Want to know options getting out of DO school..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sir04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 29 MCAT score and 3.98 GPA. I was successfully able to get into a DO school. But in spite of so much shadowing experience I did not like medicine at all. In fact I am hating clinicals and Anatomy. Basically, I am finding the curriculum too overwhelming. So could you guys please let me know what are my options? All my resume is filled with activities geared towards medicine - research, shadowing, volunteering, etc.
I think Podiatry does accept MCAT score.
What other medical careers would accept an MCAT? Please guide.

Members don't see this ad.

PA school accepts the MCAT. Not sure why you would like this if you hate DO school.
Australian and Irish dental schools accept the MCAT.

I have 29 MCAT score and 3.98 GPA. I was successfully able to get into a DO school. But in spite of so much shadowing experience I did not like medicine at all. In fact I am hating clinicals and Anatomy. Basically, I am finding the curriculum too overwhelming. So could you guys please let me know what are my options? All my resume is filled with activities geared towards medicine - research, shadowing, volunteering, etc.

You think podiatry will be any easier? It's still clinicals, knowing your anatomy, and is a surgical specialty.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So you're in med school and want to do something else?

Bail and get a MS degree in something that will lead to employment. For example, if you still like science, you can be:

lab tech, clinical (this won't require patient contact)
lab mgr
research tech in either academia or industry
or clinical field with some patient contact (pulmonary or rad tech, OT, PT)

Or MPH

But bail now before you get any more miserable.

Why are you finding the curriculum overwhelming? Have you sought adequate help in managing everything? All this is to say be absolutely sure you want to quit.

Reactions: 1 user