You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by WBecks0
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah hit check exam status and blue link under permit available date is gone.
Yeah the blue link is gone. Does that mean we get the results this Wednesday for sure?
Yeah the blue link is gone. Does that mean we get the results this Wednesday for sure?
That seems to be the general consensus. I haven't seen or heard of anyone really not getting their score the Wednesday after their link disappears.
That seems to be the general consensus. I haven't seen or heard of anyone really not getting their score the Wednesday after their link disappears.
Okay true. It's kind of weird because this will be the 3rd Wednesday after my exam but most people are reporting its coming out on the 4th Wednesday which is why I asked.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay true. It's kind of weird because this will be the 3rd Wednesday after my exam but most people are reporting its coming out on the 4th Wednesday which is why I asked.
I got my step 1 score on the 3rd wednesday, so definitely possible. Same scenario with step 1 too, permit link disappeared and that wednesday I got my score. Hope I get it, so I can move on with my life and stop obsessing
I got my step 1 score on the 3rd wednesday, so definitely possible. Same scenario with step 1 too, permit link disappeared and that wednesday I got my score. Hope I get it, so I can move on with my life and stop obsessing
Thanks hope everything goes well.
Well, thought I'd post in here fishing for any comments of encouragement for my wife who took this test a couple weeks ago and is still inconsolable about her performance on the exam. She really wanted to do well so she'd have a better chance at joining my program for residency so she put a lot of pressure on herself in that respect. She's not into posting stuff and I haven't been able to calm her down with my experience last year, so hopefully someone will read this and feel her (my) pain, lol. I know there are a lot of these anecdotal stories on this site, but I thought I'd post on her behalf to see if I can get her some more support.
She is convinced the test went horribly. She says that she missed a lot of the gimme questions that are in the qbanks, and she's currently up to 25 questions wrong, of the ones she can remember. Does anyone remember roughly how many questions they got wrong that they could think of after the test, and how things turned out? Her practice scores:
UWorld qbank: 68% fully completed on tutor mode
NBME4: 223 (4 weeks out)
NBME6: 237 (3 weeks)
NBME7: 227 (2 weeks)
UWSA: 247 (1 week)
Thanks for any comments. I'll come back and report how she did when she gets her score. Hopefully that'll help more people out who feel like she does.
First, the way she is feeling is pretty much universal - no matter how prepared you are this test will push you to your breaking point and then keeps your face in the dirt for the remaining 5 hours. It's also natural (but not wise) to incessantly recall your mistakes while forgetting all the correct answers in between.
Second, the overwhelming consensus is that you can trust your practice exams. Specifically, NBME7 is known to be brutal and I don't think I've seen a single anecdote of someone scoring less on the real thing than they did on 7. Based on her practice exams I think a 230 is about the worst she could do, and would bet reality will be closer to 240 or even higher. The difficulty of the usmle can vary, but it is scaled accordingly.
Good luck, and remember to keep a proper perspective!
I got my step 1 score on the 3rd wednesday, so definitely possible. Same scenario with step 1 too, permit link disappeared and that wednesday I got my score. Hope I get it, so I can move on with my life and stop obsessing
When is the permit supposed to disappear?
First, the way she is feeling is pretty much universal - no matter how prepared you are this test will push you to your breaking point and then keeps your face in the dirt for the remaining 5 hours. It's also natural (but not wise) to incessantly recall your mistakes while forgetting all the correct answers in between.
Second, the overwhelming consensus is that you can trust your practice exams. Specifically, NBME7 is known to be brutal and I don't think I've seen a single anecdote of someone scoring less on the real thing than they did on 7. Based on her practice exams I think a 230 is about the worst she could do, and would bet reality will be closer to 240 or even higher. The difficulty of the usmle can vary, but it is scaled accordingly.
Good luck, and remember to keep a proper perspective!
Thanks very much for your words of encouragement. I keep telling her the same thing, so hopefully she'll feel a bit more comfortable if she hears it from others too. I will be sure to update when she gets her score back.
what is the consensus of NBME 4 compared to the real thing?
Just took it today, found it fairly straightforward. Thoughts?
I thought the real deal was harder than NBME 4 and UWSA but closest to NBME 7 in terms of question style/difficulty. In regards to the score, I guess i'll hopefully tell you this Wednesday.
