UT Austin Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ME TOO

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call :) Good luck to all those who are going to be hearing back very soon!

Reactions: 4 users
If it is like last year, calls will be happening over a period of about two weeks. Try not to go too crazy. I remember mornings of staring at my phone for four hours in anticipation. Don't do that!

Reactions: 7 users
Got my call about an hour ago!!!!!

Got my call as well! Can't stop shaking omg

Got my call as well!!! So excited :D Congrats to everyone! And Goodluck to those that are still waiting to hear back :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call as well!!!!! 1:27PM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call too! I was expecting it on Tuesday! Woohoo!!! Congrats everyone!!!!

Got the call! I was shaking as well! So exciting!!!

CONGRATS TOO ALL!!:D
i'm a nervous wreck...

CONGRATS TOO ALL!!:D
i'm a nervous wreck...
Same here. I haven't heard back at all no email or call. Really getting nervous. But congrats to every one who got accepted

Last edited:
Congratulations to all of you got calls. Nervous banana is here.....Anxiety getting higher.

Reactions: 1 users
Same here...still waiting too :/

were those acceptance calls for the first group of interviewees or both?

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone who has received a call.:clap: My phone is literally glued to my hand...getting a little scared. I know this is just the first wave but still. :xf:

I got a call as well and I interviewed 02/06 at 1pm

Congrats to those who received the call!! Was wondering if you know who is giving these calls and when they will stop calling??

Last year the deans and admissions office helped to give out the good news. Notably admissions has only had ONE meeting. That means they haven't made decisions yet about approximately half of the applicants. (Assuming the info I've been fed by people on the admissions committee is right lol)

Got a call at 4:50 PM! Patience is key so hang in there y'all. Good luck to everyone else waiting for acceptance!

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who made it! Really looking forward to meeting you all soon!!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. The committee will be making calls throughout the following weeks.

Best of luck!!

Is today the only day they will be calling for the first wave?
Should we be expecting calls tomorrow?

From what I recall (I'm also a current P1. 'Sup Dax, Eli, Austin), all the applicants are reviewed at the first meeting, and the first round of calls are given to their top picks from all the interviews (hence why some that interviewed during the 2nd weekend got calls today as well as some from the 1st weekend). The people that did not get calls will be deliberated upon further at another meeting, and then another morning of phone calls should occur.

BUT THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING FROM LAST YEAR. If it's different, then idk. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it's a theory that seems true.

So, overall, my advice is for y'all to anticipate another day of calls maybe in another week. I don't think the calls will be continuing over the next few days (like tomorrow, weds, thurs, etc.).

Hang in tight for Monday, maybe?

AND A SUPER BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL Y'ALL THAT GOT IN SO FAR! <3 SO EXCITED TO BE SEEING Y'ALL NEXT SEMESTER. :biglove:
- Sincerely, that-one-girl-that-was-acted-like-a-patient-with-bad-allergies-at-the-interviews-if-you-saw/remember-me

Reactions: 8 users
Thanks for the info. I think you're right! Some of the P1 students the day of my interview explained sort of the same thing. Congrats again to those who got a call!! Hoping & praying that I will be joining you at UT this fall.

From what I recall (I'm also a current P1. 'Sup Dax, Eli, Austin), all the applicants are reviewed at the first meeting, and the first round of calls are given to their top picks from all the interviews (hence why some that interviewed during the 2nd weekend got calls today as well as some from the 1st weekend). The people that did not get calls will be deliberated upon further at another meeting, and then another morning of phone calls should occur.

BUT THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING FROM LAST YEAR. If it's different, then idk. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it's a theory that seems true.

So, overall, my advice is for y'all to anticipate another day of calls maybe in another week. I don't think the calls will be continuing over the next few days (like tomorrow, weds, thurs, etc.).

Hang in tight for Monday, maybe?

AND A SUPER BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL Y'ALL THAT GOT IN SO FAR! <3 SO EXCITED TO BE SEEING Y'ALL NEXT SEMESTER. :biglove:
- Sincerely, that-one-girl-that-was-acted-like-a-patient-with-bad-allergies-at-the-interviews-if-you-saw/remember-me

I'm going to need to know who this is. Dax and I are studying right now and our best guess is Elizabeth.

Also, don't feel bad if you get in during the second round! Dax and I were both second round acceptances!

Reactions: 5 users
Seriously pharm9880 u are the best.. Been reading your comments and it's always so assuring.. Thanks!!
From
Freaking out students!

LOL it's for sure Elizabeth.

Congratulations to everyone who has received their calls so far! Super excited to meet you all in the fall. I'm pretty sure they still have a lot of calls to make so don't worry guys! And remember that you'll end up where you're supposed to be :)

Reactions: 6 users
I received a phone call yesterday (2/22) at 12:32pm! woohooooooo! I'm so excited :D

So during my phone call, I was in such shock that I don't remember any of the info the dean was giving me (whoops), so is there going to be a facebook page for us to join or does anyone know what's gonna happen with that?

So during my phone call, I was in such shock that I don't remember any of the info the dean was giving me (whoops), so is there going to be a facebook page for us to join or does anyone know what's gonna happen with that?
Same here! But I believe she said we would receive an email with our offer and more information? I don't know if the Facebook pages are something that the school does themselves I always thought older students started them for the year below? Not sure though!

I'm pretty sure it's usually something that the four New Student Orientation chairs set up! You'll get info about that in the future. I'll tell them to get on it lol

Quick question to anyone who can answer:

Is it alright for me to drop a class that I am currently in that isn't a prereq for UT? In other words, I'm taking A&P 1 because I was planning on going to UNT as a fall back, but now that I've been accepted to UT is there any reason not to drop the course? I haven't caught senioritis, I just happen to be very swamped with different extracurricular obligations as well as taking 21 hours, so dropping this course would make a huge difference in my life.

Quick question to anyone who can answer:

Is it alright for me to drop a class that I am currently in that isn't a prereq for UT? In other words, I'm taking A&P 1 because I was planning on going to UNT as a fall back, but now that I've been accepted to UT is there any reason not to drop the course? I haven't caught senioritis, I just happen to be very swamped with different extracurricular obligations as well as taking 21 hours, so dropping this course would make a huge difference in my life.
It's really up to you! If you're seriously struggling to stay afloat at the moment, there's not a real reason to take the class. It doesn't look bad to UT if you drop it. However, you'll be taking a lot of anatomy next year... So it could be helpful.

Does anyone know if calls will go out today and how many seats are left they need to fill??? Been on my toes this whole week walking by the phone like a desperate date...

Does anyone know if calls will go out today and how many seats are left they need to fill??? Been on my toes this whole week walking by the phone like a desperate date...

There's really no definite answer to this unless you're on the committee. Just know that the program has roughly 130 seats to fill, so they accept 150 to accommodate students turning down for other programs. Their second admissions committee meeting is this week so you should find out pretty soon.

Hang in there!!!:headphone:

How late do they make calls before they stop for the day?

Calls went out today?

Yes. A friend of mine got a call today.

Now I'm feeling worse I haven't heard anything not even an email

I'm right there with you.

I am getting a bit anxious right now! Is today the last day sending out calls?

Haven't received anything either

I am still waiting the call with a little anxiety. plz plz plz......