This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I had a dollar for every time someone told me to retake the MCAT, I would be a millionaire. I have taken it 3 times and still only landed a 493. This masters program is a great opportunity to prove that I have what it takes to succeed in medical school. I want to show that the MCAT is just a number and I can succeed regardless of the test. I'm sure I could get a higher score if I took off work for 3 months to study but it isn't feasible. I don't have that luxury like some other people. Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!
Oh im sorry, i thought you've only taken the exam once. But also remember the benchmark to makr into the DO school is a 494 so you need to retake regardless. But you are right either way you are an excellent candidate for this program anf i know ypu will brcomr very successful both in it and med school. Dont lose hope. Ill be keeping you in my prayers as well.

Members don't see this ad.

• Accepted. STATS: sGPA: 3.22, cGPA: 3.29, MCAT: 496.
  • Paid PosBacCAs application on Tuesday 13th Feb 2018.
  • Verified Application on Friday 16th Feb 2018.
  • Received myBC Login yesterday Thursday 24th May 2018. Emailed sheila and verified if this meant I was accepted and she said yes. Now waiting for acceptance letter by mail.
I'm in the process of searching for a room. Please is there anyone who is willing to get a 2 bedroom flat with me so we can split the bill? Thanks
Please direct message me at (240) 423 5068 so we can search together.
Congrats to all who got in.:soexcited::clap::claps::highfive:.
For those still waiting, Trust that God's plan is the best for ya and do not lose hope.

"Its not by power, its not by might but by the spirit" says the LORD almighty. Zechariah 4:6.
I need a roomate! Ill text you!

Reactions: 1 user
C02E787D-66E0-4705-9450-8A85A6855CAA.png
"Abby95, post: 20014693, member: 653385"]Oh im sorry, i thought you've only taken the exam once. But also remember the benchmark to makr into the DO school is a 494 so you need to retake regardless. But you are right either way you are an excellent candidate for this program anf i know ypu will brcomr very successful both in it and med school. Dont lose hope. Ill be keeping you in my prayers as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello and congrats to everyone! TWO FEMALE students looking for a THIRD FEMALE roommate! Message me for details, and we will loop you in! Great deal, looking to lock it down Tuesday upon return of our leasing agent contact.

15 days to put down the deposit from the day you receive your acceptance
What would be considered the day we received our acceptance? Would it be confirmation from Shelia through email/phone or would it be from the letter you receive in the mail?

What would be considered the day we received our acceptance? Would it be confirmation from Shelia through email/phone or would it be from the letter you receive in the mail?
It says within 15 days of this dated letter. If at all she sends you the letter via email I would go by that date. Otherwise, I received my letter in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked with the school to verify if the $28000 tuition includes book and i was told "no". Please to all current or past students out there, do you guys know what the overall cost for text books and other study material is? Thanks

I just checked with the school to verify if the $28000 tuition includes book and i was told "no". Please to all current or past students out there, do you guys know what the overall cost for text books and other study material is? Thanks

You don't need to buy any textbooks or study materials for the program at all.

I applied to this program and I got in, but after getting in I found out that this program is primarily online? I'm an out of state student and I called them and asked them and they said that most of their students are online. Has anyone else completed this program online or is currently doing it online? If so, what do you think of it?

I applied to this program and I got in, but after getting in I found out that this program is primarily online? I'm an out of state student and I called them and asked them and they said that most of their students are online. Has anyone else completed this program online or is currently doing it online? If so, what do you think of it?

?? They literally have a mandatory attendance policy. Are you getting them mixed up? Unless they changed something major this year but I doubt it.

?? They literally have a mandatory attendance policy. Are you getting them mixed up? Unless they changed something major this year but I doubt it.
I am so confused because I followed all the steps on VCOM and then Bluefield to apply, and when I go to check it says its an online course. I posted a screenshot so you can see. I even called them and they said that its an online thing, which made me even more confused. I mean, I don't mind it online, but from what I've been seeing it isn't supposed to be online. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and get this sorted out. I just wanted to check here first to see if online was a thing or not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 12.19.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 12.19.14 PM.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 115
I am so confused because I followed all the steps on VCOM and then Bluefield to apply, and when I go to check it says its an online course. I posted a screenshot so you can see. I even called them and they said that its an online thing, which made me even more confused. I mean, I don't mind it online, but from what I've been seeing it isn't supposed to be online. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and get this sorted out. I just wanted to check here first to see if online was a thing or not.

Do you know who you talked to? They just moved the program over to the Rackspace building which has a huge classroom right next to the offices of the people running the program. I can't imagine they'd get it all set up there for less than a year.

