You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UT Austin Class of 2020
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if UT favors in-state students? I called them and they said no, but according to the statistics they accept far more in-state students than out-of-state ones.
UT Austin doesn't usually start sending invites until sometime in December, so I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.
Great thank you 🙂
Does anyone know if UT favors in-state students? I called them and they said no, but according to the statistics they accept far more in-state students than out-of-state ones.
I don't think they do, maybe not many out-of-state apply?
Hey guys! So last Friday I got an email from UT Reminding me to have all of my pharmcas and supplemental stuff submitted, complete, and paid for. I called earlier last week and they told me everything was in, but for some reason that email made me paranoid once again as to whether I turned all my stuff in. Was this just a general automated email to all applicants? Did you all get the same email? Thanks! 🙂
I got the same email too on Friday 10/30 I think it was a general email 😀Hey guys! So last Friday I got an email from UT Reminding me to have all of my pharmcas and supplemental stuff submitted, complete, and paid for. I called earlier last week and they told me everything was in, but for some reason that email made me paranoid once again as to whether I turned all my stuff in. Was this just a general automated email to all applicants? Did you all get the same email? Thanks! 🙂
Thank you!!I got the same email too on Friday 10/30 I think it was a general email 😀
Yay, everything is in and ready to get reviewed then! Best of luck to everyone who applied 🙂
.
Last edited:
Hi Eli! I have a few questions.Hey guys! My name is Eli (pronounced like Ellie) and I'm a current P1 at UT. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!
1. Did you apply/get accepted to UH? And if so, what made you choose UT over UH?
2. How intense is UT's interview? I know that there's a group interview, MMI, and 2 on 1 interview. I felt that UH's interview was very chill and they didn't ask very difficult questions, so I was wondering if UT would ask deeper questions. Plus, do you have any tips for the MMI?
Thank you so much!
Hi Eli! I have a few questions.
1. Did you apply/get accepted to UH? And if so, what made you choose UT over UH?
2. How intense is UT's interview? I know that there's a group interview, MMI, and 2 on 1 interview. I felt that UH's interview was very chill and they didn't ask very difficult questions, so I was wondering if UT would ask deeper questions. Plus, do you have any tips for the MMI?
Thank you so much!
I did apply to UH and I was offered an interview but I got into UT before the date of my interview so I chose not to go. UT was my top pick because of its ranking, location, proximity to home, tuition, and how I felt about it and their students at the interview. UT's interviews are more intense and they do ask deeper questions but don't stress. My advice would be to be relaxed and to remember things you've done in the past that you can pull from when they ask you specific questions. I would also practice with questions online and familiarize yourself with the pharmacy field. They want to know that you're aware of some of the issues in pharmacy and knowledgeable about the field that you want to get into. Other than that just smile and be yourself 🙂 Once you get an interview, they just want to see if you're a good fit for the school. Chances are is that if you don't get admission, it's probably not a good fit for you either.
Hey guys! My name is Eli (pronounced like Ellie) and I'm a current P1 at UT. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!
Hi! 🙂 I wonder if UT-Austin favors in-state students? Also, when did you get an interview invitation last year? Thank you for your help!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! UT does not favor in-state students. In fact, they do not determine your status until you are admitted into the school. I received my invitation on December 16th!Hi! 🙂 I wonder if UT-Austin favors in-state students? Also, when did you get an interview invitation last year? Thank you for your help!
Do you all know if we need to send our updated fall grades to UT ?
.
Last edited:
I feel like they might send the invites out today. The past couple years it's been on Tuesdays
Last year they went out on December 16, so hopefully it's any day now
D
Dwardo
Just got mine!
.
Last edited:
I'm guessing they sent out all the invites in one day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else get the wait list email? I'm told I am on a "short wait list." How short is short.......
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview so far! There should be more invites coming out though... So don't be discouraged if you haven't gotten anything yet! My big thing on interview day is that I didn't know that parking isn't cheap near UT. You basically have to park in a parking garage. So there's that. But, as far as real interview advice goes, just be yourself. This process is all about seeing if you are a good match for the school and if the school is a good match for you. Don't be nervous! Enjoy the interview day. If you end up coming here, so many people from your interview day will become some of your best friends. Make sure that you are professional during the entirety of the day though... But that should be rather obvious.
Got an invite too! I almost passed out at work haha!
That's what I would say! If you have anything unique about yourself or interesting knowledge about pharmacy, then I would incorporate that into my answers when appropriate. The interview really is to see if you'd be a good match & chances are that if you're not chosen, it's probably not a good match for you either. It's funny because even though we're all so different, we're very similar in a lot of ways & you'll find that each school has a different vibe & their students have similar personalities and goals. Good luck! I'll be there on both interview days so I hope to see some of you there 🙂
Okay so they said that they will still be sending out emails for the next day or two and that we would get an email no matter what the decision is (interview, wait list, denial, etc.) and she said to also check junk mail! 🙂
Did anyone get an email yesterday or today?
Nope not yet... Hopefully tomorrow :/
I got an interview invite! It was yesterday though, I just now saw it.
I'll be there!Hey guys I'm signed up for the Jan 30th morning session. Anyone else going to be there
Last year there was a group exercise type thing. It was my favorite station and nothing to fret over. Also, I'll be there all day on Feb 6th! I'm helping with the Q&A session in the morning and I'm helping with MMIs in the afternoon. I hope to see some of you guys there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that a helpful tip isn't to just not be nervous... But just don't be nervous. The only problem people seem to have with the MMI is getting psyched out about the mere concept. You go room to room where you answer one question per room. You get one or two minutes to read the question before you have to go into the room and address it. In this regard, it is significantly easier than a normal interview.
That being said, just make sure you know yourself. Standard interviews test for what you have done and where you want to go. This interview tests who you are as a person. Be confident in yourselves, know your values, communicate effectively, and always show compassion. And honestly, just enjoy your day there. Talk to the fellow applicants, talk to the students, feel free to ask all sorts of questions, and most importantly, don't stress about the interview. Trust me on this one.
That being said, just make sure you know yourself. Standard interviews test for what you have done and where you want to go. This interview tests who you are as a person. Be confident in yourselves, know your values, communicate effectively, and always show compassion. And honestly, just enjoy your day there. Talk to the fellow applicants, talk to the students, feel free to ask all sorts of questions, and most importantly, don't stress about the interview. Trust me on this one.