Thank you so much. I think I will do just that. I will take nbme 7 and just use it to polish up weak areas, then UWSA and another nbme. ThanksI took UWSA first, NBME 7, then NBME 4. Really I think any of those are good. Although yes NBME 7 was a doozy but use it as a learning tool as well as a predictor. If you're 3 weeks out then don't be scared of 7, just take another one a week later, gauge your progress.
That's my opinion, from someone who hasn't received their score yet [emoji15]
I gave my exam on 29th june and the link is still there.... This is kinda freaking me out!!! (Considering that the link of those who have it on 2nd july have disappeared!)
So I took step 2 today and had a weird exam. 6 blocks of 44 questions, 1 of 42 questions, and 1 of 20 questions. Did something go wrong with my exam??? Has anybody else had a block of only 20 questions? Is this due to the new changes they were implementing?
So I took step 2 today and had a weird exam. 6 blocks of 44 questions, 1 of 42 questions, and 1 of 20 questions. Did something go wrong with my exam??? Has anybody else had a block of only 20 questions? Is this due to the new changes they were implementing?
huh, i took it today as well and had 7 x 44 and 1 x 42 question blocks. that's awesome you had a 20 question block!
huh, i took it today as well and had 7 x 44 and 1 x 42 question blocks. that's awesome you had a 20 question block!
Looks like someone got trolled.
Any who, has anyone gone down significantly from NBME 4 on their real exam? Took it today and it's likely the only NBME I'll take, just wanted to make sure I'm within 10 pts of that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like someone got trolled.
Any who, has anyone gone down significantly from NBME 4 on their real exam? Took it today and it's likely the only NBME I'll take, just wanted to make sure I'm within 10 pts of that.
Will let you know wednesday - It was my best NBME, and I would gladly take a 260 lol. Stay tuned
Looks like someone got trolled.
Not trolling... Hopefully someone who took it yesterday had the same thing and can confirm. My worst fear is that it was a glitch.
Please do, took it yesterday too and got the same score. To date, it was the most straight forward nbme (including step 1 forms).Will let you know wednesday - It was my best NBME, and I would gladly take a 260 lol. Stay tuned
@Random, write to the nbme maybe?
I gave my exam on 29th june and the link is still there.... This is kinda freaking me out!!! (Considering that the link of those who have it on 2nd july have disappeared!)
maybe you're just under investigation to ensure you didn't cheat because you hit 270. haha, don't sweat it, man.
Lol ....that was funny!!!maybe you're just under investigation to ensure you didn't cheat because you hit 270. haha, don't sweat it, man.
My link dissappeared today !!! Hope for the best!
So I took step 2 today and had a weird exam. 6 blocks of 44 questions, 1 of 42 questions, and 1 of 20 questions. Did something go wrong with my exam??? Has anybody else had a block of only 20 questions? Is this due to the new changes they were implementing?
Did the short block have mostly "regular" questions, or were there a crap-ton of drug ads and abstracts? Did you have a full hour for that block or less? Very odd.
My NBMEs have been ranging between 229-237...took the UWSA and got a 224...wtf? Is NBME over predicting or UWSA under predicting? I thought a lot of topics on the UWSA were repetitive, so if you didn't know it you missed marks multiple times...any thought? my exam is in a few days.
Have you done NBME 6? I thought that was a 3-4/10 compared to the real deal 10/10.Please do, took it yesterday too and got the same score. To date, it was the most straight forward nbme (including step 1 forms).
@Random, write to the nbme maybe?
All were regular questions, no doubles, drug ads, ect. Time was same 1 hour that every other block was.Did the short block have mostly "regular" questions, or were there a crap-ton of drug ads and abstracts? Did you have a full hour for that block or less? Very odd.
I'd like to hear some opinions on the best way for me to spend my last week. Basically I'm debating whether to take another NBME (or two) or just review my uworld notes and anki cards. I've taken two practice tests, as well as 4 of the clinical mastery series. I'm happy with my UWSA a few days ago (258). I haven't done nbme's 6 or 7. On one hand there's the argument to do as many novel questions as possible. On the other hand, doing an NBME and then reviewing the missed Q's takes the better part of an entire day - time that could have been spent reviewing my fairly thorough notes. What do you guys think would be the best bang for my buck with ~5 full study days left? I've done uworld almost 2x now, and plan to do the free 131 2 days before the test.
So I took step 2 today and had a weird exam. 6 blocks of 44 questions, 1 of 42 questions, and 1 of 20 questions. Did something go wrong with my exam??? Has anybody else had a block of only 20 questions? Is this due to the new changes they were implementing?
