Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here your site makes an argument that the 100s of millions Bill Gates and American philanthropists have spent on vaccines and medicines for the third world is to destroy their populations.

http://m.journal-neo.org/2016/11/11...concerns-always-result-in-population-control/

I don't agree with everything on that website which has as much propaganda as NYT/CNN.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone sense have a worsening feeling of dread after seeing the cabinet shenanigans? It looks like a giant handout to his most loyal supporters, some of whom have never shown any interest in serving the public. Couple that with the bizarre influence his vindictive son in law has had and this is shaping up to be quite the circus...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone sense have a worsening feeling of dread after seeing the cabinet shenanigans? It looks like a giant handout to his most loyal supporters, some of whom have never shown any interest in serving the public. Couple that with the bizarre influence his vindictive son in law has had and this is shaping up to be quite the circus...

Yup. I was trying to approach this presidency with an open mind, but this is shaping up to be one big step towards accelerating our demise as both a nation and species on the planet. Somehow a fringe group of white nationalists have figured out how to trick the populace into putting them into the most powerful office in the world. Count me as terrified.

Yup. I was trying to approach this presidency with an open mind, but this is shaping up to be one big step towards accelerating our demise as both a nation and species on the planet. Somehow a fringe group of white nationalists have figured out how to trick the populace into putting them into the most powerful office in the world. Count me as terrified.

This guy basically sums of the Trump vs Hillary choice and takes on the SJWs:

Great article by a Russian journalist.

White nationalists in the cabinet; mass deportations; threats on the press as organizations and individuals; threats of violence at rallies and judicial retribution against his opponents; ethnic/religious groups targeted and blamed for destroying the country...

We CANNOT think of this as REMOTELY "normal" or "rational".

"Believe the autocrat"
http://www2.nybooks.com/daily/s3/nov/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival.html

Maybe it's a little bit hyperbolic to call Trump an "autocrat"? Doesn't that imply a level of unilateral power that our president doesn't have?

We still have two other branches of government. Sure there's a R majority in the House and Senate, but there's no real reason to believe that "his" party (which mostly hates him) will go along with his crazier ideas.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe it's a little bit hyperbolic to call Trump an "autocrat"? Doesn't that imply a level of unilateral power that our president doesn't have?

We still have two other branches of government. Sure there's a R majority in the House and Senate, but there's no real reason to believe that "his" party (which mostly hates him) will go along with his crazier ideas.

The President still has a lot more power than just straight up legislature. The Republicans have also proven to be pretty spineless to me. They may internally hate him, but publicly they are still worried about re-election.

I don't argue that... It's his view of the job that I'm talking about. I think it's pretty clear that he thinks of the presidency as providing him carte blanche to take the country where he sees fit.

And I agree he should and will be under intense scrutiny from day one. But I don't know where the legislative branch will draw the line. I already wonder whether the line was crossed with the Bannon appointment. A white nationalist conspiracy theorist should NOT be the president's closest adviser, and I wonder if requests to have him removed should be more forcefully/threatening. This is one of those things that we CANNOT accept as "normal".

Reactions: 1 users
I bet the R-controlled legislature will use him for the things they want (his appointees to the Court will probably be OK with most, they'll agree to change the ACA, etc), but they probably won't cooperate with him on the really fringe stuff. That wall isn't getting built, for example. There are House seats to defend in 2018, and that election has implications for the next round of redistricting, which might be the difference between a R or D House through the 2020s.

He did what they needed (beat Clinton) and now he needs them more than they need him. We'll see how he does in a pool with real sharks, now that Clinton is out of the water.

Reactions: 1 user
I bet the R-controlled legislature will use him for the things they want (his appointees to the Court will probably be OK with most, they'll agree to change the ACA, etc), but they probably won't cooperate with him on the really fringe stuff. That wall isn't getting built, for example. There are House seats to defend in 2018, and that election has implications for the next round of redistricting, which might be the difference between a R or D House through the 2020s.

He did what they needed (beat Clinton) and now he needs them more than they need him. We'll see how he does in a pool with real sharks, now that Clinton is out of the water.
I don't think he "needs" them for anything. Other than the effect their opposition to his nuttiness will have on his fragile psyche, I dount that he really cares what gets passed and what doesn't. I think he'll get WAY more distracted by the fights he creates then he'll worry about what x or y mean for the country.

It is people he trusts and have helped him lead a successful campaign. Easy concept.

Was he supposed to go flipping stones to find people when he has qualified people in his inner circle?

White nationalists? Have you not figured out with this election that Americans have rejected the over-the-top liberal wingnut histrionics?

Just because CNN says so does not make it true.

