This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve taken the Kaplan course and renewed it each time for the multiple times I’ve taken the mcat. I took a total of 20+ mcat practice tests for my last mcat and averaged a 508 under full timed testing conditions and environment. But my actual mcat score turned out to be a 494. It’s not like I don’t know my stuff. For some reason the mcats been not working out for me.

With this program I finally have the chance to actually pursue my dream. I’m not worried about the cost of the program. My plans to work my butt off and get that December acceptance. Cuz in the end, med school is gonna put you in $200k of debt. What’s another $30k for this program right ?

And everyone I know from vcom med school has said that every student in their class who did the post bac is literally killing it in the first and second year of med school.

And I’ve been out of school for a few years and I think it’ll be a great opportunity.
Wow its so crazy but comforting to know that i am not the only that has had such an awful experience with the mcat. This test has literally been a nightmare. Scoring 507-515 on practice exams and still only managing to score below 500 on yout third attempt. Its crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted!

Verified 1/28. Got the bluefield login email on 5/1. Called Sheila this morning and was notified of my acceptance.

3.1sGPA, 3.4cGPA. Strong LORs
plus years of scribing/CNA work.
Taking the MCAT in July.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!
Received BC email login last Thursday and letter in mail Sunday. Transferred my DO app beginning of March.
3.58sGPA, 3.69cGPA, 498 MCAT

Reactions: 8 users
I've been anxiously waiting to hear back! I was verified 1/31. I'm assuming I went into the maybe pile?? I'm looking for any sign. I hope I'm not dragged along just to get rejected in the end. I'm an applicant from Arizona and I'm not sure if this is a negative factor. Has anyone been accepted from the west coast?

Yes there are a few of us from the west here. If you have the right reason for applying, they'll take you.

Just talked to Shelia, she also said that if you get the my BC account login that you are accepted. They have just been having issues with communication since it’s a new program and that information on how to matriculate into the program would sent be through the my BC thing. So check it daily!

Reactions: 1 users
Just talked to Shelia, she also said that if you get the my BC account login that you are accepted. They have just been having issues with communication since it’s a new program and that information on how to matriculate into the program would sent be through the my BC thing. So check it daily!
Did she indicate what to be looking out for?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!
Received BC email login last Thursday and letter in mail Sunday. Transferred my DO app beginning of March.
Congrats! I’m glad they are on March transfers! I transferred March 21st

Accepted!
Long shot, but you wouldn’t happen to know if MABS strictly reviews the AACOMAS calculated GPA and/or all transcripts? There was mention of factoring repeats into the calculation prior on the forum...I know AACOMAS does that, but does MABS? I’d assume if they didn’t this would require review of all transcripts. Just curious at this point. My stats are similar to yours via AACOMAS calculation.

Did she indicate what to be looking out for?

When I last talked to her, she said it could take 1-2 weeks after a decision is made to get the MyBC email, and it sounded like the letter could come either before or after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I last talked to her, she said it could take 1-2 weeks after a decision is made to get the MyBC email, and it sounded like the letter could come either before or after that.

So what your saying is that they could have made a decision already about some of us, but we wont know until 2 weeks later after it was made??

Long shot, but you wouldn’t happen to know if MABS strictly reviews the AACOMAS calculated GPA and/or all transcripts? There was mention of factoring repeats into the calculation prior on the forum...I know AACOMAS does that, but does MABS? I’d assume if they didn’t this would require review of all transcripts. Just curious at this point. My stats are similar to yours via AACOMAS calculation.
Hmm I am actually not sure, I'm sorry!

The best thing you can do if you're waiting is to do anything to distract yourself and turn off alerts for this thread. It doesn't get you a decision any faster by knowing other people got in. It stressed me out tremendously last year when I had to wait 4 months for an answer. Do your mental health a favor if it's causing anxiety.

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone is looking for a female roommate, please PM me

So what your saying is that they could have made a decision already about some of us, but we wont know until 2 weeks later after it was made??

I guess it can take up to two weeks, but the point is also that hearing nothing doesn’t mean rejection so don’t fret! Easier said than done though, I know. I was constantly checking. But when you do, she said be sure to check your spam folder too, since it might end up there.

Does anyone know how long it takes for your file to get reviewed by the board and then get an acceptance or denial?

