This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutellaluver

Reaction score
I got the help I needed! Thank you so much all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi nutellalover! I am not here to provide you with a school list (sorry) but instead with a little validation about your research experience. I think what's more important than having a real passion for research is instead understanding the importance of research in informing clinical and public health practices. And I am sure you can use your experiences to express that in your application. I also think it's important to express interest in exploring different types of research to find what (or if any) fit your goals. I personally had a convoluted research experience too, from a summer fellowship that turned into a publication a year later, to doing clinical research enrollments, to community health research disrupted by COVID, and now (finally) a thesis in anthropology. In my interviews, I tried to bridge these experiences and connect them to my overall narrative.You seem to have a strong vision for yourself and the way you want to impact medicine and public health, and you get to control how your research experience fits into that narrative. Don't be discouraged!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi nutellalover! I am not here to provide you with a school list (sorry) but instead with a little validation about your research experience. I think what's more important than having a real passion for research is instead understanding the importance of research in informing clinical and public health practices. And I am sure you can use your experiences to express that in your application. I also think it's important to express interest in exploring different types of research to find what (or if any) fit your goals. I personally had a convoluted research experience too, from a summer fellowship that turned into a publication a year later, to doing clinical research enrollments, to community health research disrupted by COVID, and now (finally) a thesis in anthropology. In my interviews, I tried to bridge these experiences and connect them to my overall narrative.You seem to have a strong vision for yourself and the way you want to impact medicine and public health, and you get to control how your research experience fits into that narrative. Don't be discouraged!

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I'll be sure to continue exploring and finding what fits for me!

Without an official MCAT result, a list really can't be made.

I completely understand that! My university's premed advisor just said to start creating a list of schools based off of my practice scores, which is why I posted on this thread! Do you have any advice on how I can proceed then? Or what schools to start thinking about?

While I don't totally disagree that you need to look at school profiles, many people have had their lists destroyed with a disappointing score. You can proceed cautiously, but stay on task with the MCAT prep.

That said you can make lists based on common sense patterns. In-state apps always have advantages, and school mission and curricula are critical. You need to be able to know if the school will truly support you and that your clinical preparation will take you to the next step. These schools will likely not change regardless of MCAT result.