Virginia-Maryland CVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have to wait until after April 1st to receive our rank?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Right? I was re-reading my decision letter last night and wondering the same thing. I am probably just going to send an e-mail tomorrow, and if they don't respond until Thursday, then that's fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know how many OOS alternates we’re contacted last cycle?

Do we have to wait until after April 1st to receive our rank?

Right? I was re-reading my decision letter last night and wondering the same thing. I am probably just going to send an e-mail tomorrow, and if they don't respond until Thursday, then that's fine.

I thought they normally didn't release waitlist positions until after the decision deadline (I thought April 15, but it sounds like your letter said April 1?) The idea being that most of the shifting around will be done by then, both in terms of people declining seats and in terms of people removing themselves from the waitlist as they accept seats at other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you email today they will tell you. I already got a response.

Just got my waitlist rank! I’m number 7 on the OOS list! So close!!

Reactions: 4 users
#5 on the OOS waitlist! OMG. How far has it gone in previous years? Do I have a chance?

Reactions: 2 users
You guys. I can’t believe it. I’m first on the IS list!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Hello! I’m #15 on OOS wait list. Anybody knows how far down the list they typically go?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure what waitlist movement looked like last year, but the year before when I applied (IS) the list moved at least 5 spots between the two times I checked my placement (as soon as we could, then maybe a month later?)

OOS movement is variable, but I I was told that it usually moves at least a few dozen places.

All of you stand a good chance. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
16th on The IS MD list. Oh well‍♀️ Fingers crossed for next year!

Huh, that is definitely not the symbol I typed LOL.

Omg. Is this real life?
I GOT IN!!!!!!!
I will be joining the Class of 2024!!!!
:cat:

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if the OOS list has started to move yet?!!!!!

Thank you for the congrats, everyone! I can't wait to meet everyone!! Now to look for housing... lol.

I received an e-mail this morning! No phone call.

Thank you for the congrats, everyone! I can't wait to meet everyone!! Now to look for housing... lol.

im leaving my sweet room for internship life, so if you’re interested just send me a message!

If you haven't joined your class facebook page yet you should! Lots of housing opportunities were posted on ours, I'm sure it will be the same for your class! They also send out emails from time to time about housing that's opened up.

So excited to meet you @TrashCat!! Definitely join the class Facebook page because people have been posting housing opportunities! Also introduce yourself :giggle:

• Love
has anyone heard when we'll receive financial aid info? Getting close to the deadline and it's making me a bit nervous

Hopefully it does soon. I was shocked to find out I’m #3 on the list!

That’s awesome! Keep us updated if you hear anything!

So excited to meet you @TrashCat!! Definitely join the class Facebook page because people have been posting housing opportunities! Also introduce yourself :giggle:
Yesss!! I can’t wait to meet you either :) I’ve been creeping on the page hahaha :rofl:

Anybody starting to get concerned on interruption/pushback with the Fall semester given the outbreak? Seems like schools would be the most conservative with reopening.

Anybody starting to get concerned on interruption/pushback with the Fall semester given the outbreak? Seems like schools would be the most conservative with reopening.
On a Zoom call, Dr. Pelzer said that they will begin classes as scheduled. They already record all lectures and post them online, plus they have to maintain teaching in order to stay accredited. Obviously labs, orientation activities, and clinical work will be more difficult but first year lectures will go on as planned.

There's a possibility that people coming from out of the area (like me moving from Arlington) will undergo a period of true quarantine to make sure we aren't exposing the campus community, but we should basically expect to start on schedule.

Oh by the way I accepted my spot and signed a lease in Christiansburg and registered for MPH classes starting in May it's all happening ahhhhhhhhh :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: let's go Hokie vets!

Yesss!! I can’t wait to meet you either :) I’ve been creeping on the page hahaha :rofl:
I was the first one to introduce myself and my initials are SC. My profile picture is of me kissing my heart dog :love:

I'm so excited for all of you!! It's giving me warm fuzzies reading through your posts and thinking back to being in your shoes a year ago :biglove:

• Love
Does anyone know if the class is full yet?

Does anyone know if the class is full yet?

I dont think it should be full!!! They are probably waiting till april 15th then moving onto the waitlist!

The alternate list finally moved! I just receive an acceptance email! :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Acceptance email! ( I was number 10 OOS)

Reactions: 8 users
Recieved my acceptance email! #5!! I will be accepting!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know when we have to accept by if we just received the offer today? Is it the 15th or today? I don’t believe it was explicitly said anywhere.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we have to accept by if we just recurved the offer today? Is it the 15th or today? I don’t believe it was explicitly said anywhere.

Its by the 15th!! Congrats :)

Yay!!! Welcome aboard guys :cat:

Reactions: 2 users
Officially accepted my seat with the class of 2024

Reactions: 3 users
Just accepted my seat!! SO surreal.

Do we add ourselves to the FB group? How does this work? I’m so excited to meet everyone!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just accepted my seat!! SO surreal.

Do we add ourselves to the FB group? How does this work? I’m so excited to meet everyone!!!!!!!

Just request to be added and they will add you :)