️

Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my acceptance and know of someone else who did so i'm guessing theres still movement. Goodluck guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Like my comment if ur on the waitlist too

Reactions: 18 users
It looks like another week of silence :( I really hope that’s not the case tho

Has anyone heard of anyone getting rejected off of the waitlist? I know they were doing that last year.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I got the acceptance call May 15 and after putting some crazy thought into it, I accepted my offer today! I was wondering if there was any way someone could update me on the information given as of now in regard to COVID-19 updates. Also, for the facebook group (I know the link has been posted somewhere here) can I be added by anyone and then get approved or do I need to wait for administration to add me? I need to start looking for a roommate ASAP (I'm from Miami lol can't wait for the snowstorms) and I feel the facebook group tool is an great way to start meeting other fellow classmates.

Thank you so much! I am very excited for this crazy adventure we are about to embark in!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance call today. WL OOS interviewed Feb. Hoping everyone on this forum gets the call too!

Reactions: 10 users
Wondering if anyone has gotten off the GR campus placement waitlist since we got the ranked list? I know it’s a small sample size but just trying to see if anything has happened since people have dropped their A’s

For those accepted, does anyone know if they accept electronic PDF transcripts? If so, to what email address?

Wondering if anyone has gotten off the GR campus placement waitlist since we got the ranked list? I know it’s a small sample size but just trying to see if anything has happened since people have dropped their A’s
Is there a ranked waitlist now for people waitlisted to the school in general or is the ranked list for site placement? I'm currently waitlisted but did not get anything about a ranked list.