Not trolling... Hopefully someone who took it yesterday had the same thing and can confirm. My worst fear is that it was a glitch.
All were regular questions, no doubles, drug ads, ect... Time was same 1 hour that every other block was.
This is not only obvious trolling but terrible trolling to be honest. Think about it for a second...
The timing is the worst part of this troll attempt. A good troll is never obvious but at the very minimum: (1) creates a fake account (2) posts in a few threads before attempting to troll (3) allows the account to be active at least a few weeks before launching their master plan.
This guy... creates an account at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on a Sunday and claims to have taken Step 2 CK that day. Are Step 1 and/or Step 2 CK even offered on Sunday in the U.S.? Time zone difference? That actually makes the reported even more bizarre for most other time zones. Three posts to date all about the same thing???? They didn't even pretend, "I created a fake account because my main account is too well known at my school."
I have read a crap ton of Step 1 and Step 2 CK experience posts. Exactly zero have reported anything remotely similar. At least try and fake an odd or rare computer glitch or something similar.
Why people get a rise out of trolling, and why people ask trolls such as this serious questions, I will never know. Mods... Is this not an auto ban?
This is not only obvious trolling but terrible trolling to be honest. Think about it for a second...
The timing is the worst part of this troll attempt. A good troll is never obvious but at the very minimum: (1) creates a fake account (2) posts in a few threads before attempting to troll (3) allows the account to be active at least a few weeks before launching their master plan.
This guy... creates an account at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on a Sunday and claims to have taken Step 2 CK that day. Are Step 1 and/or Step 2 CK even offered on Sunday in the U.S.? Time zone difference? That actually makes the reported even more bizarre for most other time zones. Three posts to date all about the same thing???? They didn't even pretend, "I created a fake account because my main account is too well known at my school."
I have read a crap ton of Step 1 and Step 2 CK experience posts. Exactly zero have reported anything remotely similar. At least try and fake an odd or rare computer glitch or something similar.
Why people get a rise out of trolling, and why people ask trolls such as this serious questions, I will never know. Mods... Is this not an auto ban?
Ehh... of course I know not to read anything online without a bit of salt, but there are a few things about his anecdote that cause me to not dismiss it so easily.
1. A lot of people lurk the forums and never post or even create an account unless they have something really unique to share... something like a 20-question block
2. We know that the NBME is trying out new "modifications" as of just last week - so it isn't unfathomable that he could be the first report of this. Maybe they are experimenting with longer or more difficult questions, while also providing extra time for those questions.
3. If I were gonna troll, I would make up something SCARY - like a 60 question block (but still only 1 hour) - hearing about the possibility of 60 minutes to complete 20 regular questions actually makes me happy.
4. Yes, prometric centers schedule exams on Sundays.
It's not really a big deal, we'll either get more reports of the same or not. If not then sure he's probably trolling or indeed experienced a glitch.
First, the way she is feeling is pretty much universal - no matter how prepared you are this test will push you to your breaking point and then keeps your face in the dirt for the remaining 5 hours. It's also natural (but not wise) to incessantly recall your mistakes while forgetting all the correct answers in between.
Second, the overwhelming consensus is that you can trust your practice exams. Specifically, NBME7 is known to be brutal and I don't think I've seen a single anecdote of someone scoring less on the real thing than they did on 7. Based on her practice exams I think a 230 is about the worst she could do, and would bet reality will be closer to 240 or even higher. The difficulty of the usmle can vary, but it is scaled accordingly.
Good luck, and remember to keep a proper perspective!
I know this was directed at someone else, but thanks for this. I've kind of been avoiding this forum so it didn't stress me out, so I didn't know that NBME 7 was notoriously the worst one. Just took it and only improved 7 points from NBME 6 with 2 weeks of studying between them, so I was pretty discouraged. UWSA this weekend and the real deal next week, so I'm hoping UWSA puts me in a better mood, since it seems like that's the best predictor.

Yeah I don't think that guy is trolling.
I took mine last week, had 6 blocks of 44, 1 block of 42, and my last block was 32.
All the questions were normal too.
I took mine last week, had 6 blocks of 44, 1 block of 42, and my last block was 32.
All the questions were normal too.