I love the anti-Semite angle on Bannon, considering Breitbart is "unapologetically pro-Israel" and was founded as such, has a Jerusalem-based outfit, employs many Jews, and Trump has a converted Jewish daughter, orthodox Jewish son-in-law, and Jewish grandchildren. Sounds very "white nationalistic" to me. *rolls eyes*

Members don't see this ad :)
IMG_3868.jpg
Some people ALREADY think it's normal...

It is people he trusts and have helped him lead a successful campaign. Easy concept.

Was he supposed to go flipping stones to find people when he has qualified people in his inner circle?

White nationalists? Have you not figured out with this election that Americans have rejected the over-the-top liberal wingnut histrionics?

I love the anti-Semite angle on Bannon, considering Breitbart is "unapologetically pro-Israel" and was founded as such, has a Jerusalem-based outfit, employs many Jews, and Trump has a converted Jewish daughter, orthodox Jewish son-in-law, and Jewish grandchildren. Sounds very "white nationalistic" to me. *rolls eyes*

The problem that I have with Breitbart and similar publications is that it takes the political correctness to another extreme. I get it, you don't want to have to tip toe around other people's feelings. As an atheist, I have to tip toe around religious people's feelings all the damn time, so get over it. However, these websites take the inflammatory headlines to another level. By doing so, they make it seem like it's macho and tough to follow right wing politics. Who doesn't want to be macho and tough? Then you throw in some false information and now you have a mob of macho and tough people who are misinformed.

The problem that I have with Breitbart and similar publications is that it takes the political correctness to another extreme. I get it, you don't want to have to tip toe around other people's feelings. As an atheist, I have to tip toe around religious people's feelings all the damn time, so get over it. However, these websites take the inflammatory headlines to another level. By doing so, they make it seem like it's macho and tough to follow right wing politics. Who doesn't want to be macho and tough? Then you throw in some false information and now you have a mob of macho and tough people who are misinformed.

Dude, you figured out the formula to brainwashing and creating an angry mob!

There are no real merit-based admissions in the US. It's mostly very subjective. That's my feeling as a foreigner who trained in a Chinese-type meritocracy, where there were anonymized written entrance exams for every educational spot, every few years, thus making sure that they were taken by the brightest, not the most connected or charming. Not only that, but higher ed was free, so I have more than 8 years of it. The medical system was significantly public and governmental, and all the public jobs were taken based on similar written exams, no favors. I never really appreciated that system until I came here, where a person with barely passing USMLE scores can take a coveted anesthesia spot if s/he's well-connected or -liked. Let's not speak about AA and "diversity"-based admission/hiring, which are anything but merit-based. Oh, and specialty board certification is a joke, when compared to other developed countries, even in anesthesiology (which is one of the toughest), and now it's close to worthless (except for employer liability purposes).

Also, some well-endowed private universities love to admit people based on future predicted income, because they need rich alumni for donations. That's why parents matter to them; if you are from the right background, you will make much more money after graduation than the poor schmuck who worked his way up from the slums. Of course, they will also take some of the latter, because the smoke looks good in the mirrors, and they get to be "diverse", and qualify for federal loans etc. The criteria for college and later admissions sound absolutely ridiculous to a foreigner; e.g. what does volunteer crap or sentimental Hollywood-ian essays have to do with somebody's intellectual potential? In a meritocracy, all they would care about is knowledge, not race, not face, not wealth, not connections etc. Interestingly, we never had rape problems in higher education, possibly because truly smart people have more respect for women.

One more thing that is far from a meritocracy is immigration, btw. Canada and many other countries have point systems that give significant weight to education, occupation and experience, especially in jobs needed by the national economy, even age (and remaining productive years). There is limited family or religious immigration, and forget any chance of permanently immigrating without passing a serious language proficiency test. In some countries, you even need an attestation of "assimilation", where you have to demonstrate that you have local-born friends and truly belong to a local community of non-immigrants (church, club etc.).

tl;dr A non-merit-based system breeds injustice (and corruption), and injustice breeds resentment, frustration and extremism. Everything that public money touches should be 100% merit-based with no chances of human manipulation, even if it takes taking 3 times as many (and tougher) exams in a lifetime. Like that will ever happen... :)

Lot of valid points. However not all with excellent academic exam scores be good clinicians with good judgement.
For the privileged, its a food powered make work enterprise as hypertiger claims. www.hypertiger.com
Read his posts from 2006 and will quickly

Yes, anti whatever. They are all working for the same goal. All empires come to an end and new ones created after the chaos is over. Reserve currencies usually end after 80-100 years. The portugese, dutch, british , american empires and reserve currencies come to an end. Who is going to rise from the ashes. Eretz judea and samaria are going to be the chosen ones next. The border redrawing of the ancient map of judea extends from the nile to the euphrates.
All this banter about nationalists is just that.
Buy some shekels and store it. Ps: not investment advice. Use your own head

Instead of hurling some catchy words, can u put 2-3 sentences of original thought? At least try.

Original thoughts like:

"the KGB, CIA, MI-6, Mossad are all in the game together. They probably work for the same handlers."

"The bottom line on sep 10, 2001, one trillion dollars was reported missing from the pentagon. On sep 11 the cantor fitzgerald offices, all the records from building 7 were conveniently imploded. Remember the free fall."

"Eretz judea and samaria are going to be the chosen ones next. The border redrawing of the ancient map of judea extends from the nile to the euphrates."

Somebody who believes that agents of the US government were responsible for 9/11 or that the KGB, CIA, Mossad, MI-6 are all working together to redraw the map of the middle east is not playing with a full deck. That is my thought.

Looks like cf david is back. Banned what three times now? Do I hear four? Drek.

But you understand that a MSM outlet, the New York Times, launched a front page story on Trump titled "Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved With Women in Private" which was completely debunked? Not only that, but one of the women they used as a source to start the column came out and said they blatantly misled readers on the story and that Trump treated her well. It was a hatchet piece by one of the biggest news outlets in the country, but Breitbart, a niche alt-right site, bothers you? Why that and not the most circulated newspaper in the country launching a blatant hit piece that they intentionally misled readers with?

See how arguments like this lack credibility?

It's just funny to hear someone complain about a conservative outlet being too "rogue" or "inflammatory" when we all know where the MSM falls on the political spectrum. It's like criticizing the way someone tapes an ETT when you have never intubated. Can't take it seriously or credibly.

Last edited:
But you understand that a MSM outlet, the New York Times, launched a front page story on Trump titled "Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved With Women in Private" which was completely debunked? Not only that, but one of the women they used as a source to start the column came out and said they blatantly misled readers on the story and that Trump treated her well. It was a hatchet piece by one of the biggest news outlets in the country, but Breitbart, a niche alt-right site, bothers you? Why that and not the most circulated newspaper in the country launching a blatant hit piece that they intentionally misled readers with?

See how arguments like this lack credibility?

It's just funny to hear someone complain about a conservative outlet being too "rogue" or "inflammatory" when we all know where the MSM falls on the political spectrum. It's like criticizing the way someone takes an ETT when you have never intubated. Can't take it seriously or credibly.

The fact that you are using abbreviations like MSM tells me you are spending way too much time twittering.

These alt-right news outlets are not beholden to any sort of fact checking or source vetting. When the NY Times prints something that is bogus, it is a major news story. The alt-right sites, on the other hand, print misinformation that can't be fact checked. Then they claim it's because they have taken the "red pill" and are the true free thinkers while the rest of us who follow the "MSM" are mindless zombies. It's a dead-end argument.

The fact that you are using abbreviations like MSM tells me you are spending way too much time twittering.

These alt-right news outlets are not beholden to any sort of fact checking or source vetting. When the NY Times prints something that is bogus, it is a major news story. The alt-right sites, on the other hand, print misinformation that can't be fact checked. Then they claim it's because they have taken the "red pill" and are the true free thinkers while the rest of us who follow the "MSM" are mindless zombies. It's a dead-end argument.

I am not on Twitter, but I do know that media including journalists and personalities donated to the Clinton campaign by a 27:1 margin over Trump. But nah, no way, has to be the conservative media outlets that are the unfairly slanted ones, right?

By the way, if "mainstream media" is a crazy term for you, I don't know what to tell you. That is bonkers, really.

I am not on Twitter, but I do know that media including journalists and personalities donated to the Clinton campaign by a 27:1 margin over Trump. But nah, no way, has to be the conservative media outlets that are the unfairly slanted ones, right?
Sounds like 27 out of 28 journalists and celebrities have common sense. That's actually a good thing.

That margin isn't nearly as surprising when you eventually realize you and your folks just made the Presidency amateur hour for celebrity ******.

So from all the news coming out it would appear that the Trump camp is in full meltdown. First Christie is booted, then Rogers, then anyone aligned with the two. Pence is apparently trying to purge some lobbyists and stick to the appearance of their campaign promise. This is a lousy way to start off. Trump apparently values the opinion of Jared Kushner more than anyone else but since Kushner has no real experience doing anything I wouldn't put stock in his opinion.

One thing that is becoming clear is that, already on the foreign policy front, Trump is going to have a hard time warming up to Russia or abandoning NATO. Already several GOP senators have stated he better stick to a hardline.

Also, Graham is calling for investigations into Russia's efforts to influence the election. Now this is totally conspiracy theory but what if it comes out that there was some collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia? What if the Russians were encouraged to dig at the request of Paul Manafort?

By the way, if "mainstream media" is a crazy term for you, I don't know what to tell you. That is bonkers, really.

We've already defined the distinction between bias in journalism and blatant misinformation.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous some news outlets are reporting Niki Haley will be Secretary of State and Ted Cruz could be AG or a Supreme Court nominee. Hahaha

Sounds like 27 out of 28 journalists and celebrities have common sense. That's actually a good thing.

That margin isn't nearly as surprising when you eventually realize you and your folks just made the Presidency amateur hour for celebrity ******.

Good thing 31 out of 50 states had better sense. And the celebrities by and large belonged in the Crooked Hillary camp. Hopefully, a lot of them are following through on their promises to leave the country. We will all be better for it.

So from all the news coming out it would appear that the Trump camp is in full meltdown. First Christie is booted, then Rogers, then anyone aligned with the two. Pence is apparently trying to purge some lobbyists and stick to the appearance of their campaign promise. This is a lousy way to start off. Trump apparently values the opinion of Jared Kushner more than anyone else but since Kushner has no real experience doing anything I wouldn't put stock in his opinion.

One thing that is becoming clear is that, already on the foreign policy front, Trump is going to have a hard time warming up to Russia or abandoning NATO. Already several GOP senators have stated he better stick to a hardline.

Also, Graham is calling for investigations into Russia's efforts to influence the election. Now this is totally conspiracy theory but what if it comes out that there was some collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia? What if the Russians were encouraged to dig at the request of Paul Manafort?

Good grief. Take a break from the Huffington Post and mix it up a little bit.

Sorry, but I think the left is a bit more proficient at the angry mob gang.

And now back to everyone calling each other racists!!

Brainwash, angry mob=racist?

But since you brought that up... there is a lot more racism these days, I wonder why.

If the NYT/CNN are "propaganda", your site is propaganda on trucker speed.

Just like if HRC was inept and corrupt, you chose ineptitude and corruption on trucker speed. Stay tuned...

I've gotten to the point where I will take RT over the NYT/CNN these days. I know they are all propaganda machines but RT seems slightly more honest when it comes to American politics compared to CNN/NYT that are literally arms of the DNC.

How crazy is that?

Would any of these articles be published or shown in NYT/CNN?

I've gotten to the point where I will take RT over the NYT/CNN these days. I know they are all propaganda machines but RT seems slightly more honest when it comes to American politics compared to CNN/NYT that are literally arms of the DNC.

How crazy is that?

Would any of these articles be published or shown in NYT/CNN?

Keep using your favorite brainwash, don't forget the conditioner!

The Open Society Foundation has been a force of good in Eastern Europe. You can badmouth him all you want, that won't change the fact that his foundation has helped millions of young Eastern Europeans get acquainted with freedom and democracy and the West. Without people like Soros, Eastern Europeans would still be the American imperialism and America haters of communist times, and not partners in NATO. The OSF has been a supporter of good vs evil in those countries (if one thinks that Western-type democracy is good).

Of course a lot of local post-communist and populist parties have cried wolf. Nobody likes their electorate to be informed, or truly democratic forces to get financial support. But Eastern Europe would be the usual cesspool of Russian influence without people like Soros supporting the brilliant minds inside those young democracies. The fact that most of those countries are today part of the European Union is also a merit of NGOs like the OSF.

America can't be friends with Russia, unless America gives up Europe, you know, the place where "white" civilization was born. Today they want just Eastern Europe, tomorrow they'll want all of it. They are patient; they've built their empire, 3 times the size of the US when it was the Soviet Union, over centuries. Russians hate Western civilization, they just like its products. Letting Russia shape one's thinking is, in my book, a proof of utter stupidity and/or ignorance. Of course they will badmouth all the supporters of democracy; they have been historically about as democratic as we've been totalitarian. There is no free speech, there is basically not much freedom in that country; it's downright anti-American (as much as I hate that word) to get inspiration from the Russians. They hate America with a vengeance, especially because the loss of Eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin Wall, just a lot of brainwashed people (with too few exceptions) in a country where the media has been under tight government control for most of the past 100 years. They haven't had even 10 years of true democracy during that time. Is that the model you want for the United States?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
But since you brought that up... there is a lot more racism these days, I wonder why.
Because racism makes even losers feel superior. The person may be a friggin lowlife who's just a waste of oxygen on this planet but, hey, at least s/he's "White", codename for the nazi Aryan.

Keep using your favorite brainwash, don't forget the conditioner!

The Open Society Foundation has been a force of good in Eastern Europe. You can badmouth him all you want, that won't change the fact that his foundation has helped millions of young Eastern Europeans get acquainted with freedom and democracy and the West. Without people like Soros, Eastern Europeans would still be the American imperialism and America haters of communist times, and not partners in NATO. The OSF has been a supporter of good vs evil in those countries (if one thinks that Western-type democracy is good).

