UT Austin Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year the deans and admissions office helped to give out the good news. Notably admissions has only had ONE meeting. That means they haven't made decisions yet about approximately half of the applicants. (Assuming the info I've been fed by people on the admissions committee is right lol)
 
From what I recall (I'm also a current P1. 'Sup Dax, Eli, Austin), all the applicants are reviewed at the first meeting, and the first round of calls are given to their top picks from all the interviews (hence why some that interviewed during the 2nd weekend got calls today as well as some from the 1st weekend). The people that did not get calls will be deliberated upon further at another meeting, and then another morning of phone calls should occur.

BUT THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING FROM LAST YEAR. If it's different, then idk. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it's a theory that seems true.

So, overall, my advice is for y'all to anticipate another day of calls maybe in another week. I don't think the calls will be continuing over the next few days (like tomorrow, weds, thurs, etc.).

Hang in tight for Monday, maybe?


AND A SUPER BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL Y'ALL THAT GOT IN SO FAR! <3 SO EXCITED TO BE SEEING Y'ALL NEXT SEMESTER. :biglove:
- Sincerely, that-one-girl-that-was-acted-like-a-patient-with-bad-allergies-at-the-interviews-if-you-saw/remember-me

 
Thanks for the info[emoji16]. I think you're right! Some of the P1 students the day of my interview explained sort of the same thing. Congrats again to those who got a call!! [emoji122][emoji4] Hoping & praying that I will be joining you at UT this fall.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I recall (I'm also a current P1. 'Sup Dax, Eli, Austin), all the applicants are reviewed at the first meeting, and the first round of calls are given to their top picks from all the interviews (hence why some that interviewed during the 2nd weekend got calls today as well as some from the 1st weekend). The people that did not get calls will be deliberated upon further at another meeting, and then another morning of phone calls should occur.

BUT THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING FROM LAST YEAR. If it's different, then idk. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it's a theory that seems true.

So, overall, my advice is for y'all to anticipate another day of calls maybe in another week. I don't think the calls will be continuing over the next few days (like tomorrow, weds, thurs, etc.).

Hang in tight for Monday, maybe?


AND A SUPER BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL Y'ALL THAT GOT IN SO FAR! <3 SO EXCITED TO BE SEEING Y'ALL NEXT SEMESTER. :biglove:
- Sincerely, that-one-girl-that-was-acted-like-a-patient-with-bad-allergies-at-the-interviews-if-you-saw/remember-me

I'm going to need to know who this is. Dax and I are studying right now and our best guess is Elizabeth.

Also, don't feel bad if you get in during the second round! Dax and I were both second round acceptances!
 
So during my phone call, I was in such shock that I don't remember any of the info the dean was giving me (whoops), so is there going to be a facebook page for us to join or does anyone know what's gonna happen with that?
 
So during my phone call, I was in such shock that I don't remember any of the info the dean was giving me (whoops), so is there going to be a facebook page for us to join or does anyone know what's gonna happen with that?
Same here! But I believe she said we would receive an email with our offer and more information? I don't know if the Facebook pages are something that the school does themselves I always thought older students started them for the year below? Not sure though!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Quick question to anyone who can answer:

Is it alright for me to drop a class that I am currently in that isn't a prereq for UT? In other words, I'm taking A&P 1 because I was planning on going to UNT as a fall back, but now that I've been accepted to UT is there any reason not to drop the course? I haven't caught senioritis, I just happen to be very swamped with different extracurricular obligations as well as taking 21 hours, so dropping this course would make a huge difference in my life.
 
Quick question to anyone who can answer:

Is it alright for me to drop a class that I am currently in that isn't a prereq for UT? In other words, I'm taking A&P 1 because I was planning on going to UNT as a fall back, but now that I've been accepted to UT is there any reason not to drop the course? I haven't caught senioritis, I just happen to be very swamped with different extracurricular obligations as well as taking 21 hours, so dropping this course would make a huge difference in my life.
It's really up to you! If you're seriously struggling to stay afloat at the moment, there's not a real reason to take the class. It doesn't look bad to UT if you drop it. However, you'll be taking a lot of anatomy next year... So it could be helpful.
 
Does anyone know if calls will go out today and how many seats are left they need to fill??? Been on my toes this whole week walking by the phone like a desperate date...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

There's really no definite answer to this unless you're on the committee. Just know that the program has roughly 130 seats to fill, so they accept 150 to accommodate students turning down for other programs. Their second admissions committee meeting is this week so you should find out pretty soon.

Hang in there!!!:headphone:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad