*~*WAMC (what are my chances?) Megathread*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A pharmacy student says "pharmacy is saturated"..............:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to be in a few years! :scared:

I can image your friend's disappointment when she inquired you, a pharmacy student, regarding her chances of getting in and only being told that pharmacy is saturated. :laugh:

First off, any extracurriculars or volunteer experience?
What 7 schools?

Based on GPA alone (3.0), I say her chances are low to average. For what it's worth, average GPA of applicants in my area is 3.3-3.5

I would also start off with those questions and I agree that with a 3.0 GPA her changes are low to average unless she has a stellar PCAT score, lots of ECs (credible ones) and some volunteering or work experience.

I have an idea. Why don't you tell your friend to join SDN instead of you having to act as a liaison?:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I can image your friend's disappointment when she inquired you, a pharmacy student, regarding her chances of getting in and only being told that pharmacy is saturated. :laugh:

First off, any extracurriculars or volunteer experience?
What 7 schools?

Based on GPA alone (3.0), I say her chances are low to average. For what it's worth, average GPA of applicants in my area is 3.3-3.5

She is applying to:
Mercer
Campbell
St. John Fisher
Long Island University
Midwestern University at Glendale
Howard
University of Illinios at Chicago
University of Pittsburg
Lecom at Erie PA

***She has been working as a tech for almost one year now.

Ex activities and volunteer work:
United for sight for two years
Habitat for humanity for two years
Volunteer teacher to immigrants for two years
Life takes gutsa organization that spreads awareness of importance of organ donations for four years
Chess Club
Tea Club
Carolina Peer mentor
Chapel Caraboro City school tutor

What are her chances?

She told me she wants to apply early decision for Howard. Do you think that is a good idea? She isn't african american though....

A pharmacy student says "pharmacy is saturated"..............:eek:

It is extremely saturated, just look around no one is hiring. I am not even sure if pharmacy school is worth it (should have done my research before applying) so it's hard for me to highly recommend it to anyone else. I mean taking out over 100K in loans and spending FOUR YEARS of your life in school to just come out to make around 60K (AFTER TAXES) isn't something that's super great by any means. I told this to a few people and they told me it wasn't worth it actually. LOL...they told me it sounds like a waste of time and there are better ways to make money.

She is applying to:
Mercer
Campbell
St. John Fisher
Long Island University
Midwestern University at Glendale
Howard
University of Illinios at Chicago
University of Pittsburg
Lecom at Erie PA

***She has been working as a tech for almost one year now.

Ex activities and volunteer work:
United for sight for two years
Habitat for humanity for two years
Volunteer teacher to immigrants for two years
Life takes gutsa organization that spreads awareness of importance of organ donations for four years
Chess Club
Tea Club
Carolina Peer mentor
Chapel Caraboro City school tutor

What are her chances?

She told me she wants to apply early decision for Howard. Do you think that is a good idea? She isn't african american though....

I must say her other stats are pretty good. Has she taken the PCAT as yet? The thing I've heard about Howard is that the pass rates have been consistently on a downward trend so she may want to take that into consideration. If she thinks she will like the school and their program I would say go for it. She does have some pretty good schools on that list and even though pharmacy may not be as competitive as med, it is still competitive nonetheless.

I must say her other stats are pretty good. Has she taken the PCAT as yet? The thing I've heard about Howard is that the pass rates have been consistently on a downward trend so she may want to take that into consideration. If she thinks she will like the school and their program I would say go for it. She does have some pretty good schools on that list and even though pharmacy may not be as competitive as med, it is still competitive nonetheless.

She hasn't taken the PCAT yet. So you think she has a good chance?

Anything on that list that should be removed?

Would you even recommend pharmacy? is it even worth it? (that's something I ask myself everyday!)

Would you even recommend pharmacy? is it even worth it? (that's something I ask myself everyday!)

not worth it. a lot of people are going into pharmacy because there's nothing else for them to do. ie: not interested/qualified for med school/dent school and not interested in research so no grad school. if this person doesn't actually have a passion for pharmacology and is not willing to go the extra mile while in pharm school (research, internships, organizations) then I say no, it's not worth it. i'll be doing the pharmd/phd program and i'm wishing i just would have gone for the phd at this point.

