I'm in a dilemma. I want my spring grades to count, but I have also heard that applying as early as possible would be extremely advantageous. I am on the quarter system and and will most likely have spring grades come out in late June before I can send out my transcript.
I have a 3.67 cGPA and a 3.76 sGPA. I will most likely be getting all A's this quarter and with those grades factored in, I would have a 3.71 cGPA and a 3.80 sGPA.
Would it be worth it to wait or nah? Help plz. Thanks!
I think submitting an earlier application is more important than having the slightly higher cGPA and sGPA. Your spring quarter grades may not be on your transcript until mid/end of June so your transcript would not arrive at AMCAS until the end of June/early July even if you rush deliver it.
Plus your sGPA is solid as is so going from 3.76 sGPA to 3.80 sGPA isn't a significant difference in my opinion.
I'd say wait. While there isn't a big difference between 3.67 and 3.71 (0.04), there is a psychological bump between 3.69 and 3.70 that could put you in a different bin at some schools.
Was about to submit transcript, but found out I have a hold
@LizzyM would this "psychological bump" apply to my sGPA (3.76->3.80) as well? I am a CA resident and while it's hard to give definitive answers, I'd like to maximize my chances at attending a UC (haven't heard that one before right? lol). In your opinion would applying early or waiting till late June with a higher GPA be better?