Of course a lot of local post-communist and populist parties have cried wolf. Nobody likes their electorate to be informed, or truly democratic forces to get financial support. But Eastern Europe would be the usual cesspool of Russian influence without people like Soros supporting the brilliant minds inside those young democracies. The fact that most of those countries are today part of the European Union is also a merit of NGOs like the OSF.

America can't be friends with Russia, unless America gives up Europe, you know, the place where "white" civilization was born. Today they want just Eastern Europe, tomorrow they'll want all of it. They are patient; they've built their empire, 3 times the size of the US when it was the Soviet Union, over centuries. Russians hate Western civilization, they just like its products. Letting Russia shape one's thinking is, in my book, a proof of utter stupidity and/or ignorance. Of course they will badmouth all the supporters of democracy; they have been historically about as democratic as we've been totalitarian. There is no free speech, there is basically not much freedom in that country; it's downright anti-American (as much as I hate that word) to get inspiration from the Russians. They hate America with a vengeance, especially because the loss of Eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin Wall, just a lot of brainwashed people (with too few exceptions) in a country where the media has been under tight government control for most of the past 100 years. They haven't had even 10 years of true democracy during that time. Is that the model you want for the United States?

Yeah Soros is a real humanitarian?

He's worth 20 billion dollars now right? What products/innovation did he bring to market again?

Can't seem to think about how he made all of his money? How come his hedge fund isn't regulated by the SEC again?

Oh wait. Thats right, I'm just crazy right? He's a true hero, you got me!

Yeah Soros is a real humanitarian?

He's worth 20 billion dollars now right? What products/innovation did he bring to market again?

Can't seem to think about how he made all of his money? How come his hedge fund isn't regulated by the SEC again?

Oh wait. Thats right, I'm just crazy right? He's a true hero, you got me!
Don't forget to contribute some money this month to your favorite marxist or nationalist party! Only those tend to think about successful stock market speculators as "useless parasites". And he's regulated enough apparently to get an "insider trading" conviction of 1M euro from the French. I am not an expert, but I would guess his fund is not a hedge fund (but a family office) probably because he doesn't have outside investors, just from his own family?

Soros arrived in the West with almost nothing, like most refugees. If anything, he's what the American dream is about. Trump is smart when he dodges taxes and goes bankrupt n times, but hey, Soros is evil because he was able to make billions legally in ways Joe Dummy could never, and has donated about 10% of his wealth in his lifetime. And, I forgot, he's Jewish not "White", so he must belong to the World Conspiracy, or whatever the invented enemy to unite haters is called nowadays. Had Trump been as rich and successful as Soros, he would have been "smart".

He's definitely evil, yeah. Or maybe he's just a decent successful person, who spends his money on what he thinks promotes the greater good in this world, somebody grateful who gives back to society, not just takes, takes, takes.

Again, dude, when the Russian government literally hates somebody, you have probably just identified an agent for good.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't forget to contribute some money this month to your favorite marxist party! Only those tend to think about successful stock market speculators as "useless parasites". And he's regulated enough apparently to get an "insider trading" conviction of 1M euro from the French. I am not an expert, but I would guess his fund is not a hedge fund (but a family office) probably because he doesn't have outside investors, just from his own family?

Soros arrived in the West with almost nothing, like most immigrants. If anything, he's what the American dream is about. Trump is smart when he dodges taxes and goes bankrupt n times, but hey, Soros is evil because he was able to make billions legally in ways Joe Dummy could never, and has donated about 10% of his wealth in his lifetime. And, I forgot, he's Jewish not "White", so he must belong to the World Conspiracy, or whatever the invented enemy to unite haters is called nowadays. Had Trump been as rich and successful as Soros, he would have been "smart".

He's definitely evil, yeah. Or maybe he's just a decent successful person, who spends his money on what he thinks promotes good in this world, somebody who gives back to society, not just takes, takes, takes.

Actually, Soros keeps his money offshore so that his hedgefund isn't regulated by the SEC (unlike the vast majority of players).

Why is that?

He didn't do "successful stock market speculation". He did currency manipulation, insider trading, promoted terrible "movements" in other countries to steal resources, funded the oligarchs in Russia to steal oil resources, etc.

The dude is a parasite and has been banned by MANY countries. Trump is literally a SAINT compared to this clown.

If he has done so much "good", why he is almost universally hated in Eastern Europe, Russia, Malaysia, most of Asia, China, Latin America, etc?

These people must all be stupid huh?

If he has done so much "good", why he is almost universally hated in Eastern Europe, Russia, Malaysia, most of Asia, China, Latin America, etc?