If she wants to pursue pharmacy then I don't see the problem considering that this is the field I want to pursue as well.:D

St. John's and LIU, from what I remember, are really hard to get into due to lack of available seats once the professional phase of the program starts (they have a 0+6 program at both schools). Even if they do have seats, it becomes twice as hard to get accepted because you can have 30 students applying for 2 available seats. If she does exceptionally well on the PCAT then I don't see her having much of a problem getting an interview especially since she already obtained her degree.

Why can't she look into UNC as one of her choices as well? That's where her degree is from right?

not worth it. a lot of people are going into pharmacy because there's nothing else for them to do. ie: not interested/qualified for med school/dent school and not interested in research so no grad school. if this person doesn't actually have a passion for pharmacology and is not willing to go the extra mile while in pharm school (research, internships, organizations) then I say no, it's not worth it. i'll be doing the pharmd/phd program and i'm wishing i just would have gone for the phd at this point.

I agree to certain degree. SHC your friend needs to decide if she really wants to pursue pharmacy as a career. If she does then I don't see the problem.:thumbup:

I agree to certain degree. SHC your friend needs to decide if she really wants to pursue pharmacy as a career. If she does then I don't see the problem.:thumbup:

right. and to add my experience with the type of students i mentioned is derived from personal experience... i've seen it at my undergrad institution and at the majority of the schools i interviewed at. anecdotal i know, but i interviewed at three top 10 institutions and saw this mentality so i can't imagine how the students are at the lower end schools.

right. and to add my experience with the type of students i mentioned is derived from personal experience... i've seen it at my undergrad institution and at the majority of the schools i interviewed at. anecdotal i know, but i interviewed at three top 10 institutions and saw this mentality so i can't imagine how the students are at the lower end schools.

:thumbup:

a. Schools you are applying to- CND, UMD, Purdue, Utah, Ohio State, University of MI, University of OK, maybe VCU and UCSD
b. Overall GPA- 3.75
c. Math/Science GPA-3.6
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) will take August but do not expect very high
f. Pharmacy experience obtained- worked 4 years in hospital pharmacy

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs- 3 LOR, 1-professor, 2-employer, 3-unknown yet
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience- Research at UMD's Pharmacy School and John Hopkins School of Medicine, ACS Member, Apart of College Admission Ambassadors, Honors Program, Volunteered in New Orleans 2 years
j. Self-perception of interview skills- Decent but I read about group interviews and they make more nervous.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality- Coming together but hopefully strong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say as long as her PCAT is good enough she'll get in somewhere - if she applies to enough places.

Pharmacy isn't saturated everywhere...

Hello... here's my stats...

a. Schools you are applying to: ALL CALI, OREGON and WASHINGTON schools, Midwestern (both), LECOM, and Samford
b. Overall GPA 3.2
c. Math/Science GPA 3.2
d. GPA in last one or two school years Bach= 3.5, Post= 4.0
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite)
verbal 82
rc 81
chem88
bio94
quant 94
comp:93

f. Pharmacy experience obtained I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for 2 years, and now volunteer at retail pharmacy for 6 months- plus have my tech license
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) submitted 7/31 and now working on secondary

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs
4- research pi, microbio prof, pharmacy coordinator at hospital and pharmacist at retail pharmacy
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience research lab- did mostly hippocampus dissections and cultures, worked with autistic kid at afterschool program
j. Self-perception of interview skills hopefully good/decent?
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality hmm solid... i hope

I'm retaking classes that to bring up my GPA and most likely start working at a pharmacy in a hospital soon (had an interview and will hear back soon)... any comments and critiques will help! Thanks in advance :)

Just an fyi, some schools even though their application deadline is in February they might not take a January exam date because it can take upwards of 6 weeks to get the results. I'd look more into that. I'd also highly suggest signing up for the October test date.
I just checked with them, they said that they do accept January PCAT scores. Also I am a CPhT, and I also hold a Associates Degree in General Studies from JC. I earned this while still in high school, what do you think my chances are without the pcat.

btw, I plan on also applying to Texas Tech

That's true, I think that was the reason why I went into pharmacy. I dropped out of dental school (just wasn't interested in that) and didn't know what else to do with my science degree so I went into pharmacy. I somewhat regret it now b/c of the saturation, but what else can I do? Unless I can go back in time and be 18 years old again (and change my college major to something NON science) there really isn't much that I can do. :rolleyes:

Why can't she look into UNC as one of her choices as well? That's where her degree is from right?

