-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCVM 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
essenare
Full Member
I agree. This matches the early December timeline since they give you a week to complete the SJT. Offering more now would bump the timeline considerably.I feel like SJT invites were probably all sent in november
essenare
Full Member
Been there twice shopping for real estate since applying. Such a lovely area!I personally feel like SJTs are done, at least for IS, considering that IS people need to have the time to plan around going to Blacksburg in January.
I agree that folks need notice to plan a trip out though for those required instate/in-person interviews. It's quite the hike! (5 hours away for me) but also such a nice drive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cheezitsnac
New Member
OOS rejection 🙁
Good luck to everyone moving forward!
Good luck to everyone moving forward!
Me and a friend, both IS have heard nothing. Is your friend IS or OOS?I just heard from someone I know IRL, received an interview invite already?
Glasses228
Full Member
Interesting, IS or OOS? When did they get the invite?I just heard from someone I know IRL, received an interview invite already?
Also, IS and have not heard anything yetMe and a friend, both IS have heard nothing. Is your friend IS or OOS?
Me and a friend, both IS have heard nothing. Is your friend IS or OOS?
OOS, not sure exactly but within the last week? she received the SJT as wellInteresting, IS or OOS? When did they get the invite?
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
ughh thank you for trying to help us!deleted my post because i don’t like being accused of lying :\ best of luck!
buttr.smartfood.popcorn
New Member
I’m IS and got a SJT invite and am a second time applicant. I got an interview invite last cycle on 12/9 around 4 o clock. However, I haven’t heard anything yet for this cycle in regards to an interview invite and neither have two of my IS friends (also got SJT invites). I’m expecting we will find out these next few days with the latest being Monday but I’m not 100% sure.
clementine21
Full Member
Do we think today could be the day we hear about interviews/rejections after taking the SJT?! I’m so nervous knowing it could be any day now!! Has anyone reached out to admissions?
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
I believe last year they heard the 9th, which was a Monday. So perhaps this upcoming Monday, the 8th? Either way, the day will break soon, I hope.Do we think today could be the day we hear about interviews/rejections after taking the SJT?! I’m so nervous knowing it could be any day now!! Has anyone reached out to admissions?
I’m also leaning towards next week based on last year’s patternsI believe last year they heard the 9th, which was a Monday. So perhaps this upcoming Monday, the 8th? Either way, the day will break soon, I hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Two years ago interview invites went out on 12/4, which was also a Monday so I think 12/8 would make sense!I believe last year they heard the 9th, which was a Monday. So perhaps this upcoming Monday, the 8th? Either way, the day will break soon, I hope.
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Anyone else freaking out about decisions possibly being today??
bottlenose
Full Member
me😃Anyone else freaking out about decisions possibly being today??
clementine21
Full Member
The school is closed today because of inclement weather 🙁 I wonder if they’ll still send emails today?! If not, hopefully tomorrow!!Anyone else freaking out about decisions possibly being today??
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Ohh I had no idea! Thanks for the info!The school is closed today because of inclement weather 🙁 I wonder if they’ll still send emails today?! If not, hopefully tomorrow!!
squiddlesyd
Rowan SSVM '30
I was having stress dreams last night about it...Anyone else freaking out about decisions possibly being today??
clementine21
Full Member
Really hopeful we hear some news tomorrow!
blueyturtle
Full Member
Will there be a delay tomorrow too? Really hoping that we hear back...
As of yet there is no delay or closure. County public schools here have closed for tomorrow (tuesday)Will there be a delay tomorrow too? Really hoping that we hear back...
blueyturtle
Full Member
Thank you! It's almost 4!! So nervous 😬As of yet there is no delay or closure. County public schools here have closed for tomorrow (tuesday)
leafygreencow
Full Member
Been refreshing my email nonstop 😅Thank you! It's almost 4!! So nervous 😬
Not me in CST being like 🤔 lolThank you! It's almost 4!! So nervous 😬
Do they typically come out around 4 for VMCVM? Thanks!Thank you! It's almost 4!! So nervous 😬
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Last year they went out sometime between four and five I believe, so it's likely that they will do something similar this timeDo they typically come out around 4 for VMCVM? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they went out sometime between four and five I believe, so it's likely that they will do something similar this time
Fingers crossed!!
kasmteit90
Full Member
I keep refreshing, but I need to study for finals!Fingers crossed!!
strawberryshortsnake
New Member
Does anyone know if last year rejections were sent out at the same time as interview invites?
leafygreencow
Full Member
Yes I got my rejection at 4:25p on 12/9. Hoping for better news this time 😅🤞Does anyone know if last year rejections were sent out at the same time as interview invites?
clementine21
Full Member
Has anyone gotten anything?
kasmteit90
Full Member
NopeHas anyone gotten anything?
blueyturtle
Full Member
Are we waiting another week then sigh lol
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
ughh I am going to legit bomb my finals if we don't get updates soonAre we waiting another week then sigh lol
blueyturtle
Full Member
OMG SAME, i havent been able to focus for the past hour, just refreshing my page. this is so toughughh I am going to legit bomb my finals if we don't get updates soon
same here, the university closed at 5pm so i'm guessing it won't be posted today 🙁 hopefully soon. Best of luck!OMG SAME, i havent been able to focus for the past hour, just refreshing my page. this is so tough
clementine21
Full Member
I am about to take a final, and I'm hoping my reward for finishing will be an email from VAMD lol! Fingers crossed we hear something today, but if not, at the latest by the end of the week!
I assume we will hear from them by the end of the week, as any later would become problematic for those making travel plans from places like Virginia Beach to Blacksburg in a few short weeks for interviews.
I assume we will hear from them by the end of the week, as any later would become problematic for those making travel plans from places like Virginia Beach to Blacksburg in a few short weeks for interviews.
zygodactyyyl
Full Member
Don't think so honestly. According to last years thread there were a great many rejections sent out in early Dec. Fingers crossed for everyone here though.is the general belief that anyone who has yet to hear from them can expect an interview?
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
I believe they sent out 1000 SJTs and will send out 500 interview invites from that pool but honestly who knows that they’ll actually end up doingis the general belief that anyone who has yet to hear from them can expect an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leafygreencow
Full Member
I’m starting to think maybe Monday the 15th?
DressageEnthusiast
Liverpool c/o 2031
I'm really hoping we hear back from them soon for this reason- I'm an in-state resident but I (am currently scheduled to) return to New England to finish undergrad on MLK day. I would like to know as soon as possible if I need to change that plan.I assume we will hear from them by the end of the week, as any later would become problematic for those making travel plans from places like Virginia Beach to Blacksburg in a few short weeks for interviews.
That is seeming most likely, I doubt they'd stray from Mondays at this point since the university has been open the past couple of daysI’m starting to think maybe Monday the 15th?
Interesting I’m guessing there isn’t anyone who has taken an SJT who was also denied. I wonder how this process worked last cycle. Did the send out two waves of rejections pre-interview?I believe they sent out 1000 SJTs and will send out 500 interview invites from that pool but honestly who knows that they’ll actually end up doing
meg.eli.c
Ross c/o 2029
last year all applicants took the SJT and all applicants got an email 12/9 telling them if they got an interview, were on the interview waitlist, or deniedInteresting I’m guessing there isn’t anyone who has taken an SJT who was also denied. I wonder how this process worked last cycle. Did the send out two waves of rejections pre-interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K