WAMC? 3.87 cGPA 516

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexington251

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be applying to U Kansas. Add a few more schools such as St. Louis, Tulane, Einstein, Hofstra, Rochester.

Reactions: 1 users
You should be applying to U Kansas. Add a few more schools such as St. Louis, Tulane, Einstein, Hofstra, Rochester.
Oops I forgot to add that school! Fixed

Also, I wasn't sure about Slu because they said they really look for community service, and I think that would be the weakest part of my application

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops I forgot to add that school! Fixed

Also, I wasn't sure about Slu because they said they really look for community service, and I think that would be the weakest part of my application

Your list looks good. You have a lot of top 20 schools on there, but you have the stats for them so I wouldn't be worried. I would add a couple more mid tier schools like Hofstra and Rochester to be safe. SLU and Tulane are both big on community service and given your stats, I think would be low yield for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Your list looks good. You have a lot of top 20 schools on there, but you have the stats for them so I wouldn't be worried. I would add a couple more mid tier schools like Hofstra and Rochester to be safe. SLU and Tulane are both big on community service and given your stats, I think would be low yield for you.
Thank you! I think I'll add Einstein and Rochester.

Any thoughts @gyngyn @Goro ?

As an ORM with a 516/34 I think half of that list are reaches, but if you'd be happy to attend U Kansas then it's safe enough.

You are above the accept thresholds for KU in about everything

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using SDN mobile

Thank you! I think I'll add Einstein and Rochester.

Any thoughts @gyngyn @Goro ?
Yes, add Hofstra and Rochester. Delete Baylor, UT Dell, Yale, Vandy, U Penn, Harvard and Wash U. Also get in more service to others less fortunate than yourself. You wanna aim high, you gotta have the hours. Medicine is a service profession

As an ORM with a 516/34 I think half of that list are reaches, but if you'd be happy to attend U Kansas then it's safe enough.
Ideally I'd like to go somewhere other than my state school, as I'm considering it my "safety." I will certainly be volunteering over the next year!