I'd like to hear some opinions on the best way for me to spend my last week. Basically I'm debating whether to take another NBME (or two) or just review my uworld notes and anki cards. I've taken two practice tests, as well as 4 of the clinical mastery series. I'm happy with my UWSA a few days ago (258). I haven't done nbme's 6 or 7. On one hand there's the argument to do as many novel questions as possible. On the other hand, doing an NBME and then reviewing the missed Q's takes the better part of an entire day - time that could have been spent reviewing my fairly thorough notes. What do you guys think would be the best bang for my buck with ~5 full study days left? I've done uworld almost 2x now, and plan to do the free 131 2 days before the test.
i personally did not find the nbme practice q's to be that helpful. i think doing questions and reinforcing with explainations is much better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man I am so happy to see this. I totally thought I had a glitch. I had 1 42 and 1 20 block as well.So I took step 2 today and had a weird exam. 6 blocks of 44 questions, 1 of 42 questions, and 1 of 20 questions. Did something go wrong with my exam??? Has anybody else had a block of only 20 questions? Is this due to the new changes they were implementing?
I can confirm. This happened to me today. 20 question block. I was able to review every question x2 - regular questions.Not trolling... Hopefully someone who took it yesterday had the same thing and can confirm. My worst fear is that it was a glitch.
So I took step 2 today and had a weird exam. 6 blocks of 44 questions, 1 of 42 questions, and 1 of 20 questions. Did something go wrong with my exam??? Has anybody else had a block of only 20 questions? Is this due to the new changes they were implementing?
Took it today. I had the exact same breakdown as you. The last block being 20 questions terrified me.
Not trolling... Hopefully someone who took it yesterday had the same thing and can confirm. My worst fear is that it was a glitch.
@Random123456789
Let me apologize for jumping the gun and judging too soon. I hope your test went good.
Not trolling... Hopefully someone who took it yesterday had the same thing and can confirm. My worst fear is that it was a glitch.
Ah sorry, just seemed too good to be true, but atleast now you know it's not a glitch. With my luck, I'll probably get a 60 question block in the same time :/
20qns on the last block as well on July 15 exam. This was supremely unfair because more time on the other 7 blocks would have been more helpful instead of 1hr for 20 question which were much easier than the other 306 questions. Does that mean everyone else had more questions if they did 44 x 7, and 42 x 1??? Somehow that doesn't fit with the conventional wisdom of similar test conditions for all.
Hi,
maybe someone has an advice to calm me down.
4 weeks out - NBME 4 - 240
2.5 weeks out - NBME 7 - 261 -> I think it was very straight forward
in betweens: Free 141: 93%
2 weeks out - UWSA - 248 -> did some stupid mistakes (77/68/84/77) -> the 68% block broke my neck, again some stupid mistakes on that one
I am also worrying cause I know someone who scored 250s in NBME6/7 and ended up with 222 (he didn't do UWSA).
I have 10 days left, just did CMS for peds (Form1: 46/50, Form2: 46/50) and Obgyn (Form 1 45/50, Form 2 40/50). Some new nice concepts... like eye exam in JRA etc.
reviewing my wrong UW ones and reading my 80 page Uworld notes, and basically opening random pages in MTB2/3. I will do NBME 6 this when I am 5-6 days out.
I would be happy to get a 240+, I think UWSA was harder than the NBMEs. I had the same experience for Step1.
Maybe someone has some reinforcing words as I am getting more and more nervous. I feel like there is so much to look up and study before the exam. Skim first aid, look at Derm photos, UptoDate, Neuro tracts, Behavioral and Stats, NNT, NNH, RR, ARR, etc... the list seems never ending
Thanks so much everybody!
maybe someone has an advice to calm me down.
4 weeks out - NBME 4 - 240
2.5 weeks out - NBME 7 - 261 -> I think it was very straight forward
in betweens: Free 141: 93%
2 weeks out - UWSA - 248 -> did some stupid mistakes (77/68/84/77) -> the 68% block broke my neck, again some stupid mistakes on that one
I am also worrying cause I know someone who scored 250s in NBME6/7 and ended up with 222 (he didn't do UWSA).
I have 10 days left, just did CMS for peds (Form1: 46/50, Form2: 46/50) and Obgyn (Form 1 45/50, Form 2 40/50). Some new nice concepts... like eye exam in JRA etc.
reviewing my wrong UW ones and reading my 80 page Uworld notes, and basically opening random pages in MTB2/3. I will do NBME 6 this when I am 5-6 days out.
I would be happy to get a 240+, I think UWSA was harder than the NBMEs. I had the same experience for Step1.
