VMCAS 2014 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In anyone else still "meeting requirements"? I submitted 22 days ago, still not verified. Getting uncomfortably close to the deadline... I recall it going MUCH faster last year...
You don't have to be verified before the deadline

Members don't see this ad.

In anyone else still "meeting requirements"? I submitted 22 days ago, still not verified. Getting uncomfortably close to the deadline... I recall it going MUCH faster last year...
According to VMCAS, verification is taking longer this year because more people submitted later, but as long as you have everything submitted (not necessarily verified) by the deadline, you're good.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as you've submitted your documents by the deadline and all LORs are in, you'll be fine. Verification continues after the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope, but I still worry about getting cut right away when Oct 2 rolls around and schools still don't have my application... Still, considering all the money we pay VMCAS, I would imagine they must have some way of working around this in place.

Gotta stress about something, right?

I hope, but I still worry about getting cut right away when Oct 2 rolls around and schools still don't have my application... Still, considering all the money we pay VMCAS, I would imagine they must have some way of working around this in place.

I haven't even submitted yet, so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine

I submitted on the 11th and my application was meeting requirements until today.... My last elor was submitted last night. I'm not sure if there is an actual connection but there seemed to be in my case.

I submitted on the 11th and my application was meeting requirements until today.... My last elor was submitted last night. I'm not sure if there is an actual connection but there seemed to be in my case.
Probably just coincidence. Verification can start once your first eLOR is in, it isn't dependent on when the others are submitted.

I just got verified yesterday (day 27). Hopefully you're getting close! I called VMCAS last week because I was getting worried too - as long as everything is submitted by tomorrow you're ok, it doesn't have to be verified by tomorrow.

I submitted on the 11th and was verified today. I already had a letter in, so I was put in line right away. I agree that it took MUCH longer than it did last year. What is that....20 days if I counted correctly.

VMCAS GPA's....where your grades go up but your total still goes down

According to VMCAS, schools can see your application as soon as you hit submit.

I have to say ... I felt for you guys tonight. I was out to dinner with some people, and one of the vets said one of her employees was applying for vet school and that she still had to get his eLOR turned in. I cringed a bit on your behalf.

:)

I have to say ... I felt for you guys tonight. I was out to dinner with some people, and one of the vets said one of her employees was applying for vet school and that she still had to get his eLOR turned in. I cringed a bit on your behalf.

2nd vet still hasn't submitted hers yet. I can't really judge because I haven't submitted my app yet, but...just a tad nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm still waiting on my vet eLOR too. Kind of freaking out about it, but hopefully it will work out.

Like I said, this would totally be me. Not because I don't want to do it, just because I am a chronic procrastinator...

Thought I could probably be bribed really easily with chocolate and/or Mexican foods... :laugh:

I just realized mine actually submitted at 5:15 this evening and I somehow missed the email notification! :laugh: Whew. Now I just have my Illinois supplemental essay to worry about.

so I realized that I forgot to put my planned courses on VMCAS...which are reqs for a couple schools! eeek! Does any one know what I should do? I assume I should email the schools...will this influence admit decisions?? :/

It builds character!
Haha I guess :p. I was able to restrain myself from texting her the whole time (barely), and then when she finally got it in, she sent me this super sweet text, so it made up for the long wait :p

so I realized that I forgot to put my planned courses on VMCAS...which are reqs for a couple schools! eeek! Does any one know what I should do? I assume I should email the schools...will this influence admit decisions?? :/

I would e-mail/call the schools since some are pre-reqs and see what they say. If you have already submitted, I am pretty sure you cannot go back and add in classes. If you haven't submitted, you have 26 minutes to bust that out.

On the experiences section, should you give your school permission to contact the institution where you completed the experience? For instance, I volunteered at a mixed animal practice in the barn, but the main doctor I shadowed is no longer there. Should I just not give them permission to contact? Or let them contact and find out she's no longer there? This was also about 3 years ago.

On the experiences section, should you give your school permission to contact the institution where you completed the experience? For instance, I volunteered at a mixed animal practice in the barn, but the main doctor I shadowed is no longer there. Should I just not give them permission to contact? Or let them contact and find out she's no longer there? This was also about 3 years ago.
My understanding is that most schools will not contact people affiliated with your experiences (there are a few schools that do, so you might want to check up with each program you plan on applying for), so whether or not you mark on VMCAS that they have permission to contact is probably up to you. If what's holding you back is that the woman who you shadowed is no longer there, I wouldn't let that alone deter you from allowing a program to contact the clinic. If, on the off chance, a program of yours does contact the clinic, they'll hear first that the veterinarian in question no longer works there, but other staff would probably be able to verify that you shadowed there.

In the end, there's a lot of different ways that you can approach preparing your application. My best advice is to call the schools you're applying to, and if they don't have a preference either way, use your best judgement.