This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So does anyone know when the admissions committee meets? So I can have an idea of when to look out for a response.

Members don't see this ad.

So does anyone know when the admissions committee meets? So I can have an idea of when to look out for a response.

You can call and ask. Someone said that their goal was to review 40+ applications per week, and by January....they had already received 600 applications.

Reactions: 1 user
You can call and ask. Someone said that their goal was to review 40+ applications per week, and by January....they had already received 600 applications.

It's not surprising. After the AACOMAS changes, it's one of the most valuable programs for DO admissions. I would expect to wait a while.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm nervous that I'll come off as impatient. Would you think they'll think that?

I'm nervous that I'll come off as impatient. Would you think they'll think that?

As long as you haven't been incessantly calling them, I don't see why one phone call would make them think that of you. If you are not comfortable doing so, you can get an estimate of where they are at in reviewing applications by looking at the verified dates of the above applicants that were accepted. It seems like there is a mutual understanding of posting any updates here (acceptance/rejection) along with their verified dates.

For those of you in the program, how's the last term been so far?

For those of you in the program, how's the last term been so far?

It’s not a pushover, that’s for sure. I felt like the first semester was a bit better tbh but at minimum spring has been manageable.

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current student comment on the grading scale and what composes the grades within the courses?

So did anyone else hear anything yet? Are they still sending out notifications? Transferred my app in March, still haven’t heard anything back yet...

Has anyone who transferred their application been accepted yet?

So did anyone else hear anything yet? Are they still sending out notifications? Transferred my app in March, still haven’t heard anything back yet...
Radio silence...I also tranferred my app in March. As soon as I hear back, I will post it!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah we haven't heard anything the past couple of weeks.

My wife just got accepted yesterday and she was verified early December so they probably haven’t gotten to March.

My wife just got accepted yesterday and she was verified early December so they probably haven’t gotten to March.

Congratulations to both of you! I was verified mid-February, hope they still have spots by the time they get to the February applicants.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing whether she received an email or letter first? And approximate stats?

Has anyone who transferred their application checked their PostBacCas profile? I just realized your AACOMAS and PostBacCas login information is the same... and when I log into PostBacCas my application is incomplete. I'm guessing they are just looking at the AACOMAS application? :xf:

Has anyone who transferred their application checked their PostBacCas profile? I just realized your AACOMAS and PostBacCas login information is the same... and when I log into PostBacCas my application is incomplete. I'm guessing they are just looking at the AACOMAS application? :xf:
I have not, however, Sheila said we are not required to submit anything additional and tracking would not be available. I would not worry that your status says incompete. Have you confirmed via email that your application is complete? I did a few weeks after my transfer, and she quickly responded that it was complete for review.

So I just got the same message @Cushing H received.
I just got the same email that you and @Cushing H received from Bluefield with my username and password. I am happy to finally hear something from them but I am not sure what that means. I can't find any information regarding admission in the student portal.

Is everyone getting this email from BC with an account that they made for you to use? If so, I feel like that is weird for them to make an account for every application.

Is everyone getting this email from BC with an account that they made for you to use? If so, I feel like that is weird for them to make an account for every application.
Based on the posts it seems like several people have received account login emails. If those are the applicants who also received acceptances, it’s safe to safe they are sending the emails to just those who are accepted.

Based on the posts it seems like several people have received account login emails. If those are the applicants who also received acceptances, it’s safe to safe they are sending the emails to just those who are accepted.

My wife did not receive an account login email prior to receiving her acceptance.

If they are still on early December applications, they are not going to have any seats left by February and March :scared:

Do you mind telling what exact date your wife’s application was verified ? I’m curious cuz mine was verified December 7th and I haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks

If they are still on early December applications, they are not going to have any seats left by February and March :scared:

It seems like that will most likely happen. I'm guessing that the class will fill up by the time they finish with January applications. I'm crossing my fingers that they at least go through all the applications, even if they have to be extremely selective at the end.

Oh well, time to do really well on the mcat

It seems like that will most likely happen. I'm guessing that the class will fill up by the time they finish with January applications. I'm crossing my fingers that they at least go through all the applications, even if they have to be extremely selective at the end.

Oh well, time to do really well on the mcat

I'm hoping they are doing the definite yes's and have a nice maybe pile going so they get through everyone's. I applied Feb 1 because I was waiting on my LORs for so long, and I thought it was still reasonable to apply right in the middle but hey who knows. It's probably still too early to stress considering it seems like they are still on December.