This is my #1 program but I've already been accepted somewhere else and they start early June :(

i got an email from Shelia saying that the committee wants to see my spring 2018 final grades...until then they won't review my application. I submitted my application march 28th and verified 29th. anyone else on the same boat?

Well the class is already full and the waitlist is barely moving (but is). If you were waiting on a decision, it'd likely be for the waitlist or deferred acceptance, not a direct acceptance unless you have incredible stats. I'd probably start planning to attend the school that accepted you.

Who told you that because I called last Wednesday and that wasn't stated.

i got an email from Shelia saying that the committee wants to see my spring 2018 final grades...until then they won't review my application. I submitted my application march 28th and verified 29th. anyone else on the same boat?
Wow they already on March 28th. I got verified March 12 but havent heard anything back. Starting to worry now.

Wow they already on March 28th. I got verified March 12 but havent heard anything back. Starting to worry now.

She's probably double-checking applications before she sends them to the committee for review. I wouldn't worry about it.

This is a very dumb question to ask but which number that you guys used to contact the school?

Patiently waiting....transfered my DO app on 03/28/18. Would love to attend this program!

Just curious, does anyone know if there are research opportunities available to students in this program?

PM me if you are looking for a male roommate.

I would like to call them and ask if my application is under review, but something is telling me that that would be a red flag. lol

I would like to call them and ask if my application is under review, but something is telling me that that would be a red flag. lol
Same I was going to be sneaky and ask if they wanted my final transcript in order to ~maybe~ get an update but I also feel like that is a bad idea haha

Don't bother them for updates. It can only hurt (although last year plenty of people did it without issue, but there isn't anything to actually be gained from knowing).

I would actually contact them if you have not heard anything for a long time. I had transferred my DO application back towards the beginning of the year and was told that my application was fully complete and in line for review. I contacted Sheila recently to follow up since I had not heard back anything, and I was told my application was on hold due to an error with some of the documentation they recieved. I was not contacted in any way and would never have found out about this error had I not contacted them. I was basically on hold for 2+ months without even being told of the error which was not from my side. I was disappointed about this but at least I managed to correct it immediately and am hoping I still have a shot at getting an acceptance offer.

I would actually contact them if you have not heard anything for a long time. I had transferred my DO application back towards the beginning of the year and was told that my application was fully complete and in line for review. I contacted Sheila recently to follow up since I had not heard back anything, and I was told my application was on hold due to an error with some of the documentation they recieved. I was not contacted in any way and would never have found out about this error had I not contacted them. I was basically on hold for 2+ months without even being told of the error which was not from my side. I was disappointed about this but at least I managed to correct it immediately and am hoping I still have a shot at getting an acceptance offer.

Wow that's good to know. I didn't know anyone with that issue but if that's the case and it's been an exceptionally long time with no communication, I retract my statement and say go for it

Wow, your post has me concerned about my own app. I am a transfer as well. I wonder why they seem to be having trouble with the transfer applications this year as opposed to other years?

Don't bother them for updates. It can only hurt (although last year plenty of people did it without issue, there isn't anything to actually be gained from knowing).
I agree with you to an extent but that recent post by Avatar has me concerned. Its one of those situations where you really don't know if you'll burn yourself from calling or get notified of an issue. Ehh, time to get up on em knees and pray. lol Only way I'll find some consolation.

Wow, your post has me concerned about my own app. I am a transfer as well. I wonder why they seem to be having trouble with the transfer applications this year as opposed to other years?

It probably has a lot to do with the whole "partnering" with Bluefield College.

It probably has a lot to do with the whole "partnering" with Bluefield College.
True, but it is the first year. I guess they need time to organize things. I just hope it does not interfere with admissions being able to properly review each candidate before the class is full.

To confirm, MABS provided confirmation that your application was ‘verifed’, then put it on hold due to an ‘erorr’? What type of error would cause delay post verification?

To confirm, MABS provided confirmation that your application was ‘verifed’, then put it on hold due to an ‘erorr’? What type of error would cause delay post verification?

Yes, I had prior email and phone correspondence with Sheila who specifically stated that my application was complete and in the pile for review. As for the error, I would rather not disclose for purposes of anonymity (in the off chance that someone from the MABS admissions team is browsing through these forums and this error was unique to my case only). You can send me a PM and I can disclose there if you would like.