She never took Microbiology which is a requirement for UNC.

your friend graduated from UNC and she is not applying to UNC?

your friend graduated from UNC and she is not applying to UNC?

She say 1) she don't have all the require classes taken and 2) she doesn't think she have a chance with a 3.0 GPA.

What do you think? anyone from UNC pharmacy that got in with a 3.0 GPA?

She say 1) she don't have all the require classes taken and 2) she doesn't think she have a chance with a 3.0 GPA.

What do you think? anyone from UNC pharmacy that got in with a 3.0 GPA?

It's definitely possible with a 3.0 if she scores high on the PCAT. I had to take micro over the summer at a CC which was beyond easy. I was basically the same applicant as your friend minus any pharm experience. Applied to 7, got into 5. Accepted to UNCs satellite campus/waitlisted at main campus.

Overall GPA: 3.55
Math/Science GPA: 3.7
Electives GPA: 3.4

PCAT: not taking it bc applying to skools that dont require it
Volunteer: a little but got a pharmcist said that he is gonna look out for me

I am not going to take my PCAT this year but i am applying at Pharmacy Schools that dont require PCAT, such as: 2 schools in boston (worchester and manchester), Purdue, sum other schools

1. So can anyone tell wut i need to do to get accepted into a Pharmacy School??
2. Wut schools should i apply to that will make my grades competitive to those schools?
3. Does anyone know other schools that dont require PCAT besides the one i mentioned??
4. Wuts the chances of me getting into a pharmacy skool?

You might want to start with properly spelling words.

a. Schools you are applying to: Hampton University

b. Overall GPA : 3.62

c. Math/Science GPA: 3.43

d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.8, 4.0

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) = 50% COMP (NO STUDYING) I am studying now and retaking in October

f. Pharmacy experience obtained: None as of now, they are few and far between, i was thinking of taking the PTCB coarse that offers an externship at a local pharmacy in order to gain required experience.

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): I will be applying for the fall of 2011 matriculation

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 1 from physics professor (got an A in PHY I & II), and 1 from my Organic Lab professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: Owned my own company for 5 years and sold it because I wanted to follow my dream in medicine. I was the VP/Owner of a mortgage company with 28 employees. I have for the past 4 years been the assistant coach for my kids baseball teams. I currently have a job doing loss prevention for a large company while I am in school

j. Self-perception of interview skills: Not worried about the interview at all. I am a great communicator and love meeting new people, as well as experiencing new things.

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: I think it is pretty decent. I am 34 years old with twin 8 year old boys and a 1 year old girl, that has been married for 10 years. I am a full time student, stay at home dad, and part time employee.

I am completely finished with all of my pre-reqs, and now am just focusing on getting pharmacy experience and retaking my pcats, so that I can have a solid 70+ on my PCATs for my application submission in Feb 2011.

What do you think my chances are? :scared:

a. Schools you are applying to
pitt, tju, cinci, maryland, temple, st johns fisher (listed from top choice to last choice)
b. Overall GPA
3.2ish
c. Math/Science GPA
d. GPA in last one or two school years
3.35 or more
65% composite from Oct 09. I forget my stats except chem was 77% and Math was 65%. Reading comp was lowest in the mid 50s. I'm retaking on August 21st in hopes of at least 70% composite
f. Pharmacy experience obtained
3 years, over 1500 hrs retail
currently shadowing in a hospital
doing pharm research this fall semester (+ hopefully longer)

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary)
within the next 3-4 weeks
3 LORS (1 pharmacist, 1 ochem professor, 1 pharmacy law professor)..i might get another professor, too. the references i already have are quite good--I've gotten nice feedback from their LORS before
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience
coaching youth soccer and wrestling, former-service based club president, intramurals, teaching assistant, a few clubs, non-rx research
j. Self-perception of interview skills
strong interview skills. i've fared very well in the past
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality
not finished yet. last yr's was decent. i'll prob talk about my experiences/goals within pharmacy and my drive since i'm re-applying

Thanks guys! Good luck to everyone. Feel free to private message me too if I wasn't clear on anything.