Errr... yeah?! During communist times, 90+% of Eastern Europe would have ripped off your imperialist American guts, if so ordered. That's what constant brainwash does to people, even smarter ones. Go watch/read "1984"; that's what the Eastern Bloc looked like. And for every way Soros money impacts thinking in the countries you mentioned there are 3 times stronger forces that try to brainwash those people into anti-democratic philosophies. Have you noticed none of them is an epitome of democracy? Have you lived in any of those countries?

Change your brand of shampoo, dude. Forget your conspiracy theories; they are so childish it's scary. Why do you think nobody here believes you're an attending? Only "losers" are obsessed with conspiracy theories in this world; talented people just keep doing what they are best at, and succeed despite all of those "bad" dudes out there. That's the American way. ;)

Let's not mention that, statistically, people who believe in conspiracy theories tend to be dumb. You really don't want to be associated with them. Just say that you don't like Western-type democracy, because that's exactly what Soros and his foundation promote. As I said, if the Russians don't like it, you can almost bet it's good for the Western world. They are about as tribal as we love individual human rights. Mother Russia, remember? Do you think they gave asylum to Snowden because they want America to be "great", or their love for democracy?

Again, why are we wasting our time with you? You'll just go watch some Russia Today to find out "the truth" anyway.

Errr... yeah?! During communist times, 90+% of Eastern Europe would have ripped off your imperialist American guts, if so ordered. That's what constant brainwash does to people, even smarter ones. Go watch/read "1984"; that's what the Eastern Bloc looked like. And for every way Soros money impacts thinking in the countries you mentioned there are 3 times stronger forces that try to brainwash those people into anti-democratic philosophies. Have you noticed none of them is an epitome of democracy? Have you lived in any of those countries?

Change your brand of shampoo, dude. Forget your conspiracy theories; they are so childish it's scary. Why do you think nobody here believes you're an attending? Only "losers" are obsessed with conspiracy theories in this world; talented people just keep doing what they are best at, and succeed despite all of those "bad" dudes out there. That's the American way. ;)

Let's not mention that, statistically, people who believe in conspiracy theories tend to be dumb. You really don't want to be associated with them. Just say that you don't like Western-type democracy, because that's exactly what Soros and his foundation promote. As I said, if the Russians don't like it, you can almost bet it's good for the Western world. They are about as tribal as we love individual human rights. Mother Russia, remember? Do you think they gave asylum to Snowden because they want America to be "great", or their love for democracy?

Again, why are we wasting our time with you? You'll just go watch some Russia Today to find out "the truth" anyway.

This video on 60 mins and analyzed by your boy says it all:

Soros admits:

1) His obtaining of money is "amoral" whereby he sets up hedge funds overseas without SEC oversight to allow for insider trading, currency manipulation, etc
2) Admits he took goods from fellow Jews during Holocaust to save himself where he has "no feelings of guilt"
3) Admits to manipulating countries with his money to get what he wants politically/economically from an "amoral" system.

These are his own words on 60 mins words.

Don't be mad that we know he is a crook that should never have been let into the country

Also, then don't "waste your time" since you don't even believe 60 mins interviews with Soros who literally admits to this stuff.

Guess Soros and 60 mins are lying too right?

Also, I still remain that RT is superior to NYT/CNN in terms of honesty.

I don't give a damn if you think im an attending or not either or my net worth but I promise it lies within the top 1% in terms of assets (due to inheritance before even starting med school in trust) yet I still "believe these conspiracies"

This video on 60 mins and analyzed by your boy says it all:

Soros admits:

1) His obtaining of money is "amoral" whereby he sets up hedge funds overseas without SEC oversight to allow for insider trading, currency manipulation, etc
2) Admits he took goods from fellow Jews during Holocaust to save himself where he has "no feelings of guilt"
3) Admits to manipulating countries with his money to get what he wants politically/economically from an "amoral" system.

These are his own words on 60 mins words.

Don't be mad that we know he is a crook that should never have been let into the country

I hate resorting to ad hominems but, sir, you are a ***** (replace with your favorite disrespectful word), and I'm literally done with you. I sincerely hope you get banned, sooner or later, and in the meanwhile everybody just puts you on their Ignore list. I very much doubt you are a physician, based on the level of your thinking, but you wouldn't be the first mistake in the system. I tend to agree with those who think your med school admission rejections had to do more with your psyche than discrimination.

First of all, almost any video can edited. As long as there isn't a reliable source for the full version, any video or audio registration is worthless (and inadmissible in court, for the same reason). We've seen tons of edited videos used for smearing campaigns. Why don't you post the full real 60 minutes video, not the brain shampoo circulating on *****net? If he's so intelligent and evil, why would he admit to it on public television? (If you want to get just a touch educated, at your understanding level, go watch the movie Rising Sun on Netflix. It's fun, and it also shows you how smoke and mirrors work with just the right video editing. And that's just for the typical cinema public, 20 years ago, not at rocket science levels.)