Maybe someone has some reinforcing words as I am getting more and more nervous. I feel like there is so much to look up and study before the exam. Skim first aid, look at Derm photos, UptoDate, Neuro tracts, Behavioral and Stats, NNT, NNH, RR, ARR, etc... the list seems never ending
Thanks so much everybody!
Hi,
maybe someone has an advice to calm me down.
4 weeks out - NBME 4 - 240
2.5 weeks out - NBME 7 - 261 -> I think it was very straight forward
in betweens: Free 141: 93%
2 weeks out - UWSA - 248 -> did some stupid mistakes (77/68/84/77) -> the 68% block broke my neck, again some stupid mistakes on that one
I am also worrying cause I know someone who scored 250s in NBME6/7 and ended up with 222 (he didn't do UWSA).
I have 10 days left, just did CMS for peds (Form1: 46/50, Form2: 46/50) and Obgyn (Form 1 45/50, Form 2 40/50). Some new nice concepts... like eye exam in JRA etc.
reviewing my wrong UW ones and reading my 80 page Uworld notes, and basically opening random pages in MTB2/3. I will do NBME 6 this when I am 5-6 days out.
I would be happy to get a 240+, I think UWSA was harder than the NBMEs. I had the same experience for Step1.
Maybe someone has some reinforcing words as I am getting more and more nervous. I feel like there is so much to look up and study before the exam. Skim first aid, look at Derm photos, UptoDate, Neuro tracts, Behavioral and Stats, NNT, NNH, RR, ARR, etc... the list seems never ending
Thanks so much everybody!
I'd put money on you breaking 240+, regardless of what you do in the last 10 days.
Real deal style = NBMEFor those that have taken it: question style wise would you say it was more similar to the NBMEs or UWorld?
Difficulty > NBME and a little harder than Uworld IMO. Also the real deal will be evenly distributed in content compared to what Uworld ot the NBMEs throw at us.
I am also worrying cause I know someone who scored 250s in NBME6/7 and ended up with 222 (he didn't do UWSA).
Did your friend have anything to add about this? What they thought happened on the real exam? Seems like a big drop off...Definitely my worst fear... Welp, guess I've got only 24 more hours of worry
Did your friend have anything to add about this? What they thought happened on the real exam? Seems like a big drop off...Definitely my worst fear... Welp, guess I've got only 24 more hours of worry
Not really... he said he doesn't know what happened, maybe he got tired he thinks. Thats definitely not very common. Just give your best and stay focused. I wish you the best of luck for tomorrow. If you studied hard then it will pay off, hard work always pays off. I know how to calm others down, but I can't do it for myself....
Let me know how it went.
The link of schedule permit on iwa most of the times dissappears before the wednesday on which results are to come out.What do u guys mean when you said you link disappeared? I'm confused. I took mine on June 30th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taking this thing in 3 days, I've been averaging an 87% on UWorld and got a 283 on NBME 4, I'd be happy with a 260+ but I'm pretty sure NBME 4 was a fluke. Any tips on what to do from here till then?
I've only done UWorld, tried going through MTB2 but stopped after a few chapters, it's really bad.
I have the PDF of FA Step 2 CK, would it be worth it to try skimming through it once? I just took a look at it and it didn't seem all that bad to me, not sure why others say it's so horrendous. Just feeling uneasy about not having read through a text.
I've only done UWorld, tried going through MTB2 but stopped after a few chapters, it's really bad.
I have the PDF of FA Step 2 CK, would it be worth it to try skimming through it once? I just took a look at it and it didn't seem all that bad to me, not sure why others say it's so horrendous. Just feeling uneasy about not having read through a text.
Last edited:
A 283 on NBME is not a fluke, unless you somehow "cheated" on it by doing self-paced or googling answers as you took it! Just take it easy, do a few uworld blocks everyday. Maybe review the biostats/ethics chapter of first aid (for step 1) so you don't miss easy any of those easy points.
My link is gone too! Took my exam June 25th.
Hi everyone! I need some help deciding what to do during last 4 weeks. I will finish uw by the end of this month and my avg is 75%. I wrote down all my notes directly to MTBs. My exam is on 25th august. What should I be doing after first round of uw? I am confused between 2 options. Do uw again one more time and keep last 5 days to read mtbs/notes or go back to my old uworld blocks and just read all the explanations and save some more time for mtbs. Goal is to break into 250s. Last nbme was 248.
I procrastinate alot and not the type of person who can do full uw in a week.
I procrastinate alot and not the type of person who can do full uw in a week.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 851
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 583