Last edited:
Hey, so I'll be a junior majoring in math this year, but I could potentially have all my pre-reqs completed by spring '11 (only need O-chem and a couple others). I'm finished with the PCAT and have a good GPA and could get good LORs, but I have no experience/EC's on my transcript. I haven't even been in a pharmacy since I shadowed back in high school (I got into a 0-6 program but dropped out b/c of financial issues/doubts). I was thinking about passing on applying this cycle and just getting some volunteering/experience in (was going to do this anyway).

Should I waste my time applying this cycle? If I waited a year I would have the benefit of offering a bachelor's done by Spring '12 and a year's worth of EC's/experience. My main concern over applying now is the lack of experience would hurt me during the actual school if I did get in somewhere. Assuming I started doing shadowing/getting some experience in within the next month or so, and did that for several months, would that be enough 'field experience' to prepare me by the time my first year would start in Fall '11? I don't want to go into school completely naive and get caught behind because everyone there already has a comfortable understanding.

a. Plan to apply to ~10 schools in PA, MD, NY,WV area. I really don't have a preference besides that (maybe UMD-Baltimore).
b-d. 4.0 cum GPA
e. 94 PCAT (66:VA 63:B 98:RC 94:QA 95:C)
f. no pharmacy experience
g. Haven't started app yet
h. I could get 3 decent letters
i. no EC's
j. alright interview skills
k. haven't written PS yet

*Tangent thread warning*

Searching these forums I see a lot of mention of "saturation" of the field, but where does this information actually come from? I'd like to read more about it.

*Sorry for thread hijacking*

*Tangent thread warning*

Searching these forums I see a lot of mention of "saturation" of the field, but where does this information actually come from? I'd like to read more about it.

*Sorry for thread hijacking*

search "saturation" in the pharmacy forums and you'll find plenty of reading.

Ay PharmD eighty7.......go smoke more rocks coward.

Instead of paying attention at my spelling, maybe you should start paying a little attention on your schooling loser.

Sorry for the re-post, but I didnt want my serious question to be overlooked because of people not knowing how to act like adults!

a. Schools you are applying to: Hampton University

b. Overall GPA : 3.62
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.43
d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.8, 4.0

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) = 50% COMP (NO STUDYING) I am studying now and retaking in October

f. Pharmacy experience obtained: None as of now, they are few and far between, i was thinking of taking the PTCB coarse that offers an externship at a local pharmacy in order to gain required experience.

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): I will be applying for the fall of 2011 matriculation

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 1 from physics professor (got an A in PHY I & II), and 1 from my Organic Lab professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: Owned my own company for 5 years and sold it because I wanted to follow my dream in medicine. I was the VP/Owner of a mortgage company with 28 employees. I have for the past 4 years been the assistant coach for my kids baseball teams. I currently have a job doing loss prevention for a large company while I am in school

j. Self-perception of interview skills: Not worried about the interview at all. I am a great communicator and love meeting new people, as well as experiencing new things.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: I think it is pretty decent. I am 34 years old with twin 8 year old boys and a 1 year old girl, that has been married for 10 years. I am a full time student, stay at home dad, and part time employee.

I am completely finished with all of my pre-reqs, and now am just focusing on getting pharmacy experience and retaking my pcats, so that I can have a solid 70+ on my PCATs for my application submission in Feb 2011.