Wow, actually, this might be correct. Anyone else get their financial aid award from an “Online Financial Aid Advisor”? I did but didn’t think much of it at the time. Maybe it actually is online this year. Weird that wasn’t mentioned though, as my impression was that it was pretty much the same program just through Bluefield College. Do I even need to move for it?? Crazy, would be nice to know! Please let us know what you find out.

Last edited:
I Seriously doubt this program is online. It’s probably someone who does not know what they are talking about.

Reactions: 1 users
You have my world upside down rn. Please let me know what they say when you call tom. Online program would be HUGE

I would not at all get your hopes up. They would have to revamp a lot of the program to make it online. The faculty told us this year the only thing that was different for next year is that you guys can apply for federal loans.

Reactions: 1 users
I would not at all get your hopes up. They would have to revamp a lot of the program to make it online. The faculty told us this year the only thing that was different for next year is that you guys can apply for federal loans.

Those are my thoughts too but I guess I am just uncertain because it seems like so much has evolved over the course of this admissions cycle. For example, when I first started my application around the beginning of January, I was told that it was essentially the same program only our diploma would instead say Bluefield College. But I was told just a few weeks ago, by someone at Bluefield College, that it was actually going to be mostly Bluefield professors teaching the courses (not sure if this is accurate though). Never any mention of online courses though, so I really don't know what is going on.

Those are my thoughts too but I guess I am just uncertain because it seems like so much has evolved over the course of this admissions cycle. For example, when I first started my application around the beginning of January, I was told that it was essentially the same program only our diploma would instead say Bluefield College. But I was told just a few weeks ago, by someone at Bluefield College, that it was actually going to be mostly Bluefield professors teaching the courses (not sure if this is accurate though). Never any mention of online courses though, so I really don't know what is going on.

But then under the "Meet the Faculty" only a few of the instructors listed are Bluefield College professors so maybe the person that I spoke to wasn't entirely informed.. and maybe they are just giving it an "online" designation since it's not actually on their campus?

If you look at the faculty list on Bluefield's website, every professor is a faculty member of VCOM except for two people. These two people are Emily Lambert, Ph.D. (Chair of Bluefield biology department) and Martin Offield, Ph.D. These non-VCOM professors are only listed as going to be teaching the field seminar course.

You have my world upside down rn. Please let me know what they say when you call tom. Online program would be HUGE
I'll definitely let you all know tomorrow. I thought maybe I was wrong at first, and maybe I accidentally applied for the wrong thing (which would be a huge mistake on my part and I'm not usually someone who makes mistakes like that) but I went back and checked and that's what it's saying. The person I spoke to might just be uninformed. I'll call first thing tomorrow and let you all know ASAP.

I'll definitely let you all know tomorrow. I thought maybe I was wrong at first, and maybe I accidentally applied for the wrong thing (which would be a huge mistake on my part and I'm not usually someone who makes mistakes like that) but I went back and checked and that's what it's saying. The person I spoke to might just be uninformed. I'll call first thing tomorrow and let you all know ASAP.
Where did you get that screenshot from?

It’s listed over and over on the website “At the VCOM Virginia Campus”.
You're right it is, and it even says "face to face" when I was applying on the aacomas post bac website. That's why I was so confused by this whole ordeal but I'll have it sorted out tomorrow.

Where did you get that screenshot from?
They sent me a login and password for their website, and when I logged it I went through the site and found that where you can track your acceptance. Their site had been glitching though because I was having some trouble with their site, so this might just be a mistake on their end. Either way, I know I'm accepted which is good but I just need to figure out if I need to make a move to a new state or do it online lol. Hopefully this will be sorted out tomorrow.

They sent me a login and password for their website, and when I logged it I went through the site and found that where you can track your acceptance. Their site had been glitching though because I was having some trouble with their site, so this might just be a mistake on their end. Either way, I know I'm accepted which is good but I just need to figure out if I need to make a move to a new state or do it online lol. Hopefully this will be sorted out tomorrow.
I don't think its online at all. Why would they list housing options in the accepted student section on the website. I'm sure it's just a mix up.

when is the first day of classes and/or the first day we have to be there for orientation or something like that

Hello all, I just found out about this thread and just wondering if they already concluded the decision for this cycle? I tried to call the number on their website but it went straight to voicemail

when is the first day of classes and/or the first day we have to be there for orientation or something like that
No clue honestly. I just got the email that tells me the next steps which include the immunizations and the deposit we have to pay and stuff like that. I'm kind of annoyed at their lack of clarity honestly.