Based on the postings there are quite a few post DEC verification that heard back, so it’s really difficult gauge their review methods. Try not to worry, I’m sure they will review the FEB/MAR apps sooner or later.

Any current students have a book list they could send me? or the link to the list. It's not on the Bluefield website.

Those of you that have been accepted, do you have any information on when the first day of class will be? I have a trip to Ghana and im trying to decide when to book my return flight IF i am to be accepted into the program.

Those of you that have been accepted, do you have any information on when the first day of class will be? I have a trip to Ghana and im trying to decide when to book my return flight IF i am to be accepted into the program.
July 23rd as I under stand it.

Do you mind telling what exact date your wife’s application was verified ? I’m curious cuz mine was verified December 7th and I haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks

I was verified a day after you! Still haven't heard back yet but I guess no news is also good news? lol Keep your head up!

Any current students have a book list they could send me? or the link to the list. It's not on the Bluefield website.
Hey Cushing, this was the book list from last years fall semester. Im not sure if it will change at all this year or not?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.03.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.03.43 PM.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 76

There isn't any class that you would need a book for. Everything is tested out of the PowerPoints.

I'm not a VA resident; I'm from TX so originally my assigned campus with the guaranteed admission was Auburn. I had to appeal to Dean Wilcox to stay in Virginia because I am married and my spouse has a job here doing research at Virginia Tech. I don't have children yet, still trying to figure out that timeline lol....

When appealing for a specific campus, they say you have to present a very strong reason with family, community, etc. I do think that the timing of getting in impacts your chance of success. The acceptances are sent out in December, March, or May depending on when you achieve all of the benchmarks. I was lucky enough to be accepted in December, and I think that might be why my appeal was granted - because they probably still had a ton of open seats. They emphasize that if your spouse has a "career type job", not just a retail position or something temporary, then that's a good basis for appeal. I believe that having children in school is also a good reason. Reasons that have been denied (to my knowledge) are having a sick extended family member and being part of a specific church, but again, I think those people also got in later than December.

Does that answer your question?

Just an FYI my girlfriend of 6 years has a job at VT and my appeal got rejected. If you're going to appeal, apparently you have to lie and say it's your fiance/spouse to get priority. Still very frustrated she's going to lose her first stable job to move despite being grateful to get in anywhere.

So my wife and I are taking a day trip up to Blacksburg. Any suggestions on what we should go check out?

So my wife and I are taking a day trip up to Blacksburg. Any suggestions on what we should go check out?

Dude outside of the college area with the same restaurants and bars that are elsewhere, there isn't much going on in Blacksburg. You can take a scenic walk around duck pond. If you've never seen a farm before they have many of those.

Accepted! just got the letter in the mail. 3.4gpa. MCAT May5th. Got verified February 1st.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys, I have a question, maybe someones been in this situation before? So the postbaccas app has space for 2 different addresses, one permanent and one temporary. Does anyone know which one they send it to or should I call and ask?

Accepted! just got the letter in the mail. 3.4gpa. MCAT May5th. Got verified February 1st.

Congrats !
It’s odd how they suddenly went to February. I have no idea how they’re approaching this

Hey guys, I have a question, maybe someones been in this situation before? So the postbaccas app has space for 2 different addresses, one permanent and one temporary. Does anyone know which one they send it to or should I call and ask?

Send what to? I would imagine it would be temporary > permanent.

Send what to? I would imagine it would be temporary > permanent.
Sorry, any notification rejection or acceptances. My permanent address was my parents but their out of the country so I figure I'd asked. Thank you for your input!

Sorry, any notification rejection or acceptances. My permanent address was my parents but their out of the country so I figure I'd asked. Thank you for your input!

Almost all communication for the post-bacc is through e-mail. If you're on top of that, you're not going to miss anything.

I hope you guys get your letter soon!! thank you all..I'm guessing your permanent address but I only provided one address so I am not sure which one they use.

Almost all communication for the post-bacc is through e-mail. If you're on top of that, you're not going to miss anything.
hey man I was going to ask you if it was possible to join the Facebook group from last year or should I go ahead and open a new one for this year?

Alright sweet! Yeah they emailed me March 30th for additional info while they were reviewing my app but I havent heard anything since, wasnt sure if I missed anything.