What do you think my chances are? :scared:

Last edited:
Hi
I have a foreign transcript, B.S majoring in Economics with 2.08 GPA (evaluated by ECE).
Have been to US for 4 years now.
Have done most of the Pre-req (still have some planned for this year)
Current GPA at college 3.08(this also includes some stupid ESL grades:mad:)
Already have a pharmacy tech license and work exp at walgreens and Longs for almost 2 years.
Starting a vol position at Red Cross this month.
Have already submited both suplemental and pharmcas.
Applied as early bird to UOP.
Don't need to take PCAT but am going to take toefl in late August.
Have a good Personal statement and 2 LORs.
Have two years of leading exp in community.
What are my chances and what other schools you think i should apply?
THANKS

Last edited:
I will complete all of my prerequisites by the end of the spring 2011 semester. The only reason i'm applying to only UB is because i wont have the prerequisites done for other schools in time. Since the classes are getting harder realistically it will be very hard to increase my GPA a lot. So i am heavily depending on my LORs, personal statement, and PCAT score.

a. Schools you are applying to: University at Buffalo
b. Overall GPA : 3.1
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.0

d. GPA in last one or two school years:
- Same because i will be entering my sophomore year this Fall

- taking in October for 1st time

f. Pharmacy experience obtained:
- 100+ hours in inpatient pharmacy at hospital
- shadowed a retail pharmacist for a couple of weeks

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary):
- I will submit by the end of August

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs:
- 1 from the head of the inpatient pharmacy at the Buffalo VA hospital
-1 from a retail pharmacist
-1 from a science professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience:
-Worked a year as assistant manager in a jewelry corporation

-Tutoring
-Various community events (races, walks, etc)

j. Self-perception of interview skills:
-Above average communication skills
-Very persuasive, confident, and can think of quick responses to answers i dont know.
-Only problem that i think i have to fix is i tend to mumble, speak fast if i get carried away.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality:
-I think it's pretty decent. I covered everything i had to go through, my goals, and really emphasized on myself as a pharmacist.

PLEASE HELP!

Hey, so I'll be a junior majoring in math this year, but I could potentially have all my pre-reqs completed by spring '11 (only need O-chem and a couple others). I'm finished with the PCAT and have a good GPA and could get good LORs, but I have no experience/EC's on my transcript. I haven't even been in a pharmacy since I shadowed back in high school (I got into a 0-6 program but dropped out b/c of financial issues/doubts). I was thinking about passing on applying this cycle and just getting some volunteering/experience in (was going to do this anyway).

Should I waste my time applying this cycle? If I waited a year I would have the benefit of offering a bachelor's done by Spring '12 and a year's worth of EC's/experience. My main concern over applying now is the lack of experience would hurt me during the actual school if I did get in somewhere. Assuming I started doing shadowing/getting some experience in within the next month or so, and did that for several months, would that be enough 'field experience' to prepare me by the time my first year would start in Fall '11? I don't want to go into school completely naive and get caught behind because everyone there already has a comfortable understanding.

a. Plan to apply to ~10 schools in PA, MD, NY,WV area. I really don't have a preference besides that (maybe UMD-Baltimore).
b-d. 4.0 cum GPA
e. 94 PCAT (66:VA 63:B 98:RC 94:QA 95:C)
f. no pharmacy experience
g. Haven't started app yet
h. I could get 3 decent letters
i. no EC's
j. alright interview skills
k. haven't written PS yet

I would apply for sure. Your GPA and PCAT are very very good. I had stats close to yours with only the pre-pharmacy club as my pre-req. I also had only about 25 hours from shadowing at the VA, which I recommend you go there. It's easy to get in and good experience. I did my hours the fall I applied. I would say you have a good chance of getting in, and to go for it. I would also think about addressing the lack of experience in your personal statement. If you're going to apply, you had better get on it!

A. Schools applying to: UGA, Mercer, South, possible PCOM
B. Overall GPA: 3.49
C. Math/Science GPA: 3.38 (took Calculus many years ago and got D, retook and got B, almost everything else has been an A)
D. GPA in last couple school years: between 3.67 and 4.0 every semester
E. Taking August PCAT
F. Volunteered at pharmacies over summer, shadowed clinical pharmacist in hospital
G. Putting together application, will have it ready by Aug 31st
H. 1 LOR from academic advisor, at least 1 from a pharmacist I've volunteered for
I. worked a number of jobs over the last few years, most of time spent working for airline, no jobs in medical fields, no volunteering other than time this summer in pharmacies
J. Interview skills-probably average
K. Personal Statement-average, still working on it

Get a decent grade on the PCAT, and I would say you're good.