Hello all, I just found out about this thread and just wondering if they already concluded the decision for this cycle? I tried to call the number on their website but it went straight to voicemail
I'm going to call them soon and get updates on the issue.

I'm going to call them soon and get updates on the issue.

This program is not in the least bit delivered online. You are simply enrolled as an "online student" according to Bluefield's admissions. There is some benefit to Bluefield to do this whether financial, tax relief, statistics, semantics; who knows. It means nothing to a student. This is an in person program.

No clue honestly. I just got the email that tells me the next steps which include the immunizations and the deposit we have to pay and stuff like that. I'm kind of annoyed at their lack of clarity honestly.

I didn't even get an email regarding immunizations and deposit. I just followed what was in the letter sent to us. Whoever is in charge is inconsistent with communication.

This program is not in the least bit delivered online. You are simply enrolled as an "online student" according to Bluefield's admissions. There is some benefit to Bluefield to do this whether financial, tax relief, statistics, semantics; who knows. It means nothing to a student. This is an in person program.
Ahhh ok. That's what I thought but I wonder why the person on the phone told me it should online. Super weird.

I didn't even get an email regarding immunizations and deposit. I just followed what was in the letter sent to us. Whoever is in charge is inconsistent with communication.
I didn't get my letter because my apartment is bad with mail, so when I was on the phone I told them that and they sent me that email with that info. That infor is also on their website. I believe it's under the tab of accepted students. Make sure to check it out because you need to get the immunizations in before you can attend!

I didn't get my letter because my apartment is bad with mail, so when I was on the phone I told them that and they sent me that email with that info. That infor is also on their website. I believe it's under the tab of accepted students. Make sure to check it out because you need to get the immunizations in before you can attend!

Yup, I'm all done with mine. Thanks though!

According to my student account from BC, there are 68 enrolled students in master's program. There are currently 52 seats open so they are not done with their decisions for this cycle.

I didnt recieve my letter either. I know of my acceptance through Sheila and myBC login. Im not even sure how to apply for financial aid. I also heard we have 15 days from the date of our acceptance. But i have no letter so im not sure if its 15 days from when Sheila told me i was accepted, or 15 days from when i got my BC login.

I didnt recieve my letter either. I know of my acceptance through Sheila and myBC login. Im not even sure how to apply for financial aid. I also heard we have 15 days from the date of our acceptance. But i have no letter so im not sure if its 15 days from when Sheila told me i was accepted, or 15 days from when i got my BC login.
To pay the deposit*

Ahhh ok. That's what I thought but I wonder why the person on the phone told me it should online. Super weird.

Likely discordance between the two schools. Half of the people at Bluefield probably have no idea what a VCOM post bacc is, (or what VCOM is...or what a bacc is) and the few that do, you didn't speak to haha. I wouldn't look at this as though Bluefield and VCOM are "teaming up" They are both still separate except now VCOM doesn't have to do admissions for the post bacc and Bluefield gets to "partner" with a medical school and do all the painful admissions for us.

I would make the $500 deposit soon. If you are outside the 15 day window, I am sure she would be very understanding.

Oh and to apply for aid, begin with a 2018 FAFSA and then complete a studentloans.gov graduate plus loan for the remaining balance FAFSA did not cover.

Basically, everything has been covered in the previous posts...But I will just reiterate what I know and have heard in one post since it was kinda hectic trying to follow along the panic posts earlier lol.

1) Yes, this is designated as an online course by Bluefield but that is because we are not taking classes at THEIR specific campus. So they deal with that by stating it is an online course. This is a lecture style, business casual dressing up everyday kind of thing.

2) I personally never received an email with the information on what needs to be done (only email was the myBC log in information). If you had called and found out that you have been accepted, you will need to wait for the letter that should arrive within 3-5 business days. The letter contains information on how to pay the deposit and it also has information about the other requirements that you need to do and when it is due by. You can also access the online "Accepted Student Information" to get a head start on the process and see what all you need to do (I can't hyperlink due to not meeting certain requirements on SDN but you can google "vcom mabs", go their website, and see the link on the left hand side)

3) As stated earlier, get started on FAFSA ASAP. You will need to complete it for the past 2 tax years so make sure you have your documents.

Hi everyone! So I just recently received the Bluefield College Portal Account Information email with a MyBC account. Is this the email everyone's been referring to in regards to acceptance? If so, when you login what does it look like? I haven't received any other communication from them! Unsure of whether or not to get my hopes up just yet! :wacky: Haha. Ahhhhh really hoping I've received an acceptance!