Second, Soros was a kid during the Holocaust. Even if true, what do you expect from a scared kid? Do you really think you'd be a decent human being if pushed to your limits? Have you ever been the target of a genocide, systematically exterminated like bugs? Who are you to judge?

Third, nobody is perfect, but I would rather take a billionaire who does a ton of good for many others, versus those who care only about themselves and their own circles - the vast majority, and the kind that profits from your favorite brain shampoo.

And people wonder why intelligent people are (becoming) elitist...

I hate resorting to ad hominems but, sir, you are a ***** (replace with your favorite disrespectful word), and I'm literally done with you. I sincerely hope you get banned, sooner or later, and in the meanwhile everybody just puts you on their Ignore list. I very much doubt you are a physician, based on the level of your thinking, but you wouldn't be the first mistake in the system. I tend to agree with those who think your med school admission rejections had to do more with your psyche than discrimination.

First of all, almost any video can edited. As long as there isn't a reliable source for the full version, any video or audio registration is worthless (and inadmissible in court, for the same reason). We've seen tons of edited videos used for smearing campaigns. Why don't you post the full real 60 minutes video, not the brain shampoo circulating on *****net? If he's so intelligent and evil, why would he admit to it on public television? (If you want to get just a touch educated, at your understanding level, go watch the movie Rising Sun on Netflix. It's fun, and it also shows you how smoke and mirrors work with just the right video editing. And that's just for the typical cinema public, 20 years ago, not at rocket science levels.)

Second, Soros was a kid during the Holocaust. Even if true, what do you expect from a scared kid? Do you really think you'd be a decent human being if pushed to your limits? Have you ever been the target of a genocide, systematically exterminated like bugs? Who are you to judge?

Third, nobody is perfect, but I would rather take a billionaire who does a ton of good for many others, versus those who care only about themselves and their own circles - the vast majority, and the kind that profits from your favorite brain shampoo.

Sometimes ad hominem is appropriate...sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I think this guy's posts are important. It's showcasing how widespread some of these wild conspiracy theories have become and how easily they are spread now in the days of social media. These nutty conspiracy theories are not all that different from how ISIS was able to spread it's message. We need to come up with ideas on how to better combat some of this fringe propaganda. Ignoring it doesn't solve it because it will continue to spread like an information virus. We don't ignore viruses, we try to contain them. Facebook is a good example of what we need to do. Facebook was created to be a social network to keep in touch with friends. However, it has morphed into something much more than that. It has become one of the top distributors of news. Since Facebook was not created as a media organization, it did not evolve an editorial board that fact checks and ensures that the media it is distributing is legitimate. I think companies like Facebook are going to have to realize the responsibility they have. Of course there will be opposition and people crying "censorship," but the spread of misinformation is a problem that we have to solve.

It's funny how everyone applauds the advantages of living in the "Information Age." What we didn't take into account was the ease with which we can spread misinformation. All I have to do is use a familiar trope about becoming enlightened, such as "take the red pill," and now I can tell you anything you want. Just like ISIS, these fringe groups prey on the people who feel disenfranchised in some way.

Actually, Soros keeps his money offshore so that his hedgefund isn't regulated by the SEC (unlike the vast majority of players).

Why is that?

He didn't do "successful stock market speculation". He did currency manipulation, insider trading, promoted terrible "movements" in other countries to steal resources, funded the oligarchs in Russia to steal oil resources, etc.

The dude is a parasite and has been banned by MANY countries. Trump is literally a SAINT compared to this clown.

Pretty simple stuff. George Soros is a scumbag who better hope there is no God so he doesn't have to answer for himself in the afterlife.

I find it funny that people think Russia meddled with the election when Soros once openly said beating W in 2004 was the sole goal in his life. Good thing he can't manipulate elections as well as he does currency.

Sometimes ad hominem is appropriate...sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I think this guy's posts are important. It's showcasing how widespread some of these wild conspiracy theories have become and how easily they are spread now in the days of social media. These nutty conspiracy theories are not all that different from how ISIS was able to spread it's message. We need to come up with ideas on how to better combat some of this fringe propaganda. Ignoring it doesn't solve it because it will continue to spread like an information virus. We don't ignore viruses, we try to contain them. Facebook is a good example of what we need to do. Facebook was created to be a social network to keep in touch with friends. However, it has morphed into something much more than that. It has become one of the top distributors of news. Since Facebook was not created as a media organization, it did not evolve an editorial board that fact checks and ensures that the media it is distributing is legitimate. I think companies like Facebook are going to have to realize the responsibility they have. Of course there will be opposition and people crying "censorship," but the spread of misinformation is a problem that we have to solve.