NOVA, UF, LECOM

b. Overall GPA

c. Math/Science GPA

Haven't taken the PCAT.

None.

Haven't applied yet but plan to do so by October.

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
2 so far both from science professors.

Part time job & ~100 hrs of volunteer at a hospital

Pretty good! :)

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality
Haven't done this yet.

University of Montana, UW, USC, UW-Madison
b. Overall GPA
3.08 when I finished my BA, 3.39 so far at University of Montana's Pre-Pharm
c. Math/Science GPA
3.3+ (haven't calculated it yet, but it's high)
3.40, 3.39
Taking August 21
Worked for a retail pharmacy Aug-Nov 2009, Volunteered in a closed pharmacy May 2010-present (logged over 80+ hours so far)
Soon.
Professor, Pharmacist (worked for), Pharmacist (shadow-some universities may not accept this one), Former employer
Corrections Officer for 1 year (I think this makes me stand out.)
Excellent!

EC's- Bachelor's Degree of Biological Sciences (Evolutionary Ecology), Published paper by Montana State University Entomology Dept. - The Evolution of Dragonflies, 2nd Place in a state-wide speech competition, STA of Physics I, STA of Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy, Certified First Responder

"Saturation" is just short-hand for "jobs aren't falling into my lap and I have to be proactive like everyone else in the world."

but I want jobs to fall into my lap! :(

Is she unable to take the course over the Fall semester?

She told me she is resigter as an accounting major in New York City community colleges and ALL their community colleges are connected. So since she is an accounting major they refuse to let her take Microbiology. She can change her status to a nonmajor but they increase the tuition of people that are nonmajors.

So she is applying to eight schools now.
Howard, Mercer, Lecom Erie PA, Lecom Bradenton FL, St. John Fisher, Midwestern, Campbell, and another school in AZ I forgot the name.

That's her final list, she is about to submit her application. She is still very worried and thinks she has no chance.

She actually meets the requirements for UCSF and UoP. I told her to applied there since it's still before deadline and she won't even applied to those schools! :rolleyes:

People worry too much. LOL...

What do you think? anyone?

If she meets the requirements for UoP and UCSF why wouldn't she apply?

She has taken all the required classes to applied, but she is very very very very very insecure of herself b/c her GPA is a 3.0 only. She does have a degree from UNC though. I told her she still has a chance but she doesn't believe me. :rolleyes:

She has taken all the required classes to applied, but she is very very very very very insecure of herself b/c her GPA is a 3.0 only. She does have a degree from UNC though. I told her she still has a chance but she doesn't believe me. :rolleyes:

Heh, well I don't see any reason to not apply, insecure or not. If she gets rejected, she gets rejected. If not, then great. She won't know until she does.

a. Schools you are applying to:

University of the Pacific
Touro University
University of Southern California
Midwestern University

b. Overall GPA: haven't calculated it

c. Math/Science GPA: haven't calculated it

d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.0

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): haven't taken the PCAT (looking to apply to schools that don't require the PCAT)

f. Pharmacy experience obtained:
7+ years as an in-patient Rx-tech

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): Fall 2011

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs:
8+ from clinical pharmacists

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: Endangered shorebird habitat patrol, watershed quality monitoring, water quality lab testing, helped rebuild Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

j. Self-perception of interview skills: confident in a crowd of <5

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality:
succinct and straight to the point.
Would my Rx experience help my application considering that I have a low overall GPA?

Majority of the time it's forum members' opinions.

Yea does anyone have any ACTUAL DATA to support their claims? So far what I have read is that pharmacy is in good shape because of the aging population. Also when Obamacare gets enacted it is (supposedly) going to benefit the pharmaceutical industry ....Seems like it would all even out....no?

Last edited:
Yea does anyone have any ACTUAL DATA to support their claims? So far what I have read is that pharmacy is in good shape because of the aging population. Also when Obamacare gets enacted it is (supposedly) going to benefit the pharmaceutical industry ....Seems like it would all even out....no?

No, it's all anecdotal. "Actual data" would be BLS and Pharmacy Manpower Services, both of which report that there is current growth of pharmacy and that pharmacy is not saturated.