It's funny how everyone applauds the advantages of living in the "Information Age." What we didn't take into account was the ease with which we can spread misinformation. All I have to do is use a familiar trope about becoming enlightened, such as "take the red pill," and now I can tell you anything you want. Just like ISIS, these fringe groups prey on the people who feel disenfranchised in some way.
I know. That's why I kept responding to him, despite being on my Ignore list for a long time. But you can't argue rationally with irrational cultists. Nothing you say will turn a brainwashed hater; it takes a lot of time and effort. The only thing that remotely touches them is locking them out of civilized society altogether, especially if shunned by their own friends and families. You wouldn't argue with a child or a drunk person, would you?

Welcome to the Dark Ages. This is the price a country pays when it doesn't invest in proper public education. Education is the only way this pest (and others like the antivaxxer one, naturist treatments, creationism, world conspiracies etc.) can be cured. It's like madness; people are just delusional. If we are lucky, this too shall pass. Until then, try your best educating your real-life friends and families, who might actually listen. Worst case scenario, you'll get rid of a few ****oos in your life.

Pretty simple stuff. George Soros is a scumbag who better hope there is no God so he doesn't have to answer for himself in the afterlife.

I find it funny that people think Russia meddled with the election when Soros once openly said beating W in 2004 was the sole goal in his life. Good thing he can't manipulate elections as well as he does currency.

They want to pretend that because they have no defense for that scumbag or Hillary being a corrupt POS.

Ergo, the 'Russia" nonsense without any evidence.

Sure Putin didn't like Hillary but I sincerely doubt they had anything to do with Wikileaks and no evidence has been presented besides speculation.

Furthermore, no one has actually denied any of the contents of Wiki since the emails have all been authenticated.

Emails showed NYT/CNN/etc were in collusion with Hillary, Soros is her biggest donor whereby he told her what to do in the Ukraine/elsewhere for his own personal wealth/vendetta against Putin since throwing out oligarchs, Collusion over screwing bernie out of DNC leadership, etc.

Regardless of origins, that is reality even if Russia helped Assange, which has never been proven.

Also, the clowns who are claiming they are "educated" have presented literally zero evidence disputing any of the facts presented before.

Therefore, they devolve into ad hom attacks about "loser with no money or lack of education".

Liberalism 101= mental disorder

They want to pretend that because they have no defense for that scumbag or Hillary being a corrupt POS.

Ergo, the 'Russia" nonsense without any evidence.

Sure Putin didn't like Hillary but I sincerely doubt they had anything to do with Wikileaks and no evidence has been presented besides speculation.

Furthermore, no one has actually denied any of the contents of Wiki since the emails have all been authenticated.

Emails showed NYT/CNN/etc were in collusion with Hillary, Soros is her biggest donor whereby he told her what to do in the Ukraine/elsewhere for his own personal wealth/vendetta against Putin since throwing out oligarchs, Collusion over screwing bernie out of DNC leadership, etc.

Regardless of origins, that is reality even if Russia helped Assange, which has never been proven.

No evidence except for the head of the NSA saying otherwise. Oh yeah, I forgot, they were all in collusion together to get Clinton elected. That's the problem with conspiracy theories...they create circular logic.

No evidence except for the head of the NSA saying otherwise. Oh yeah, I forgot, they were all in collusion together to get Clinton elected. That's the problem with conspiracy theories...they create circular logic.
Do yourself a favor and stop arguing with him. You won't convince him and, when you wrestle a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Btw, my biggest problem with American PC is that we can't call a spade a spade in real life anymore, and that's the source of stupid people spreading stupid stuff. That's where the Russians are better, I admit.

Head of NSA was appointed by Obama, so he's not exactly an impartial observer, therefore I don't just take his word for stuff.

Did he provide any evidence through ISPs or other logs tracing official Russian sources? Funny how he never showed how he determined this huh?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ian-front-u-s-intelligence-isn-t-so-sure.html

Do yourself a favor and stop arguing with him. You won't convince him and, when you wrestle a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

He better stop arguing with me or he will get crushed like you did. Now shoo.

So Soros, as an investor, saw a chance to make strategic investments in order to make money. If he was conservative you would be holding him up as a god. Remember Romney was a true vulture capitalist who swooped in, took over companies, leveraged them and then either sold or moved them to make profit. In capitalism there is no true morality, no matter how it goes down, it is exploitation for a profit. Look at what any hedge fund does, they exploit market forces and sometimes that has devastating consequences for the average person.

Status
Not open for further replies.